10th Anni Mount Competition Discussion Thread

12357

Comments

  • spotty281
    spotty281 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    collacoc wrote: »
    > @eylenaa said:
    > just went trough all the entries so far and gotta say, pixelheart should win hands down or something is wrong with the community (or lets be honest, the VOTING system..). Really great job on it, impressive.

    Really eylenaa? Let`s see how PWI will like when they have a stolen mount and all the consequences of copyright infringements..... Cause we`re talking about ALL parts stolen from the same mount,which is the property of Riders Of Icarus,therefore a violation of copyright,and let me give you a full picture `copyright forbids display or perform the protected work, or to make derivative works.` DUH ????

    Pixelheart's entry looks nothing like inferno fox from Riders Of Icarus though...(Hers looks waaay better imo) The tails and body don't match up at all. honestly if anything it looks somewhat similar to the evolved Kowlin, dizzy or the Void panther (My favorite mount!).. and even then It's veeery different.
    Honestly at this point I feel like everyone is trying to bring Pixelheart's entry down because her entry is one of the best legit entries there is.
    So sad that people have to act that way :/

  • zelenizel
    zelenizel Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @spotty281 said:

    > Pixelheart's entry looks nothing like inferno fox from Riders Of Icarus though...(Hers looks waaay better imo) The tails and body don't match up at all. honestly if anything it looks somewhat similar to the evolved Kowlin, dizzy or the Void panther (My favorite mount!).. and even then It's veeery different.
    > Honestly at this point I feel like everyone is trying to bring Pixelheart's entry down because her entry is one of the best legit entries there is.
    > So sad that people have to act that way :/

    The only sad thing is that you try to defend the undefendable.It`s obvious that the mount is a 100% stolen idea,and yes it looks totally recognizable altho it`s re-drawn in different style to cover the origin.Noone is trying to bring pixelheart`s entry down,people here just stated the obvious,as they did with many other stolen mounts.And your desperate tries to defend it make you sound ridiculous.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    The real sad thing is people making new accounts on this forum just to complain about my entry. If you don't like it, don't vote it. Suddenly everyone is an art and design critic trying to determine how authentic my drawing is. If you have such a great eye for detail, go use it for greater things and let people enjoy the event.​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Where is the voting exactly?​​
    Support Ticket ♥ Support Email: [email protected]PW Wiki
  • livingonlife
    livingonlife Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Where is the voting exactly?​​

    I've been wondering this myself XD. Thought I had overlooked it or something. It says voting started yesterday (3/22) so I've been looking for the page/poll or whatever so I could vote.

    Nevermind, found the news post.
  • skyte325
    skyte325 Posts: 13 Arc User
    I see Ludicium has more than one entry in the bracket. Thought it was only one entry per person.
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    can see the results of the first 15 battles but not the rest......
  • kikidojoka
    kikidojoka Posts: 6 Arc User
    Omfg. My drawing does not appear for voting!!! Im so angry and i dont understand
    why!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :'(:'(
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    A lot of entries seem to be missing, maybe they are going to include them in a different survey soon? If this is an error on their end, I really hope they fix it :(​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User
    Yeah they did say they was gonna take care of the copyrighted stuff tho I think, but seems like some genuine entries wasn't there, while we got couple copyrighted ones up there, also it's a lil **** so hope they fix it :)
    vFDFy6t.gif
  • chibichi
    chibichi Posts: 15 Arc User
    I've just seen the results of the early polls, and as I've seen before at other PWI events with a stupid voting system, someone already abuses proxy IP-changers to vote certain entries down and tries to step on the "very good" ones, to kick them out already in Round 1.
    • Players that have an Arc account should be abel to vote, not people that can change xxxxx proxy IPs.

    I wanted to believe that some things have changed and there are more thoughts spend on; how to start a fair community event for us. That's why I decided this time to give it a chance and made an entry.

    Sad that the people organizing such events never learn from mistakes they made in the past.
    Sad to see that people go so far, to IP change vote-up ther own entries and down vote others.
    #SadPerfectWorld

  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    chibichi wrote: »
    I've just seen the results of the early polls, and as I've seen before at other PWI events with a stupid voting system, someone already abuses proxy IP-changers to vote certain entries down and tries to step on the "very good" ones, to kick them out already in Round 1.
    • Players that have an Arc account should be abel to vote, not people that can change xxxxx proxy IPs.

    I wanted to believe that some things have changed and there are more thoughts spend on; how to start a fair community event for us. That's why I decided this time to give it a chance and made an entry.

