Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    I see & thank you for that little insight although I'm not gonna bother myself anymore with this game/company , after speaking to a few of my old PWI friends I think I'm finally ready to throw in the towel as well on this game for good , it was fun in the past and I'm greatful to those I met here but it has evolved into something totally different now with that it's time to move on like they've already done.
  • chanwk
    chanwk Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @greenfire312 indeed, i haven't seen his reply where he said he resigned - for good, not partially - , if it is for good, then he should change his signature as well.
    In my opinion, a moderator who backs up over 1 issue shows a sign of cowardness.
    Whether he speaks as a moderator or not, one title over his head doesn't change his behaviour or vocabulary. If that's how he normally is, then that's how he speaks.
    "A leopard cannot change its spots" .

Anyways, i am not interested in his trivial opinions.
    I am more interested in how i can solve my problems i find no solutions to in this "hungry money GMs world"
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    chanwk wrote: »
    @greenfire312 indeed, i haven't seen his reply where he said he resigned - for good, not partially - , if it is for good, then he should change his signature as well.
    In my opinion, a moderator who backs up over 1 issue shows a sign of cowardness.
    Whether he speaks as a moderator or not, one title over his head doesn't change his behaviour or vocabulary. If that's how he normally is, then that's how he speaks.
    "A leopard cannot change its spots" .

Anyways, i am not interested in his trivial opinions.
    I am more interested in how i can solve my problems i find no solutions to in this "hungry money GMs world"
    Are you unfamiliar with the concept of professional manner versus personal manner? Because let me assure you there is a difference, as anyone who has ever worked in retail, phone support or any other customer-facing job will agree. Try working IT support for a few years and then tell me you wouldn't treat people differently if it wasn't your job to put up with their BS. Also consider that mods are not paid for what they do, which makes it all the more admirable to maintain professional manner while acting as mods.

He told them to feel free to remove him from the mod group. He himself likely does not have that ability within the forum system - and even if he did, he's leaving it to the staff's discretion.

But then I might be wasting my virtual breath here, because if you seriously believe in such a thing as "money hungry GMs," no doubt you'd dismiss any logic to the contrary as "trivial opinions." :confused:
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    What I said was done in humor. Though it is also truth. PWE staff doesn't really work weekends.
    It was taken as sarchasm or something similar by someone who is too salty for their own good.

Yes, I have resigned as mod. Still have the rights because I cannot take them away myself. I haven't done any forum moderation in a very long time anyway.

I lost almost complete hope in the community a couple of years ago, but have stuck around because of friends, and because I like to help out.

I'll still help. I've tried every semi-legitimate h@ck to get around the chains imposed on us by the recent changes. I can't.
    I can h@ck the client files to do what I need, but that breaks TOS.
    Kalyst has already removed the previously approved tricks I had shared that help you guys out with multi-clienting and bypassing Arc. Not that they currently work anyway, but it shows exactly the direction the company is going in.

I have left the support links in my signature for your benefit. It's not like they lead anywhere special.

As for your problems. Most of them are first world issues.

Whining about not being able to log into shop toons or alts because you didn't do due diligence with your account information is not only stupid, it's your own damn fault. Not the companies. (Seriously. Anyone who uses a throw-away email for something they are going to invest both time and money into, is an idiot.)
    The only person to blame here is yourself. You did something stupid. Learn from it, and improve.
    You can fix your issue if you can remember enough of the fake information you used at account creation. If not, it's your own fault.

Whining about being constantly disconnected when you're trying to access a server thousands of miles away with crappy internet is stupid too. Why do you even bother trying to play MMO's when you have a **** connection? That's like buying a car when you can't afford to put gas in it, and then complaining you can't drive it with no gas.
    The Real Issues...
    The forced use of Arc, which has never been a properly functioning program in the first place. And to do with without even apparently considering the overall impact it would have on the community. I understand the servers were under some kind of attack, but it's not like this is the first time that has happened either.

The severe impact on multi-clienting. Though multi-clienting has a long list of issues on it's own, it should at least be allowed within the confines of the rules they had already set.

These were implemented without warning. Which is why everyone is rightfully pissed about it.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chanwk
    chanwk Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    As for your problems. Most of them are first world issues.

