>Select Arc
>End Task
>Relaunch Arc
>Log into another account
>Launch PWI
>Rinse and repeat.

Enjoy

*EFFICIENCY UPDATE*

I have noticed many of you guys have come to the issues with "ArcOSOverlay.exe" in task manager on this thread and the main discussion

To avoid this simply do the following. When you need to reset your arc to log into another account, make sure you hit the "X" in the top right corner of the window. This will change your Arc icon in Task Manager from a white background to a black background (This will be located in the "Background Prepossesses tab"). Just end task on the icon with a black background (Its called "Arc Update") and it will cease all Arc possesses.

Doing that will allow an easier method in relaunching a new window. I currently don't know any way about force logging. If i come across anything new ill update this thread.
Post edited by spaz221 on

Comments

• konagurl6666
    konagurl6666 Posts: 34 Arc User
    LOL I wasn't going to say it, because savouring the tears of the fallen.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    pan gu bless you
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    better give a solution how to log in WITHOUT arc.
  • mrshodgson
    mrshodgson Posts: 6 Arc User
    The point was they wanted us to log in via arc, through the arc defender and this work around does that. We are all still doing exactly what they wanted us to do and the reason they did this maintenance to begin with. For those that have spoof emails addresses or addresses that you can't access anymore, you likely will have to send in a ticket, provide all your personal information (like ip, location in which you registered the account, the physical address, and a number of other things), in order to get the ability to change your email address in order to access all that stuff. So you wait a day or two to get a respond from them, but at least you get your stuff back and can go about your merry way doing what you've done the last however many years lol.
  • celokp
    celokp Posts: 27 Arc User
    im amazed
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    thanks, spaz, that's the only way I could get in in the first place!

here it is again:

>Open Task Manager
    >Select Arc
    >End Task
    >Relaunch Arc
    >Log into another account
    >Launch PWI
    >Rinse and repeat.

• matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    °how open console no work :(
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    teabagg wrote: »
    pw just make it to where when i do multi client i wont have a froze screen and one active screen..how hard is that

I posted instructions for that years ago. It's in the Support sticky thread. There's a pretty good chance it still works, but I can't seem to login when I am launching the client without Arc, so I can't say for certain atm.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    pw just make it to where when i do multi client i wont have a froze screen and one active screen..how hard is that

I posted instructions for that years ago. It's in the Support sticky thread. There's a pretty good chance it still works, but I can't seem to login when I am launching the client without Arc, so I can't say for certain atm.​​

I never used arc because it's just bloatware slowing my pc. I used to be able to use the console when logging without arc .. but now logging with arc enabled I cannot access it ...
    If I have to run bloatware, and I can't unfreeze the window .. well I can't see me continuing with this game. If you find a way to access the console when starting pwi from arc please post instructions, thanks
  • sylenthunder
    Yeah, I've only had the Steam version for a long time. Unable to log in with it. Just times out trying to connect. (Actually, it says that it's disconnected from the server.)

Pulled up my guinea pig laptop I use for testing ****, and am having to re-download the game. It's going to be a bit before I can get to cracking the stupid. So far all the traditional methods are not working, but I don't have a client to test with Arc yet either. Once it finishes I'll be pulling it apart.​​

​​
  • foxysp
    edited February 2018
    @sylenthunder
    If you know of a way to kill the ArcOSOverlay process that would be great too - I can kill the other Arc processes in task manager, but ArcOSOverlay just restarts itself :(
  • sylenthunder
    Not currently that I am aware of. Back when it was first introduced, sure. But I haven't run Arc since then outside of some basic testing.​​

​​
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    This is a good idea, it's amazing that PWE can't even force us to do what they want right LOL
    They always **** up with patches and stuff, and now they even **** up with forcing this stupid policy on us LOLOLOL GG PWE, we're more resilient than you imagined, try to kill your game so you can have an excuse to pull the plug, but we're still here, **** you guys.

Mr. Justice
  • spaz221
    spaz221 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Is it just me or has this post been hidden from the front page of the General discussion?
  • spaz221
    spaz221 wrote: »
    Is it just me or has this post been hidden from the front page of the General discussion?

Disregard. Popped back now.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    So after my 4th client I can no longer find Arc in the task manager and thus unable to log more. Do I really have to restart n start over? <.<
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    So after my 4th client I can no longer find Arc in the task manager and thus unable to log more. Do I really have to restart n start over? <.<

Minimize the Taskmanager (to the initial view). there you can still see arc.
  • sugarplumfairy#3892
    sugarplumfairy#3892 Posts: 13 Arc User
    my oh my what have u done? was this needed? considering the games community has depleted rapidly already through loss of fsp and ability to farm??? MY OH MY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Why are people arc icons changing here?
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • diesfast
    diesfast Posts: 46 Arc User
    foxysp wrote: »
    @sylenthunder
    If you know of a way to kill the ArcOSOverlay process that would be great too - I can kill the other Arc processes in task manager, but ArcOSOverlay just restarts itself :(

The ONLY way Ive found is to corrupt it by creating a text file named ArcOSOverlay.txt, changing the extension to .exe and then replacing the actual exe with your created version so that it cannot spin up and run.
  • foxysp
    Awesome thanks!
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    haha, I just saw noticed all the Arc logos with a big X over them. Thanks Blazerboy xD. Someone with access to the database was not happy either and did it lmao.
  • sylenthunder
    Yeah, I pulled that from the main Arc page images and had some fun. Plus I was a bit bored while having to completely re-download the client.​​

​​
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »

Clues..after the "4th client" your unable to log more..thats the **** they are trying to stop man lol.

I cant confirm it. I tested it and logged 8 clients without problems. I didnt see a reason to log more but i guess its possible. Everyone who wants to use toons to farm TT, open pv, to sells stuff in catshops or solo any dungeon can still do it. I used the ways of this thread:
    • replace ArcOSOverlay.exe with an empty file
    • close arc via task manager

I dont know what pwi tries to achieve with this change. It doesnt change anything for me except that its way more annoying and more work to open clients now. But i guess its the same with security software of games. People will always find a way around the system. Its just the normal customer who is screwed at the end.
  • ma3rven
    ma3rven Posts: 1 Arc User
    You can no longer forcelog yourself when you dc. Someone fix this sh*t.
  • spaz221
    *EFFICIENCY UPDATE*

I have noticed many of you guys have come to the issues with "ArcOSOverlay.exe" in task manager on this thread and the main discussion

To avoid this simply do the following. When you need to reset your arc to log into another account, make sure you hit the "X" in the top right corner of the window. This will change your Arc icon in Task Manager from a white background to a black background (This will be located in the "Background Prepossesses tab"). Just end task on the icon with a black background (Its called "Arc Update") and it will cease all Arc possesses.

Doing that will allow an easier method in relaunching a new window. I currently don't know any way about force logging. If i come across anything new ill update this thread.