Time Zone (US) [Maintenance Discussion] 11/03/18 - Complete

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please remember to keep checking for updates.
**Official Info HERE!

March 11th – East/West DST Down
Start – Sun, 2:00 PDT / Sun, 5:00 EDT
Daylight Savings Time maintenance for East and West Servers will be on March 11th.
This process should take about 2 hours during which time you will be unable to access the servers.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Quick Warning Some Possible Time Zone Changes overnight may affect the servers. Please be prepared for this if it does happen. ( Looks to be only (US) servers ) This will most likely happen before 1am as the servers have to be off-line when the time change happens or they will mess up. (This is based using info from previous time changes) Please allow a fair time before the servers come back on-line.

**ALSO Please check your NW times as they should revert to normal after this chnage.

current.png
For Server Status Click Here. Server Status Provided By @nrglg.

EAST COAST - Tideswell Server
For Time Zone Changes Click Here. / For Time Zones Click Here.

WEST COAST - Etherblade / Twilight Temple Servers
For Time Zone Changes Click Here. / For Time Zones Click Here.

Today's Question.
What sort of Group events / Instances would you like to see?

Thanks,

Heero.​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• ceivora
    ceivora Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hmm, this is a tricky one. I would like a group event/Instance to have a NPC that doesn't get taken out early during maintenance from a GM before it's actual date and time. That would be so nice :O
  • sprucemoose00#2199
    sprucemoose00#2199 Posts: 1 Arc User
    ceivora wrote: »
    Hmm, this is a tricky one. I would like a group event/Instance to have a NPC that doesn't get taken out early during maintenance from a GM before it's actual date and time. That would be so nice :O

Oh damn this would be a great thing to have for once maybe also rewards that we can actually save up for not an item that is worth 400 of the event item and you can only get 10 a day for 30 days 10*30 does not equal 400
  • heerohex#3018
    East coast should be done now.

West coast soon.

Thanks .

• heerohex#3018
    All Back online now.

Everything looks ok from what I can see. Please report any issues here.

Thanks.​​
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Chivalry was reset without the option to claim your items. Also I think faction talents got reset too.

EDIT: Faction Goals got reset.
    ​​
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    nene#6448 wrote: »
    Chivalry was reset without the option to claim your items. Also I think faction talents got reset too.

​​

looks like Loyality Points and Loyality Fund got reset too. This mean the work of a whole week is just gone. I'm curious what the Daylight Savings save because i only see things got lost :( .
  • heerohex#3018

​​

Server n faction please.

Thanks.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm fairly sure it affected all factions, at least on Twilight Temple. Bases were simply reset entirely.​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Faction Welfare panels got wiped..
    Now that isnt good.... We lost a looot of items..
  • blissyboo
    blissyboo Posts: 7 Arc User
    Can confirm that everything faction related in my faction was reset. Faction is on Twilight Temple.
    Rosaryah - Celestial Saint Mystic | Aquaryah - Celestial Sage Psychic
    Sanctuary Twilight Temple
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Yup ours was reset also
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • silvasunrise
    silvasunrise Posts: 24 Arc User
    So the DST maint has worked as a Monday faction points reset as well. The fact that faction points are reset gives people very little time to gain 1000 points before the Monday reset comes into effect. That means that with the new week a lot of factions (who can't pull 1k points from nowhere) will have to re-open their base without the boost from Goals to make the easy 600 points, which means a need for greater toon variety in runs and, let's face it, runs which are full of toons which might not be much use in there.

Many factions will have a tough time with this, active or not. It's not like our servers are overburdened by people to invite and flood JFSP with to pull off stuff like what this asks us to do. Any faction with any history at all (and all the ones that have any foundation have some history, PWI is old) can't just find huge numbers of people who would join. In fact most of our recruits lately have been from factions where the leader and director folded due to the base lock / multiclienting and Arc change. We keep our base open, but unlocking it outright from a lock like what's coming... that's annoying and requires people to bore themselves to death spamming the same instance without reward on the same day on the same toons to get someone's alt through it. I must ask honestly, how is that in any way engaging gameplay?

Regardless of how you feel about this deeply unpopular base unlocking requirement, it is ridiculous that no warning was given by staff as to these points resetting in the DST maint (which I'm a little concerned probably means they didn't even know this would happen). This does make a big difference to people's time in game over the next two days if they want that unlock. I understand that the standard over the years has been to never warn of an unpleasant change, but that doesn't mean that we sould stop asking for a decent standard of communication.

