To whole Community , Where does your character stand gear wise?

deceitsoul
deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Figured we could give this one a go, since everyone is always talking about their gears.
Ok so my question to you all is, which gear are you using & what is your reason behind it.
You don't have to say ,but it helps the community see where we are at in terms of being prepared
for the so called *End game* or even daily challenges you may face within the game.

Remember this is just for fun & to see how you compare with others in your group.
--/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
Inquires or questions inbox here
Or reach me in-game
Ouln -Etherblade Server

To whole Community , Where does your character stand gear wise? 51 votes

R9 for life - i dont know my limits.
49%
kefalevilhearted22rossssaflownbreakingsylenthunderjsxshadowshimarraaspiringapathylordlionzjhardescattcattericamariex222cvrckoedceldoods00spatzelvcbrain16ichigo1555obragt500shopcheese 25 votes
R8 is where im at , could be better but im happy where i am.
3%
tmurph#4614sirkura#6424 2 votes
G16
27%
zeshkyoskeredflame12wawankeilv100togekissteabagggoldfinch47wettstylemistressanidamjemhinakatsura#3189pwidaniel4#2746mimiskysa#4762sinfarmer1#4484 14 votes
Other - Im doing ok, dont ask me questions.
19%
rebecca1973catgirldesurieihdiusonly1wishangellicdeitygreenfire312aradrielnunuatorphantomforce#4598opshrooms#2772 10 votes

Comments

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Not sure what full China R9 gear that GM’s won’t revert is considered so other I guess...
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Who is asking about gear? Who cares? If ppl want to scope my gear, they can look at my toon. I'm honestly more concerned about the new pwi policies about bases, killing off people's merit that they worked hard for, and this laughable "Adventure Kingdom" baloney they made us download (what do they think we're 12 years old??) There's much bigger things to talk about in PWI than what gear someone has. (Just my 2 cents)
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Oh boy, okay. Wall-o-text time. :mrgreen: First off, everything I say here is in a PVE context only, because PVP in this game lost any pretense of balance somewhere around 2010 at the latest, and is therefore all but dead to me.

So, PVE-wise, if I ever get the sense that someone is asking about my gear to evaluate me, or if anyone ever asks for a weapon link, I do not engage with them any further. If you (general "you," not the OP) can't understand that gear is not an indicator of skill, game knowledge, or general character growth, then I do not wish to play with you.

That said, I do not mind showing my gear in the general sense. But most people get mystified by my gear, because I make weird choices (often to specifically troll people who would get enraged at weird choices). For example, when I made my archer his g17s2 weapon, I put these shards in it - the same ones I put in my g15 weapon from years ago. Why? Because I believe most modern gear is OP, I get bored of seeing the same damn shards in every piece of gear, and it's my own little reminder to myself of how much power creep PWI really has.

The archer also has g16 armor, but I hate it with a passion and I'm working on replacing both it and the weapon with something pretty damn obscure. Once my project on him is complete, I guarantee you 90% of wep link squads will have no idea what the hell I'm showing them (assuming the sharding choice alone doesn't make them ignore me), so I will continue to not bother. :tongue:

My other main is a barb. He's got 37.5k HP (at the moment), good mdef, and that's really about all I require him to have. People are routinely surprised to discover that he gets these stats with... g15 armor, +5. That gear is probably at least six years old now. I never needed to upgrade it for what I wanted to do with him. I probably will g16 it at some point (after the archer's project is done, most likely), but I'll miss confusing people with it.

The barb has a s1 Warsoul +8 weapon, which I have no intention of upgrading because he's a Vit build and isn't meant to be a DD anyway (I got that weapon because I wanted the stun proc and guaranteed 2s to throw some Amber Gems into).

Don't even ask about my ornaments. That's a whole 'nother wall-o-text. :tongue:

Basically, part of the reason I still play PWI is to see what I can get away with PVE-wise in gear that small-minded people would consider non-standard or substandard. And the silver lining to all that primal-daily grinding and war avatar / star chart accumulation is that you can make a perfectly passable character in almost any gear these days (as long as it's level-appropriate).
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    deceitsoul wrote: »
    which gear are you using & what is your reason behind it.

R9r3, max refines and all that.

My reasons? To be honest, for a long time my motivation was to help my friends/team/faction. Better gear meant surviving longer, soloing an instance or even being a meat shield for my squad. Starting with the end of 2016, my motivation changed to simply wanting to see how far I can go in terms of gear. When I run out challenges because of out gearing, then I find new challenges for myself (and there's always the option to gear down anyway).
    ​​
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    G16
    My chars reach g16 and I call it end game. Not sure if I'll get to r9, but I have the molds for some in case I do. That weapon greenfire linked for the archer, I have the dagger equivalent. I'd recommend getting the Morai 60 slaying level weapons, as it's damage is comparable to g16, easier to acquire, and way cheaper to roll. Hell when mine was just +3 it out damaged my g16 +8.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    G16
    I am rolling G16, just cuz PVP is based on full end game to really matter. That being said if there where more options for pvp for different gear levels, in game competitions centered on a somewhat broader range of power ect...then heck I could enjoy some pvp without being a whackamole.
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    G16
    I aim for G16 myself as I play either a Mystic or Cleric for mainly PVE it suits its purpose I might consider getting ranked gear if I'm motivated enough.
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    That weapon greenfire linked for the archer, I have the dagger equivalent.
    Wow, nice! Can you post a screenshot of it? There are so few penumbra weapons on my server, I can probably count them on one hand (and that's including my wife who recently finished the cleric wep). So naturally, I haven't seen many (and we don't have ecatomb anymore). I'm interested in a pic of the bow too, of course, but I can't decide if I want to be surprised when I finish it.

