Quests After Level 100

zee#3785
zee#3785 Posts: 22 Arc User
Hey PWI players!
I just wanted to ask the players who manage to reach level 105 before reawakening and also did all the quests.
Are there any non-repeatable quests after level 100 that you won't be able to do after being reawakened?
For example, Goshiki quest chain can only be done non-rb and you can't do it after being reawakened.

If some people happen to say that these quests are not worth doing, please kindly stop because I am a quest fanatic I believe that all quests are worth doing, for story purposes.

Comments

• coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I didnt reach 105 before reawakening but as I recall, at lvl 100 my quest log was pretty much totally empty and nothing big popped up at 100 (i think?)

But either way i guess you can find out on pwdata;
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/qlvl/100-119
  • zee#3785
    coinsrus wrote: »
    I didnt reach 105 before reawakening but as I recall, at lvl 100 my quest log was pretty much totally empty and nothing big popped up at 100 (i think?)

But either way i guess you can find out on pwdata;
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/qlvl/100-119

OMG! Thank you so much for the link. I didn't even know it existed. Much appreciated.
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    To be honest going to 105 before rebirth is a massive disadvantage imo. I would advise rebirthing and working on primal passives. Rebirth is fast with the experience boost and is well worth it.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    you should know that a lot quests cant be completed now.
  • zee#3785
    foxysp wrote: »
    To be honest going to 105 before rebirth is a massive disadvantage imo. I would advise rebirthing and working on primal passives. Rebirth is fast with the experience boost and is well worth it.

Tbh, I couldn't care less about those for now. What I am aiming right now is to do all the quests and enjoy the journey as I advance to the game. I play this game for enjoyment and not competitively in which some players seems to forgot nowadays.
  • zee#3785
    beast21g wrote: »
    you should know that a lot quests cant be completed now.

A lot of people say that. There were some cases when I got Harpy Wraith for a quest and TONS of people say that it can't be completed. I waited until that boss shows up near Camp of Intrepid and got a help from a friend. We killed the boss and I got the quest. To add, there was also this quest that I got from Immolation Camp where I have to find the counterpart of Ultimate Water/Fire Orb to complete the quest, again TONS of people say it can't be completed but someone gave me the item that I need and able to finish the quest.
  • opshrooms#2772
    opshrooms#2772 Posts: 14 Arc User
    It is nice to see such enthusiasm,although it will be short lived......enjoy it while you can :)
  • zee#3785
    It is nice to see such enthusiasm,although it will be short lived......enjoy it while you can :)

Actually, I've played tons of quests that involved questing A LOT and made it end game.
    I wanted to try this game even though most people that I saw from different website who reviewed it says that this is a pay 2 win game. I've been playing this game for a month now and able to reach level 98 through questing and dailies alone. I'm not sure if you consider that fast or slow. So far, I enjoy doing it and learned about the story of the game by reading the message within the quests and thanks for the support. :)
  • sugarplumfairy#3892
    sugarplumfairy#3892 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Enjoy the path you are on...when a game becomes cash shopping to compete,fun is a mere memory from *the story you are now reading to wonderland coming along*this at 1 time was a wonderful exp,trolls were limited nice people outnumbered the nasty,now its the hanger ons that are left...the people who feel such investment of thier time and cash and energy,to boom wake up....oh woah pwi has locked us out of our bases.....OH WOAH pwi is forcing the usage of arc to access 9 yr old accounts that we remember nothing of but user name and pass......BUT WOAH....they are always on the ball when it comes to a spend promo.................and woah most events are broke before they even start............and WOAH wtf am i even checking this now dead games forum for???? maybe for a WOAH PWI came to thier senses and reveresed changes............one can dream dont take such from a person :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • zee#3785
    Enjoy the path you are on...when a game becomes cash shopping to compete,fun is a mere memory from *the story you are now reading to wonderland coming along*this at 1 time was a wonderful exp,trolls were limited nice people outnumbered the nasty,now its the hanger ons that are left...the people who feel such investment of thier time and cash and energy,to boom wake up....oh woah pwi has locked us out of our bases.....OH WOAH pwi is forcing the usage of arc to access 9 yr old accounts that we remember nothing of but user name and pass......BUT WOAH....they are always on the ball when it comes to a spend promo.................and woah most events are broke before they even start............and WOAH wtf am i even checking this now dead games forum for???? maybe for a WOAH PWI came to thier senses and reveresed changes............one can dream dont take such from a person :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the support. :)
  • zee#3785
    teabagg wrote: »
    i save alot of quest for RA 1 and RA 2..its dumb to do them all for regular exp bro

As I stated from earlier replies, I do these quests because doing them is enjoyable for me.
    I have asked around 50 players on my server if I'm not mistaken and asked them if they are doing the quests because they enjoy it or just because they need it for exp later on the game. And just like your opinion, they do it for exp. They didn't even bother reading the first word of the quest and just immediately click, click, click, and done.