Even worse, I suspect this will happen at future DST maints as well, so we'll have to keep this problem in mind for next time.
    ~Sylvaliana
    Leader of Borealis, Etherblade server.
  • iseeucamping
    iseeucamping Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    make a kinda meh base with trying to force people to open them is crazy at best. this just discourages people even more since what they work hard for is always getting messed up time and time again. i can understand a mess up but it seems mess up after mess up is a daily thing now

if you want people to work on opening a base some just dont want make it worth it to them like adding aeu into the mix give exp/spirit along side it not just fsp 24/7 for the smaller factions and stop **** them over time and time again

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    This sudden, accidental base reset also means that factions will be unable to do their faction trials in the upcoming week unless they get 4250 points within a day. Also, any faction that didn't distribute faction trial rewards before the maintenance happened, lost everything making people's hard work feel wasted.
    ​​
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

Server n faction please.

Thanks.

Server: Twilight Temple
    Faction: Xeon
    ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    Thanks Everyone its clear that this issues has affected all Servers / Factions.

Thanks.​​
  • thyrreks
    thyrreks Posts: 4 Arc User
    This also happened to Chill_Out , we opened base last week and working hard to get 1000 pts to keep it opened.
    What a surprise to see that PWI resetted all LP during this unexpected maintenance, we been at 820 pt & completed the missing 180 to keep it opened.
    Therefor i kindly ask PWI to take its responsability & solve the matter in order to not **** all lil guilds putting much efforts to keep PLAYING.
    Personnally i would like to get base unlock as due considering we achieved the 1000 pts/ week
    Should i also mentioned the fact that we paid tons of coins to level the previous base which now appears like an awesome waste.
    May i also remind PWI that a week takes 7 days?Not 6 nor 1.
    Btw: i can't get access to support from arc to submit a ticket, is that just a coincidence?
  • invalid963
    invalid963 Posts: 7 Arc User
    @heero200 what is going to be done about this?
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    All chivary points got reset as well, BUT no reward claim for the divine stones, so not only are we screwed out of the 10 justice dragon jades, but we don't even get the 60 divine justice stones from the week...
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • smatt
    smatt Posts: 7 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

Server n faction please.

Thanks.

Server : Tideswell
    Faction: Dynasty

• heerohex#3018
    invalid963 wrote: »
    @heero200 what is going to be done about this?

I cant say for sure, Im guessing they did not think anything like this would happen. On a side note its possible something will reset and it will be ok. Tho im looking at such a low chance.

Ill make sure this is listed however its unexpected so odds are.

Thanks.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    This sudden, accidental base reset also means that factions will be unable to do their faction trials in the upcoming week unless they get 4250 points within a day. Also, any faction that didn't distribute faction trial rewards before the maintenance happened, lost everything making people's hard work feel wasted.
    ​​

Well this sucks, didnt even think of that consequence of this reset. I`d say they should just grant ability for every faction to open up to 10 trials next week to compensate for the points disappearing but we all know it would be too sensible solution for PWE. Hoping to get enough points today to open up to 6 trials next week even if it looks unlikely I guess.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • laylay
    laylay Posts: 27 Arc User
    Any another slap in tha face. Loosing the Chivalry Points and not being able to do trials for a week plus loosing some trial rewards of this week is really nothing but another disappointment. Would be nice if PWI could compensate for this by sending "bound" Justice Dragon Stones and 5 S-packs ... but well chances are low that anyone cares about it I guess
  • iseeucamping
    iseeucamping Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    laylay wrote: »
    Any another slap in tha face. Loosing the Chivalry Points and not being able to do trials for a week plus loosing some trial rewards of this week is really nothing but another disappointment. Would be nice if PWI could compensate for this by sending "bound" Justice Dragon Stones and 5 S-packs ... but well chances are low that anyone cares about it I guess

just seems like another patch/thing not tested just thrown right into our face to mess up our hard work over and over again. they don't care anymore to give us stuff to help with the constant messing up they do they don't care about us or the game
    Post edited by iseeucamping on
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Tidewell players started WC saying not enough time to get enough points/ before time change/ And now most factions got locked out of bases. So sad....again!
  • laylay
    laylay Posts: 27 Arc User
    I would even think twice to play in two weeks as they will mess up the same thing again:

March 25th – EU DST + ALL Servers Down
    Start – Sun, 02:00 EU Time / Sat, 18:00 PDT / Sat, 21:00 EDT
    Daylight Savings Time maintenance for EU servers will be on March 25th.
    This process should take about 2 hours during which time you will be unable to access the servers.
  • heerohex#3018
    Ah... Ive sent a few messages and listed it on our board.

Its waiting now.

Ill be fair im least impressed from the lack of responses from PWE on the last few issues.

Not that it helps much, but thanks from me for the understanding you have shown.

Thanks.​​