How many factions have been able to unlock their base?

rivermist
rivermist Posts: 10 Arc User
Out of curiosity, I would like to know how many bases were able to be unlocked since the update. What were the struggles to achieve the points and do you find that you will be able to easily keep up the points week after week for it to remain open? What kind of player base levels do you have?

Comments

• johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    you need like 15 ppl/alts running fs(any mode) or dh/up ( in groups of 2 or more for points) in a week to make the req needed to open base and after that i think its just 1000 points a month (edit corrected below) ( although points are used to unlock base features per week so less per week means less bonuses).

If u have 8 members that can survive a fsj run together, you can just do (edit) 3 days and unlock base for the week using the bonus you get from fac goals
    Post edited by johndoe#4146 on
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    you can do multi runs for the fac goals, not personal contribution.

PWI and its wordings, thought it was 1k points a month but anyway, since everyone and their pill babies do fs more than anything else, that shouldnt be hard for most factions unless they are really dead or dont have many 100+, or fake factions made to bid on tw lands.

They DO need to add extra level locked instances that give points so that sub 100s can contribute too, but when have they ever cared about playerbase opinions.
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    That thing should have implied baby-pills so everyone in said faction can contribute.
    People would have seen it as an incitive to bring more friends (maybe) to pwi, instead of an incitive to leave pwi because they cant use their base.
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Funny you should put it that way teabagg. Those are the very things my little hippie faction wanted to do. We don't want to do TW or FW or RW or anything else of the kind. My hope was to learn about running a faction and using my 2 100+ toons to help a few newbs learn the game and make it through their quests. I misunderstood the original patch notes and spent 30 big notes to open one only to learn the ugly truth a few days later. Now all those notes have been wasted and the base is closed. Oh well. That's just PWI. Very sad. I can't see how it would hurt anyone if there were factions whose members didn't live and breathe this game.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    To answer the original post, my faction recently downsized like almost a month before the expansion (excellent timing, I know). We managed to open the base in the first week but we did work towards completing the Faction Goal of doing FSJ. During that week some people did bring their alts into the faction that they would normally take into FSP so that the following weeks would be easier.

Most weeks we've managed to just hit over 1,000 Loyalty Points in a week and we haven't hit any of the Faction Goals since the first week. The only week we didn't reach 1,000 was the week that Adventure Kingdom opened. For the most part it has been a small handful of people and their alts keeping it open, without those alts then our base would very much be shut by now.

As for the playerbase, our faction had a requirement of rb2 100+ before we downsized so we already had members who would be able to enter FSP. Most people were also capable of running the dungeon and were already running it on a daily basis. We probably have like...between 10-20 active members that might run FSP during the week, not including their alts.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • baysidebutterfly
    baysidebutterfly Posts: 25 Arc User
    We have unlocked our base and spent 10 Gold to aquire the faction safe stone, seems we are now in the red with only getting 100 Lotality Points on Monday. Seems that the base after all the hard work of getting people to run FSD over and over again it will be closed this week if we dont reach the 1000 limit again this week. We are stuggling as we watch some of our Players leave for big Tw factions where they don't have to work so hard, TidesWell server is falling apart quickly, as we have 1 main Tw faction that wins the map year after year, and basically runs the economy of the whole server, by jacking up prices on everything new players to the game dont have a chance on the Tideswell server, sad but true and a little off topic,as a Faction leader I'm tired and this Loyality system for some causes stress not fun like a game should be;(

So if the base closes do you think Pwi will make me buy another faction safe stone ( no one knows)I'm guessing yes I could be wrong,but lets face it who would have thought they would have stolen all those billions of coins that we spent making the original base and all the merit all my people had with no consolation prize!!! No return of nothing except a big go **** yourself.
  • soulstormer
    soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
    We are stuggling as we watch some of our Players leave for big Tw factions where they don't have to work so hard, TidesWell server is falling apart quickly, as we have 1 main Tw faction that wins the map year after year, and basically runs the economy of the whole server, by jacking up prices on everything new players to the game dont have a chance on the Tideswell server, sad but true and a little off topic,as a Faction leader I'm tired and this Loyality system for some causes stress not fun like a game should be;(

The only truth there is that the new faction base system does suck for lower factions. Please don't go throwing fingers around at something which has no correalation to the economy. You can count on one hand the people that run the economy and they ain't in that faction :)

But i do agree that something does need to be done to compensate for smaller factions not being able to utilize their base
  • xdragonxx
    xdragonxx Posts: 39 Arc User
    We are stuggling as we watch some of our Players leave for big Tw factions where they don't have to work so hard, TidesWell server is falling apart quickly, as we have 1 main Tw faction that wins the map year after year, and basically runs the economy of the whole server, by jacking up prices on everything new players to the game dont have a chance on the Tideswell server, sad but true and a little off topic, ...

