Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• strife614
    strife614 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Suspicious activity noticed on Arc? Of course you are going to notice suspicious activity on a platform that stores among other things, financial information. Just scrap development of Arc. It's ****.

Invest resources in things that make your players (customers) happy. What company actively promotes changes their customers hate and manage to stay in business? You have all this customer feedback on your product(s)/service(s) that is actively **** on an "emergency" update. Surely you must also be collecting a ton of feedback from customers who are in favor of this change?

I'd take a guess, but are the games and players that aren't screwed over by this "emergency" overhaul a larger source of revenue than PW/FW players?
    Dedaluminus+rolled+image+booty+had+me+like+_fcd1122ac83b332a4f46aba8c91b800d.gif

• fampar
    fampar Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    After read this
    @tek1nig We're having another maintenance tonight because the culprit is not stopping his attacks. If this doesn't alert you to the gravity of the situation and why we pushed Arc login in the first place, then I can't really impress upon you - or anyone - any more strongly the decision that we made last night.

Its to the point CN engineers are in for two days in a row and its incredibly frustrating for us as well.

If we allowed this culprits actions to continue the way it was going, it would have had a much larger impact than what users are experiencing now (having to log in though Arc when they were using Arc bypass)
    and this
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/profile/kalystconquerer#0876

KALYSTCONQUERER · FORUM CRAWLER · PERFECT WORLD EMPLOYEE
    We are looking into some fraudulent behavior - please be vigilant and update your passwords!

I started to worry about it, can you tell us what is happening. Our information was steal or what? Can you give us answers?

❄️《 野火烧不尽 ,春风 吹 又 生》​​❄️
  • my wife has login issues and cant get into game at all..youve killed our faction (no doubt not just ours) 2 cahers leaving until you fix this..try punishing the few instead of the many
  • my wife has login issues and cant get into game at all..youve killed our faction (no doubt not just ours) 2 cashers leaving until you fix this..try punishing the few instead of the many

• mrmiggy#0875
    mrmiggy#0875 Posts: 17 Arc User
    > @silentassassin#3379 said:
    > my wife has login issues and cant get into game at all..youve killed our faction (no doubt not just ours) 2 cahers leaving until you fix this..try punishing the few instead of the many

it's a ip banned on everyone it this sucks but they should of warn everyone but failed ,, your account is safe not banned
  • naruto1174
    naruto1174 Posts: 24 Arc User
    Many people even forgot which email they had linked to their accounts since you were not forced to use email to log-in in the past. Making opening another client harder is a pain in the pass too. Having to use a workaround makes players feel like they are violating some rule and, by first violating, you encourage them to do it again. If you are going to release such a feature, at least do it properly please.​​
    PWI Discord community creator

Click to join our PWI Discord server
    26629123377_10d428deb8_o_d.png
  • suko#2305
    suko#2305 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hell I could live without the ability to multi client if you actually just let us force log... i was disconnected and had to WAIT 10 minutes in the middle of xnw simple because you've removed the ability to force log your OWN account. it's ridiculously
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @shapoopi Alright I see! However if it comes up where people are getting banned erroneously for going through the Arc login flow and still opening these clients, then let me know.

@mistressani On this one for personal cases, you'll need to contact support and see what they can do for you. I don't speak for them on how they will handle individual things on a case by case basis.

@tek1nig This is the first of rampant DC's that I'm hearing about. I only know that we did a maintenance on Saturday and on Sunday I was able to get on Dawnglory without too many issues/ping or getting kicked off. Is this still concurring?

We'll be having a meeting later with the related disciplines to recap what's happened, and hopefully I will be able to walk out of there with something solid to communicate.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    @shapoopi Alright I see! However if it comes up where people are getting banned erroneously for going through the Arc login flow and still opening these clients, then let me know.

@mistressani On this one for personal cases, you'll need to contact support and see what they can do for you. I don't speak for them on how they will handle individual things on a case by case basis.

@tek1nig This is the first of rampant DC's that I'm hearing about. I only know that we did a maintenance on Saturday and on Sunday I was able to get on Dawnglory without too many issues/ping or getting kicked off. Is this still concurring?

We'll be having a meeting later with the related disciplines to recap what's happened, and hopefully I will be able to walk out of there with something solid to communicate.

@kalystconquerer#0876 we had 3 maintenances + DC's where we can't forcelog. Server spikes happen at least once every few days on DawnGlory.

