Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• et3rea
    et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    90% of those complaining must be bought accounts. IF it's not a bought account, just write a ticket and CS will restore the account for you, no matter if you have access to the old mail or not. Ofc, that only works if you actually created the account yourself. Welp, tough luck.

Also, to anyone that thinks the force-Arc-Login will ever go away again. Nah-Uh. Never. Don't bet on it.

They might enable multiple logins via arc again but arc will stay mandatory now until this game eventually vanishes for good. The chances of CN getting a change of heart on this matter is so unlikely...I have higher odds to pull 5x CoMs from the worst packs in a row. In that sense, please return to normal...Daddy needs a new pair of shoes :D

PS: I do not condemn people that buy accounts...I would be thrilled if that was a possibility..tho it comes a bit too late for me (so much effort and money could've been saved if I could've just bough the accounts I have..and might even have better gears QQ). Lots of people quit cause their shared/bought accs are gone nor or not accessible anymore. That's a shame..cause it's usually endgame accounts and PvP will be alot less thrilling than it was before. But wishing for something and actually following the rules are 2 different things.

Do u really think who buys an account dont ask for the mail or atleast change it in the arc profile? The matter is that some accounts are years old and ppl dont remember the mail to them attached. But again im not surprised that after 16 pages of thread u still dont grasp it
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    90% of those complaining must be bought accounts. IF it's not a bought account, just write a ticket and CS will restore the account for you, no matter if you have access to the old mail or not. Ofc, that only works if you actually created the account yourself. Welp, tough luck.

Right now the CS department is doing the same thing they've always done - If you've C$'d before your ticket is being handled in an expedited fashion - If you are a F2P player - Good Luck - I myself have people in guild waiting 5 days for a response from the CS department.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hawkins08
    hawkins08 Posts: 29 Arc User
    jup and when your go on ticket about it, they will want proof you are really the owner of this account / email

which ofc are lead to security questions like "what your favorite song" you put there like 6 years ago and by today ofc you forgot about the song and have changed taste of music and everything...so pointless all this

just return the changes to how it was before arc force
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    @phantomforce#4598 and @sylenthunder lol if you have the time to argue... might as well fix things that needs fixing..... yeah so jail everybody... it fixes stuff. I WONT WASTE MY ENERGY ON YOU GUYS. AND TO THIS STUPID GAME. WELL GL TO THOSE PEOPLE RECOVERING YAHOO-2014 EMAILS AND OLDER. HAHAHA. PEACE OUT.

We are just forum mods. We can't do anything to fix the game. SylenThunder is pretty knowing on those things, and has tried to come up with a workaround for everyone. He was unsuccessful due to how restricted they have made it.

They did make these changes to improve security, which often comes at a cost to usability. Whether it was to stop people running 100's of clientless bots, or some **** to the servers, is pointless to speculate. They will tell us when they can, and they will only tell us what they have been allowed to say by the company. (Which may very well turn out to be nothing since most companies are lax to admit they were violated.)​​
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Back when Arc was announced - the majority of the player base was against it
    Back when PVP became the pirorty over PVE - some players were against it
    When they devauled the DQ system - again players were against it
    Even I'm sure also because some events/instances were made useless/removed - players were against it

what did it result in? - Server Merges

Do you honestly think after they've leave and moved on, that they would really care if China has change of heart or not ?

Also the Mods here are really quite limited in what they can do , sometimes themselves have had a better understanding the player base more than the Company itself , we've lost many a good few of them over the years due to fustration so I understand.
    Post edited by mistressani on
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Joe just wants an excuse to trash talk people with endgame gear he's been whining over gear in literally every thread and youtube video. I saw him even try to trash talk one of the wiki admins nvm the fact that they did all this work for pwi players.

I guess if you have more gear than joe you're automatically stupid, unskilled, means you bought the account and you should probably uninstall. Unless you are joe's best friends ofc then none this applies.

