10th Anni Mount Competition Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    nunuator wrote: »
    I find it funny that half of the so called original designs are stolen from multiple sites and or private servers....

Yvillis’s car entry already exists on multiple unofficial servers... Props to him for drawing it out though.

There are multiple troll mounts which took no time to design and legitimately photoshop a toon sitting on top of it I mean come on....

“Original aff designers GG pwi”

It's not like PW-CN hasn't blatantly stolen content from private servers before either.
    Chronobike anyone?
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lindawoman
    lindawoman Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    5ecw9i.jpg

While we on the subject of stolen artwork.
    Hello Alistar from leugue of legends?
    800px-Alistar_Splash_2_Old.jpg?version=39e9ae25ce179a3feca36ca101eab74c
  • lindawoman
    Options

Also this one is known as the jersey devil. This picture has been used on many mytalogical pages
    1403057325952696899.png
    822660-3cc68fe303d614c1bafcc4740cc2c4de.jpg

And even at pillow cases
    jersey_devin_pillow_case.jpg?color=White&height=460&width=460&qv=90

• lindawoman
    Options
    I do hope that stolen arwork is being disqualified. The current thread has so many stolen artwork already its kinda sad.
    I find it funny that half of the so called original designs are stolen from multiple sites and or private servers....

Yvillis’s car entry already exists on multiple unofficial servers... Props to him for drawing it out though.

There are multiple troll mounts which took no time to design and legitimately photoshop a toon sitting on top of it I mean come on....

Totoally agree...
    I do hope that stolen arwork is being disqualified. The current thread has so many stolen artwork already its kinda sad.
  • lindawoman
    Options
    ofdgndfjng wrote: »
    death cream truck2hz502e.png

SweeTTOoth-Twilight Temple

And last but not least... Sweettooth ice cream truck stolen from the game Twisted metal...
    Nice try with the name tho :P
    20150603_rocketleague_01_4k.jpg
    6E1BWLH.jpg
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I think taking into consideration copy-pasted images as legit entries would be unfair and disrespectful first of all towards all the people who are not great at drawing, yet they still try to put their ideas on paper and put in some effort to make something original. I understand that contests like these are not for everyone, and some may not be very artistic or skilled to create an original mount, but the fact they still try to draw one makes their effort even more worthy of appreciation. I personally love how creative some people get with their entries whether or not they look perfect, so great job to all the honest entries so far!​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Options
    My entry was honest... and I credited all the original work from the gif it came from.
    Sir Duckinsworth's body is credited to the gif and I am not claiming that as my own... I suck at drawing so it's the best thing I could do.
    It may only be one frame but, at least I took the actual time to edit it unlike some of these players just renaming and posting claiming the design as their own...
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    Options
    Don't believe mine fits in 100% but I had fun making it :) , anyone have a guess the program I used ?
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • ofdgndfjng
    ofdgndfjng Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    lindawoman wrote: »
    ofdgndfjng wrote: »
    death cream truck2hz502e.png

SweeTTOoth-Twilight Temple

And last but not least... Sweettooth ice cream truck stolen from the game Twisted metal...
    Nice try with the name tho :P
    20150603_rocketleague_01_4k.jpg
    6E1BWLH.jpg

im more for the participation reward :P
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    Options
    This is a bit of a tangential post but it would be nice if all mounts had more appropriate sound effects. I don't ride my Wonderland mount at all because goldfish don't gallop. Ridiculous. Bubble sounds would be better.
  • lucasx210
    lucasx210 Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    > @kalystconquerer#0876 said:
    > MOD Note: This thread is only for actual entries. Discussion on the contest is available here.
    >
    > 10th Anniversary Mount Competition
    > A decade of Perfect World, a decade of talent!
    >
    > Did you catch what last year’s Anniversary mount was?
    > Yvilis of Etherblade sever created a stunning mount.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Will you be the next great mount creator?
    >
    > This year, we’d like to open it up to our creative talent in the community and ask you to create a mount that embodies a decade of Perfect World!
    > Start (Design Phase) : 3/7/2018 @ 10 AM PT
    > End (Design Phase) : 3/21/2018 @ 10 AM PT
    >
    >
    > But this won’t be just any ordinary Mount competition! This year, we’re bringing on the March Madness and paring off users creations against others. The mount design that makes it through the voting brackets will become the official 10th Anniversary Mount.
    > Start (Voting Face Off) : 3/22/2018 @ 10 AM PT
    > Final Four Face Off : 3/31/2018 @ 10 AM PT
    > End (Voting Face Off) : TBD
    >
    >
    > Rules
    > 1) All designs must be original works
    > 2) All designs must be appropriate for a general audience
    > 3) You may only submit (1) design – if you plan on editing your design, you must do so before the design phase end date. Any design you posted that is the most recent one, unless otherwise stated by the user, will be used in the face offs.
    > 4) Any visual medium is acceptable!
    > 5) Please be sure to include your Character Name and Server with your entry. This will ensure that you will receive any prizing that you may qualify for.
    > 6) Voting Face off will be ran in short bursts of time depending on how many entries are received to ensure that a final 4 pairing is reached by 3/31/2018. Please be sure to keep up to date so you don’t miss out on voting your favorites to advance!
    > 7) The winning mount will enter the game during this years’ Anniversary in an upcoming update!
    >
    > Prizes
    > The designs that enter the Final Four Bracket will receive the following Prizes –
    >
    > 1st Place – A free copy of the mount you designed, $100 free Zen
    > 2nd Place – A free copy of the winning mount, $75 free Zen
    > 3rd Place – A free copy of the winning mount, $50 free Zen
    > 4th Place – A free copy of the winning mount, $30 free Zen
    >
    >
    > Community Participation
    > Artists : Each participating Artist that follows the guidelines and enters will receive the following –
    >
    > X1 Glyph Pack LV 4
    > X3 War Avatar Pack S
    >
    > Please note : Processing of participation items will happen as entries come in and are vetted. You will not receive your items right away. The latest you will receive any participation items will be 2 weeks after the entire event is over. Please be patient as we process all the entries!
    >
    > Good luck PWI players and may the best mount win!
  • purplegypceros
    purplegypceros Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    Quite frankly if I can join the discussion does anyone know whether the Mod for the competition submission page has even looked over the the posts?
    Even with community members pointing them out nothing seems to be being done...
  • gioves33
    gioves33 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nice,gogo people !!!!
    Post edited by gioves33 on

