[Important] UPDATE - Emergency Maintenance 2/9/2018 @ 10PM PT

Comments

• dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    stop worrying about rewarding people for using ARC. if its the company's position they want to run their application thru a platform, then do it but MAKE SURE IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

and isnt full of resource-eating processes like pando media booster.
  • greymana42
    greymana42 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Wow just wow... first you lock us out of our paid for base 450mil coin plus lvling up the overly inflated price of the wings. Theres no posts or comments from the devs or cm/gms even stating theres a resolution or a thought in sight about handling the bases. All the ppl who make decisions go on vacation as the expansion is implemented?
    2nd, what are you guys going to do if i dont have a valid e-mail acct to my second client? I set the acct up over 6yrs ago and the yahoo acct which was a former valid e-mail acct got closed by yahoo in their fail to secure my personal data in their multiple breaches. They( yahoo) closed down my e-mail acct because it was one that got affected and I can not reclaim it. I used to just dbl client with it to gain access to my toons, yes no jones blessings but at least i had my toons available to play. Now you are telling me defender is sending me an e-mail to verify my acct? Problem!!!! I cant reclaim the e-mail address I used to set up my pwi acct 6 yrs ago. So how in the world am I going to get the code to use for defender if you send the code to a non existant e-mail address? I cant be the only one with this problem and u r going to get flooded with tickets of ppl being locked out of their valid not a scam dbl clients accts. How do we reset our e-mail addresses or change the e-mail addresses attached to our accounts for these older accts? I am sorry you pwi moderators have to see hate, but the hate is very valid. You are killing your loyal player base. 1st bases locked and now no double clienting? THESE ARE 2 CORE ITEMS THAT MAKE THIS VERSION PWI FUN!!! Take it away from people and they are bound to be angry. What in the world are you guys thinking? Hate is inevitable when you guys take away what people are used to doing in your game for years and liked doing.
  • greymana42
    greymana42 Posts: 7 Arc User
    next all servers will merge...
  • trizsnatch
    trizsnatch Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, are the players who abused the 6v6 having anything done to them? Do they get to keep the gear and items they aquired by abusing your system? Or are all they going to lose any rewards the received? If they are going to get to keep everything they received then you really aren't punishing anyone except the players who had nothing to do with the abuse. We get ****** and they keep their rewards. You really couldn't have found a better solution to the problem that only involved the people abusing your system?
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    Maybe implement an actual forums vote on how many people actually want or use ARC for anything at all besides launching/patching a game? Probably get like 1/50 votes. ( And i purposely kept the total number small because most of the playerbase gave up on the forums ages ago ).

"Almost" no one wants arc at all. Its totally pointless trash ( and i mean "trash" because its something people would throw out given the option ) that just takes up pc resources with its totally pointless overlays and arc chat processes and OS browsers and wtf do we even need this **** for to play any of the games? NO ONE signed up accounts on PWE to hang out in arc. The only people that use it are to patch games because they are forced to, or the ones that dont know how to run the startbypatcher and just use arc because its a forced option. You cant even use ARC to directly log into your game, it just loads the game login screen like a cheap multi links window. And they want to add more to the current useless **** already running on ARC because thats going to boost playerbases for any of the games?

PWE has messed up this game so much lately that if i was a returning player looking for somewhere to start, i definitely wouldnt bother, and the same probably goes for new players. The only reason most of the people i know including myself still play PWI ( idk about other games) is because of the amount of time and money put into the game which we dont want to see go to waste. Its no where near fun anymore, and, an empty friend list because other people have less patience than i do for trash bs doesnt help with incentives to stay.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    remember, it's not related to the 6x6 issue, mostly because those players are probably pretty heavy cashers so of course they are never going to intervene in those sorts of problems. at least not in a reasonable fashion....
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    so i typed out this huge rant and posted it and then clicked to edit one word in it and when i clicked save it said something like "failed to find the topic in question" .. and the whole post disappeared. GG like pwi's playerbase.
  • ony180
    ony180 Posts: 7 Arc User
    *Cross posted from the other thread*

This is a very harrowing and difficult situation for everyone involved and I hope we can not only come to a speedy resolution, but turn the overall Arc experience into something positive for users going forward.

• spaz221
    spaz221 Posts: 8 Arc User
    >Open Task Manager
    >Select Arc
    >End Task
    >Relaunch Arc
    >Log into another account
    >Launch PWI
    >Rinse and repeat.

Enjoy
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User

This is a very harrowing and difficult situation for everyone involved and I hope we can not only come to a speedy resolution, but turn the overall Arc experience into something positive for users going forward.

• iseeucamping
    iseeucamping Posts: 8 Arc User
    spaz221 wrote: »
    >Open Task Manager
    >Select Arc
    >End Task
    >Relaunch Arc
    >Log into another account
    >Launch PWI
    >Rinse and repeat.

