Coming back after a 4 year break, have some doubts

matgfs
matgfs Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello!

So, as the title says, i'm coming back to PWI after a 4 year break. I'm coming back for casual gameplay and PVE. How is the game right now in both these aspects? Also, I have some questions:

1 - How is APS in the game right now?
2 - What class would you guys consider the best for PVMing at the current state of the game?
3 - What about farming? If I start playing, for example, with a Psy, will I be able to farm lategame?
4 - What are the current methods of making some cash? (outside of paying real money =p)
5 - What are your opinions on the game right now? Is it worth coming back for casual PVE?

Thanks for the attention, and sorry for any english mistakes :)

Comments

• kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    No one listened when i told them before, but i urge u to listen, leave and never return
  • bulletman
    bulletman Posts: 32 Arc User
    1-on pve it's dead on pvp to costy tomake a good aps set +shards and Refice Dosent really worth anymore
    2-well sin and db are great DD but ppl dont take G16 one ,i find Seeker fun to play and its always good to have one in squad gear dosent really matter for support class for DD class thats diffrent you want some damge to take down 120m hp boss
    3-Psy is a DD class with very high dmg even on G16s but well in this game you need gear first then you can start farming still if you find some good friend you can enjoy game.
    4-you can make coin from up/dh/fs up and DH gonna be hard to find squad for a DD without R9 but you can get in and make some coin with G16s veno/bm/seeker/sb always get a spot as long as they know what to do gears dosent matter
    5-i love this game lots of memory for me but this game take to much time with my current job i play some hours per week but from looks of new update made so many ppl angry/leave not sure dident went to play

everything i said is my personal view on this game.

most of class are fun to play you dont really need gear to enjoy game unless you want to go for pvps
    but i tell you you will find most of ppl want R9 to get you in.
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    matgfs wrote: »
    2 - What class would you guys consider the best for PVMing at the current state of the game?
    3 - What about farming? If I start playing, for example, with a Psy, will I be able to farm lategame?
    4 - What are the current methods of making some cash? (outside of paying real money =p)
    5 - What are your opinions on the game right now? Is it worth coming back for casual PVE?

1: I play cleric as a main, so I can't speak 100% to the state of aps builds, but late-to-end-game pve isn't as kind to aps as old PWI was. TT, FC, old SoT/Aba could be cleared so easily by aps builds, but bosses in new instances have a special buff that prevents them taking damage from high-aps. Sins and BMs roll dph/damage-per-hit now from what I've seen. I believe to get yourself a good aps set these days you need to think about r8 recast to be strong enough for endgame, and that can be a painfully long process of rerolls that might never get you the stats you need. Again though I'm not a good authority on this point.
    2: If you're going to casually play and can't afford to dump cash in the game (and I absolutely would NOT recommend cashing in this game considering the sad state it is in) then you're best going with a class that is greatly needed regardless of gear - seeker, veno, and bm being the top choices. Barbs are also in high demand but require better gearing.
    3: Psys are solid dd even without r9, though to be perfectly honest, farming coin in game for f2p players has become very, very difficult given the current state of things.
    4: One of the few ways of farming coin these days are from Flowsilver Palance (FSD/J)/Unchartered Paradise (UP/D/J). Though it can be hard to get into a squad with anything under r9 gear, and there's some requirements as to sky levels and progression in primal (a "newer" map you might not know) that will take some time. Without at least g16 gear, it would be difficult to survive in some of these runs.
    5: I have soooo much nostalgia for this game, but my opinion of it in its current state is very poor. As you may have seen from other threads in this forum, this latest expansion is hitting the playerbase hard and many are leaving in frustration. My above replies all paint a similar picture: you need to get yourself to a decent place gear-wise in game to do anything advanced, but the ways in which to do that for new/returning players has almost completely dried up. My faction on Tideswell is one of the oldest from old Raging Tides server that's still around, and we're sort of mid-size, we do TW each season and do decently, but our focus used to be recruiting players of any gear type to help teach them and establish them in the game. This latest update is straining us very, very hard. We can't pull together a decent enough number of players (who can all be online at the same time due to timezone differences... we're spread across NA, EU, and SEA/OCX) to do the challenging new base trials content, and we're losing members because of it. Others are just not logging in and slowly dropping from the game (myself included... I log occasionally to help with TW and that's mostly it these days). Our leader, who's led us for 7+ years, is struggling to manage the faction in a state of the game which truly feels like it's punishing small to mid-size factions.

If all you want is something super-casual to waste some time and play some pve without caring about endgame, pvp, or getting too invested in the game's direction, by all means use PWI as a way to blow off steam and maybe make some new friends. But I can't recommend enough NOT to give them any of your money right now or get too invested. I for one refuse to help inflate their ARPU numbers until they get their house in order (if that's even possible anymore).
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • et3rea
    et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
    Find an other game.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    not worth it.

if you not charging, they dont care.

if you are charging, they also dont care, just the dont care a TEENY TINY WEE BIT less than they dont care about non-charging players.

if however you relish the idea of hard work in a game designed to take years to achieve anything in a FTP manner without money being thrown away without notice or care and for your burgeoning love being laid on the floor and shat upon then lit on fire and put out with pee........ then you need to make exactly 1020 accounts so that you can only log into one then switch account and do the same content a million times, then throw your computer out the window and buy another.

because continuing to play this game should be classified as a mental illness.
  • buurman#2138
    buurman#2138 Posts: 12 Arc User
    > @dagoddominator said:
    > not worth it.
    > because continuing to play this game should be classified as a mental illness.

That's the reason I deleted my main (bm rb1) and because I didn't want an alt started all over. F2P for me is just for having fun. But the real peops that can be classified as mentally retardedare the people you see on an afk spot like in Archosaur. No need to be online while doing nothing unless if you are in the need to show your faction is inactive. As for me, already lvl35. Got a Snowspirit Feline instead of a Purple Fox in Celestial Vale.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    matgfs wrote: »
    Hello!

So, as the title says, i'm coming back to PWI after a 4 year break. I'm coming back for casual gameplay and PVE. How is the game right now in both these aspects? Also, I have some questions:

Thanks for the attention, and sorry for any english mistakes :)
    1. Some efforts have been made to curb APS, although I happen to think they're stupid ones (many bosses now have resistance against standard melee attacks, which while effectively curbing APS, also punishes melees for not skill-spamming even if they weren't at a game-breaking APS to begin with)
    2. I'm assuming you mean PVE there? Any class is good, you'll do best with whatever's most comfortable to you. But I'm always a fan of rarity, so psychic is good... I might also go with wizard or mystic.
    3. Farming what, exactly? Need context here.
    4. This one is a problem lately. Some talk has been made in the direction of restoring F2P farming methods, but we don't have too many. If you're strong enough you can farm DH for glyphs which sell well enough. Otherwise you're just hoping for BH money or using Jones alts, in most cases.
    5. There's always something worth coming back for. It's just a question of what you'll put up with to do so. Of late, certain staff decisions have cut a huge slice out of the player base, and it remains to be seen if they can stem the bleeding. But for now, game's still playable and mostly decent IMO (as long as you can tolerate Arc :unamused: ).
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Go play another game, cashed or farmers get done the bad hand just play another game
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958