Not to be rude for other players but I'll give an example as to how I tell if a player didn't even bother to read a quest. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I'm right.
    For example, there are many quests that I have done in which they don't give auto track on quest list and that you have to read the quest in able to finish the quest. I've seen a lot of players asking in world chat "where to find this", "how do I get this", "what do I do next" and more. Most of those questions can be answered IF you bother reading the quest in the first place.

It may be dumb for you doing the quest for regular exp but it is not for me but I appreciate your opinion.
  • zee#3785
    So far, I haven't got a comment from a player who were max level before reawakening became a thing and did all the non-repeatable quests.
    Since this game is very old, I would assume that those players already quit the game, does not go to forums, or simply does not exist.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Unfortunately I'm one of those people who reawakened before 105, but I did do most/all of my quests. It was a pretty long time ago though, and since then they did revamp some quests and added others here and there. I think the Goshiki Quest Chain is the only one you cannot do once you have reawakened. There are quests for level 104+ from what I know but they can be done after reawakening.

From my knowledge there are about 2-3 quests in Lothranis and Momaganon for level 100+, but cannot be completed because it requires you to enter dungeons we don't have, such as the quest The Circle. It's mostly because those dungeons were supposed to be for level 109s, but that never got implemented in the game but the quests remain.

Also I think there are a couple of hidden quests, but it was quite a long time ago so I can't remember if they still are. Scarlet Gate is a quest for level 50+ that I think starts at the Elder of a Thousand Streams, I recall that one was a "hidden quest" many years ago since it was not on the quest log. I can't remember other hidden quests, nor do I know if you need to do them before reawakening.

Another suggestion is have you done the title quests? I guess they're kind of hidden, and they do tell stories for each seal/tome. There's information on where to find the title quests on the PWI wiki. You can still do these after reawakening, though.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help in regards to your original post. I think it might be a hard one to answer simply because reawakening came around years ago and many quests got added/revamped since it came out. That and, as you said, only a small handful of people actually read their quests as they go through them.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • zee#3785
    obielle wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm one of those people who reawakened before 105, but I did do most/all of my quests. It was a pretty long time ago though, and since then they did revamp some quests and added others here and there. I think the Goshiki Quest Chain is the only one you cannot do once you have reawakened. There are quests for level 104+ from what I know but they can be done after reawakening.

From my knowledge there are about 2-3 quests in Lothranis and Momaganon for level 100+, but cannot be completed because it requires you to enter dungeons we don't have, such as the quest The Circle. It's mostly because those dungeons were supposed to be for level 109s, but that never got implemented in the game but the quests remain.

Also I think there are a couple of hidden quests, but it was quite a long time ago so I can't remember if they still are. Scarlet Gate is a quest for level 50+ that I think starts at the Elder of a Thousand Streams, I recall that one was a "hidden quest" many years ago since it was not on the quest log. I can't remember other hidden quests, nor do I know if you need to do them before reawakening.

Another suggestion is have you done the title quests? I guess they're kind of hidden, and they do tell stories for each seal/tome. There's information on where to find the title quests on the PWI wiki. You can still do these after reawakening, though.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help in regards to your original post. I think it might be a hard one to answer simply because reawakening came around years ago and many quests got added/revamped since it came out. That and, as you said, only a small handful of people actually read their quests as they go through them.

I remember doing the Scarlet Gate quest and also other so-called hidden quests like the one located below lunar glade(primal fear and drake fling) and also at immolation camp(transcience bosses inside sadistic glee). I do agree that they don't appear on the quest list but when I was doing quests, after I turned them in, I don't need to see my quest list because I see on the top of npc that there are still quests that are being offered(yellow flag icon).

As for the title quests, I currently have 8/538 and those are mostly the easiest one to do. Since my gears are still morai set, I am told not to do the titles that requires me to do high level mobs until I have a decent gear.

Thanks for your time leaving a comment. I really appreciate it and thank you also for giving me a link for title quest. :)
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    There is a quest that I'll need RB 3 to complete. Oh, and I need an ultimate water orb.
    I have done most of the title quests with Morai gear. A few of them require a squad to complete.