    Sad that the people organizing such events never learn from mistakes they made in the past.
    Sad to see that people go so far, to IP change vote-up ther own entries and down vote others.
    #SadPerfectWorld

    Its one reason I roll my eye at these contests. While fun (at first) always tends to go down the repeated path of them leaving it to the community to vote therefore the abuse begins again of seeing someone have tons of suspected votes over others despite several complaints; it has not been addressed then and likely not now either. The character contest was my last straw having seen plenty of great unique characters then to see the usual people who've won contests before, win. So why would it change now. I may or may not vote due to this abuse going on but that wouldn't be good not supporting the player base who worked on ideas.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

    Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

    A Horrified Fashionsta

    ~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • lindawoman
    lindawoman Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Love how they say they gonna look at stolen content and dont even look at this site.

    SweeTTOoth - Twilight Temple (32b) -> Ripoff and has been proven in this exact post.
    Prespire/Duckblades - Twilight Temple (34a) -> just added a hat to a stolen pciture, also proven in this post.
    MrFisty - Tideswell (43b) -> PWI come on... its your own designed.. wb and tt-boss... hornska lord... SERIOUSLY??
    Zantetsukken - Etherblade (29b) -> kuro from blue exorcist combined with the cat from sailor moon...
  • mrswinter440
    mrswinter440 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Also noticed some entries are not represented in vote. Why?
    Hope they would be added when round 2 starts.
  • kikidojoka
    kikidojoka Posts: 6 Arc User
    Also noticed some entries are not represented in vote. Why?
    Hope they would be added when round 2 starts.

    I also really want to know!! :/ mine dont appear :s
  • spotty281
    spotty281 Posts: 7 Arc User
    zelenizel wrote: »
    > @spotty281 said:

    > Pixelheart's entry looks nothing like inferno fox from Riders Of Icarus though...(Hers looks waaay better imo) The tails and body don't match up at all. honestly if anything it looks somewhat similar to the evolved Kowlin, dizzy or the Void panther (My favorite mount!).. and even then It's veeery different.
    > Honestly at this point I feel like everyone is trying to bring Pixelheart's entry down because her entry is one of the best legit entries there is.
    > So sad that people have to act that way :/

    The only sad thing is that you try to defend the undefendable.It`s obvious that the mount is a 100% stolen idea,and yes it looks totally recognizable altho it`s re-drawn in different style to cover the origin.Noone is trying to bring pixelheart`s entry down,people here just stated the obvious,as they did with many other stolen mounts.And your desperate tries to defend it make you sound ridiculous.

    Look, The only reason I'm defending her design is because I don't believe it's copied from that game. Just because it's a fox and partly on fire doesn't make it copied or stolen.. The design is completely different to the fox in the other game! The inferno fox just looks like a fox with some fire and tags on it lol. Pixelheart's Vixen looks like molten lava with the tails actually made from fire. Completely different concept with a similar taste.
    Also I really dislike people spitting on other people's art they've probably taken hours and hours to design and draw. It's just rude and distasteful.

    But anyways it seems pwi could absolutely care less regardless about the copyrighted stuff seeing as there are stolen zero effort entries on the polls.
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    lindawoman wrote: »
    Love how they say they gonna look at stolen content and dont even look at this site.

    SweeTTOoth - Twilight Temple (32b) -> Ripoff and has been proven in this exact post.
    Prespire/Duckblades - Twilight Temple (34a) -> just added a hat to a stolen pciture, also proven in this post.
    MrFisty - Tideswell (43b) -> PWI come on... its your own designed.. wb and tt-boss... hornska lord... SERIOUSLY??
    Zantetsukken - Etherblade (29b) -> kuro from blue exorcist combined with the cat from sailor moon...

    MrFisty here.
    I agree that a lot of the submissions have copyrighted material. I chose to take something from within the game we are playing. Most people should recognize the boss from TT. The theme was create a mount that embodies a decade of perfect world. Why not use PWI for inspiration.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    spotty281 wrote: »
    zelenizel wrote: »
    > @spotty281 said:

    > Pixelheart's entry looks nothing like inferno fox from Riders Of Icarus though...(Hers looks waaay better imo) The tails and body don't match up at all. honestly if anything it looks somewhat similar to the evolved Kowlin, dizzy or the Void panther (My favorite mount!).. and even then It's veeery different.
    > Honestly at this point I feel like everyone is trying to bring Pixelheart's entry down because her entry is one of the best legit entries there is.
    > So sad that people have to act that way :/

    The only sad thing is that you try to defend the undefendable.It`s obvious that the mount is a 100% stolen idea,and yes it looks totally recognizable altho it`s re-drawn in different style to cover the origin.Noone is trying to bring pixelheart`s entry down,people here just stated the obvious,as they did with many other stolen mounts.And your desperate tries to defend it make you sound ridiculous.