Whining about not being able to log into shop toons or alts because you didn't do due diligence with your account information is not only stupid, it's your own damn fault. Not the companies. (Seriously. Anyone who uses a throw-away email for something they are going to invest both time and money into, is an idiot.)
    The only person to blame here is yourself. You did something stupid. Learn from it, and improve.
    You can fix your issue if you can remember enough of the fake information you used at account creation. If not, it's your own fault.

I did not whine about not being able to log into my shop-toon (alt) because i don't remember the information i used at account creation. As a matter of fact, i have all Arc information and i provided every detail.
    Like i initially stated, GM EdgeWater doesn't want to retrieve the account simply because it's a shop-toon (not a main), he told me to make a new account and buy account stash stone (which i would have to charge real money for as my ingame coin is stuck in my suspended shop OR farm for a few days and buy gold for 7m each). = 2 situations that can be spared
    Are you unfamiliar with the concept of professional manner versus personal manner? Because let me assure you there is a difference, as anyone who has ever worked in retail, phone support or any other customer-facing job will agree. Try working IT support for a few years and then tell me you wouldn't treat people differently if it wasn't your job to put up with their BS. Also consider that mods are not paid for what they do, which makes it all the more admirable to maintain professional manner while acting as mods.

I am familiar with the concept of professional manner versus personal manner. If his reply is considered professional for you, i will not comment your decision.
    I didn't know he resigned from moderator, so don't be so salty.

But then I might be wasting my virtual breath here, because if you seriously believe in such a thing as "money hungry GMs," no doubt you'd dismiss any logic to the contrary as "trivial opinions." :confused:

Despite knowing entire ARC information, GM EdgeWater adviced i should have made purchases on my shop-alt too, not only on my main. (my main character was released because it had purchases on it).
    Billing payments weight a lot more than knowing your own ARC information.

• mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Today for me it was just realizing a few things myself that made me to take the decision uninstall -

1 - Forcing the use of Arc causing some people to be locked out of their accounts
    2- The new Locked Fraction system which as result players have losted their hard work over the years and
    now have to "slave" maintain to keep open
    3 - Relooking at the over gameplay of the MMO itself to the point where it's like you're being forced to CS to
    reach anywhere
    4 - Speaking with my old time PWI friends who had left years ago willingly walking away from R9 toons
    which they invested both time and money in and hearing their reasons for leaving.

It just made me opened my eyes that perhaps PWI is no longer a vaiable option for me anymore
  • greenfire312

I am familiar with the concept of professional manner versus personal manner. If his reply is considered professional for you, i will not comment your decision.
    ...if he's joking with you in a less-than-professional manner, and he's resigned his mod post, then one might presume that he's speaking personally. As in, there was never the intention of going "haha, I'm a mod and I still make fun of you, what'cha gonna do about it?" Does that clear it up for you?

I mean, I can understand you misjudging it as supposedly passing for his professional manner because you didn't have all the information at the time (even though reading the thread would've told you). But now you do, so let it drop, y'know?
    Despite knowing entire ARC information, GM EdgeWater adviced i should have made purchases on my shop-alt too, not only on my main. (my main character was released because it had purchases on it).
    Billing payments weight a lot more than knowing your own ARC information.
    Two problems with this:
    1. That's a hell of a claim you're making without posting the full context. You're implying that a staff member of a F2P game literally told you that you should've spent money if you expected help. Just to consider one possible guess at the full context...... maybe he couldn't verify you by what you gave him, and was saying that if you'd spent gold on the shop alt, he may have been able to verify you by your payment information?
    2. Even if he did mean it in the context you describe, kindly explain to me how that makes him "money hungry." Because, y'know, these guys are just employees. They make a specific wage/salary from PWE. These guys don't work on commission. They literally have no personal benefit in strongarming a charge out of you (especially one you can't make anymore because you can't access the account).

I'd be the first to agree with you that the ticket-system GMs aren't perfect and they have varying levels of actual familiarity with the game. And that's a problem. But can we examine basic facts about their work and consider the full context of their suggestions before we start accusing them of personally tying the proverbial maidens to the train tracks? :unamused:
    Etherblade server
  • iamanalt#3534
    iamanalt#3534 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    i found something amazing guys. this thread had been updated more than the game itself. mind bending....