Enjoy

inb4ban cus pw likes to mess with us
  • lilxstriker4
    lilxstriker4 Posts: 2 Arc User

• kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    hmm
    Post edited by kwyl on
  • kingdelta#6425
    kingdelta#6425 Posts: 1 New User
    Hi kalystconquerer,

Thanks for the update and information. Security is definately an important factor in how we run the game, despite all these ppl flaming.

The server actually runs much smoother imo with only a single client allowed, and the connection seems a lot less laggy.

I'd like to see a big overhaul in the catshop / auction house system to be honest. Would be nice if you removed cat shops altogether and made the commission shops free for everyone, they are much more organized and cleaner interface.

I'd also like to see the auction house have an unlimited duration for posting items. Although I enjoy PWI's questing and gameplay much more than Guild Wars 2 - I would recommend looking at their trading and inventory system for ideas and inspiration. They have a global account storage bank, where all characters on the same account can share an account-wide storage system. They also have no time limit on their trading system, removes the annoying having to re-post my auction item every 24 hours :\.

Anyhow, I actually like the single client system better, but you'll need to find a better solution than catshops for your trading system.

Appreciate the update and looking forward to seeing upgrades and improvements for PWI. :smile:

Peace.

KingDelta
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Don't you dare use other platforms to justify such an OFFENSE. Disabling the ability to login from the client LOL? Even the china version doesn't have such a thing ( Have both versions here ) - What the hell are you guys thinking? Who in their right mind thought to do something like this?

UNDO this debacle of a decision asap - Thank you....
    normal-6.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tarrykin
    tarrykin Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'll bite.

I have a large amount of respect for you, Kaly. The community (as a whole) probably does not deserve a CM/person like you who actually makes an effort to communicate with us, the playerbase. I have to echo the sentiments of others that it would be appreciated to have a definitive answer regarding the reason for this, because people will naturally speculate otherwise. Not answering, or being unable to (I'm sure that's a thing, with the limitations you might be dancing around) only adds fuel to that fire.

Anywho, this is the last punch for me. Workaround after workaround I have had to utilise to make PWI playable, and now I've hit a brick wall. Arc is open. Launched PWI. Now I just sit at the login screen in an endless loop of "Logging in - please wait" and being punted back. I'll bet however much that it is, likely, because I have had issues with my patcher since upgrading my computer. I cannot open the patcher via pressing "Play" in Arc. It's been this way for a few months, but I worked around it. Got my updates in, kept the game patching (however loosely I could) but this is - in a word - dumb. Wonderland expansion, admittedly, meddled with this. But managed to get through that, too. And yes, I did the song and dance with support. They were... maddeningly unhelpful, to be frank. Still, found a way to make it work. Nah, not anymore. No more of that. This change, however, does not seem to want to budge and - as such - appears to render me indefinitely unable to play.

I'm understanding that PWE should have some standard for account security, or at least appear to. Good on them, I suppose, for attempting to do something about it. However, if PWE knew of the "harrowing" impacts of this decision - I can't get my head around it. I admit to having multiple open clients to farm. Not 12 chars alt army levels, but enough to do the instances I want/need when it's x2. Poof. No more of that. I'm trying to understand, but I can't. Knowing how this would impact the [dwindling] playerbase and still going through with it... error 404.

Soon[TM]. PWE edition.
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    @shopcheese Not to get any hopes up but the SS I was shown of CNs LOOKS to be 6 (but can not confirm if theres like scrolling , cant read Chinese).

Katystconquerer, I have a possible GREAT solution. Since you are trying to get us to use Arc. Want Arc fixed and used. GIVE US the version of China's Arc! It already allows an estimated 6 clients yes? (possibly maybe not 6) but my point is. If they have it send it our way. People may not like having to use Arc. However for use of multi clienting that would have that problem solved and such.

Before some of you go posting, I can't access my e-mail for it due to not using it in so long. Try to recover the e-mail password I am sure with some effort you can get your e-mail back if it WASN'T deleted. IF your e-mail WAS deleted due to inactivity there is a way around that. Recreate the same name for the e-mail. PWI Arc will send it to that e-mail and you will have your old e-mail back. I know Yahoo and Hotmail Delete inactive e-mails of over 4-5 years or so. So I hope that helps there. That aside, if you can't remember the e-mail but you have an old account such as mine that was created PRE e-mail days and you have your regular ID and password AND e-mail you can use you have some options still. First you can access PWI from an alternate account and ask what you can do about having a account you no longer have access to the e-mail to and state it is one of your other accounts. Please keep in mind you can be helped but please don't shoot PWE people over this they are just the help desk and sometimes they do not always know what can and can't be done. You may have to supply some information on the account and such mind you so that is something to consider. I hope I have at least helped a bit in that regard.
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    I didnt even bother to install arc to say goodbye. I just did it on our faction forum.
  • celokp
    celokp Posts: 27 Arc User

I'm going to be monitoring the progress of the maintenance now and then checking when the fix goes live. I'll come back tomorrow to address any replies I missed during this time and then (plus, I'll have to be on tomorrow anyways to run Scholarly Challenge). As always, be sure to be respectful of each other and keep the criticisms constructive and meaningful. We'll be collecting all this feedback and seeing what actionables are available for us to take, not just for now but in the future.