Too bad I'm doing the armor first just to get out of that boring g16 all the sooner... oh well, about 3.5/5 pieces of that done and a replacement cape more or less ready to go.

EDIT: Definitely want to echo the recommendation of Morai g15s1 gears (those are the ones you can get from the three orders). They recently got a lot cheaper to buy, and they're a totally viable replacement for g16.
    Etherblade server
  • lv100togekiss
    G16
    I can when I'm home. Was pleased to see it matched the outfit I always wear.
  • opshrooms#2772
    opshrooms#2772 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    What a funny poll at this time? Does pwi also want to know on what level gears thier player base are generally lol omfg such a blatant poll to try figure players gears from a pwi MOD....not a hai im new what gears you guys have lol nope non other than poll from forum GM asking whats your gear levels..........wow............much wow..........and people actually replied..........woooooow

níl is agam níos mó
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    This poll is going to give you next to no information, if that's what you're looking for. Having rank 9 is completely meaningless these days, the difference between high end rank 9 and low end rank 9 is like night and day. Its about as big as an ungeared lvl 1 char -> r9
  • opshrooms#2772
    opshrooms#2772 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Well after changes of recent...its a very convienent poll?
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    G16
    G16, was going to use TT to farm towards r9 buut with the clienting issue and shops not being up anymore, I doubt i'll get there anytime soon.
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    This is such a strange poll to put up right now. I like greenfire's reply and perspective on gear -- and using those old school elemental damage shards is just awesome -- I well remember when that was a popular thing to do for physical classes.

But really, why are we talking about gear like it's a choice? Unless you're doing something consciously like greenfire and pushing yourself to do more with less, everyone else is stuck hitting that ceiling of "r9 or gtfo." A player's "reason behind it" for using g15, g16, morai gear, or r8 isn't because there's some benefit to it (with a couple exceptions: aps builds, players who like stacking warding lvls for pve), it's because they're not willing to sell their soul dumping 10 hours a day trying to scrape for coin in this barren farming environment OR they can't afford/don't want to dump a fortune in RL money in to get r9.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about a poll that was made for innocent reasons I'm sure, it's just a strange discussion to bring up right now when so many are unhappy with the company, and gear gaps/power creep is one of the major sources of irritation for f2p players.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • lv100togekiss
    G16
    ok, home, and heres a screenshot of the upgraded morai daggers thru QSM. Took over a hundred runs, and still rerolling for better stats. Also adding to the discussion on gear, my veno uses the sins equipment, yep, light armor. Was seeing how well my faction leader was doin with hers, and wanted to follow suit. Thou while I sit in g16, her veno is still in 90 green, and full Celestial Saint culti.
    QSM_Daggers.png
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    On my main veno I used to wear r8s2 and after that I went r9s3 with low refines + warsoul glaive and stayed that way for a long time. My character is currently r9s3 +10 with r9s3 weapon +11
    I think I also am one of the few players on Etherblade that have this but I have not refined it too much since I went casual at about the time that I finished that weapon.

Pretty much all the gear I have (aside from the penumbra weapon and the refines on r9 + the usual pvp stuff) I got during 2012 - 2013.
    I stop upgrading my gear since I don't feel it is worth to keep doing it anymore, this mainly due the state the game is and lack of time and patience to play this too much.

The main reason why I got r9 was 'cause it was my main and at the time the only goals left i had were to gear up and level up to 105. Also it was really easy to farm and merch stuff at time I did. When i got r9 on my veno, gold was 1 mill per aprox and nw tokens used to be super expensive so with that + farming stuff it was easy to make hundreds of millions in a few weeks, then buy a lot of gold on auction and plus a few small charges you could get r9 with no problem.

• greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    ok, home, and heres a screenshot of the upgraded morai daggers thru QSM. Took over a hundred runs, and still rerolling for better stats. Also adding to the discussion on gear, my veno uses the sins equipment, yep, light armor. Was seeing how well my faction leader was doin with hers, and wanted to follow suit. Thou while I sit in g16, her veno is still in 90 green, and full Celestial Saint culti.
    QSM_Daggers.png
    Niiice. They definitely seem to have a metallic theme to that wep series. Hoping for some gold on the bow, my archer has kind of a green/gold theme going (then again, the armor is blue/purple and it looks pretty good too).

