HOW TO END MY PWI DEPENDENCE

bosk
bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
This latest update is disgusting.

- Bases locked, Merit gone, YEARS of effort (for Base Helm and other items) lost
- - My faction had a few people with more than 1 million merit: that accomplishment is now gone
- Cube Cogs bound
- Squire Badges useless
- - The MODEST method of gaining Glyphs through daily quest: GONE
- Missing NPCs for new quests (seriously?)
- And nothing useful that I can see (but maybe that is because I cannot get into my faction's base any more)

Something I do every day, even if I don't have time to play, is log in long enough to do my check-ins for my main toon and most of my alts. This, I feel, has bound me to this game for a few years now, yet even this is broken, as the reward has two pieces that instantly expire and has not been fixed for two years.

So, to break this dependency, I am going to stay off this game for at least a week.

After the next week's update I will look to see if any of these issues are being addressed, but my daughter and girlfriend, who have both played this game for more than 9 years, are already investigating other games and I think the damage has been done.

This is not a "rage quit", it is just an acknowledgement that this latest change was BAD, and this is a step to prepare to make the move to somewhere else. I will hate to go elsewhere, but this game is rapidly losing its fun.

Peace and Cheers!

Comments

• irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    LordBosk??
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    im already disappointed. about everything in this update..can't say anything to add to this.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Enjoy your freedom!

There are many other MMO Sandbox games that are wayyyyyy cheaper and even more enjoyable/balanced. You won't be stuck for choice.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    i'm actually surprise no ones come in to assure us they looking for a solution but id probably think id get lynch walking in here mainly because anything at this point will be facing an angry mob of customers i don't blame them for being scared
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Remember the scene from Conan, when his master (who had been drinking heavily) breaks his chains and sets him free?
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    bye and get a life finally
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    bosk wrote: »
    This latest update is disgusting.

- Bases locked, Merit gone, YEARS of effort (for Base Helm and other items) lost
    - - My faction had a few people with more than 1 million merit: that accomplishment is now gone
    - Cube Cogs bound
    - Squire Badges useless
    - And nothing useful that I can see (but maybe that is because I cannot get into my faction's base any more)

Something I do every day, even if I don't have time to play, is log in long enough to do my check-ins for my main toon and most of my alts. This, I feel, has bound me to this game for a few years now, yet even this is broken, as the reward has two pieces that instantly expire and has not been fixed for two years.

So, to break this dependency, I am going to stay off this game for at least a week.

After the next week's update I will look to see if any of these issues are being addressed, but my daughter and girlfriend, who have both played this game for more than 9 years, are already investigating other games and I think the damage has been done.

This is not a "rage quit", it is just an acknowledgement that this latest change was BAD, and this is a step to prepare to make the move to somewhere else. I will hate to go elsewhere, but this game is rapidly losing its fun.

Peace and Cheers!

Reasons to stay

1 Habit. I too have been doing daily attendance and not much else except Swords to Plowshares daily for a while now. With the daily no longer bringing in cash, well rethinking is on the cards (got a couple of android games that are beginning to take up time anyway).

2 Still like the look of most of my toons (the ones I altered way back when I still had an interest in changing from stock toons)

3 Spent SOME real money over the years (some that I wouldn't miss, however).

4 Um... I cant think of a fourth atm.

Reasons to leave

1) None of my family play any more.

2) Pay to Play vs Free To Play gap has too large a power gap, and it is only increasing with each new expansion.

3) My second set of R9 armor is only half done, and at over 10m coin per GST, I am feeling that It will never be done.

4) Only have 1 long term friend still playing.

5) I am finding it hard to keep interested in logging on for attendance every day. I used to be logging in for attendance just after reset, now it tends to be around the time lucidsilver is active.

6) I cannot do the high end dungeons, DH and UP even with my main (lvl 103/103/103 rrr9, refines: weapon +10, Armor +5 but not sharded), and Commander Haspon's horses just make me waste the cleric's time reviving me.

7) Further to point 2, it is so disheartening in NW to attack 5 times and see 200-500 damage, then get hit once for 35000 in return.

These latest changes might actually be enough to force me to leave.

Kudos to the design team, they certainly know when to make changes.

They removed hypers from fc about a month after my main was able to solo it.

They cut the value of morai drops about a week after main was able to successfully autocultivate the area.

They returned Hypers to FC long after it was useful for leveling my main.