Of the topics of interest I'd like to collect information on will be the following -
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options
    2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

* Please note on Arc Platform Improvements these will mostly be things like - making items/packs/content to give for being in the Arc ecosystem and seeing what sorts of features are in CN's platform. I am aware there are very extensive programs and scripts that will most likely NOT be in Arc, which includes things like the "Perfect Helper".

LOOK THERE WAS AN ANNOYING GAME THAT EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU GOT ON THE NET it wanted two times verification threw its client and e-mail that game is no longer around why do you think that is?
  • theoneaa
    theoneaa Posts: 10 Arc User
    At least west Archosaur wont be laggy anymore... kekekekeke..

So in this story, two main characters exist. PWI and playerbase. Playerbase was a nice guy, chill, sometimes raged, but generally a friend of PWI. Playerbase was naive and used to spend a LOT on his friend PWI. But he used to do it, because he enjoyed playing with his friend.. but overtime PWI got smarter.. He realized that Playerbase keeps spending his money on PWI without thinking.. So PWI had an idea.. He thought, lemme push this guy a bit and see if Playerbase still spends on me.. So PWI started abusing Playerbase a little by little. a bit more and more everytime.(Pls refer to Short Abuse Stories like OceanOrbAbuse, PromisingThenStoppingNPPromoAbuse, PromisingToStop18GKeySaleButThenDoingItEveryMonthRaisingGoldPriceAbuse) Playerbase got eroded a little by little but kept spending still. He still thought PWI is his friend.. things will get better. By then PWI had enough money already.. He thought he already got multiple times the money he deserved and needed.. He didnt need PlayerBase anymore.. So he thought..man..this PlayerBase guy so clingy.. Still playing and spending on me..Ughh..So he used the multiple weapon at once powahhh. Those weapons were called WonderlandPatch + Forced Arc + NoMultiClient.

Now what will PlayerBase do.. lets wait and see..
  • bellafawnic
    bellafawnic Posts: 1 Arc User
    Why not have the option to sign out of arc when within the game that way we can open another client, sign back into arc and log into the alt character. I understand how having the sign on method on the arc launcher is a security measure but we are also able to access arc details while in game. Sure it may be a extra step but it would allow us to easily log into to our characters.

all in all the main solution would be to be allow players to logout of arc when the game clients are open.
  • celokp
    edited February 2018

I'm going to be monitoring the progress of the maintenance now and then checking when the fix goes live. I'll come back tomorrow to address any replies I missed during this time and then (plus, I'll have to be on tomorrow anyways to run Scholarly Challenge). As always, be sure to be respectful of each other and keep the criticisms constructive and meaningful. We'll be collecting all this feedback and seeing what actionables are available for us to take, not just for now but in the future.

Of the topics of interest I'd like to collect information on will be the following -
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options
    2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

* Please note on Arc Platform Improvements these will mostly be things like - making items/packs/content to give for being in the Arc ecosystem and seeing what sorts of features are in CN's platform. I am aware there are very extensive programs and scripts that will most likely NOT be in Arc, which includes things like the "Perfect Helper".

Nothing even remotely new this has been going on for years literaly if theres more then normal its because you lock the base and more are so despreate there looking to get gold any way possiable with more victimes simple unlock bases that you stole from players

• celokp
    i dont use steam cause it sucks i use arc cause i have option not to overkill security i can log in name pass done this is over kill
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    well... bye, I guess.
  • darksynn
    darksynn Posts: 26 Arc User
    It's really honestly sad to see PWE doing something like this which affects both your long standing player base and Mods alike it's like being knifed in the back after all these years of playing take care
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Steam, Blizzards own client, theres other examples out there. Steam was the first thing that jumped into my head for the security processes they have in place, not necessarily for any precieved value from the platform users can gain. Steams axuilary value isnt the comparison Im making here, as Im pointing out that extra security layers is present on various other platforms.

As far as any benefits Arc can give outside of the security layer...thats another side conversation I can have.

Are you seriously comparing the potato code of Arc to Blizzard/Steam products? LOL. I`ve never had any issues with either of the mentioned softwares but with Arc, oh boy, its just utter garbage on so many levels. And it has never worked properly so while I can appreciate you are trying to defend the company putting food on your table, I cant but laugh at this comment.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    So as far as I can tell this really change nothing. You can still multi client, you just need close arc in task manager and rerun it, sign in next account etc. Just extra steps to log more toon instead of using bypass.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    What was purpose of this again? To make use security feature which we can disable anyway?

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    shimarra wrote: »
    What was purpose of this again? To make use security feature which we can disable anyway?

Well the idea behind forcing security features like this, is that you believe most of your player base is too ignorant/lazy to go through the effort of disabling it. Thus saving them from themselves.

In today's world of gaming, it's not far from the truth either. It's like almost anyone currently younger than 25 is unable to read, unable to do even the slightest bit of research, and is unwilling to do anything much for themselves.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!