Which quest line(s) is/are your favourite(s)? I enjoyed the romantic ones.
  • zee#3785
    There is a quest that I'll need RB 3 to complete. Oh, and I need an ultimate water orb.
    I have done most of the title quests with Morai gear. A few of them require a squad to complete.

Which quest line(s) is/are your favourite(s)? I enjoyed the romantic ones.

For the ultimate water orb, I just had to ask the world chat if someone have it. It may take time but someone will respond.
    If what you say is true and that you've done most of the title quests with only morai gears, then I'll try doing them. :)

As for my favourite quest line, I would say Ladywraith quest chain. Where I have to help her kill 2 bosses so that she can be reborn. I've done a lot of quest and I don't really consider them romantic, instead, they are all tragic. I mean most of them got separated. I can name a lot, goshiki/dizzy, demon hsuanling/sage chiuying,and emerald moon/ormin. :'(
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, a lot of quests you'll find are rather tragic love stories rather than happy ones. A good example is marriage quests. They got overhauled about a year ago to have completely new quests and I think almost every single one is tragic without a happy ending, which is quite sad (not to mention some of the translation is...not good). I did like the previous marriage quests because it was like working with your spouse to help other couples with their problems (though some stories were rather simple), but now it's working with your spouse to...uh...watch as the couple cannot be together for some reason. But I think that's probably popular in eastern cultures, though I'm not an expert on that.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Finally, another person who reads quests! People laugh at me sometimes when I say I read quests. mouse-8.gif Though I don't remember the stories of the quests pre-Primal World, and I vaguely remember Morai's quest line. It's just been so many years since I did those, haha.

I suggest taking a look at the Perfect World Lore. I think it's something you'll enjoy reading. Some of the content you see on that page came from translated content from China, and I don't think it's available in-game in PWI. The Chinese version tends to post stories and videos about the game's lore often and sadly we miss out on most of that because it's never translated to English.
    ​​
  • zee#3785
    obielle wrote: »
    Yeah, a lot of quests you'll find are rather tragic love stories rather than happy ones. A good example is marriage quests. They got overhauled about a year ago to have completely new quests and I think almost every single one is tragic without a happy ending, which is quite sad (not to mention some of the translation is...not good). I did like the previous marriage quests because it was like working with your spouse to help other couples with their problems (though some stories were rather simple), but now it's working with your spouse to...uh...watch as the couple cannot be together for some reason. But I think that's probably popular in eastern cultures, though I'm not an expert on that.

Sadly, I can't relate to the marriage quest you are talking about but I hope I'll be able to do that soon. :p
  • zee#3785
    edited February 2018
    Finally, another person who reads quests! People laugh at me sometimes when I say I read quests. mouse-8.gif Though I don't remember the stories of the quests pre-Primal World, and I vaguely remember Morai's quest line. It's just been so many years since I did those, haha.

I suggest taking a look at the Perfect World Lore. I think it's something you'll enjoy reading. Some of the content you see on that page came from translated content from China, and I don't think it's available in-game in PWI. The Chinese version tends to post stories and videos about the game's lore often and sadly we miss out on most of that because it's never translated to English.
    ​​

Ignore those people who laughed at you. Reading a quests is part of a game especially when there are stories behind it.

Omg! I didn't know that there is a website for PW Lore. I will definitely read it. Missing out on some stories because they can't be translated is quite disappointing. :'(
  • kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    It's nice to see someone who is playing purely for the fun but also remeber if you intend to reawaken it is useful to have a few quests for leveling back to 100 so don't use them all up.
  • zee#3785
    kefal wrote: »
    It's nice to see someone who is playing purely for the fun but also remeber if you intend to reawaken it is useful to have a few quests for leveling back to 100 so don't use them all up.

Too late for the warning because I did all of the quests already. o:)
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Not all the love stories have tragic endings! There's Banker Hsin and Guard Ling; the quest line involving Flute of the Old Days; and winged elf Hsi who finds her lost love, winged elf Lan. And the ones that end tragically are just as memorable. Remember the story of the forbidden love between a barb and an elf?

I doubt I'd play MMOs if there weren't stories and lore behind them.
  • zee#3785
    Not all the love stories have tragic endings! There's Banker Hsin and Guard Ling; the quest line involving Flute of the Old Days; and winged elf Hsi who finds her lost love, winged elf Lan. And the ones that end tragically are just as memorable. Remember the story of the forbidden love between a barb and an elf?

I doubt I'd play MMOs if there weren't stories and lore behind them.

I remember all of those quests. <3