Time Zone (EU) ALL SERVERS! [Maintenance Discussion] 03/25/18 - complete

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please remember to keep checking for updates.
**Official Info HERE!

March 25th – EU DST + ALL Servers Down
Start – Sun, 02:00 EU Time / Sat, 18:00 PDT / Sat, 21:00 EDT
Daylight Savings Time maintenance for EU servers will be on March 25th.
This process should take about 2 hours during which time you will be unable to access the servers.
Special Note: To ensure Arigora entry will not be impacted, the March 25th maintenance will occur for ALL servers – however, East and West Coast servers will have approximately 1 hour of downtime, while EU will have 2 hours.

Quick Warning Some Possible Time Zone Changes overnight may affect the servers. Please be prepared for this if it does happen. ( All Servers See Info above ) This will most likely happen before 1am as the servers have to be off-line when the time change happens or they will mess up. (This is based using info from previous time changes) Please allow a fair time before the servers come back on-line.

**ALSO Please check your XNW/XTW times if your out of EU time Zone. They should revert to normal after this change.

current.png
For Server Status Click Here. Server Status Provided By @nrglg.

Euro Servers - Dawnglory / Cross Server
For Time Zone Changes Click Here. / For Time Zones - Click Here.

Today's Question.
What was your Favorite Event/Ride in Wonderland and how does it stand to the real thing.

Thanks,

Heero.​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    current.png
    ​​
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    None, I can't say I like this update. I gave it a go for like a day.

Also, rip marriage quest. Totally was knee deep in tw and didn't get a chance. Dx
  • mintcocoa
    mintcocoa Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just wow. We on archo server have tw in an hour..... twiddles thumbs....
    Clicks heels three times... theres no place like home! Server still down O.O. No love for us!
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Stop complaining its about time they did something to fix any problems, if only a few. To shut down all servers must be significant. Have to say I have been playing since 2010, and I can't remember PWI closing down "all" servers at same time for repairs. TW will always be there, and if you missed it so did the other players you were fighting. So...its gonna be ok guys. Peace out.
  • irmoose
    Peace out, girl scout.
  • gefecht
    gefecht Posts: 8 Arc User
    can you tell us why EU server not shut down for americas Daylight savings time then we have to shut down during theirs?
    seems a little dumb
  • sainthaye
    sainthaye Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm sexy
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Your sexy and you know it? lol
  • irmoose
    @gefecht From what I read, it was to avoid issues with the Arigora arena.
  • bestcintiasguy
    bestcintiasguy Posts: 13 Arc User
    Say your opposing TW fac has a way to contact members the second server is up all they need is min between soul degen and edged blur for crystal to be gone not really fair. If not trying to connect every 5 minutes you could easily lose land
  • stealraine81
    stealraine81 Posts: 17 Arc User
    dls is **** anyways, keep it on one time system. i dont know anyone that likes the time change in eather direction.
  • fyresong
    fyresong Posts: 11 Arc User
    So clearly, PW cares more about Arigora than it does about TW. Our TW was to start approximately 5 minutes ago, but the server is still down. wtsf. And in the announcement it was stated that the East and West coast servers would be down to make sure Arigora was fair and ran fine. Good job PW, good job.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    @fyresong its not like they care about arigora, but more your character and the connection between the servers; going there could cause damage to your character. If I remember correctly when cross server first came out they had some issues during testing phase where their test characters got completely deleted. Some of this were fixed by setting cross on EU time and looking into the timeslots. Shutting down all servers really is more safe.
  • bestcintiasguy
    bestcintiasguy Posts: 13 Arc User
    Exactly Tw lasts 2 hours so the fac with quickest logins wins lol... wow how FAIR
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    :) thanks for ruining our tw GMs, only days i play i cant login, back to FF XIV i guess :p

• banknoname
    banknoname Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    They didn't spawn in some npcs after the maint on Tideswell. We are missing the Iceshard Coin npcs and Twilight Survivor event npc. Probably other ones missing too.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I mean..what the actual eff is going on here? There have been dozens of reports of the Maint killing of Chivalry and Loyalty points of the week in the fac base, disabling HS Key quests for the day and several other issues when the DS Maint was being done for NA. How surprising that no one gave a **** and the same maint WITH THE EXACT SAME MISTAKES happens for EU as well.

Sorry, not sorry, but that is just lazy and stupid. Do it once, ok, can happen. Do it twice and it's on purpose! I don't even...

Shaking my head til it falls off! SERIOUSLY! NEW LOWS.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Joe, they don't care anymore. Its time to understand that.
  • heerohex#3018
    All done drop any issues in here.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    It's a 12+ year old system.

If it's not shutdown the database will look like a code even a super computer can't break. Failing that n the clocks go back your data will be over written and become crupt.

From what kalyst has said this is a known problem with this type of maint. Also it shows the possible damage if they are not shutdown.

Thanks.
  • rieihdius
    No XNW npc inside cross server :D:D

• heerohex#3018
    rieihdius wrote: »
    No XNW npc inside cross server :D:D

Is this affecting everyone?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    It finally showed up an hour late. Sadly though, the NW map is completely ****ed.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rieihdius
    edited March 2018
    yeah, what happen after npc showed up is that everyone got stuck on the map while moving. If you dc and reconect, it will show your cross server character on the list instead of your normal one. After reconec you will spawn between maps with no npcs and everyone can kill you. If the map is like grid you are between each segment of said grid. Also town portal skill or tele incense will not help you.

• heerohex#3018
    rieihdius wrote: »
    yeah, what happen after npc showed up is that everyone got stuck on the map while moving. If you dc and reconect, it will show your cross server character on the list instead of your normal one. After reconec you will spawn between maps with no npcs and everyone can kill you. If the map is like grid you are between each segment of said grid. Also town portal skill or tele incense will not help you.

KK ill get a note posted in a min and raise this with Kalyst along with a few other thing.

Something for them to look into. Tho dont expect a response.

Normally Im on for XNW but had to sadly work tonight, Evey one got 0 Tokens from what im hearing.

Thanks.​​
  • teitei#3165
    teitei#3165 Posts: 18 Arc User
    Only me care about points of base reset?
  • heerohex#3018
    edited March 2018
    It was only EU server that was affected by this, (Well this time) a few weeks ago it was only US Servers.

Its a one off I hope due to the Time Zone changes... Well till next time...

Thanks.​​