In fact, whenever my main gets to the stage where she can do something new, shortly afterward, that is changed to make it more difficult (decide, justice modes introduced), values nerfed (morai drops going from 8000 - 12000 each to 500-600 each at the npcs) or just simply removed (like the dungeon that was near Cromagnon Village).

Anyway enough griping. Have to go shopping. Will be considering if the 3 points for staying outweigh the 7 points for not.
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    bosk wrote: »
    - Cube Cogs bound
    - Squire Badges useless

Okay, since you can not enter faction base here a small heads up: all faction bases are basically maxed by day 1 now. That means you can buy faction potions, arrows, heck even +12 vit stones and base helm with a new faction. You dont have to waste your precious time to level it up for YEARS anymore. You dont have to ask around which faction has base helm just to join it for half a year, farm helm and leave afterwards. You can just join ANY fac and get you sht done. If thats not useful then i dont know what....

Besides that the price of base helm is cut by 50%. The price is 250m instead of 490m now. You still need 6 months assuming you do fsp/up/dh with 1 faction member every day. Is that useful?

Thats another point...noone ever cared about base quests like seriously...i was in several active factions over the past years. Only the most loyal members did them and not because they needed the points, they only did it because it was part of their daily routine or they wanted to level up the base. The rest had mostly 0 merit even members which were in faction since months or years. Sure, they dont need the faction stuff but they were not a help for the faction as well. But now? They help the faction if they want it or not because most of them do fsp/up or dh every day and the chance that at least 1 faction member is in squad isnt that low anyway. Is that useful?

About the 1 million merit of your fac members. Thats sad. Really. But seriously...if they had 1 million merit and never used it then they wont use it any time soon anyway. Heck they wouldnt use it at all most likely.

Squire Badges are useless? Why? Not everyone is running around with maxed out chars. Some people here actually need Primal/Barb blood, the titles or even ring engraves.

The only real way to obtain Glyphs ingame should have been farming DH anyway. Its a shame that they add for everything a way to cash it. Looking at Lucky Coin exchange and Charge/Spend rewards <.< .

About the missing NPCs...which NPCs <- plural. I saw only 1 missing NPC so far and thats the npc for the theme park which isnt released yet as far as iam aware. I might be wrong here but thats how it looks like so far.

Cube Cogs are bound. Yup, thats a real bummer at least for someone who used it to farm necklaces but seriously...who does? The money you need to farm a Cog or even the full necklace is higher than just buying Cogs / Necklaces from catshops... Farming Cogs wasnt a way to make money since ages as well.

• bosk
    I was told the new base requires 200 million in coins to create (at least) but I have no idea how to even check that.

Given that the new factions are maxed in a day, why not just convert existing factions into the new factions? There are a lot of factions where the population is just not strong enough to score 1000 loyalty points in a week to open the base.

Merit is the total earned over the lifetime of the faction base. The Contribution they had remaining might have been any value, as they were likely spending it on items. I know my merit was over 800k, but I probably had less than 100k left after buying all the things I bought in the base over the years.

The 6 month requirement is annoying, as the people going for the helm already had the merit (or a significant portion of it) and were basically saving up the 490 million. Cutting the cost in half is nice, but tossing months / years of effort in the process is basically just wrong.

AND not everyone who was working on the helm or other base items has the ability to do FSP, UP or DH every day, especially when most squads demand OP characters only because they want to nuke the instance. I have seen non-nuke squads give up trying to get a squad together because after an hour of trying they were not even able to get 6 people in a squad.

Perhaps I should have explained the "Squire Badges useless" comment in that I mean the ones I have saved up are useless to me now. I have the title, I do not need any blood and I have engraved rings, although I perhaps could try to improve those. But I was saving up the Squire Badges because I was perhaps going to try the exams to make the higher level badges or just convert them to a bunch of small glyphs. But as has happened so many times, there was no warning about this happening so my 200 badges are practically useless now.

Since I have hundreds of lucky coins, I could use those and convert them to glyphs, so that addition is not a bad thing per se, although I kind of agree with you that Glyphs should be hard to get. I think the Haspon fight every week is a reasonable challenge for getting 6 level 2 Glyphs.

My g/f said she looked for more than one NPC that she could not find for the new quests. It could be that one or more is in the base, since we cannot get in there. Also, some of the autopaths do not work, but the NPC exists, just in a different place.

As for Cogs, it is not so much about making money, although I know some people still do, but rather about helping others or getting help to farm the cogs. To get my G14 necklace about 20 people in my faction all ran the Cube to get the cogs I needed. (It was an unexpected bit of generosity as I find the cube extremely difficult because of my colorblindness.) To get my G16 however, I need to now do 240 more Cube runs and no one can help. Nor is it possible for me to help anyone else.