Any word on the rest of my questions? When will multi clienting be back to normal? What was the emergency that caused all this?
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I'm not talking on a personal case by case basis I was asking one behalf of all the players who got hit by this action with little or no warning oh well it is what it is one day your company's uncaring customer service would be the death of your games
  • comrox2
    comrox2 Posts: 20 Arc User
    Forget multi-clienting - I can't even log in at all. Arc does not automatically sign me into the game.
  • celokp
    celokp Posts: 27 Arc User
    Not sure check router the pc directly link to it no issues the pc runing arc that uses wifi keeps loseing internet conection never use to do this before and its a fairly new usb wifi ? checking firewall settings maybe after arc update somethings changed ?
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    I'm going to be monitoring the progress of the maintenance now and then checking when the fix goes live. I'll come back tomorrow to address any replies I missed during this time and then (plus, I'll have to be on tomorrow anyways to run Scholarly Challenge). As always, be sure to be respectful of each other and keep the criticisms constructive and meaningful. We'll be collecting all this feedback and seeing what actionables are available for us to take, not just for now but in the future.

Of the topics of interest I'd like to collect information on will be the following -
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options
    2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

* Please note on Arc Platform Improvements these will mostly be things like - making items/packs/content to give for being in the Arc ecosystem and seeing what sorts of features are in CN's platform. I am aware there are very extensive programs and scripts that will most likely NOT be in Arc, which includes things like the "Perfect Helper".

This is a very harrowing and difficult situation for everyone involved and I hope we can not only come to a speedy resolution, but turn the overall Arc experience into something positive for users going forward.

1 Suggested number of Multi- Client Options: Personally I would like to see 3. two for characters to play the game and one for catshop plus mules for holding mats and etc.
    2) Arc Platform Improvements : Lag is so bad when you have to go through ARC fix this. Also make it where maybe you can link three accounts to one thread ( Master account) so that you can switch back and forth and not being forced into signing into ARC for each one.

I would post regarding the game it's self but you didn't ask for that so I will not.
    Thank you for all that you are doing for us, I know it seems like we are mad at you, but we are not. I would love and I am sure others as well if PWI Dev/Arc Devs would come on live and talk to us and let us talk to them either through a channel or even pick a day and time (that major players can be on) on each server that people can be on and hear what they say (not hinting at what is going on but the truth) and hear what we have to say and not just through you.
    Thank you.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Kalyst... if you do nothing else, please get us an official line on using non-Arc logins. Many of us are just trying to play the way we've always been able, and the silence from management feels like we're being treated like the culprit ourselves. That's all I ask at this juncture.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • cr8tic#1453
    cr8tic#1453 Posts: 2 Arc User
    As Ive stated in the other thread, this choice was not made lightly. Due to supicious activity being noticed on Arc accounts, we have to impliment this change for now while we get users the option to multiclient within Arc itself.

We'll be working with the devs to impliment what they have in their PGP Platform, which is an option to select multiple clients.

I hope you do get this sorted soon as being someone who has played this game for years, I’m fairly disappointed with the way this has been taken

• gharatja
    gharatja Posts: 3 Arc User
    As a PWI player active since 2008, I've endured many times over profit takers subjecting players to indignities in the course of the many changes and Expansions to the nominally F2P game and its distribution / maintenance infrastructure. After this latest atrocity, requiring Arc to login at all, at long last it's time to give it up.

I could not possibly care less about multi-client. I have 1(one) account with 2(two) active characters, and wouldn't be bothering to alter so, even without misguided countermeasures against perceived abuse. Hint: you could have simple lightweight system level scripts detecting and taking direct timely action against legitimately distinguished abuse, without so confounding the player base. But considerations like this can only fall on ears deafened by obtuse avarice.

When Arc originally came online and we were forced to either meekly install, or work around not troubling about it, I could at least appreciate that PWE couldn't have enough staff to babysit all the inept ignorant people who couldn't handle manual patching -- a more stable and reliable method I'd go back to if offered, absent the paternalism of instituting Arc.

Now this self-defeating edict, there's just no excuse.

Adios to those few who will miss my peripherality. Life goes on, until it doesn't.

g
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    so i log earlier........ and insanle less
    ahmas wrote: »
    krunke wrote: »
    ahmas wrote: »
    this is exactly how everyone was when arc first came out years ago and there was no way to bypass it back then. you had no choice but to use it and its defender. clearly they didnt lose many players then either. instead of being lazy, keep track of your own emails and passwords, write them down, thats common knowledge, wether its a game email or business, thats common knowledge! keep track of ur own stuff

Some of us started nearly a decade ago when you didn't need anything but your User ID to log in. You can't even log into the SITE to try and find out what email address you had 10 years ago- you have to have an arc code just to log into this site.

