ARC DEFENDER

So.. to log on ARC that's got that defender thing, you need to know the email address for the account. If you don't know the email address for the account, you need to file a ticket. In order to file a ticket, you need to log on the pwi website. In order to log on the pwi website, you need to go through ARC DEFENDER.... o.O so... um.. you can't file a ticket. GG PWI

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Submit a ticket via email.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    You can try contacting them through mail at customerservice@perfectworld.com
    Though I'm not sure if they still check mails.
    ​​
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    yea.. i don't remember the email address of the account i'm trying to log on..
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    You can use a different e-mail address to send them an e-mail.​​
  • laimizzz
    laimizzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    cant login at all trough arc or not still cant log in
    dont know what to do
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    how you can own an account and you dont know your email adress? Seriously its not PWI fault if you dont know or you forgot your email, thats your responsibility
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »
    how you can own an account and you dont know your email adress? Seriously its not PWI fault if you dont know or you forgot your email, thats your responsibility

I believe it's because old accounts use a screen name rather than a mail to log in.
    Example:

"CookiesAreGood" rather than "CookiesAreGood@mail.com"

I have one myself like that, and I can access the account with just a name, while my mail is completely different.
    Now, to access this kind of account through arc, you need to verify it's you with arcdefender, which means you get a mail with a code. And here's where the problem is. You won't be able to access the account if you don't remember your mail (or it has been deleted) and read that code.

And so, people are being locked out of their accounts because of that.

• memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Think you are correct ailiadrake. My main started early 2010 didnt need email to log in. MY alt account was requested to use my email and I can log into both. But still can not be on at same time eg. 1 for catshop.
  • ony180
    ony180 Posts: 7 Arc User

Please tell me the name of a throw away email you had in 2002? exactly you can't, and that's what these people are complaining about, its not an email address they use currently
  • beast21g
    edited February 2018
    ony180 wrote: »

Please tell me the name of a throw away email you had in 2002? exactly you can't, and that's what these people are complaining about, its not an email address they use currently

i dont change email adress every day, so yeah i use an email client such outlook or thunderbird or any other to have stored all my email accounts. Could be stupid but i have over 20 email for personal/business and etc
    ailiadrake wrote: »

I believe it's because old accounts use a screen name rather than a mail to log in.
    Example:

"CookiesAreGood" rather than "CookiesAreGood@mail.com"

I have one myself like that, and I can access the account with just a name, while my mail is completely different.
    Now, to access this kind of account through arc, you need to verify it's you with arcdefender, which means you get a mail with a code. And here's where the problem is. You won't be able to access the account if you don't remember your mail (or it has been deleted) and read that code.

And so, people are being locked out of their accounts because of that.

yes but was option to setup your email adress on your profile since back then.
    if people didnt do it its their fault.
    But for these people after proving ownership they will have a solution.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Not making a excuse up here, but on one account that I made like 8 years ago, I did have it written down and guess what I never used the email for a long long time. The email I created specifically at that time was for a account for this game. So due to not having a mental implant of the email and password it was lost in my memory banks lol. But, back to it being written down, Oh yeah I spilt Coffee on that pad of paper lmao, and guess what, adds up to a lost email, pass. Would not say That I was a fool, or idiot, Life happened tahts what.
  • beast21g
    8 years ago we had 2010 so USB flash drives was on the market. I guess making a txt file and store emails and passwords wasnt high priority. But yes on your option was bad luck. But you should contact in that time with customer support and check your options.
  • wettstyle
    Yeah, could of used flash drives, never had used one once at that point:). That account is gone forever like a star that imploded ... no biggy really, but for another maybe a biggy!. Just wanted to share a real experience not a fabrication, cuz I bet there are others that life has thrown a curve ball at.
  • kirstiein
    kirstiein Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Just turn off arc defender then you dont have an issue. Go to little cog icon at top right cornor of arc, general, then general tab, and click diable arc defender. Done!
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • wettstyle
    I turned mine on after being off like forever!. I thought that they said arc defender was now mandatory.. Oops my bad, lmao.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    kirstiein wrote: »
    Just turn off arc defender then you dont have an issue. Go to little cog icon at top right cornor of arc, general, then general tab, and click diable arc defender. Done!

But you have to do that for each account and if you don't know your email or don't have access to that email it won't work! You will need it for first time log in to arc, then you can disable. PWI screwed the pooch on this. There should have been proper warning.

• prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Yes, when people made their accounts in 2008, they should have known PWI would add arc defender and you'd have to use your email to access game. Damn idiots had no foresight.

They were so stupid using temporary emails so they can save their main emails from spam!
    m5arXCN.png
  • kirstiein
    kirstiein Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    shimarra wrote: »
    kirstiein wrote: »

But you have to do that for each account and if you don't know your email or don't have access to that email it won't work! You will need it for first time log in to arc, then you can disable. PWI screwed the pooch on this. There should have been proper warning.

You don't have to disable for each account you open. You only need to do it once on the program itself. How about creating a new account with an email you have access to, you can create a new email as well for this. Once you can log onto arc you can turn off arc defender and log into your actual account. I believe you can also turn it off when you first download it. If you don't want to create new account, just uninstall arc, make sure you click no when it askes if you want to uninstall games that use arc. After you uninstall arc run ccleaner and get rid of the system files, restart you pc, and then reinstall and pay attention when the prompts come up, don't just click blindly. They may have made it so you cant turn it off when installing with this new update, but I know it worked prior because I had to reinstall after a virus corrupted arc, a few weeks before this update.

Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)