PWI's ingame advertisement of Account Selling - LOL

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
What the heck?

https://gyazo.com/92673e103132cf9501c239e9dfad4f2e

Bu then they go and ban people...xDDD Seriously, selling and buying accs is part of the CN-Community. It's damn time that we get this feature here and seeing the state the game is in @kalystconquerer#0876 this is the feature we need the most by far. Ignore all bugs and issues and get us the Account-trading feature in our version..that might revitalize the economy and community.

I am personally not affected..but at this point with the ever declining amount of players..why do you ban accounts that have been traded/sold? That only hurts PWI as a whole. Let people trade accounts. Who cares? You won't lose money from this..instead you lose money from people that are quitting and no one using their char. If someone buys a semi-endgame toon it is very likely that they will drop additional cash to max out that char. Starting from scratch is extremely unlikely and no option for most people. Just saying.

(Yes, I need more competition so PLEASE, let people buy accounts to feed my PvP needs :( )

Comments

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    LOL, another localization issue from China. This is allowed in their version.​​
  • eternalrob
    eternalrob Posts: 4 Arc User
    Maybe if you read the "Don´ts" msg, you could understand the irony :)
  • jsxshadow
    LOL, another localization issue from China. This is allowed in their version.​​

Yes, ofc...but why would they even keep it in there...since it kinda asks you to violate the ToS xDD If someone would follow that advise..since it's presented ingame..damn that would be hard to argue if they then went and bought an account and then it gets banned. PWE needs to be more careful with this OR enable the content.
  • hearteg
    hearteg Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Well someone translated it. Perhaps that person should've said something xD
    Its funny. I already heard about this one on the first day when someone in my faction got it as well. We all had a good laugh.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    PWE is also witchhunting accounts being shared or sold, while on the original version of the game not only it's allowed, it is evne endorsed which forum sections, NPCs etch...

guess someone should address this situation directly to PWRD or wanmei?​​
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    And you wonder why China scratches their head and wonders why we have issues with a majority of their updates / changes. A few thousand dollars and several years to create a competitive character from scratch? Who cares how unrealistic it is when you can just buy a new one for a fraction of the cost and minimal work! Why wouldn't you just do that instead?

And yet, over here we have: "Hey, you just bought a new car! Too bad you spent several thousand dollars on aftermarket accessories, making it even nicer than it already was. I'll just have take away the car completely in order to stop you from spending even more money!"

Trololo logic.
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    just commenting in here.... who would actually buy that account when everybody else is jumping the boat? we will prolly be left with 10 people .... competing against each other. hahaha. well gl on that.. but still its fun to comment in here than play the game itself.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    They really accidently translated this? Lmfao!
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    PWI and PW-CN are completely different. Does PW-CN have free to play servers and accounts? No? Then there you go.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    teabagg wrote: »
    whocares..have you all noticed that butt load of mystic third party bots selling to shops at west arch blacksmith lol

No, I haven't
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Ok this is pretty funny.

Thoughts on why China allows account selling and PWI doesn't: in China, you have to jump through a LOT of hoops to make an account. China knooooows who you are! They know your name. They know your birth date. They know where you live, they know your phone number, they know your SIN (their equivalent of it). You need all this information and more to even MAKE an account!

So when, in China, you sell or buy an account... your identity is pretty much verified. And that, I think, is key to understanding why they are OK with trading accounts in PW China but not OK with it here.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• sleeper1#0704
    edited February 2018
    @csquared5 this is not entirely correct. basic account creation requires email + phone number. way past that only needs verified email.
    source:
    https://passport.wanmei.com/reg/

i seriously think china has laws with regards to getting identity thru games which makes things a little tricky. they wont ask for your details outright unless....for something

here is the link for the user agreement.
    http://static.wanmei.com/passport/agreement/003.html

as far as i can read.. account selling/trading of some sort violates their user agreement if you guys have any proof that wanmei allows it feel free to post here... better if a link to their chinese forums
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Ok this is pretty funny.

