Potential Bug/broken quest

Options
trooz
trooz Posts: 3 Arc User
Hey,

A while a go I tried to complete the coming of age quest line,

However I only have 6 of the 7 tokens and no more quests to complete from this quest line, so can no longer progress.

I checked the banks of all my alt characters and cant find the missing token, I have a feeling there is a bug somewhere, possibly with the willpower section, as i do not recall completing it.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Have you reawakened? You cannot complete the Coming of Age quest line or any other quests relating to the chain if you have.

Unfortunately that also means you cannot discard the medals you have received since they cannot be sold to NPCs nor can they be decomposed. I've tried sending a ticket about it before but they couldn't help me remove the items from my inventory.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    Have you reawakened? You cannot complete the Coming of Age quest line or any other quests relating to the chain if you have.

Unfortunately that also means you cannot discard the medals you have received since they cannot be sold to NPCs nor can they be decomposed. I've tried sending a ticket about it before but they couldn't help me remove the items from my inventory.
    Actually, they can. It's really easy. Just open the character data file with any text editor and remove the line of code relating to that item. It needs to be done during maintenance, but they do this all the time to gift people things. It's not any harder to remove things.

They don't even have to actually delete the lines of code. It's simple xml, so they can just comment it out.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • obielle
    Options
    Actually, they can. It's really easy. Just open the character data file with any text editor and remove the line of code relating to that item. It needs to be done during maintenance, but they do this all the time to gift people things. It's not any harder to remove things.

They don't even have to actually delete the lines of code. It's simple xml, so they can just comment it out.

Yeah, I figured that they probably can but that didn't happen with my attempt. Looking back at my ticket, after showing them proof I couldn't hand them in and such they told me it's the result of an unreported gameplay bug, they didn't have a resolution and that the issue may not be fixed for quite some time, etc etc. They then suggested posting to the Quality Corner.

I didn't bother trying to send another ticket after that since it was on an alt account and I think a few of my alts have the same issue. I did notice I didn't specifically ask for them to remove the medals from my account, so that's probably why they didn't do it. That probably would have helped :|

• obielle
    Options
    Went to go edit my comment and I think it got sucked up in the spam filter or something. :s

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    Went to go edit my comment and I think it got sucked up in the spam filter or something. :s

Yep. fixed that for you​​