Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    The only foreseenable future outcome of this is eventually a Mass Server Merge due to the lack of player base then the announcement that PWE has decided to shut down it's PWI Servers owing to no longer being seen as a profitable business venture when the Cash Shoppers catch on and stop spending it would take some time but it's coming
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Whats the hold up? Please give us an ETA as to when this "Temporary Change" will be rolled back. This is hurting the community on a grandiose scale.

The community is triggered and it just has me thinking back to your statement of how you all Weighed your options and thought this was best...

Just seems a bit short-sighted to me. This needs to be rolled back as fast as possible. There are players cross-server who weren't able to even participate in any event xTW / TW today because database file issues where they aren't even listed on their own Arc account. I imagine your customer support is getting quite a few tickets on that issue in particular as I sent waves their way and that's just from my circle of people I know personally.

Please do not let this stagnate - because the longer your wait the more the "forum using" part of the community will continue to corrupt these forums with useless theories all the while justifying this atrocity while minimizing the impact of it all.

normal-5.giftiger-6.gifpig-6.gifbear-6.gifmonkey-6.giffox-6.gifmouse-5.giffish-10.gifegg-3.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @tek1nig We're having another maintenance tonight because the culprit is not stopping his attacks. If this doesn't alert you to the gravity of the situation and why we pushed Arc login in the first place, then I can't really impress upon you - or anyone - any more strongly the decision that we made last night.

Its to the point CN engineers are in for two days in a row and its incredibly frustrating for us as well.

If we allowed this culprits actions to continue the way it was going, it would have had a much larger impact than what users are experiencing now (having to log in though Arc when they were using Arc bypass)
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 1 Arc User
    @tek1nig We're having another maintenance tonight because the culprit is not stopping his attacks. If this doesn't alert you to the gravity of the situation and why we pushed Arc login in the first place, then I can't really impress upon you - or anyone - any more strongly the decision that we made last night.

Its to the point CN engineers are in for two days in a row and its incredibly frustrating for us as well.

If we allowed this culprits actions to continue the way it was going, it would have had a much larger impact than what users are experiencing now (having to log in though Arc when they were using Arc bypass)

why the hell you guys dont IP ban the guy if you know who the culprit is? if this is PWI-centric why is forsaken world being affected by it, cuz let me tell you pwe cant be **** to give us any info
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Comeon a guy that can cause so much trouble for the servers u rlly think a simple IP ban gonna stop them?
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Sound's like a rogue you know what o.o, or the catchmeifyoucan site
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User

As long as (what I guess we're now calling) the Arc bypass does return, and we can get the full story of the culprit's actions once the exploit they are using is patched up, then all related to this will be forgiven as far as I'm concerned.

But from your previous posts, the language you've been using seems designed to rule out the return of the Arc bypass as a possibility (focusing on platform improvements which wouldn't be necessary if we could just avoid it, floating "exclusives" which only exclude people who don't use Arc), and then especially this line:
    There is nothing wrong with the platform itself (like a flaw) so much that users are circumventing the Arc ecosystem in general, and having been doing so for years in PWI.

The best possible way I can interpret that is "people are using an exploit," (and hell, we don't always use the best wording when we're stressed out and way after hours) but I reeeeally have to stretch my imagination for that one. It really reads like the Arc bypass in general is being seen as "circumvention" and treated as such. After 24+ hours, all you needed to say was "guys, we're not removing or restricting any functionality unless it's directly related to the perp's actions, and if it is, then we'll find an alternative solution that isn't Arc."

It's super simple stuff. You already did it quite successfully with the multiclienting. I believe you on that, I have no doubt at this point it's coming back. So a lack of such assurance on the Arc bypass is profoundly discomforting.

We - most of us anyway - can deal with inconvenience. I downloaded an Arc client for the first time in years today, and if it actually was working for me at this point, I'd be happy to deal with it for a limited time, as long as I know it is a limited time. That's me meeting PWE halfway.