100 runs probably means you did the full 95 version right? I gotta be honest, I can't solo that with any speed and there aren't enough people on Etherblade who care to run it, so I just have a 55+ opener alt and get 10/5 mats per run. So I'm looking at 150 runs total, before rerolls. But hey, I can usually bust one out in 15 mins.

EDIT: Got a LA veno myself as well, though she (like most of my other alts) is in simpler gear. Lunar g15 LA with mixed orns and a TT g15 glaive with 9% chan on it. She has a pretty silly mix of -chan and APS which lets her do 2.0 APS with relentless courage. It's not a serious endgame build by any means, but then I haven't gotten any passives/cards on her yet either, so who's to say it won't work :tongue:
    Etherblade server
  • sinfarmer1#4484
    sinfarmer1#4484 Posts: 2 New User
    G16
    coz ican't be r9... plain and simple..
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Only have my 8x r9 toons...tho, r9 isn't just the same gear level. My chars are all decently geared but compared to what is possible in the max..they are merely oneshots and can't hold a candle.

Tho we are talking about chars (in terms of what it's worth) that are worth roughly between 5k USD to 10k USD (just to get gear, refine, shards, cards, chart. Also need to add the time effort for leveling, passives, etc) compared to chars that have a weapon that is worth 3x that much on it's own or even way more than that.

So yeah, you should add another option: "Nuema Portal 2nd rb? Max Star Chart? EZ!"
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Surprised ppl still run g16 and aren’t bored with this games next to 0 challenge in PvE. To each their own I guess. I get the sentiment some can’t afford r9 but personally if I could only PvE on this game with how it’s structured and how easy it is I’d say I’d have played max 1-2yrs. The only thing that makes anything tough is 1 shot mechanics which in itself can be buggy as hell (UP run jump over fire and still die GG) but no real tactical perspective or critical thinking required once you get the basics of a boss’s functions.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • greenfire312
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Surprised ppl still run g16 and aren’t bored with this games next to 0 challenge in PvE. To each their own I guess. I get the sentiment some can’t afford r9 but personally if I could only PvE on this game with how it’s structured and how easy it is I’d say I’d have played max 1-2yrs. The only thing that makes anything tough is 1 shot mechanics which in itself can be buggy as hell (UP run jump over fire and still die GG) but no real tactical perspective or critical thinking required once you get the basics of a boss’s functions.
    People aren't bored with PVE because many of them don't run in R9. That was my point. If you overgear yourself for the content, it's your own fault if it's boring. I wouldn't use R9 if it were given to me for free, for this very reason.
    Etherblade server
  • sirkura#6424
    sirkura#6424 Posts: 37 Arc User
    R8 is where im at , could be better but im happy where i am.
    You guys do realise forum mods are NOT GM's or employees right, but volunteers to help with the community? And last i checked, it was ok to be curious. That aside I'm in that rare R8 group. I may not go for r9, but might go for rank 8's third cast just to be different. PVP is not as interesting to me, and its more then powerful enough to handle end game content.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Im not going to vote this one BUT...

Both my toons are R9, Tho their Sprit is very low. Gears are not everything with out other stats. For instance Tome is also a player now, Star chart. Defensive Charms... ETC

If you have the right Sprit and other gears their is no reason each grade cant be competitive in PvE and in some cases PvP.​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I suppose Im in the higher tier in the r9 group by now. While pvp and pve can motivate me, I mostly just gear up just for myself. I love collecting stuff and getting that 1 extra stat I can reroll for. All those small insignificant details I like working for, and by now they have all added up in my stats.
    Had I been PvE only I would have done nothing different. PvP is just the bonus I get out of my gear.
    I have the standard r9.3 but also r8rr weapon (farmed the hard way) and morai qsm'd weapon. Soon a g17.3 weapon which I have been slacking on, not sure if I will work for higher casts anytime soon.

Collection is just really fun for me and thats my reason.

The challenges I face atm is the items that cost a lot of gold (aptitude, trophy) for the reason I cant really afford to charge, and buying gold is painful on my server. Nowadays I probably wouldnt charge anyway even if I could.
    Another challenge is my love for my alts. They limit me in my journey to complete my main, which I really wish to do. I keep end up spend a couple hundred millions here and there on the alts.
    Post edited by shopcheese on
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    G16
    blazerboy wrote: »

Its not that we're bored; I struggle a lot with Neverfall's content because i'm mostly a 3-4 shot for the mobs there. I am unfortunate enough that I have not so great net (by not so great I mean satalite net) and I can't do Heavenfall Temple for orbs and other things to help refine my gear higher.
  • hdoggy
    hdoggy Posts: 28 Arc User
    My main is a BM. Got Morai level 95 armor on her, but my awesome faction gifted me with T3 axes when I hit level 100. My ornaments are a bit better than my armor, but (probably?) not as good as my weapons.

By the way, I've been playing (on and off) since Dreamweaver (now part of Tideswell) opened.