Lol joe posts used to be amusing but now they're nothing more than trash talking players while pretending he's a white knight. He apparently needs to educate people on how to spend their spend money, on what people like and on what makes them bored of the game. Obviously everyone else is too stupid to know but white knight joe cares soooo much about people he just wants to protect them from endgame gear because endgame gear is evil! lmao
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    i beta tested arc, disabled arc defender when it came out, dont have an issue with arc in the slightest. however having arc defender on the website not just the arc platform is a pain sometimes. The only thing that sucks is dc'ing. I have to hook up my broken laptop to a tv just to get back in. Any word on allowing us to freedom to login yet from china @kalystconquerer#0876
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    We are just forum mods. We can't do anything to fix the game. SylenThunder is pretty knowing on those things, and has tried to come up with a workaround for everyone. He was unsuccessful due to how restricted they have made it. ​​

Sylen only cares about fixes when people share his AFK spot... Man that was a funny few weeks!!
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @booker27 Tho, you make it sound hilarious, yes, that's basically it. If you had as much knowledge of human psychology you would know that certain behaviors can lead to the conclusion of the state of ones mind.

I am not attacking nor trashtalking anyone that does not deserve it and, as you mentioned the wiki admin, I was just suggesting that being done with game progression might be a factor of the game getting boring. That is purely logical and anyone with a spark of common sense would agree. If there is nothing left to do, why stay? - sentimental value, boredom of anything else (that even exceeds PWI) and a dozen other factors could go into the decision of staying in PWI. I do know that, however just mentioning it could help others reading that. If just 1 of 100 Forum users comes to a conclusion about anything at all (due to a comment of mine) then I was victorious.

People that are too involved with this game and all their inner struggles will not give up that easily. You would be shocked as to how many people keep "hiding" in MMOs just because they are terrified of life and just want to overlap it all via the respective games. This applies to nearly 95% of the entire long-lasting MMO-Community (not casuals that play for a week and quit again).

I only ever really trash-talk people that are so delusional that they keep imagining themselves as some sort of ingame-god, whilst in reality so many factors EXCEPT their own prowess lead to that "status". It's like someone bragging about the fact that he/she is rich. No one likes those people.

As for the current state of PWI: You all need to chill...after all, you should rather be glad that finally a threshold is reached that moves you enough to leave the game for good. That can only be beneficial for you, seriously. Why are you guys so afraid to leave the digital world and spend a bit more time in the real one? It's not the end of the world. Well, the perfect world maybe :D

@et3rea Trust me, it has been several years since I last couldn't grasp something. You seem to not realize the protocol for restoring old accounts. There is always a way for the support to tell if it's really your account. Might it be the first used Billing-address, the new you used, Security Questions, location from where the account was created. Damn, if you truly don't remember anything at all then sorry, that's on you and you alone. You guys don't even try to understand PWE's perspective. All you do is throwing wild guesses around on top of your constant tempers.

Guess what. If you visit a foreign country and you leave your bag at any random place. What happens with the bag if you don't remember where you put it? Exactly. It's gone. Forever. Unless you made sure that you left your details imprinted on the bag. Then you might have a chance..but yet again, you lost it, you left it there aka it's your fault alone.

@tek1nig Yeah, I guess it's to be expected that the CS is quite overloaded atm and that tickets will take longer than usual to get worked through. Patience is key, as always. PWI-Support staff was underemployed from the get go..so yeah. That one is definitly on PWE's end, same as the lack of communication.

I am not a white knight that is purely on PWEs side. Why would I be? I tell PWE and kaly exactly how annoyed I am about an update when it comes to my mind. I am straight forward. Always. Something that can't be compensated and that makes me furious is the fact that they did not communicate that they are planning to force Arc on people. IF they did, people could've prepared and shifted their sales item to a different account or the likes. Same goes for the faction contribution that just went poof. That's ridiculous and very, very BOLD from their side. I can relate to people being enraged because of that. Rightfully so.
  • darksynn
    darksynn Posts: 26 Arc User
    Most MMOs are like old foreign British colonies only when the Queen (Parent Company) declares their independence would they truly be able to meet the needs of their People (Player Base) until then there’s really nothing much you can do about the decisions made except accept it or revolt….
  • iamanalt#3534
    iamanalt#3534 Posts: 6 Arc User

cn,cn,cn,cn,cn
    Work, work, work, work, work, work
    You see me I be work, work, work, work, work, work
    You see me do me dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt
    There's something 'bout that work, work, work, work, work, work
    When you a gon' learn, learn, learn, learn, learn, learn
    Me na care if me tired, tired, tired, tired, tired, tired

wait its friday today.. wait next week....after cn new year.
    song dedicated to cn.