Thank you come again.

lol for one the game is only 9 years old, not over 10. 2nd, i started 7 years ago and i STILL NEEDED AN EMAIL TO CREATE THE ACCOUNT. i use a username to login, always have, but you still needed an email, there was absolutely NO WAY TO SKIP THAT. i have many in my fac that played longer and said the same, they needed an email. so everyone needs to quit lying already. i've used arc since it came out beause there was no bypass, ive changed emails 3 times on it because the websites themselves were shut down ie myway, and yahoo thanks to all the hacker ****. i never lost my game/arc/email info no matter how long i was inactive. everyone is so lazy

its 10... coz some of us played during cbt....
    many things happen during this 10 years....i already lost my main account during this past few years. coz yahoo got **** during 2014. the email im using now is prolly my 1st email since the whole yahoo hacking thing. so yeah.. from that span of time.. i doubt older players still have their main account from cbt and etc.
    Post edited by limit1#4879 on
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 The only thing that really went wrong with this update is that nothing was communicated. Same as with the Faction Contribution that went poof with the last major update. Now I am ofc talking about forcing arc on people. I know many that have a random catshop alt that was created ages ago for which they don't have the E-Mail. With a little heads-up before this clean-cut change...people might've been able to get their items from those accounts and go other to a new one/another one.

I just don't know why everything has to be so radical. People would be ways less angry and upset if there would be any communication before such a drastic change. I know, probably you guys didn't wanna alert the culprit...but still...
  • rickpwi02#8764
    rickpwi02#8764 Posts: 1 Arc User
    OK...I don't normally comment on forums but this is just stupid.

On a game that has rampant random disconnects, why add a feature that makes it take 20 minutes to get back on that account/toon?

I have been playing account tag all night because of disconnects. I can't even get thru the create new toon screen in some cases before Im disconnected again.

As for trying to do any of the big squad runs, thats just not possible. Im not gonna ask any squad to wait 20 minutes for me to get back from a disconnect.

At this point Im wondering, You did this to punish a few people who are abusing the system. So hundreds of others pay the price AND the ones you wanted to punish are likely sitting back laughing at you.

Please return the game to playable mode.
  • celokp
    celokp Posts: 27 Arc User
    evil black tooth smile you know every time i hit refresh there's a new reply to this like literally within seconds or coincidence?

I don't think this is going away pwi no matter how much you try to bury it its in world chat social media mmo websites i bet youtube so just fix it
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Eh I will wait a week or two to see what pwe does before I decided what to do
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 The only thing that really went wrong with this update is that nothing was communicated. Same as with the Faction Contribution that went poof with the last major update. Now I am ofc talking about forcing arc on people. I know many that have a random catshop alt that was created ages ago for which they don't have the E-Mail. With a little heads-up before this clean-cut change...people might've been able to get their items from those accounts and go other to a new one/another one.

I just don't know why everything has to be so radical. People would be ways less angry and upset if there would be any communication before such a drastic change. I know, probably you guys didn't wanna alert the culprit...but still...

Stop complaining for every change. Does this destroyed your plans for a new exploit arena season?

@kalystconquerer#0876 Why people got banned for using arc points on different accounts? Is any explanation?
  • yul1995
    yul1995 Posts: 4 Arc User
    I think for 1 it'll be great if you can specify the reasons for taking such measures to begin with.
    In my opinion instead of disabling the dual clienting feature just to bring it back again later AFTER losing some players and causing damage to the PWI player base, you guys should've come up with the appropriate measure to deal with the fraud behavior to begin with.
    Since it's already done,

I'd suggest to allow 2-3 clients running at the same time, without the need of using Arc.
    Or, if arc going to be obligatory, at least fix some issues like:

x) Force logging disabled
    x) The need of closing client and arc to change accounts. It's too sloppy and takes too much time.
    x) Resolve the logging into the game time frame. It can't take up to solid 5-7min to log into the game.
    x) Find a way to secure the information without using the linked emails. Some players rely on their account info only, and don't remember their emal information - but it's not an indicator of the account being stolen.