And how are you supposed to buy them now? Any new cogs are bound. Which means a person who wants to get a G16 necklace needs to run the Cube once per day for 9 months. If you spend the extra coins, you can get two per day, but that is still expensive. I am sure there is some other way to get it by purchasing packs or the like, but the grinding way now requires 9 months and there is NOTHING anyone else can do to help reduce that.

I am certain that this update is good for big strong factions and it seems that that is the goal, to force serious players into the larger guilds. But that also means that the smaller guilds or those guilds that cater to people who are just casual are being seriously griefed by this update. Factions offer some players a sense of community that does not lend itself to just skipping from one faction to the next. I know a lot of players jump around, and that's fine, but I have had only one faction the entire time I have been on PWI and have no desire to change.

The fact that billions of coins and millions of merit from years of effort was just wiped out without any consideration for how that would affect a large number of players just feels like the last straw after so many similar moves by PWI. Hopefully PWI will come to their senses and eliminate the 1000 point entry requirement or at least drop it to something anyone can do. For example, why not make EVERY BH run count points towards the opening so EVERYONE can contribute, not just OP players.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers!
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    Well. For me it was the proverbial straw. Lots of reasons but I'm going to take a break... not sure if I even will come back.
    This new update will:
    - Ensure new players won't have access to the base perks. And therefor won't learn the trials.
    - Gravitate strong players to one or two factions per server. Rest become alt factions.

No point in staying unless you're in one of the alpha factions. I'm done grinding. Glad I never spent on this game. It -was- fun.
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    I'm done too. This game took a lot of time and money and .. yea, some of my heart too.. but this is the last straw for me too.

This isn't a game anymore.. its a job.

You can have it. I'm done.
  • bosk
    Thanks for all the comments.

I stayed off for a week and broke my insatiable OCD-like need to check in all my toons every day. I wont be getting the annual reward this year, so no need to worry about being on the game or not every day. I already feel lighter *smile*.

My faction theoretically has enough active players to open our base, but it will take everyone being online every day for a week to get the points. Pretty unrealistic to expect that to happen, but we are going to give it a shot.

FYI: As far as I can tell, each toon in a faction can get 10 Loyalty Points per day (maximum). This means a maximum of 70 Loyalty Points per week per toon. The "easiest" way to get the 10 points is to kill Mushi in Flowsilver Palace. This must be done with at least one other person in the squad from your faction or you get no Loyalty Points.

**IF** you can get 8 to 10 players all from the faction into a single squad and kill Bella in FSP three (3) times in one week, then you can get a bonus of 300 points.

So, in theory, 10 faction mates can open the base if at least 8 of them (with the help of up to 2 non-faction ringers) are able to finish FSP in Judgement mode 3 times. [10 x 70 + 300 bonus = 1000]

**It is also possible to solve this problem with 8 OP people, getting additional bonuses of up to 300 Loyalty Points total, but it cannot be done with fewer than 8.**

Even if we get the base open, I still think this should be changed. Either lower the required loyalty points or create more ways to achieve them. A Player should not have to be RB 1+, Level 100+, Arcane Sky I+ before they can generate Faction Loyalty Points. Every member of a faction should be able to contribute.

Cheers!
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    well, now you can't multi-client, so alot of consideration for helping smaller factions just went out the window.
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    hahahaha.. well i stopped logging into the game... gz to everyone still playing... you technically got the game for yourself.
  • xylonis
    xylonis Posts: 4 Arc User
    I haven't really played for 1-2 years.. occasional log in to talk to friends still playing and to see what was up. Gave away all my droppable items from my main and alts,deleted all my characters and uninstalled. Hard to do with 9 year old characters, but it felt great to do! :)
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    lol, pwi dependence.... just found it by making my blademaster full dex :)
    I'm cool with it; already had a full mag blademaster :o