肏你祖宗十八代

one thing i could point out... wanmei does very good job on their events on cn.. why is there difference in quality of events there and in here... i can understand a little chinese. news site on w2 is not MONEY HUNGRY as we have in pwi. if you see their newsfeed its like this:

pwcn aka w2
    maintenance
    update patch
    event listing 1
    event listing 2
    maintenance
    update patch incoming

pwi
    spend reward
    charge reward
    war avatar blast spend
    market update
    maintenance
    event listing 1

and i saw the rewards they have... they are generous on event rewards..(well you can argue with me on this one since i only saw their valentines event and 3 more events.)
    i just wish pwi would be little more generous on event rewards as well. 50 nebula wont make you bankrupt.
  • darksynn
    darksynn Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    cn,cn,cn,cn,cn
    Work, work, work, work, work, work
    You see me I be work, work, work, work, work, work
    You see me do me dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt
    There's something 'bout that work, work, work, work, work, work
    When you a gon' learn, learn, learn, learn, learn, learn
    Me na care if me tired, tired, tired, tired, tired, tired

wait its friday today.. wait next week....after cn new year.
    song dedicated to cn.

肏你祖宗十八代

one thing i could point out... wanmei does very good job on their events on cn.. why is there difference in quality of events there and in here... i can understand a little chinese. news site on w2 is not MONEY HUNGRY as we have in pwi. if you see their newsfeed its like this:

pwcn aka w2
    maintenance
    update patch
    event listing 1
    event listing 2
    maintenance
    update patch incoming

pwi
    spend reward
    charge reward
    war avatar blast spend
    market update
    maintenance
    event listing 1

and i saw the rewards they have... they are generous on event rewards..(well you can argue with me on this one since i only saw their valentines event and 3 more events.)
    i just wish pwi would be little more generous on event rewards as well. 50 nebula wont make you bankrupt.

Take a step back and think for a minute who's money is actually funding the mainland's version of the game no wonder they could be so " generous " to their own player base =P I don't think the influx of foreign exchange income is something they'd ever complain about no wonder they can keep building on their Parent version.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @iamanalt#3534 I agree.

PWE should be way more generous. The current login rewards are a step in the right direction..but they never understood that they need to feed people in order for them to keep going. They should dish out high level refine items (10* Orbs and higher) as well as S-Cards and A-Cards like crazy once in a while to keep people motivated.

They just have no clue about psychology. Someone on the verge of quitting, lets say full +11, jaded seeker that doesn't even wanna bother with Sereneties and such...give out more free S-Cards..get him to finish his Nuema Portal and chances are that this will revitalize the will to keep on playing and he might drop some $$$ on Sereneties. Or giving out free Nebulas (quite a few since chances are so low) and someone gets an OP chart. Could motivate him to get r9, etc. ...

They don't lose any money at all for giving out anything. It's just pixels. They create the items once and can milk them forever, for free.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    It's worth pointing out that half the CS item prices are completely insane and way above in-game market prices, so anyone wishing to buy those Nebula Dust Orbs will just sell the gold to other players instead and buy the orbs with the profits. And that's not even counting the real head-scratchers which make you think "I mean... I guess someone spends money on 31k exp at $1 a pop or it wouldn't be there, right? Those poor, stupid souls."

Pretty sure PWE counts on newbies ignoring the actual prices of goods and just charging whatever price they put up for the sake of expediency. Too bad we don't get many newbies these days.
    Also, to anyone that thinks the force-Arc-Login will ever go away again. Nah-Uh. Never. Don't bet on it.

They might enable multiple logins via arc again but arc will stay mandatory now until this game eventually vanishes for good. The chances of CN getting a change of heart on this matter is so unlikely...I have higher odds to pull 5x CoMs from the worst packs in a row. In that sense, please return to normal...Daddy needs a new pair of shoes :D
    The "emergency maintenance" which set up this current state of affairs didn't even have a patch in it. That tells me that the switch for allowing non-Arc logins (if not everything about Arc) is entirely on PWE's side. CN is responsible for patching the client exploit, if there is one, but if there's a "change of heart" required here, it's from PWE, not CN.