Mainly the thing that ticks me the most, is that none of the players were prepared for such rapid changes.
    Some of those affect people's decision to even play this game.
    For my taste PWI staff is far unrelated to the ingame economics to fully understand the impact those decisions have on overall playing experience.
    For future references, unless you can disclose the reasons behind such rapid changes (specifying the problem - or eliminating it personally instead of punishing the entire community); DON'T use such extreme measures.
    In my eyes, the fact you guys already discuss the new amount of dual clienting avaliable indicates that this whole chaos could've been avoided, you have just not found the right way to do it, so you approach to the most avaliable one.

Sincere advice,
    the dual clienting fix should take place in the very near future as your 1st priority (not like the arch's bridge bug that took you good few months to resolve), or you'll start witnessing unreversed damage to PWI community.
  • jsxshadow
    edited February 2018
    beast21g wrote: »

Stop complaining for every change. Does this destroyed your plans for a new exploit arena season?

@kalystconquerer#0876 Why people got banned for using arc points on different accounts? Is any explanation?

What the hell? I am not complaining at all. I am simply stating what bothers most of my friends/fac mates. I do not have an issue with the recent update in the slightest aside from a bit more needed time to login. If anything, this update benefits me greatly. Less competition in cats, no more easy price-comparison via pwcats, higher FSP-prices. Perfectly fine for me.

People get banned for abusing arc points with multiple accounts. Rightfully so.

PS: I did legit 3v3 fights on most of my chars. 1 at a time. Unlike many, many nublets that logged alts and scammed Arigora coins and season rewards. I don't know why people act as if I had ever exploited anything in this game. I never did and I never will. Stop being jealous of my 8x r9 Chars. It's called diligence. I#ve put more effort into every one of my chars than most people put into 1.

@yul1995 I recently got a hold of the true reasons behind those actions. While I am not allowed to disclose the exact reason...let me tell you this..it was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. If they didn't change what they did the entire game could've been permanently compromised. I do not exaggerate, I do not lie to you. I am dead serious. Trust me on this, it was a very needed change.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User

What the hell? I am not complaining at all. I am simply stating what bothers most of my friends/fac mates. I do not have an issue with the recent update in the slightest aside from a bit more needed time to login. If anything, this update benefits me greatly. Less competition in cats, no more easy price-comparison via pwcats, higher FSP-prices. Perfectly fine for me.

PS: I did legit 3v3 fights on most of my chars. 1 at a time. Unlike many, many nublets that logged alts and scammed Arigora coins and season rewards. I don't know why people act as if I had ever exploited anything in this game. I never did and I never will. Stop being jealous of my 8x r9 Chars. It's called diligence. I#ve put more effort into every one of my chars than most people put into 1.

@yul1995 I recently got a hold of the true reasons behind those actions. While I am not allowed to disclose the exact reason...let me tell you this..it was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. If they didn't change what they did the entire game could've been permanently compromised. I do not exaggerate, I do not lie to you. I am dead serious. Trust me on this, it was a very needed change.

As you said you did legit 3v3 on most of your chars, that means you did illegal too.
    And no i have nothing to be jealous of your 9 or 109 r9 toons.
    About Arc even if i agree with the bans, when arc point system arrived, there was no notice that you cant do quests on different accounts.
  • jsxshadow

As you said you did legit 3v3 on most of your chars, that means you did illegal too.
    And no i have nothing to be jealous of your 9 or 109 r9 toons.
    About Arc even if i agree with the bans, when arc point system arrived, there was no notice that you cant do quests on different accounts.

Huh? There was never a rule that you cannot participate with as many chars as you want in 3v3 lol, as long as it wasnt at the same did, which it wasn't in my case. Dunno why that should be illegal.

As for the arc points, true, bet it still isn't. However, people tend to go overboard and from 2 Accounts doing the quests it easily become 10 or more and yap, that's abuse. If you just have multiple characters that you've leveled geared yourself and log them at the same time..there is no harm in that. The resources you need to invest far exceed the "gain" you get for having many chars by far. There is no abuse possible just for having several character. You can participate in more events at the same time, yes, but for that you need to still put in the same effort per character that you also have to put on just one. It's more work.

That's exactly why multi-clienting isn't an issue and will never be an issue as long as you now abide to Arc.

Over 9 years of playing this game and I never, even once, broke the ToS I agreed to and probably never will. I don't cheat, I don't abuse, so please stop implying that.
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    To #2, that's not happening. Unless you mean do nothing for the platform? Which isn't exactly where I'd want to leave it.
    You really want to fix the Arc platform? Make it usable? Then make it so that whatever nebulous "security feature" it's supposed to provide works in the background, with a single process, and otherwise gets out of our way.