Thoughts on why China allows account selling and PWI doesn't: in China, you have to jump through a LOT of hoops to make an account. China knooooows who you are! They know your name. They know your birth date. They know where you live, they know your phone number, they know your SIN (their equivalent of it). You need all this information and more to even MAKE an account!

So when, in China, you sell or buy an account... your identity is pretty much verified. And that, I think, is key to understanding why they are OK with trading accounts in PW China but not OK with it here.

yea right and then i have an account on PWCH with fake SIN fake address and fake Chinese phone number
    https://code-complete.com/chinaid/

@sleeper1#0704 they have an npc and a forum section for it go look for it, not only u can sell accounts but also items for real money​​
  • yoabu#2667
    yoabu#2667 Posts: 50 Arc User
    I'd say that our ToS - and possibly European/US laws on owning digital content, though I'm no expert on that - are the roadblock here. Nothing about the characters on our account is our property. I cannot recall a situation where it would be legal to sell something you don't own and keep the money.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    jadasia wrote: »
    PWI and PW-CN are completely different. Does PW-CN have free to play servers and accounts? No? Then there you go.
    Actually, you are incorrect. China has two version.
    The Pay-to-Play version was last updated to the Raging Tide expansion.
    The Free to Play version is PW v2.0, which is slightly ahead of the version we are playing now.

Ok this is pretty funny.

That information is only required when signing up for the Pay-to-Play version. For the regular Free-2-Play version you just need your resident id. Which is pretty easy to get. I have two or three of them. I see someone a couple of posts above me provided one of the many sites where you can generate one.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    tabaloul wrote: »
    Ok this is pretty funny.

yea right and then i have an account on PWCH with fake SIN fake address and fake Chinese phone number
    https://code-complete.com/chinaid/

@sleeper1#0704 they have an npc and a forum section for it go look for it, not only u can sell accounts but also items for real money​​

When did you make this account?

PWCH has possibly increased their security since the time when you made your account. I tried a couple months ago to make an account. Fake id was easy. Name np, email address I found a way. But I got stuck on verifying the phone number. If you find a way let me know via forum message, I eventually gave up...from what I observed, it needs to be a real, unique Chinese phone number which receives a text verification code that you then have to submit to register account. I don't have friends in China nor could I find a phone number online that actually originated from mainland China. The text wouldn't send when I used any phone number that wasn't identified as a Chinese phone number.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Really feel like acc Buy/Sell is their best bet to save the game tbh
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Really feel like acc Buy/Sell is their best bet to save the game tbh

It is. @kalystconquerer#0876 If you are still in talks with the CN DEVs then get us this feature above anything else. We do not need another half-baked expansion with useless content (for the most part, fac bse was nice), we need a means to revitalize the community. Account-Trading is the single best way.

If you still think people would rather roll a new char and buy everything from scratch then it would be borderline delusional. There is way too much competition on the MMO market. If I'd lose everything I have now and would need to start from scratch then I "obviously" would be gone for good. Who wouldnt be xD
  • et3rea
    et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
    Tos also say u r allowed to keep 2 accounts online but in theory now, u cant
  • sleeper1#0704
    edited March 2018
    hmmm... it seems people wanna jump the boat now... well kinda too late. i doubt someone will buy your account .
    i dont really wanna waste my time and effort just entering their pretty messed up forums tyvm. but feel free to link them or even better if screenshot it. i tend to not believe in everything people say.... with no physical evidence to support their claims.
  • jsxshadow
    The weird thing is..there is no harm to PWE at all if people trade their accounts. None. Zero. Nada. If they ban or people stop trading accounts then those accounts will just rot there, unused forever. People buying accs might trigger a charge or 2 on that account. But hey, keep banning people until the servers are completely empty. It's just hurting their pockets and the playerbase :D
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I think this has been discussed to the point it can without going to far.

Going to close.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.