Personally, I don't care to rate the chances one way or another until we have the full story, except to say that Kalyst's posts as of late have been profoundly disheartening.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    THIS
    inb4 this conversation gets sunk like all the other ones. PWI just doesn't get it. sinking and deleting comments doesn't make the problem go away. it just makes ur customers go away.​​
    wettstyle wrote: »
    When they started catering to the PVP crowd is when things started to pivot, nothing against a pvp player, but its kinda true. In the first couple of years there was a massive pve crowd and they came for a reason, and they have left for a reason.
    tabaloul wrote: »
    my faction this week lost 20ish active players because of this...
    thanks PWI egg-1.gif​​

Nuff said
  • sugarplumfairy#3892
    sugarplumfairy#3892 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Byeeeeee Byeeeee PWiiiiii.......You drove your players to the limit.....now your wells running dry......the good old days are long gone byyyyyyy.....so this is the way that you dieeeeeee.....oh thissssssssssssss is gona be the way that you dieeeeeee.....Byeeeeee Byeeeee PWiiiiiiiiii.............

No copyright infringement intended :D:D:D:D:D:D:s:s:s
  • mistressani
    Well maybe now their new “emergency “meeting would actually be tailored to doing an overhaul “revamping” of their game and addressing the “issues of its International player base” in order to prolong its current lifespan… #tryingnottolaughtoomuch
  • tek1nig
    Well maybe now their new “emergency “meeting would actually be tailored to doing an overhaul “revamping” of their game and addressing the “issues of its International player base” in order to prolong its current lifespan… #tryingnottolaughtoomuch

If only this could be true ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• mistressani
    edited February 2018
    It for me with this discussion thread, I'm hoping that a greater awareness has been awaken on the Company's side to realise that in 2018 their International Consumers have wisen up and are no longer willing to allow the tactics they've been subjected too over the past years to work anymore - there is still hope for PWI but there's also life without PWI as well , however which way it turns depends on how they choose to go on from here . (Basically if you want our continued Support you better start giving us what we want in return it's no longer a one way flow )
  • mrmiggy#0875
    mrmiggy#0875 Posts: 17 Arc User
    It for me with this discussion thread, I'm hoping that a greater awareness has been awaken on the Company's side to realise that in 2018 their International Consumers have wisen up and are no longer willing to allow the tactics they've been subjected too over the past years to work anymore - there is still hope for PWI but there's also life without PWI as well , however which way it turns depends on how they choose to go on from here . (Basically if you want our continued Support you better start giving us what we want in return it's no longer a one way flow )

find a new game pwi is done period over 6 months ago they pull the plug ask your nearest game stop

most of us are in d3 necro better game and yes there are rules but it's a better game than pwi

new update 5th grader game
  • mistressani

find a new game pwi is done period over 6 months ago they pull the plug ask your nearest game stop

most of us are in d3 necro better game and yes there are rules but it's a better game than pwi

new update 5th grader game

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass , I'm just waiting for my old MMO friends to decide which game we're trying next together while I kill time here besides if I'm really backed up against the wall I have enough Console & App Rpgs to keep me occupied for a long time ^^
  • tek1nig
    I lose sleep waiting for a response - Thinking Today might be the day .... Only more of the same .... monkey-43.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• mistressani
    I'm giving them the alotted time frame as "requested" to see what happens next out of respect as I also have alot of Chinese friends but if nothing is forth coming after that I'm taking back my 12+ gigs for good this time.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I lose sleep waiting for a response - Thinking Today might be the day .... Only more of the same .... monkey-43.gif

If you hold your breath, I think you might die before Monday afternoon comes.
    Saturday is usually not the day. Neither is Sunday.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • chanwk
    chanwk Posts: 19 Arc User
    In this "multi clienting" messed up story, my shop-alt is suspended because in GM EdgeWater's opinion, i am not allowed to keep 1 shop to store items for the purpose of selling, instead, i should buy one account stash stone & switch items between the 8 characters of the same account. In other words, GM EdgeWater confuses shop-alt with storage-alt.
    Opinion that doesn't really make much sense at all.

1. what's the purpose of a shop-alt if not to sell/buy items etc etc?
    2. why should i buy account stash stone if i only need 1 character to use as shop?
    3. why should i store items on 8 characters of the same account if 1 character is enough?
    4. even if i do store items on 8 characters of the same account, how will i be able to set 1 shop only and make use of all items? (p.s. i must alternate those 8 characters as shops every day which is not the ideal concept of 1 shop & and neither a good use of my time)
    5. while he considers my level 100 character "not good enough to be retrieved", he agrees that level 1 shop-characters are much better......................