Related: Is anyone else immediately getting DC'd on login every time? I can barely do my daily sign-ins on the machine I put Arc on (and it's no piece-of-**** machine either). The server pings/traces fine, it just gives me infinite lag practically the second I login. The game is literally unplayable for me right now.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • ohnohz
    ohnohz Posts: 30 Arc User
    In the light of the recent limitations and that omnious evil person that do secret and unspeakable things , can we cast this aside please and move on to the question why pwi is discontinue offering account stash stones in the shop ? How anti customer friendly can this game become ? Are you at war with your paying clients or whats going on ?

• laela#2057
    laela#2057 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Whenever or whatever you do to fix this, please make it so we can still log in on the log in page of the game. I have dc'ed 14 times today and every time i have to sit and wait. Can't force log or log back in from the page, have to close it all out and pull arc back up again. its really annoying on an already annoying situation to begin with.
  • banks4ds
    banks4ds Posts: 41 Arc User
    I absolutely, positively "REFUSE" to use Arc and in particular to be forced to use the bloatware ARC! I was one month to the day away from playing this game for 9 continuous years on my main account. The email address I used to create the account was long ago inactive and can not be accessed even if I wanted to be forced through ARC! "DO NOT" tell me to add my problem on a ticket with the 100s++ I am sure the overwhelmed Support Group is getting! I have also moved since then so obviously have a different IP address. Not to mention sending all my personal info to some unknown support person is "NEVER" going to happen. And, as I stated I will "NEVER" use Arc!

My main toon is(now was) the leader of a Faction and I can't even get on game to tell the members "ANYTHING" as to why I am not there! All though with this PWI self-inflicted shot in the foot, many will be gone as well and the few that are using ARC to log, will figure it out. All the friends and relationships built in the game are now impossible to reach except the few I have an email or number to reach.

It is a shame that all the work, effort and friendships are gone without even the slightest warning. It was a good run but it is sad that it came to such an abrupt halt!

Good-bye PWI, Good-bye friends, I will miss you all! :(:'(:'(
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 some of us do understand why you had to do this. Ever since you become the CM we knew you would make reasonable decisions, since you are a player as well. I bet you wouldnt even login via arc yourself if you didnt have to xD

The only thing remains is the curiosity..we know someone was messing around big time and we believe you when you say the impact is massive..but we do not know in which regard. Was the culprit exploiting something to get unlimited gold? Did the culprit gain access to user accounts? Are you even allowed to tell us? If not, you can tell us that. No problemo and good luck with this spam of comments ane rage. Everyone acts like spoiled brats, really.

I am working in support myself and I know how it feels when people rage and you wanna help them, but the issue is simply not something you can present by yourself and especially not immidiately. Don't give up. What this game really needs is for you to not get bullied out of your jobs as so many before you. We NEED you!
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    this arc multiclient thing sucks, on my main account, i dc cant boot myself to get in
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    i see this is what i get i load gold then cant login after a dc...
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Hey Kalyst,

thanks a lot for the update.
    Same as Joe (jsxshadow) stated out, it would be nice to get the further information about this issue or even that you are not allow to telling us any details about it. This may also lead to more understanding about current situation and supporting your taken activities.

Cheers,

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 some of us do understand why you had to do this. Ever since you become the CM we knew you would make reasonable decisions, since you are a player as well. I bet you wouldnt even login via arc yourself if you didnt have to xD

The only thing remains is the curiosity..we know someone was messing around big time and we believe you when you say the impact is massive..but we do not know in which regard. Was the culprit exploiting something to get unlimited gold? Did the culprit gain access to user accounts? Are you even allowed to tell us? If not, you can tell us that. No problemo and good luck with this spam of comments ane rage. Everyone acts like spoiled brats, really.

I am working in support myself and I know how it feels when people rage and you wanna help them, but the issue is simply not something you can present by yourself and especially not immidiately. Don't give up. What this game really needs is for you to not get bullied out of your jobs as so many before you. We NEED you!

I asked her for clarification the other day and she hasn't given any.

Its a case of shes trying to be and GM AND,so say, listen and be friendly to the player base, you cant be both in PWI as its unheard of. If she does end up listening and being more involved with the player base, then she will become overwhelmed as it will be her alone as the rest of PWI staff don't venture into that aspect of the game.

How 1 person can cause all this trouble for PWI shows you how unprepared and sort of clueless they are. You'd think this would be something that would never happen when trying to run an online MMO as server and data protection should be one of the main issues you work to prevent constantly.

