Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    China people done yet? Has the issue been addressed? What percentage done are they if they aren't fully done?

@kalystconquerer#0876​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    i bet there will be charge reward after maintenance..=100% done.. the problem = 0.01% chance... of being done.. i like packs.
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    it's so funny how the lack of catshop alts are affecting the way your F2P playing base sees the game it's almost impossible to get TT mats to make your gears now and squad forming has even now become a greater task
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    I didn't log in since this whole thing started. I give it till next maintenance to reverse this **** untill I delete pwi folder for good.
    But I dont have much hope, given pw's history of never given a damn what players actually want
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    scruncy wrote: »
    I didn't log in since this whole thing started. I give it till next maintenance to reverse this **** untill I delete pwi folder for good.
    But I dont have much hope, given pw's history of never given a damn what players actually want

Its because they are a business. Money is all that matters to them hense the shift from f2p to almost HAVING to p2p if youre a new or returning player.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • scruncy
    a company that doesnt care what their costumers want is soon a company out of buisness.
  • ankfaearie
    ankfaearie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Why headache about multiclient?
    CTRL+ALT+DEL and use task manager to end 1x Arc and log in a second account through arc is permitted by pwi.
    As long as you log in on Arc there is no problem…!
    Presumably PWI does this to prevent that you log in to others account or abuse it. To be honest they will have a good reason.
    Thousands of websites worldwide have been hijacked today.
    Be happy that pwi takes actions to protect your account.
    If you can’t login because arc code injection disable your spamfilter or look on webmail to receive your code.
    Don't tell bs about forgot e-mail...GG
    Stop with qqq, it's for your safety…!
  • valdisman
    scruncy wrote: »
    a company that doesnt care what their costumers want is soon a company out of buisness.

Its how its always been. Almost every player on every server is surprised at how PWI is still going and that's in part to the few heavy CSers. Without them the game would have been dead a long time ago.

I've always looked at it like this. Its a MMORPG with not a single mention anywhere at any Gaming Con or Comic Con. They only merch they gave away was that anni plush stuff a few years ago (which I still never received). A game that is apparently popular and doing well for itself wouldn't be confined to only its FB groups and Arc platform..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • tek1nig
    Hopefully we here some news this day @kalystconquerer#0876 ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    There is no any proof. They don't want to tell something. It is a fake reason, I guess. They always wanted to make ARC more popular. Nice try, PWE.
  • bartmanman
    bartmanman Posts: 8 Arc User
    There is no any proof. They don't want to tell something. It is a fake reason, I guess. They always wanted to make ARC more popular. Nice try, PWE.

where are the gms at??? still hiding?? banning people ips from pwi so you forced them to play the new game you this promoted great work pwi

too bad I refuse to play that new game so I'm going to Diablo 3 since the nercomancer is back

• ahmas
    ahmas Posts: 24 Arc User
    krunke wrote: »
    ahmas wrote: »
    this is exactly how everyone was when arc first came out years ago and there was no way to bypass it back then. you had no choice but to use it and its defender. clearly they didnt lose many players then either. instead of being lazy, keep track of your own emails and passwords, write them down, thats common knowledge, wether its a game email or business, thats common knowledge! keep track of ur own stuff

Some of us started nearly a decade ago when you didn't need anything but your User ID to log in. You can't even log into the SITE to try and find out what email address you had 10 years ago- you have to have an arc code just to log into this site.

Thank you come again.

lol for one the game is only 9 years old, not over 10. 2nd, i started 7 years ago and i STILL NEEDED AN EMAIL TO CREATE THE ACCOUNT. i use a username to login, always have, but you still needed an email, there was absolutely NO WAY TO SKIP THAT. i have many in my fac that played longer and said the same, they needed an email. so everyone needs to quit lying already. i've used arc since it came out beause there was no bypass, ive changed emails 3 times on it because the websites themselves were shut down ie myway, and yahoo thanks to all the hacker ****. i never lost my game/arc/email info no matter how long i was inactive. everyone is so lazy
    "Homicidal Elf" - Sir_Willie

Sage "JEDI" Cleric
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    it's so funny how the lack of catshop alts are affecting the way your F2P playing base sees the game it's almost impossible to get TT mats to make your gears now and squad forming has even now become a greater task

Why is it impossible to get TT mats? Just do some TT runs to get mats. Problem solved.
  • ahmas
    ahmas Posts: 24 Arc User
    now @kalystconquerer#0876​​ people are saying theyre getting banned now after using task manager to multi client through ARC. is that true? sorry but i just dont trust half my server, and ive seen many get banned and claim there was never a reason. a real gm's word will confirm
    "Homicidal Elf" - Sir_Willie