For as much as i tried to explain the notion of "shop-alt" to him, he remains stubborn as a bull and my account suspended due to his lack of comprehension.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    It goes beyond PWE which is recreational for me , but goods and services that have been expected to come out of China itself have been " untimely " delayed due to their New Years Celebrations but we're doing "damage control" ourselves however depending on the "urgency" it may lead to the unfortunate cancellations and out sourcing - it's just the nature of business on a whole and work ethic
  • chanwk
    @sylenthunder , better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

How do you dare to reply to your playerbase like that?

"" If you hold your breath, I think you might die before Monday afternoon comes.
    Saturday is usually not the day. Neither is Sunday.​​""

There are more appropriate replies for a Community Moderator to use, and yours is not the one.

There is a lot of frustration gathered in these players, and GMs make it worse whether they reply or not. And such a reply like yours definitely doesn't help in the right direction.

Like in my case, i don't start replying bad to GM EdgeWater because he doesn't understand what a "shop-alt" is. Each time i try to explain it properly even though i hit a wall, and i can notice his ignorance in each ticket because he definitely doesn't care at all.

But what can i do? This is PWI, GMs don't care about playerbase.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Well in Gm EdgeWater's point of veiw "maybe" he sees your shop-alt as a hindrance to PWI's direct cash shop sales which is a bit odd because any loyal Cashier who uses an Alt to sell stuff would simply Cashshop and Restock their booths when needed...perhaps they wish to go a more Pay2Play route instead who knows

Hopefully they'll understand chasing away the Free2Play gamers will in turn affect the Pay2Play gamers thus ultimately declining PWI Cash Sales.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Well in Gm EdgeWater's point of veiw "maybe" he sees your shop-alt as a hindrance to PWI's direct cash shop sales which is a bit odd because any loyal Cashier who uses an Alt to sell stuff would simply Cashshop and Restock their booths when needed...perhaps they wish to go a more Pay2Play route instead who knows

Hopefully they'll understand chasing away the Free2Play gamers will in turn affect the Pay2Play gamers thus ultimately declining PWI Cash Sales.
    Ok, I think we need to take a moment to define terms here. "Pay to play" does not describe PWI (in its current incarnation) in the slightest. The corollary to "free to play" is better described as "pay to win," because the cashers are not buying a subscription - they're buying gear, they're buying refines, they're buying war avatars or star chart items or just tons of packs.

A true P2P game would mean that you'd pay PWE, monthly, to login to the servers, and the cash shop would only contain purely cosmetic items (e.g. fashion), if anything at all. You would achieve better gear through time spent on the game, more grinding, more instance runs, etc... essentially, P2P is the opposite of P2W, and at the end of the day, it's a better MMO experience if you can stand to pay for it. Basically, you get what you pay for.

What sets PWI apart - and always has - is that Perfect World was originally designed as P2P. The original dev work was done with that in mind. It went F2P later, obviously, but the original guts of the game were still built with that mindset, and even the expansion content was (with some exceptions) done to similar standards. So PWE has one hell of an asset in PWI, and for it to withstand so many years of horrifically brain-dead decisions by the devs and PWE speaks to its quality if nothing else. Will this (and the bases) be the straw that breaks the camel's back? I don't think any of us can tell for sure, but I can definitely say that they haven't done so much wrong in such a short span of time in the game's history.
    chanwk wrote: »
    @sylenthunder , better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

How do you dare to reply to your playerbase like that?

"" If you hold your breath, I think you might die before Monday afternoon comes.
    Saturday is usually not the day. Neither is Sunday.​​""

There are more appropriate replies for a Community Moderator to use, and yours is not the one.
    Perhaps you missed his early post where he basically resigned as a moderator over this Arc issue (and rightfully so)? Under the circumstances, I'm surprised he has any **** left to give at this point. But for all intents and purposes, I assume he's not speaking as a mod anymore.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • chanwk
    edited February 2018
    @mistressani , your point is correct. GM EdgeWater was very interested in knowing if i was a cashshopper or not, which still didn't help. His advice for me was to start new and charge again, as if money grows in trees over night and i can be r9+++ in 1 day... because, yeah, why not? Giving PWI more money for items we eventually lose - only makes PWI content, but who cares about players anyways... PWI receives $$$, players receive fail pixels.