Looking for some honest answers here from the community

Options
shag1991
shag1991 Posts: 31 Arc User
Is it possible to reach r999 as an f2p player(strictly f2p, especially now with arc quest dead) and if yes please state what approach you would take. My reason for asking is simply the fact that i have already gotten everything else which don't involve OP gear. max passives, morai card set( got really lucky with tha), meridian, pretty much all my neverfall skills. So far the main suggestion i got is buy gold cheap in ah and sell but the market their is so competitive that the many times ive tried i get nothing. Im open to all suggestions.

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    It's possible.

But with no spend you need time. Time to do Bh each day. Run other caves. Attend NW. Farm something. Run WS for badges molds. Manage shop.

Time is a big factor. With gst you can gather chips over time. Mog is a different story. Still yes it's possible but I won't lie it was easier in the past.

Thanks.
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    I hate to say it but... You'd probably have to run some cat shops.

If you sell your FS coins, lvl 4 glyphs, UPD mat ur looking at a little money each day. U could also try to use your homstead to farm some. At the end of the day you'd be better off getting a minimum wage job and buying.

That said if you are enjoying the game and your fellow players, then have fun. No one is really supposed to have end game gear. For example, say your a blademaster, do you really need a rank 9 wep to be an effective? Say your a veno, if you don't have rank 9 and just have rank 8 defense level wep, can you still be super great at your role? Only classes whose role is "damamge and killing" and not utility require the rank 9rrrrrrr. Clerics don't need attack lvls to heal, and rank 9 magic attack isn't much better than other stuff.

Good luck and have fun.
    m5arXCN.png
  • shag1991
    shag1991 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    @prancing tbh i dont cosider myself f2p by choice. The thing is ive always said pwi only cater to America and this is why. I'm Jamaican, minimum wage here is like $6200 weekly, based on the conversion rate that would be around $50USD, so lets say an Jamaican work $200USD per month. I on the other hand work like $550 USD monthly. The problem is that my wage is a 3rd world country cant do anything and it would be really dumb for me to charge gold with such a low income. So this is why im asking. Is it possible for an f2p player that still works a 40hr week, so they dont have a lot of time to play to go r9. This is my current setup i recent rb2 my locen though https://mypers.pw/13/#696067 . Good thing i chose a bm, since most squads still accept me though im nv3.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options
    shag1991 wrote: »
    @prancing tbh i dont cosider myself f2p by choice. The thing is ive always said pwi only cater to America and this is why. I'm Jamaican, minimum wage here is like $6200 weekly, based on the conversion rate that would be around $50USD, so lets say an Jamaican work $200USD per month. I on the other hand work like $550 USD monthly. The problem is that my wage is a 3rd world country cant do anything and it would be really dumb for me to charge gold with such a low income. So this is why im asking. Is it possible for an f2p player that still works a 40hr week, so they dont have a lot of time to play to go r9. This is my current setup i recent rb2 my locen though https://mypers.pw/13/#696067 . Good thing i chose a bm, since most squads still accept me though im nv3.

In my opinion it is not impossible, but is not worth it. This game, as many other ftp titles out there went in to path in which you either cash a lot or play a lot in order to achieve something like r9.

One of the problems in getting r9 as a ftp player nowadays is that is way more expensive than years ago due gold prices. When I got r9, gold was 1 mill per piece aprox., and there was plenty of ways to make money as ftp player.
    Nowadays gold is 6M+ each, and most of the ways to make money as ftp player are aimed to end game people. I guess the good thing in your case is that since you are a blademaster, you have more chances to join some of the end game dungeon as support class, same thing can be said about venos and clerics.

If we look to the cash shop side now, at least only getting r9 is not harder than before for a casher, this due the fact that the price of rank 9 in gold is pretty much the same. I would even dare to say that for a casher is easier now. Since now pwe do a lot of charge and spend rewards, this means that big spender get free stuff while spending or charging money on pwi.

My advice would be:
    If you really wanna try to get r9 as ftp but you don't have much free time: Become a merchant in game. First search what makes good money in your server, and then try to target that market.
    Only problems with being a merchant are that you usually need a base capital to start, you also need to understand your server economy and a good internet connection (so it don't dc your shop every five minutes) unless you use a commission shop.

The last thing you need is a lot of patience since being a merchant can be slow sometimes depending on what you are selling, especially when you just started.

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly as long as you have enough alts that abused Rb2 stones when they gave them out, 2 on each account or so... Reach mirage sky 1 with them and spam the never fall daily to make a Accoustic media, it’s an extra 1bill a month or so depending on the number of toons you have and since it’s all non gear based daily you can do it on alts with no gear...

Each media sells for 50-75mill depending on server you are on...

Another good thing is to join a major faction on your server that actively does trials you can sell a soul fourge temper each week or 2 for an easy 75mill each.
    Unfortunately with the current meta it’s nearly impossible to stay free to play to get R9 with only 1 toon but, I’d rather tell you that so u know.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    The short answer is that yes, it is possible to get R9 gear with decent refines/shards and the like as F2P. However, it is significantly harder to get compared to years ago. With every new expansion, farming seems to get nerfed with the exception of the newer endgame instances/content but even those are affected sometimes (e.g. they removed the Glyph exchange option from Neverfall badges).

Most R9 and endgame players that are still F2P or mostly F2P at this point are players that have been playing for years and were here to take advantage of the farming options that existed in the past. Farmers switched to merchanting using the wealth they acquired through farming back then.

You are lucky that you are a Blademaster as it's a class that's accepted even in endgame instances despite having G16 Nirvana gear. If you are not interested in competitive PvP, you're fine the way you are as long as you know how to stay alive and know how to do your job in squads. You could focus on refining your armor higher, getting better ornaments, maybe some sockets and shards for them too etc. You could also consider farming a Warsoul weapon, which seems to be a popular choice for players that stay in Nirvana armor, so I assume it's not hard to farm.

Of course you can still PvP in Nirvana gear, and be useful if you play smart. You're just going to get overpowered a lot due to the gear gap. If you're mostly interested in PvE, then you really don't need R9 and you can focus on improving what you already have.
    ​​
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    Options
    @shag1991 why would you even bother lol. as people have said for the last month or so . its not worth it to play pwi anymore. but if you can be satisfied playing with meh gears getting pk'ed and killed with no interaction between you and the killer you can choose to do so. we won't prevent you from playing. gl though... but you need more than goodluck to do so. well people say
    Acoustic Media Farming is not efficient ....50% then after than 20% .... basically if you fail you lose 50% of what you got.... just on the first one.... and if you aim for knight badge you lose 80% of value when you lose...if you can deal with those FUNNY CHANCES do so..
    btw in my experience ... i dont think bm atklvl or def level build can kill full atklevel sins,dusk,sb. 99% of the time full devil stones reap everything apart. .. well enjoy playing the game.... i don't and prolly majority of old people as well. but enjoy.