RIP TO THE GUY ABOVE ME....jailed ftw.
    dont say the forbidden word.

taken from the parent site...w2wanmei support...even though everything they said to me is chinese.. it not robot like. i just ask a question about accounts and expenditures.
    The merchant has some time to respond to the order request and if the result of the order is a transaction that is subject to controversy and the merchant can not respond within the specified time limit then the dispute will be favorable to the cardholder resulting in a chargeback to the merchant In the case of a single request for tax filing purposes, the chargeback will not be returned

no useful response? do the thing above less headache.
    j68DFX1.jpg​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    basepawn wrote: »
    Does Disabled means Forbidden???

I just wonder because it is still possible to multi-client:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1208633/multi-clienting-with-arc

Yes it is, and the instructions on how to do so are posted in this thread multiple times, and in various other places.

Your script you keep trying to share is a violation however, and has been removed by the forum mods twice already.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • notonlyjudge
    notonlyjudge Posts: 23 Arc User
    cheesers cant log in so now they whine lol?
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Why are people getting banned from this thread so frequently? I want to know the heart of the gamers and their opinions - why are we continually being oppressed here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PpbYJyWBMU&feature=youtu.be&t=5
    I have avatar music playing in my head remembering the days when we would have clear , concise communication between moderators and the player base. But today we see none of that from either the moderators nore the community manger nore the many Game Masters Available to us...

Where is BearClaw? Where is Sutur? Where is the legends we've come to know that stand for justice and never let us down? Where are the people that stand as pillars for this community? The answer to this is very sombering...

Day by day in this very week alone that has past we've lost more people than in the last 2 years. (Active Players) Whatever is done must be tied for an acceptable form of compensation. And I specifically mean Acceptable to the community - not the other way around. It's high time our voices resound in the empty corridors of your company. So many broken things in this game such as features and support and each offense is just PWE skating on the THIN ICE that is the playerbase's last straw.

Think of the continued broken content...
    • Shattered Cloud Islands "Public Quest: Chapter 3" Enabling players to farm endgame ornaments Broken for years.
    • Skills that broke with Neverfall with no mention of any upcoming Fixes
    Think of the forgotten instances that were never updated...
    • Nirvana deprecated the moment nationwars came out mere months after Caster Nivana was introduced. Not everyone has time to ever reach the timeslots of Nationwars even on all 3 days ESPECIALLY the USA PLAYERBASE on an EU server.... This instance should have had its rewards increased to provide an alternative for gear progression.
    • Lunar 95 Dungeon should have updated rewards for defense / attack charms to reflect the new ones that came out years ago now (Defense defending against the next 2 hits opposed to the current 1 defense hit from lunar defense charms).
    Think of the Systems never brought over because the support staff in charge of them no longer work here....
    • Supporting KDR record site
    • Live chat that enabled players to be in contact directly with GM's for instant resolutions
    • Timezone Based events to make sure all players continue to live the adventure of PWI
    • Active in-game GM's who would utilize their powers to increase activity and make lower geared players feel included

These are just a few things on my mind while I wait for this game to be restored back to its former functionality. I don't get much play time in as arc is causing a blackscreen issue with the client for many players and unfortunately my computer suffers this same symptom -_- ... I think it has something to do with the imposed overlay that interferes with other overlays from VOICE CHAT software or GAME RECORDING software. the overlay shouldn't be mandatory it should be fully optional with a setting to disable it.

If we were to have players sit down and actually generate a list of all the current issues with our game including the oh so popular Geosynchronous system that was introduced many years ago bringing rubberbanding as a direct result, we'd have a true job for the China Dev's to basically rework all the mistakes and errors in their code from Day 1. But thats a fools dream ...

. . . Imagine - there was actually a time in PWI where the phrase Rubber Band and Desync didn't exist . . .