    Look, The only reason I'm defending her design is because I don't believe it's copied from that game. Just because it's a fox and partly on fire doesn't make it copied or stolen.. The design is completely different to the fox in the other game! The inferno fox just looks like a fox with some fire and tags on it lol. Pixelheart's Vixen looks like molten lava with the tails actually made from fire. Completely different concept with a similar taste.
    Also I really dislike people spitting on other people's art they've probably taken hours and hours to design and draw. It's just rude and distasteful.

    But anyways it seems pwi could absolutely care less regardless about the copyrighted stuff seeing as there are stolen zero effort entries on the polls.
    Well, if you needed any further proof that PWE doesn't care.....


    Playing devil's advocate here, imagine the rage on the forum if they actually had filtered the flagrant plagiarism.

    I mean really, you guys would have blown up either way. At least this way you know PWE doesn't give a **** about contests either. (though technically, we already new that for a while now.)​​
  • amo0olllh
    amo0olllh Posts: 19 Arc User
    why u forget add my art


    name :Amooolh
    server: Tideswell



    https://imgur.com/a/62xlw
  • vcanime15
    vcanime15 Posts: 11 Arc User
    @heero200

    You guys should really look carefully cause so many entries are missing in the voting. Did you only do only half or are you guys a separate voting for the rest. Im sure others are asking the same thing so something would be good.
  • heero200
    heero200 🇭elper 🇪xtraordinary 🐲💯 Posts: 4,471 Community Moderator
    vcanime15 wrote: »
    @heero200

    You guys should really look carefully cause so many entries are missing in the voting. Did you only do only half or are you guys a separate voting for the rest. Im sure others are asking the same thing so something would be good.

    Im sorry I did not have anything to do with the 10th Anni contest.

    Their will be more than one voting session because of the amount of entries tho. That I can say for sure.

    Thanks.​​
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    My Mount did not make it to the bracket. Hopefully they are added 2nd around. The voting system is a little laggy for me.

    What stuck out to me is, a lot of the mounts are... unreasonable. If they were added to game they would simply just be too big/tall/fat/resource intensive.
    m5arXCN.png
  • ronnie4boys
    ronnie4boys Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'd like to know what happened to the whole following the rules?

    1) Works were still entered that were not original works

    I thought they were all good ideas for mounts
    * but they were not created by the user only copied offline or off other games <<<< really not fair

    ? what is the use of some peoples hard work and following the rules if suddenly there are no rules?

    I understand not everyone is an artist but there are ways around copying, you change it and make it an original work
    not just Use Someone else's hard work as your idea of an entry

    Then the Rules need to be different.
    PWI
    Rules
    * All designs must be original works
    - All designs must be appropriate for a general audience
    - You may only submit (1) design – if you plan on editing your design, you must do so before the design phase end date. Any design you posted that is the most recent one, unless otherwise stated by the user, will be used in the face offs.
    - Any visual medium is acceptable!
    - Please be sure to include your Character Name and Server with your entry. This will ensure that you will receive any prizing that you may qualify for.
    - Voting Face off will be ran in short bursts of time depending on how many entries are received to ensure that a final 4 pairing is reached by 03/31/2018. Please be sure to keep up to date so you don’t miss out on voting your favorites to advance!
    - The winning mount will enter the game during this years’ Anniversary in an upcoming update!
    JhXqBpv.jpg





  • lonetedeman
    lonetedeman Posts: 12 Arc User
    GMS at my original design : lame. not getting to voting
    GMs when someone posts stolen content: "stay right where you are"
  • skyte325
    skyte325 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Don't forget the theme. Only a handful actually tried to represent 10 years of perfect world.
  • swimtoo
    swimtoo Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    And now the votes on a few of the polls flipped from 70%-30% to 30%-70% in the last few hours of the competition.... Proxy voting much? I guess that the proxy voters must really want a few to win and are willing to mess up the actual process... What a joke, PWI. Why host a vote through a third party instead of on your forums (Like you have done before) so that it's not rigged... Again... What a joke. Nobody vote on these brackets, your votes won't be reflected anyway.
  • xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User
    Yeah this happened before with voting like this too. Feel like my 1 vote won't do much of a difference to the ppl I vote for >.<
    vFDFy6t.gif
  • heavenlyawsome
    heavenlyawsome Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    can someone from PWI help me they put the wrong name on my entry in the mount competition i am in !a and i made the picture of the horse not this intentionality person pleas PWI Fix the name id like my name on my own work its Star_FireX
    2ikr5go.jpg <
    PLEAS FIX
  • fyara
    fyara Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hello every1, is it too late to bring in this idea of mount ? i would love to see it happen.. what do u think ?

    MOUNT.jpg