@kalystconquerer#0876 If you want to help the players, tell us what is going on and we in turn can help you by leaving you alone as we'll have the answers we need/want.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    You're telling me "one person" is responsible for causing all this ? Just exactly how much of your player base did you risk loosing within the last 24hrs over "one person"? Back when PWI was being affected by the Russians the matter was dealt with more efficiently than this sorry to say
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    So now people got banned using Arc points in more than one 1 account?
    Realy? where is the clarification when arc points were anounced?
    You banned person for doing quests in 2-3 accounts and other people with 200 arc accounts goes free cause they cash also?
  • alexataylor
    alexataylor Posts: 8 Arc User
    So I'm not sure if this was brought up or if it's just a problem I'm having, but I can't actually log in to play the game even when I log through arc. I get to the usual screen to choose the server and it asks me to log in again and then takes like 45 seconds before it tells me it disconnected. Is anyone else having the same issue? Or am I doing something wrong?
  • jacenty#4580
    jacenty#4580 Posts: 19 Arc User
    GG i cant even log in my main coz i got DC while i was paling. To enter the game i must log in with f.. kin arc so i must first log in arc then click play on pather coz i cant long normaly. Becouse it says logining in to game then i says diconected. But if i got dc in game, game see me still online. So i cant use force log in becouse arc log me in directly when i choice server so i only see msg yours acount is already loged in. So im simply f ..ked.End we ware in last boss in DUP. Awsome move with those arc.
  • n3w1ds
    n3w1ds Posts: 11 Arc User
    I used to run this game on one of my old XP machines when the partner was using my newer machine.
    ARC doesn't work on WINDOWS XP, thanks to some dev's who couldn't be bothered keeping it compatible.
    What about those who can't afford the $100 to upgrade their WIndows XP machines, seems it is a sweet FU, to them.
    We aren't all wealthy and looking at statistics a huge number of people still use Windows XP.
    Comon' dev's, don't be so lazy and fix Arc to work on XP.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User

Thank you for the update. It wasn't quite clear with the previous information that was given which was mere conjecture, not clear and as mentioned earlier the wording you previously used made it sound like things weren't going to go back to normal.

Ok I'll wait patiently just please do your best to give us a nightly update of some sort so we can continue to update our guilds on the situation. monkey-27.gif
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • deceivingtruth
    deceivingtruth Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm going to be monitoring the progress of the maintenance now and then checking when the fix goes live. I'll come back tomorrow to address any replies I missed during this time and then (plus, I'll have to be on tomorrow anyways to run Scholarly Challenge). As always, be sure to be respectful of each other and keep the criticisms constructive and meaningful. We'll be collecting all this feedback and seeing what actionables are available for us to take, not just for now but in the future.

Of the topics of interest I'd like to collect information on will be the following -
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options
    2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

* Please note on Arc Platform Improvements these will mostly be things like - making items/packs/content to give for being in the Arc ecosystem and seeing what sorts of features are in CN's platform. I am aware there are very extensive programs and scripts that will most likely NOT be in Arc, which includes things like the "Perfect Helper".

This is a very harrowing and difficult situation for everyone involved and I hope we can not only come to a speedy resolution, but turn the overall Arc experience into something positive for users going forward.

1. Multi-Client Option: Unlimited.
    the way i see it, people who have money spend that. people who have time spend that. people who have good PC use that. people who share playing the game with family and friends use that. life aint fair, not everyone borned rich XD. so if someone is using what he/she have for their advantage that is not a crime. some people abuse that in a way that cut out the work of other people, i get that. but lets not punish those who done nothing wrong. PWI gave an open multi-account/client policy for years. i myself have 2. people used that and worked those accounts' characters for years. it aint gonna feel "good" to see years of your work, time and money deleted , just like that. but if u have to limit it, then the least is to consider allowing those people to merge their accounts in the said limit. so atleast they wont lose their years of investment in the game.