I've been playing this game for too many years. monkey-43.gif

​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Does Arc-mageddon finished?
  • dreamrosemusic
    dreamrosemusic Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. I think it has been over a week now. I do not like having to close out of the client to open it back up when logging onto my other character.
  • gannofdreams
    gannofdreams Posts: 6 Arc User
    terrabyte wrote: »
    This is just a clear indication that your company has absolutely no understanding of your customers or or even basic understanding of server economics.

No multi-clienting = most of the cat shops will not be up = pack openers have a harder time selling = cash shoppers have a harder time finding the items they want = less coin exchanging hands = less profit margins = less reason to buy packs = less pack items to sell = unhappy cash shoppers = why bother playing.....

See where this is going?

The fact that this has been enabled for the last ten years and hasn't been an issue should be an indicator of "if it's not broke don't fix it".

I mean this isn't brain science or rocket surgery, wtf is PWI thinking?

All you merchants can burn in hell.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Still nothing..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    This is gonna take a while to sort.

China are on holiday for one.
    The other point is US has not even woken up yet.

I too hope it will be sorted soon. and to be blunt PWI did need a way to lock down clients running. Tho im still not convinced Arc was the right thing to do.

But hey happened now so...​​
  • mistressani
    Here's hoping that the "views and opinions " that have been expressed by the player base on this thread won't just be disregarded as pre-schoolers whinning but looked at as "critical feedback" since the Chinese New Year's celebrations are expected to be over sometime this week yeilding "positive results"
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    Here's hoping that the "views and opinions " that have been expressed by the player base on this thread won't just be disregarded as pre-schoolers whinning but looked at as "critical feedback" since the Chinese New Year's celebrations are expected to be over sometime this week yeilding "positive results"

I would like to think so. Its rather clear from what we have been seeing.​​
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

I would like to think so. Its rather clear from what we have been seeing.​​

We'll have to keep dreaming!
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • gannofdreams
    gannofdreams Posts: 6 Arc User
    pre-schoolers whinning

Having a sea of catshop merchants inflating the market & exploiting the gaps sure enriched my MMO playing experience.
  • greenfire312
    heero200 wrote: »
    This is gonna take a while to sort.

China are on holiday for one.
    The other point is US has not even woken up yet.

I too hope it will be sorted soon. and to be blunt PWI did need a way to lock down clients running. Tho im still not convinced Arc was the right thing to do.

But hey happened now so...​​
    I hate to say it, but this is the attitude that PWE expects from us. "Give it a week or two, and everything will die down." This community has repeatedly demonstrated a willingness to lie down and accept most of the awful changes to PWI, and frankly, we need to stop.

There is no reason for Arc. There was never a reason for Arc. Arc is marketing bloatware and little more, and more importantly, it was never ready for primetime.

For example, the force log issue. They're not going to fix that at this point, because to force log requires being able to login from the front screen, which Arc bypasses and the current conditions prohibit. So, anything that brings that back will also effectively bring back non-Arc logins, which is what needs to be done.

Based on everything Kalyst said though, I'm guessing what we're going to see is a long period of nothing, followed by an "update" to Arc which will facilitate force-logging from Arc itself, thus addressing what PWE management probably sees as the only legitimate complaint here.

No doubt this hypothetical update would also include multiclienting, although god knows how they'll do that seeing as Arc appears to be pretty damn locked-in to a single account as long as the processes are running. And given that the sum total of Arc's legitimate functionality seems to be facilitating that pass-through login to the game client, they would effectively be removing its only purpose.

Even all this assumes that they have the ability to modify Arc competently, and/or that Arc wasn't created by some third party which they'd need to contract with for updates/fixes (which I can totally see PWE doing), which would make it take even longer.

Were it not for our nebulous "culprit" and whatever exploit they were using, there would be no reason not to bring non-Arc logins back and be done with it. But it would be just like PWE to hide behind that explanation long after the actual problem has been dealt with. Frankly, the only reason I believe that there is a culprit/exploit at all is because even PWE isn't stupid enough to shoot themselves in the foot like this for no reason while the community is still reeling from the faction base issue. Then again, with surtr gone, a management shake-up could totally produce an ill-advised foot-shooting situation, so hell, I don't know anymore.