Sage "JEDI" Cleric
  • valdisman
    lol for one the game is only 9 years old, not over 10. 2nd, i started 7 years ago and i STILL NEEDED AN EMAIL TO CREATE THE ACCOUNT. i use a username to login, always have, but you still needed an email, there was absolutely NO WAY TO SKIP THAT. i have many in my fac that played longer and said the same, they needed an email. so everyone needs to quit lying already. i've used arc since it came out beause there was no bypass, ive changed emails 3 times on it because the websites themselves were shut down ie myway, and yahoo thanks to all the hacker ****. i never lost my game/arc/email info no matter how long i was inactive. everyone is so lazy

Ive had the same info for 9 years. Last time I used my email for anything PWI related was when Arc defender came out. Everything else I have saved and logged in ie website, Arc. I always used client shortcut to log into the game and never needed my email. I can completely understand why people would lose access to those emails or information as it was never needed. All you needed was username and pass to log into PWI.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • cyberomega2012
    cyberomega2012 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    now @kalystconquerer#0876​​ people are saying theyre getting banned now after using task manager to multi client through ARC. is that true? sorry but i just dont trust half my server, and ive seen many get banned and claim there was never a reason. a real gm's word will confirm

More than duel clienting is bannable.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/713437/new-multi-clienting-policy-updated-4-6-2011

You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

*Note: Excessive account creation has been and will continued to be pursued. Provided you did not abuse this before, you should have nothing to worry about.

You may only play on two characters at the same time. They can both level up OR one can level up while the other is a vendor alt OR both can be vendor alts.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2018

I have this same question as well. For how the system works now. You are forced to kill arc in order to launch another arc.
    In my case I barely play this game now, but still usually left a catshop open + a character in meditation while I am at work, so I am not breaking any multi client rule i think. However since we are forced to kill arc to launch the second account, I am not sure if that is against the rules.

Any info regard this @kalystconquerer#0876 ?

• bartmanman
    bartmanman Posts: 8 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »

they this banned ips not accounts I try to join another games on here and still banned ip, if your account is banned it would say so with a timer or say can't be play again, ain't about emails period

I went on my friend computer and was on last night so I know for a fact accounts ain't banned
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    The current two client rule is still in affect. I've been hearing reports that it's possible to multi-client under the new fix, but this still means you are going through Arc login. Multi-clienting during this time period should not get you in trouble, since we have acknowledged that this side affect of requiring Arc login is hampering the ability of the widely circulated practice of multi-clienting.

that's not true
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    jadasia wrote: »

Why is it impossible to get TT mats? Just do some TT runs to get mats. Problem solved.

I don't need for myself actually , I'm just monitoring the current catshop and AH content on my server also watching the types of WC squads being formed - I'm just observing that with each new update/twek this game becomes less and less user friendly to both new and f2p players

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    zeevhaora wrote: »
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options

Keep it like as before.

2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

Exclude and forget it.

^ this

To #2, that's not happening. Unless you mean do nothing for the platform? Which isn't exactly where I'd want to leave it.

@shapoopi Which part is not true? I myself have not heard of players getting banned between this recent update and now for multi-clienting, however I know a day has passed on EU's side so I have no visibility on their end. If this is the case, please let me know and I'll look into it.

And since I should clarify : saying that we allow mulit-clienting is the understood upper limit that's currently set in place. Though some will say the more correct term is dual-clienting since our current policy is 2. I'll still be using the word "multi-clienting" for the purposes of "having more than 1 client open at any one time on one computer", but please observe the current upper limit we have in place and that the word "multi-clienting" does not mean explicitly allowing more than 2.
  • scruncy

Keep it like as before.

Exclude and forget it.

^ this

To #2, that's not happening. Unless you mean do nothing for the platform? Which isn't exactly where I'd want to leave it.

Funny thing is that NOBODY wants/likes or needs your arc.
  • mistressani
    @ Kalystconquerer - so basically what you're saying in laymens terms is that " dual clinteting " would only now be allowed via logining into Arc , and owing to Arc Defender kicking in only those accounts which we have access to the e-mail accounts would be recognized , hence we'll no longer have access too/ be able too login accounts which were once given to us by friends who have long quitted playing and which we don't have access to that e-mail

If this be the case can I request a 24hrs grace period so those us who have such Shared accounts as Catshops/Spoues/Farming Alts to retrive our things?
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User

Keep it like as before.

Exclude and forget it.

^ this

@shapoopi Which part is not true? I myself have not heard of players getting banned between this recent update and now for multi-clienting, however I know a day has passed on EU's side so I have no visibility on their end. If this is the case, please let me know and I'll look into it.