Love to play PWI in 'drunkmode' lol
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    xylonis wrote: »
    I haven't really played for 1-2 years.. occasional log in to talk to friends still playing and to see what was up. Gave away all my droppable items from my main and alts,deleted all my characters and uninstalled. Hard to do with 9 year old characters, but it felt great to do! :)

i will do the same within few days.
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    Well I just stumbled upon this thread...It is now March 14th 2018 and nothing changed, and more has occured to faction bases that managed to reopened when this first started, got shut out again last week due to daylight savings becasue PWI didn't inform factions, this would happen. So many left game and its hard to find squads to do BH at reset and at time regular quest runs also (due to people leaving). Worst thing is noone responded to players cries for real help about these issues on this Forum. Took over a month to get any response at all and it was vauge and no answers thus far. I have played since PWI started, and now it's so depressing, and upsetting reading about people not getting the answers. Like why they stopped duel clienting so we can have th 1 extra player online at same time for a catshop and why won't they tell us what or who is this "mysterious culprit" attacking us (resulting in less catshops =less items to sell and being sold so high (cannot believe the price gouging) if you can find the item(s) and why they are not fixing or will fix the npcs, quests, ARC ect. This is not fun anymore and I am also quiting the game. I will be better off and can "smile more just like bosk". Already cut back to every few days, then come back after a reset and no relief to this mess. I heard that prolong periods of, "being in limbo, or experiencing unresolved issues" can casue depression. For now I need a break, stop looking for the answers on this FORUM and find some real life people to have fun and talk to..go movie, the fair, eat out with friends, walk in nature have a drive planned to go to ocean! You all remember real life right?
    Good Luck, take care your self and remember every moment you spend on this forum or the game, is taking away precious minutes of your real life time. You cannot get time back..Tick Tock! Byes.
  • oxyma
    oxyma Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I was dependent to this game long time ago (and i regret it) but now, i dont even care about this game, you should do the same, PWI is a very old game about to close!
    Start playing a serious game with serious devs and cool community like Neverwinter.
    Also, i can't log into my account (PWI) anyone know why? :D
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    Reasons to stay and for what is starting to sound like "Beating a Dead horse" to run.
    Also, what the point on a game to have fun and play the game, if all you do is work for the points ect? Taking up so much game time? Go figure.
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Great points teabagg and well said. I believe you are correct especially about herding us into the cash box! Taking everything away from us to make coins to play the game. All the ways I found to sale in catshops have been taken away from me. I am not happy. Why I am leaving also. And happy to do so. And, what is fun about doing the same bh's over and over to keep your faction open anyway?
  • darkfalconknight
    darkfalconknight Posts: 13 Arc User
    I ended up quitting this game like last year cause for one, rl became a priority and second is that i found another game that was alot more challenging and fun more than this piece of junk of a game has been for the last 4 yrs now and counting. I did get my main toon their r9s3 but could only refine it to +5 armor and +10 weapon. Plus shard it with the citrine gems that were a freebie from that daily monkey timer quest from ages back. So yeah, if you guys dont see it now than you are all losers for sticking around a game that doesnt give squat about their PR or their game. Plus the game im on now fixes the game on a regular basis. Plus the skills are cool, storyline is good even though its somewhat the same but it splits off at a certain lvl between three orders. The crafting on it is alot easier, plus lvling it doesnt take much. The pvp on it can be a pain but its geared towards group play on most ends, but can still do solo on it. So yea kudos to those who stick around a dump like this one.
  • lapurps88
    lapurps88 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I love all you people complaining about a game that is ten fold easier than when it was first released when you actually had to "grind" lol.... havent logged in so many years - but this shish is funny :)
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    lapurps88 wrote: »
    I love all you people complaining about a game that is ten fold easier than when it was first released when you actually had to "grind" lol.... havent logged in so many years - but this shish is funny :)

If you haven't logged in years how do you know its ten fold easier than when you left?
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Just take a break from the game, and slowly add new things to do or try in real life. Gradually exhange the time you spent ingame on new or left behind people, place and things in rl. Until you cut yourself FREE! I did this and its working. This is how you quit any sort of addiction btw. Also, what you replace it with needs to be healthier than sitting in a chair until your glued to it. I took up going out dancing, started canvas painting again. I am feeling more alive and freedom! Remember you cannot get precious time back! Tick Tock!
  • chilpod
    chilpod Posts: 61 Arc User
    I can never leave PWI but that's for a reason: my brother plays PWI for many hours a day. In the past he wanted help but couldn't get any so I had to install PWI. Now he can solo many things and even help the many alts that need to do a FB. There's only 1 problem: even in the middle of the night he calls me to come online to check his homestead or even buy something in there. :'(

For me PWI is just having a bit of fun. I don't do daily quests and never finished the culti's. I just do what I want and that makes my PWI dependence not a real problem. I miss the old days where people really needed to work to level and gold prices where below 100k at the auctioneer. When I was online yesterday people asked 7.5 mil for 1 gold. Sad.