eh, not liking the whole targetting Tempest for the whole reason of tideswell issues xD For the market, throw that ball at the person having 30-50 catshop online who's not in Tempest.
    For the rest, well, player shifting faction for higher pvp has always been a trend that has been happening since years ago, its just more impactful to smaller factions now because the influx of new players is fairly less then before. From rough estimating, small faction need like 15 active member who are in g16/T3 nirvana or higher to do enough fsj to unlock and maintain the base, while allowing room to not have to do fsj everyday for half of them. 8-10 people doing it everday just to maintain it can become a burden that is too much for sure. Also, Tideswell is one of the smaller server overall, so smaller faction feel the player movements a lot more.

But honestly, the base are a blunder in term of what you can do in there. If your faction is not able to do trials, you have less stuff then before, which is dumb.
  • killroywashere
    killroywashere Posts: 3 Arc User
    I thougt I read or heard that PW was going to unlock the still locked bases after a period of time, is there any truth to that?
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    I'm not going to point fingers at Tempest as obviously the state of affairs is not their fault in the slightest. It is true, however, that my faction has lost members to them much like @baysidebutterfly has, and to Dynasty, since this latest update debacle. My faction has done well and been happy on the server for years now, and we've consistently finished well (third-fifth place usually) each TW season even though we're just a medium-sized faction in the scheme of things. Since this update, though, we're demoralized at best.

To answer the OP: we have opened our base, and it has remained open since the update, but it's been challenging to keep it that way. We can never meet that 200x "cute"/reward pet interaction faction goal, nor do we ever have enough funds to take the boss kill goal instead, so we're stuck relying on FSJ/FSD spam (thankfully the double goal on FS completion helps in part). Our leader, director, and one of our marshals are instrumental in getting these goals done and dragging people through runs each day to meet these requirements. So there's probably 3-6 key officers/members in the faction who work extra hard in making this happen to keep the base open. I know it's a lot of pressure on them. In terms of active players, scanning the faction list at the end of the week shows around 40-50 players who have chivalry points for the week. We have a roster of around 160-170 (forget exactly without checking) many of whom are players who haven't been playing for the last few months, alts, or players locked out of their accounts as a result of the Arc enforcement.

Our leader is seriously burnt out. We're watching our members leave for big, successful factions like Tempest who can complete trials for the rewards (we've lost multiple members specifically due to this - we attempt trials each week but lack the numbers to clear trial 1 - we have usually about 18-20 members come) and offer easier access to a fuller endgame experience. Where does the small-to-mid-size faction find their place in this game anymore? Kalyst's request for details from CN on this base issue caused her to reply with "an active faction is key" (paraphrasing). When did "active" become synonymous with "large" and "high-level"? To drive these new requirements, a large, mostly end-game player base is needed. Why would anyone want to invest time and effort in developing a faction for new-to-mid-game players these days? I realize it's technically possible to achieve these base requirements with a smaller player base. We're managing to do just that, but it's feeling WAY more like a job, not a game. This isn't content, this isn't fun, it's drudgery. And our declining membership and burnt-out faction leadership is showing the effects of that.

For my part, I've been spending time in another popular sub-based MMO lately and having WAY more fun. There's also a buy-to-play MMO I play occasionally and both offer so much more enjoyment for a minimal cost. I'd advise anyone considering starting to play PWI or return to it to look elsewhere; there's so many better games out there that care better for their customers.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    Question....Do you need a faction base to have a circle of friends to enjoy the game? You can name your faction, go to TW ect. if u want, do other quests and still have website? Why not do this and dont worry about the 1k a week thing?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Pretty much every server is doing this Migrating to the top two guilds from the looks of forums .Ti and ET and pooling most into 1 but well those servers populations are significantly lower than DA and quite a but lower than TW. In terms of activity so it stands to reason why small guilds are going poof.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • rivermist
    rivermist Posts: 10 Arc User
    Question....Do you need a faction base to have a circle of friends to enjoy the game? You can name your faction, go to TW ect. if u want, do other quests and still have website? Why not do this and dont worry about the 1k a week thing?

The point is these people worked seriously hard at obtaining a base for the benefits it offered and we enjoyed faction base trials until they took them away. Also, this is a circle of friends, some of us are playing together since 2009 and we enjoy the new players and helping them. We happily turn out players that will go on to TW factions and leave an alt or two in our casual PVE faction. We are on TT server, our faction is going on 6 years old and still has an active player base, we just don't have enough that are end game levels to not create a huge strain on the high levels to open the base.... and if we did..... the lower level ones will be without help while we spend all our time struggling to open the base and then they won't be able to enjoy it any how. :(