And since I should clarify : saying that we allow mulit-clienting is the understood upper limit that's currently set in place. Though some will say the more correct term is dual-clienting since our current policy is 2. I'll still be using the word "multi-clienting" for the purposes of "having more than 1 client open at any one time on one computer", but please observe the current upper limit we have in place and that the word "multi-clienting" does not mean explicitly allowing more than 2.

Good morning @kalystconquerer#0876 i meant what ahmas said was not true, that players getting banned for using the new way for multi client and i quote for him what you said and that we will not be in trouble !!

• p6211
    p6211 Posts: 1 Arc User
    tbh, we have put up with this kind of mismanagement for ten years. We have stuck it out, minded our business, bit tongues and hoped for the best outcome. but i have to say, with this last expansion ( not just the glitches, but the actual expansion ) makes me want to finally quit once and for all.
    As always, i will stick it our as long as I can. Who knows, maybe they really DO have a plan, we will see...
    Either way, I was here in the beginning of the game, I will be here to the end...which approaches quickly.

UubDeviant/Lost City forever!
  • fampar
    fampar Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    dat1guyy wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer

Is this patch a permanent thing or just until the issue with Arc is solved? What can we expect in the next few days or weeks?

It's a good question (time)
    The Title says "Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled" but when PWI gonna say When this "temporarily" gonna be fixed I mean in days , moths, years?
    bself23 wrote: »
    Been on pwi for many years now. but for now, I think ill go play another game until this mess is fixed....
    Yeah , this is what I 'm doing atm. Waiting for this thing gonna be fixed.

❄️《 野火烧不尽 ,春风 吹 又 生》​​❄️
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    You really want to fix the Arc platform? Make it usable? Then make it so that whatever nebulous "security feature" it's supposed to provide works in the background, with a single process, and otherwise gets out of our way.

That means no launcher, no landing screen with news we could've easily gotten on the launcher or website if we wanted it, no constant reminders of other PWE games we don't care about, no chat, no defender, no "browser," no popup notifications in-game, and absolutely nothing else unless the user specifically requests it. At the very least, make it possible to opt-out of all of the above. Remove all running processes except whichever one is specifically facilitating the pass-through login functionality. Then fix it to allow multiclienting as you're currently planning to, and that's it.

Dispense with all talk of "exclusives," a distinction which means nothing as long as you're forcing everyone to use Arc anyway.

And finally, we need transparency from PWE on what specifically is the rationale for forcing Arc, what security features are supposedly provided (no, Arc Defender is not a feature), and why PWE management really - in words more substantial than "security features designed to protect your account" - felt it necessary to force an otherwise-unnecessary complication on a completely harmless method of launching the game (notwithstanding what one culprit might have done with it).
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • tek1nig
    Still no response as to when this madness ends? monkey-5.gif

To those touting "2 clients only" That has never been a rule - only a guideline for many years to help players understand they don't want you spam creating accounts.

This was always understood this way, somehow with this new generation of players and CM included everyone is screaming 2 clients only.This also applies to more than 2 in a household because if it isn't obvious by now, people generally have their close family play with them as well.

Firstly this is not even the issue @kalystconquerer#0876 , The issue is that you have yet to give a clear response as to what exactly is going on - what exactly is compromised. The game is unplayable in its current state you can't even force log from the rampant DC's that occur on the EU server.

This entire situation is disgusting and I am waiting for an announcement akin to "WE'VE ADDRESSED THE PROBLEM". We want updates pertaining to the situation at hand please make this a top Priority.
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• fampar
    fampar Posts: 16 Arc User
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Still no response as to when this madness ends? monkey-5.gif

To those touting "2 clients only" That has never been a rule - only a guideline for many years to help players understand they don't want you spam creating accounts.

This was always understood this way, somehow with this new generation of players and CM included everyone is screaming 2 clients only.This also applies to more than 2 in a household because if it isn't obvious by now, people generally have their close family play with them as well.

Firstly this is not even the issue @kalystconquerer#0876 , The issue is that you have yet to give a clear response as to what exactly is going on - what exactly is compromised. The game is unplayable in its current state you can't even force log from the rampant DC's that occur on the EU server.

This entire situation is disgusting and I am waiting for an announcement akin to "WE'VE ADDRESSED THE PROBLEM". We want updates pertaining to the situation at hand please make this a top Priority.
    ​​

Agree, we want an official announcement, with updates about what are you doing atm in oreder to fix all this mess
    ❄️《 野火烧不尽 ,春风 吹 又 生》​​❄️