[Important] Emergency Maintenance for Dawnglory Server 2/10/2018 9:30 PM PT

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
*Emergency Maintenance and Restart Notice*

Hello PWI players!

We will be conducting an Emergency Maintenance on Dawnglory server at 9:30 PM PT. During this time, Dawnglory users will be unable to access the servers. All other servers will stay up and live during this time period - this special restart only will occur on Dawnglory. This maintenance should approximately take as long as our usual maintenance, but understand that times can change based o the progress of the maintenance.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we'll work to bring the server up as quickly as possible! Thanks for your patience.

-The PWI Crew

Comments

• jacoblayson
    jacoblayson Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Why???????????????? -.-
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @jacoblayson This is related to the issue that we saw at the end of January/Early February with the suspicious arc account behaviors. We should hopefully get Dawnglory back up and running in short order!
  • sharpestsharpie
    sharpestsharpie Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Nevermind.. I just re-read.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Yes, so just so players are aware and to reiterate :

1) Servers affected - Dawnglory
    2) What is occurring? Maintenance and Restart
    3) Why? Culprit of suspicious arc account behavior is at it again (x2)

Bonus Round : This is NOT because of the 6v6 arena alting or JoJ bots.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Kaly, people are having arguements in game regarding if running two clients is bannable. Can you and the team please oh please clarify if this is so.. would help out alot of people knowing this. Ty very much. PS not sure if closing arc and restarting arc to log in second toon is running client, but this is what people are doing to have Two, is this ok?. Thanks
  • kinny0524
    kinny0524 Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Always Dawnglory getting the blame, tch! and IF - i say IF (and there wont) - there is compensation, all servers will get it, as always xD

But why is Dawnglory suspected of dual clienting? As if other servers arent doing it too... Or did I misunderstand the reason of that random maintenance?
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    What exactly is the damage that the culpit is doing?
    Suspicious account behaviour doesnt say much..
  • wettstyle
    Options
    Oh, and it will not let you do this more then once, as i was under the assumption it is as it should be to maintain the Two client rule. sorry for the double post.
  • existenz001
    existenz001 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Ehm... so what's the problem with Dawnglory Server? and what about the "multi-clienting" ? are we at least allowed to open a shop char as second client ? or is this bannable too ?
  • montycash#1630
    montycash#1630 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    I demand compensation!!! Not only getting **** bh rewards every day but now "suspicious" arc account behavior. Just close the server forever and move us to another server.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Yes you guys are allowed to run another client.
  • wettstyle
    Options
    kinney, I dont think Dual clienting is the issue. It would be like mucho clienting, cuz its been known in game and by many members of the staff including Orinj that the rule is 2.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    The current two client rule is still in affect. I've been hearing reports that it's possible to multi-client under the new fix, but this still means you are going through Arc login. Multi-clienting during this time period should not get you in trouble, since we have acknowledged that this side affect of requiring Arc login is hampering the ability of the widely circulated practice of multi-clienting.
  • kinny0524
    Options
    > @wettstyle said:
    > kinney, I dont think Dual clienting is the issue. It would be like mucho clienting, cuz its been known in game and by many members of the staff including Orinj that the rule is 2.

I know that many people have trouble logging some accounts because of stupid Arc Defender, due to email adresses being long gone and all . So maybe all those people trying to log simultaneously on their "blocked" accounts is what looked suspiscious to pwi, but if it was just that, it would affect other servers as well. Then again, as i said, Dawnglory always takes the punishements anyway :p
  • wettstyle
    Options
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so very much Kaly for the clarification.. I was afraid I might of told people the un truth and got em in trouble... Whew
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    For those of you who are unable to log into your accounts due to long lost emails, inability to access old emails etc. Please contact support if you are in this situation! CS will be addressing these issues and have been alerted to these types of tickets coming in.

Aside from the suspicious arc account behavior, I also mentioned a bit more in the Account Safety Thread I made a few days ago
    We've notice some strange login behavior and have been investigating this and other third party sites for leads. We had also received some reports of users getting compromised/loosing items. And we also saw an uptick in the reporting of one particular 3rd party site.

• greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    Dawnglory only... so the perp is EU-based huh? Why do I feel like that tells us something...? Can't put my finger on it.

Just a PSA to everyone: I know we need the answer on what the perp is doing, but keep in mind that if Kalyst tells us now, before it gets patched, it'll just allow more people to use the exploit. The trick is, we need to know what it was as soon as the fix is in place, along with an assurance that the Arc bypass will be restored. So let's temper our expectations, okay?

Also, I want to copy my question from the other thread in case anyone here knows:

Is anyone else immediately getting DC'd on login every time? I can barely do my daily sign-ins on the machine I put Arc on (and it's no piece-of-**** machine either). The server pings/traces fine, it just gives me infinite lag practically the second I login. The game is literally unplayable for me right now.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • kinny0524
    Options
    > @greenfire312 said:
    > Dawnglory only... so the perp is EU-based huh? Why do I feel like that tells us something...? Can't put my finger on it.

For your info, Dawnglory is a merge of an US server, Harshland, and EU server, Morai/Lothranis. Your sentence is a bit... hmm I dont know, can't put my finger on it. :|
  • jacoblayson
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So this wasnt just a reset, this was a ROLLBACK. I spent time in ddh tonight, only to log and see my glyphs are missing :) nice going pwe
    Post edited by jacoblayson on
  • jacoblayson
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I sold 2 lvl 4 glyphs to a shop at 16.5m each before reset, had 1 big note in bag =4 big notes in bag, I log after this and 3 notes are missing and my glyph bag completely clean, no lvl 3's, lvl 4's no where to be found. *slow claps* amazing.
  • jacoblayson
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Some bs code for some dreamchaser pack and lvl 3 orb is not going to make up for this...get yourselves together pwe...give me and our whole squad our items we worked for back
  • jacoblayson
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I haven't posted on here in years, but seriously with everything going on this is starting to get too far. You guys are hovering your hand over the self destruct button for your company. The whole community is upset.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    Options
    what does this "suspicious arc account behavior" even mean?
  • n3w1ds
    n3w1ds Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    I used to run this game on one of my old XP machines when the partner was using my newer machine.
    ARC doesn't work on WINDOWS XP, thanks to some dev's who couldn't be bothered keeping it compatible.
    What about those who can't afford the $100 to upgrade their WIndows XP machines, seems it is a sweet FU, to them.
    We aren't all wealthy and looking at statistics a huge number of people still use Windows XP.
    Comon' dev's, don't be so lazy and fix Arc to work on XP.
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Options
    Is maintaince tonight or yesterday as it's 11/02/2018 here, but bost title says 10th
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    @jacoblayson This is related to the issue that we saw at the end of January/Early February with the suspicious arc account behaviors. We should hopefully get Dawnglory back up and running in short order!

So what you are saying, despite taking all these steps annoying your playerbase in process, you actually fixed nothing? Could you seriously inform the playerbase of whats actually going on? Vague statements are not enough!
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    Options
    we will prolly be the next one closing down.
  • hawkins08
    hawkins08 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    after this force log arc surely, the game looks empty now, barely jollys, barely catshops, solo players cant buff them self anymore and so on