Requesting cash shop guide

Options
kevysk1
kevysk1 Posts: 12 Arc User
It's been a while since i played pwi. Can someone give me a guide to cash shop all my gear? How much is it going to take?

Comments

• dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    teabagg wrote: »
    if your talking about r9 that’s like 1500 gold...or roughly about 5billion coins give or take.The long honest road if the game continues for another 10 Years would be buying pack items and selling..gonna take time cause every one selling same price.Other sell method is buying herb/crafting materials and even farming materials/herbs so you don’t have to spend coin.I myself still farm herb/materials and buy and sell.I always enjoyed this method since I started the game and I still profit.Through the years with my toons I can probably make 20 cigs of fate a day from cube if I can bear all the runs and then make 1or2 cube necklaces a week and sell each for 60mill+...run fsp though the rewards aren’t as abundant like before you can still make some chump change.

Other than this and other stuff out there like selling NW tokens stuff your just going to have to cash dude for the fast route.

i thought somebody said they changed cogs to be bound and the recipe for unbound ones are not available?
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yep that is true, cogs farmed from cube are now bound, but the g14 necklaces are still tradable from what I know (g15 and g16 non-NW necklaces are bound though). So basically the difference would be instead of being able to spit out a necklace once every few days or so, you'd spit out a few necklaces every 15-30 days.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • kevysk1
    kevysk1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    Ok, but what exactly do i need?
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    Don't do it! Run away while you still can! D:
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The question you have to ask yourself is how much you are willing to spend on this game. Basic r9, without anything special is roughly 1k$ if you use sales and promos. You can get most of your refine from those promos as well..so basically if you are smart about it and cash like 5k$ you can pretty much full +11/+12 your entire gear for "free" (not free, but you get it on top of what you will get from charging anyways, don't miss out on that).

Then, be smart again and use some gold to buy desired items when on sale, most importantly Fortune Keys..those can be easily sold by double the cap of what you would get per gold from the Auction House. For example..if you buy keys (18g for 100x when on sale) for 1.800 gold then you get roughly 15b coins out of those. That's enough to buy a Crown of Madness (~3b) a Wings of Ascension (~400m), a g16 Nation War Necklace (already +12 preferred, roughly 2b) and a +12 ring (Star's Destiny is preferred, even for Caster, roughly 1.2b) and ofc the Emperor tome (max 2b). Now you've spent 8.6b and still have 6.4b lying around. This will enable you to buy 21x jade of steady defense (+2 def level) or 21x Deity stones (+2 attack level). Now, since you charged that much and need 24x of those shards you might get a few from the charge promos as well. So at this point you got Full r9, at least +12, COM/WOA, G16 Neck and +12 rings with full jades/deity. That's already pretty damn decent and enables you to participate in endgame PvP...HOWEVER ->

That would be the case if you wouldn't still miss out on all Passives, Level 3x105, Titles, Nuema, Meridian, Cards, chart, skills, skill upgrades, homestead, Sky Level (namely Spirit). Granted...all the latter mentioned can be achieved in roughly 2-3 months playtime..whenever or not you are willing to drop some extra cash for those. If you hardcore cash you can do that in under a month tho.

I estimated you would need roughly 5k$ to be endgame and that's a good estimate actually. Going by my calculation above you only spend roughly 3k$ til this point. Spend another 2k$ on keys when promos are up and you are Full +12, have enough money to buy out all FSP coins to get as many A-Cards as possible and eventually get your A-Set (you can also invest into Special Avatar boxes that 100% give you 1 out of 6 set cards of the respective set, however, they cost 300m-ish a pop and I'd say try your luck with normal A-Packs first, especially when you start with 0 cards).

Now the only thing that is missing is the star chart. This is the best source of massive stats available in the game. However, the stats itself are pure rng. You get some free rolls by leveling and doing your required main quests..so you should land with a decent 5-6-stat chart. You also get some Aptitude for free. Aptitude can be bought from the Cash Shop as well. If you want to completely buy it (tho you should try to get to 10.00 apti for free, it's easy when you are in a faction that does faction trials actively, if you ask them for the level 1 pearls they might give them to you for a fraction of the price, cause everyone is done with them). Level 2 pearls (you need 250-500 of those) are 1g a pop on sale...so you are looking at 250-500g for those. To finish the chart you need to spend 1.5g x 500 (750g) for the level 3 pearls (when everything else is done, otherwise it's not worth it. Also not worth it if your chart luck with stats is garbage). That leaves you with the level issue tho. There are many F2P ways to increase the level of your chart. You gain the Astrobana Pearls via faction trials (great source), Heavenfall Temple, event and Flowsilver Palace basically. They are currently unavailable in the cash shop.

That's pretty much it. You can be Full +12, full josd/deity with a decent chart/cards in roughly 2 months when you are willing to spend 5k$ or more and be smart about it. With more time ofc it gets cheaper and with more cash ofc it's going to be faster or you can get even better gear. You need 3x jades or deity to get a +3 att or def level shard. That's roughly 1b per shard or 120g (if you are smart). I'd say thats not worth it but if you wanna go all out, welp be my guest. The only other thing left would be the best Card-Set in the Game = Nuema Portal. that will cost you another 10-20k$ depending on how lucky/patient you are. Also not worth it imho. Same goes for G17 weapons. IF you wanna play a Duskblade or Assassin..I'd say get the G17.3 for the purge effect (pretty OP!). This weap alone will cost you roughly 7-10b so 1k Gold (if you are smart and make profits with keys).

So that's it. Cash and Fly little birdie!

PS: If you are really, really ultra smart you don't buy anything from the cash-shop yourself and instead wait for key sales, make massive profits and buy the items you need directly from players for loads less than the value per gold compared to your keys. Regular items like the ones you need for r9 are often sold at roughly 6m per gold whilst your keys are above 8m per gold. In that sense, getting a 24/7 catshop is a must have so you can sell your stuff.

PSS: If you wonder what items does what..please check out those very useful sites:

http://pwdatabase.com/
    https://pwi.gamepedia.com/PWpedia
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Just tell him not to play this game
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Just tell him not to play this game

This ^ But if he wants to then he should at least know what he's up for :D
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    @jsxshadow kinda sad when I read you post is was pretty accurate 5k sounds about right to have what most ppl at this point consider the basis for competitive playing in a timely manner lol gg
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958