That means no launcher, no landing screen with news we could've easily gotten on the launcher or website if we wanted it, no constant reminders of other PWE games we don't care about, no chat, no defender, no "browser," no popup notifications in-game, and absolutely nothing else unless the user specifically requests it. At the very least, make it possible to opt-out of all of the above. Remove all running processes except whichever one is specifically facilitating the pass-through login functionality. Then fix it to allow multiclienting as you're currently planning to, and that's it.

Dispense with all talk of "exclusives," a distinction which means nothing as long as you're forcing everyone to use Arc anyway.

And finally, we need transparency from PWE on what specifically is the rationale for forcing Arc, what security features are supposedly provided (no, Arc Defender is not a feature), and why PWE management really - in words more substantial than "security features designed to protect your account" - felt it necessary to force an otherwise-unnecessary complication on a completely harmless method of launching the game (notwithstanding what one culprit might have done with it).

I would agree with greenfire and all others using this "no arc" logo but honestly lose all my faith in see my favorite game in their playable style return again. All this story about a evil mind planning ruin pwi and pwi need force all their playbase move to ARC sound absolutelly fake (not ur fault, Kalist), a excuse to realize this move. After all, who is the 'culprit' and what really he/she want?

Someone pages of discussion back sugest one crowfunding to put PWI out of ARC. Maybe a good way is still a crowfunding and buy all database of servers and install it in a private server. #Dream On!

Kalist: when I mentioned previously about "keep like as before" is not that useless rule of 2, but people can keep how many they want. I played PWI in Raging Tide server since 2011 and I never remembered any notification forbidden access because server full in all this years (for comparation, that was standard in brazilian servers when I played before). Bots and people exploiting JoJ never would a problem if PWI had GMs working in servers.

Also, only thing I see usable for ARC was that "arc games" where some people exploit to free gold and was for itself a source of problems.

Some people in this thread argue some players need "behave under certain rules" like play only with 1 or 2 toons, or even acept fact PWE is a company and need make some profit and because it is fair decrease ways to people farm ingame, all those ignore diversity of people meet ingame, how they meet fun ingame and reasons they keep playing and waste their time and money with it. Company also forget it and seems forget recent acusations of other game companies for abuse with P2P.

While people are here in foruns complaint, arguing, blaming, they show still love this game and still want continue playing for more and more years (no one here in foruns say start to play last year, are all old players). PWI would consider it. Unless, of course, really want kill game and all old players are one issue to put away.

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    @jsxshadow Communication to the player base has ALWAYS been a major issues. When kalyst became GM she said she would post regularly and communicate more etc etc and that, as predicted, hasn't really happened. While she does reply to posts she chooses to reply to, its never to the point and an answer given. It always seems to be a little cryptic of half answered. I dont blame her though as shes taken on more than she can handle.

I just cant figure out why its so difficult for PWI to spend 5 mins typing a post to say all faction merit will be removed in the upcoming expansion so use the next 2-3 weeks to spend it etc before the patch. If they keep shafting the player base like they are, there will be no one left.

Et server in terms of player base was already really weak.. So many near end games have left in the past week that our biggest faction is no longer xTW or TW mandatory as there isn't the numbers (They did buy a lot of other peoples toons so its no surprise tbh they cant log them in). The buying and selling of accounts is what kept this game active to a certain degree. Why spent months of months and thousands of dollars getting to a competitive level when you spend a few hundred on a toon already nearly there. It keeps the game going..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    valdisman wrote: »
    The buying and selling of accounts is what kept this game active to a certain degree. Why spent months of months and thousands of dollars getting to a competitive level when you spend a few hundred on a toon already nearly there. It keeps the game going..

I never buy or sell or even share my accounts, but know some factions have a considerable part of their members as purchased / shareable accounts.

Can wonder PWE decide clean it and ban around half (or more) from endgame players still active? Maybe a good idea as a final shoot before shut down game. Or if really they care with PWI and still want keep this long lived game on, organize and regulate way to people trade and share accounts not sound bad [Still yet no one touch in my accounts].
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Ive never needed to do this as I can just charge when I want and buy what I want. I understand though the majority of player base cant / wont do this because it as afterall, supposed to be a f2p, so it makes sense for them to buy one so they can enjoy the game for what it is, which is a pay to win pvp orientated mmo.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.