2. Arc Platform:
    a- when starting the client through Arc, it will have Arc's services kinda built-in. that uses a bit of the PC memory. not everyone have a good PC, so if there is a way to let the user disable or limit/choose what services would be attached to the client.

b- the ability to shutdown Arc after starting the game, since its already, to a limit, gonna be built in the client. with these 2 points hope we get to a similar ground that of a Arc-bypass login.

c- through Arc friend system, let people have the option to grant friend/s of their choosing the use of their account in certain game/s (maybe limited number). some families have more than 1 playing the game, it aint weird if they kinda shared their accounts now and then. or for a simple picture, i have 2 accounts. so i can log both through any account. that would be convenient for players and also help monitoring/limit any suspisious behavior, atleast i think so.

d- allow Arc to login to other "certain" different account/s. (actualy, this is kinda in point c, but let me put here too).

in another note, i know this aint the place. but anyway...
    in the new faction system, as far as i know, u can only gain chivalry points if you are in a squad with another member. i understand that would work to strengthen the game community in ways. but if could, let it be that u get more the more faction's members in squad with you, but u still can score some as an individual. the reason i say that is sometime u just wanna be on your own some other times u wanna do the stuff with other factions' members who are still friends. lets not turn it in some kind of "nationalisem" (i dont know if i spilled it right) ground, where u either with or against XD.

in the end, those are just ideas. i do not know for sure if they are 100% right or wrong or even applicable. but here they are anyway.

best of lucks for all of us and have a nice day all.
  • mondstein2503
    mondstein2503 Posts: 1 Arc User
    ehrm ,

i get one Account. Playing include the Beta so i used the normal way with elementclient.exe
    Ok Yesterday i install Arc to Play. all fine without microbuffering so ok i think hm is arc.

Best part today in the morning!
    I will start, Arc has an problem, so start repair. Start PWI don´t connect.
    Ok i kill arc, relog, will play, Arc has an failure.

After is locking whats wrong, my Bitdefender ( my sentense the best AV near Sophos) killed all Arc.exe include elemtnclient..exe, launcher.exe, patcher.exe

so i will ask PWI rly ? BD mean (true or false info) Arc has an Trojan, rly ?
    9 years, no problem now with arc this Game is dead!!!!!!

https://imgur.com/P8pWb90
  • schnubbelpuh
    schnubbelpuh Posts: 34 Arc User
    Forbidden Multi-Client = PWI Dead is so a big ****! ****!
    When the Server with 1-Client-Politic have 1000 Players, so it have with Multiclient 1000 players with 8000 Alts. There are still only 1000 players and less server load.

I met people who had ten clients open and played their game - that's sick. This makes the game more broken than the new rule. I can only hope that all those who are outsmarting now banished.
  • alexmasterchief
    alexmasterchief Posts: 4 Arc User
    This is the worst thing that Pwi did to the Customers,COUSE now We cannot Log to some from ours toons For ever....I Dont like it, and i am talking about code of arcs (What if email doesnt work , to reset that shi.t) = cant log again from some , accounts,Talking about when kill arc, reopen for new account,Recuits a Arc code=.....
  • ciohox
    ciohox Posts: 3 Arc User
    so... multi client will be back or no?
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    You cant even switch from one server to another with the same account...

You need to completely kill Arc, restart it all and relog it all back in. From one server to another on the same account isn't even a multiclient.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    I think this issue/panic thats going through players mind is like back in the past when we wanted to know if muticlienting was still allowed after they said only 2 accounts per IP were allowed and people were worried about playing on family networks and how it affect them Eg. Can I still login my main and alt account , with my kid/spouse still being able to login ( this was one of the concerns people had back then)

Multiclienting and Arc has been a concern since back in 2013 so just make sure you clarify things
  • warlockxkos187
    warlockxkos187 Posts: 25 Arc User
    i used two clients too...why bother when it takes over twenty minutes to do> arc defender is a pain in the ****... so i pledge to not spend til its fixed. we the people will control this outcome
  • mysticdarkfairy
    mysticdarkfairy Posts: 11 Arc User
    Why is everyone complaining so much. I think this is a good idea and is TEMPORARY! They need to find out who is abusing the game. I only use 2 clients. And I seem to be one of a handful of people who is not complaining. I always use ARC and have no problems doing so. Remember this is just a game for fun. Too many people take the game too serious. Taking advantage of a game is wrong and needs to be justified. So just sit back and enjoy the game. I do.