Tf6Skrx.png
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    Quite frankly if I can join the discussion does anyone know whether the Mod for the competition submission page has even looked over the the posts?

It's their show so I will let Kalyst deal with it as she sees fit.​​
  • cerebos
    cerebos Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    ddd
    wolfie8331 wrote: »
    how about an mechanical spider SquirlyDean Eatherbalde
    2e2mcle.jpg

Stolen artwork from: StkZ613 @ Deviantart

https://stkz613.deviantart.com/art/Steam-powered-mechanical-spider-287859952

steam_powered_mechanical_spider_by_stkz613-d4rdu5s.jpg

• purplegypceros
    Options

It's their show so I will let Kalyst deal with it as she sees fit.​​

Alright then, hope Kalyst will be as fair and objective as she needs to be when the time comes...
  • lucasx210
    edited March 2018
    Options
    TomoyoWitch - Tideswell "Wonky Wilk"
  • lucasx210
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nick:TomoyoWitch
    Serven:Tideswell
  • neter#2788
    neter#2788 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    x
    Post edited by neter#2788 on
  • litleboys
    litleboys Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Post edited by litleboys on
  • litleboys
    edited March 2018
    Options
    P
  • didim4ik#6693
    didim4ik#6693 Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Dokyro
    Downglory
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options

Then pls post the unofficial server u are talking about thank u cos that car was made and designed by me.. thanks for tryna accuse me of copying tho didnt really thought it would look like a car, and good complaining too hahahaha.. xoxo

Post edited by iamtearsh on
    x9YPRak.jpg

• litleboys
    Options
    tNXndmT.png
    devianllert
    Downglory
    tNXndmT.png
    devianllert
    Downglory

that awesome
  • zevenacht
    zevenacht Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    X
  • vcanime15
    vcanime15 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876

I hope you really are looking at all those entries cause the ones that are straight out copied and nothing original should be removed. They shouldn't even get a participation award till they submit something original. It wouldnt be fair to those that actually took time to think of ideas to draw something.
  • minato12sh
    minato12sh Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Name:
    Server:
    IsyClarie
  • purplegypceros
    Options
    Oh my heart can't handle this stress! PWI has uploaded a new batch of pictures to their facebook page, but not all of them, a couple of good ones (including mine) still haven't been posted! The voter population's predisposition is already being swayed and it's not even being swayed properly!

My main gripe right now is a lot of art that came WAY after is being posted, ALONG with pieces we'd shown to be poachings of other people's work!

What's happening?! I'm freaking out! Is my picture too big, is that why it hasn't been posted?? and the rip offs! what if one of those wins?! D:>
  • mango#2840
    mango#2840 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Oh my heart can't handle this stress! PWI has uploaded a new batch of pictures to their facebook page, but not all of them, a couple of good ones (including mine) still haven't been posted! The voter population's predisposition is already being swayed and it's not even being swayed properly!

My main gripe right now is a lot of art that came WAY after is being posted, ALONG with pieces we'd shown to be poachings of other people's work!

What's happening?! I'm freaking out! Is my picture too big, is that why it hasn't been posted?? and the rip offs! what if one of those wins?! D:>

They haven't posted mine either so idk. And I don't know why they would post entries that have been pointed out being stolen ideas.