The devs are off for the spring festival - that much is fine. But here, stateside, PWE isn't all off either, are they? Because we still need management's explicit word on non-Arc logins, and Kalyst's implicit word has been beyond distressing (essentially trying to erase game history by acting like non-Arc logins were never kosher, and like there was ever a good reason for management pushing Arc).
    Etherblade server
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    Give sylen a break, the guys been trying to solve your issue with arc and his comment was just as critical of pw as we are, isn't it clear which side he's on? Yeah he made a mistake years ago (from what we know, maybe even that's not true) but he also provided years of support for the community, I think we owe him at least a single ounce of respect.

You guys just are taking his sarcastic comment as a personal offense because he has a title over his head, but he's not the guy causing your problems. If anyone else made that comment the community would nod knowing the truth in it.

Still waiting for my year of login rewards from 2017. Probably will be March or April before someone takes a look (or never). Good thing *I* am not holding my breath.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    pre-schoolers whinning

Having a sea of catshop merchants inflating the market & exploiting the gaps sure enriched my MMO playing experience.

I'm sure having a sea of catshops merchants have been to some benefit to other players if not yourself , but not everyone Cash shops directly or solo Farm their needs all day long sometimes it's just quicker to find a Catshop that sells what you want if the price is right, no one's forcing you to buy.

Besides the more available an item is less chances of it being over priced and monopolized making the game's market overally more appealing to Free2Play players.

The less Cashshop Merchants there are the more inflated prices would get because their goods have now become a rare commodity and is now worth more.

What should be more of a concern to you is whether or not the Catshops all have the same owner/group owners or different seperate owners...is the game market being captialized by one person/group or is truly operating as an openly competitive one...tied with supply and demand levels is what truly affects the inflation of any economy. This I can't answer though for I lack the data to make a solid conculsion of my own.
    Post edited by mistressani on
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    DO NOT LET ARC SPY ON YOU
    Removing your second line from my quote as it would obviously be deleted by the next mod to come by anyway (if not your entire post, if not this post too). But I'm interested in this line. Are you accusing Arc of sending data that it shouldn't be sending to PWE and/or a third party?

EDIT: Upon investigation, the "tool" you mentioned just looks like a batch file which someone (you?) modified into an executable for some misguided reason. Anyone can do this on their own machine in a couple of minutes. But I hesitate to post specifics, given that certain people around here would probably accuse it of being a client mod (which it absolutely is not).

Still interested in your "spying" rationale there, though.
    Etherblade server
  • oldrascal
    oldrascal Posts: 21 Arc User
    jadasia wrote: »
    Ya know. You multi client people are amazing.

I mean if you have a alt on a legitimate account you use just for your catshop just install a virtual machine like VMware and install PWI on it. Then log into your catshop there.

Sure it's going to cost some processing in a couple of CPU cores and some hard drive space but it will work. I think.

(Virtualbox will not work)

Just pile up a bunch of desktop machines, and have each run the client!. Seriously, get real people!

/piling onto the ^Moron^ train
  • oldrascal
    oldrascal Posts: 21 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »

Then you became a GM and forgot about the player point of view and player opinions.

If the issue is so severe, why haven't you said what it is? Seems you're just trying all these random fixes and maints to fix an issue you know is there but not exactly what it is.

No need to be an ****. Kat works for them, and is only allowed what she's allowed to say.

Breaking News: Kat is *not* a programmer or developer, and is *not* directly responsible for what has happened. It's a miracle they allow her to say anything about it to us at all.
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    DO NOT LET ARC SPY ON YOU
    Removing your second line from my quote as it would obviously be deleted by the next mod to come by anyway (if not your entire post, if not this post too). But I'm interested in this line. Are you accusing Arc of sending data that it shouldn't be sending to PWE and/or a third party?

EDIT: Upon investigation, the "tool" you mentioned just looks like a batch file which someone (you?) modified into an executable for some misguided reason. Anyone can do this on their own machine in a couple of minutes. But I hesitate to post specifics, given that certain people around here would probably accuse it of being a client mod (which it absolutely is not).

Still interested in your "spying" rationale there, though.

Don't hold your breath on a reply they didn't only delete his post, he's banned :o

and hold onto your keyboards folks, the ban hammer is definately on the prowl
    3 more gone!