Comments

• werzn5e67an
    werzn5e67an Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    R.I.P

Nouz Time is over.
    See you in a better game.

No Dual client = No PWI.

Since 3 years I see this game dieing.... and now its comming true.
  • spicybala
    spicybala Posts: 1 Arc User
    Its hilarious how PWI finds people addicted to the game and tell them "I set you free". I will definitely quit the game after this update. Apart from decisions like these, they've permanently banned innocent users in the process, accounts that had been played for over 8 years. Basically, they're not only driving people away from the game but also stealing from people because they ban you and in the process take away items ingame that you have spent a lot of money for.

This move is a complete disaster and its high time PWI starts being managed by people who actually have some knowledge about the game. I am not going to be a part of this and going to charge back anything and everything I can. I am sure there are a lot of others who will do the same.

Ciao
  • exsel123
    exsel123 Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm going to be monitoring the progress of the maintenance now and then checking when the fix goes live. I'll come back tomorrow to address any replies I missed during this time and then (plus, I'll have to be on tomorrow anyways to run Scholarly Challenge). As always, be sure to be respectful of each other and keep the criticisms constructive and meaningful. We'll be collecting all this feedback and seeing what actionables are available for us to take, not just for now but in the future.

Of the topics of interest I'd like to collect information on will be the following -
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options
    2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

* Please note on Arc Platform Improvements these will mostly be things like - making items/packs/content to give for being in the Arc ecosystem and seeing what sorts of features are in CN's platform. I am aware there are very extensive programs and scripts that will most likely NOT be in Arc, which includes things like the "Perfect Helper".

This is a very harrowing and difficult situation for everyone involved and I hope we can not only come to a speedy resolution, but turn the overall Arc experience into something positive for users going forward.

1) UNLIMITED MULTI-CLIENTS
    2) REMOVE BINDING ACCOUTS TO ARC.
    P,S. JUST BAN CRYSIS OR INFAMOUS ALTS and ALL who have finish G17 rings, cloaks, helmets, etc. because it was impossible to get. (it is easy to understood who was abusing, ban only them)
    P.P.S, or make how it was before(02.07 update) plus ban all this items that they abused without causing inconvenience to other players.
  • spaz221
    spaz221 Posts: 8 Arc User
    >Open Task Manager
    >Select Arc
    >End Task
    >Relaunch Arc
    >Log into another account
    >Launch PWI
    >Rinse and repeat.

Enjoy
  • greymana42
    greymana42 Posts: 7 Arc User
    What abt the ppl who created their acct over 6 years ago and their once valid e-mail acct was closed due to yahoo's inept ability to keep peoples personal information safe? My e-mail acct was one of them that got perma closed due to multiple data breaches. I used to use dbl client to bypass defender because there is no valid e-mail attached to it to send a code to. Yes no jones blessings but at least i could play my 2nd acct. How are u going to handle ppl in my situation? How can we change e-mail addresses to reclaim our vaild accounts?
  • darkfightr2
    darkfightr2 Posts: 16 Arc User
    Meanwhile someone on wc figured out a way to multiclient

Open one client
    force close arc using task manager process killer
    open another arc and log with another acc
    then you can open 2 client, both running fine.

Nice job dev, cant even ruin something proper.

you know devs are bad when they dont test 2 clients possibility before and just say they may do something about it. you are supposed to test replacing feautures out before you go around ruining existing ones.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    yall do understand that they are just going to patch it again in a few days to tie the client to arc more firmly, most likely at the expense of stability right?

especially when you share info like this right in front of their faces.

they are going to do it out of spite.
  • mrshodgson
    mrshodgson Posts: 6 Arc User
    Easy fix for a temporary issue, at least for now.
  • darkfightr2
    yall do understand that they are just going to patch it again in a few days to tie the client to arc more firmly, most likely at the expense of stability right?

right because they wouldnt know that something is up because they see dozens of two instances of same ip and mac address on at the same time ?

You do know that arc logs and verifies ip and mac both ?
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User

right because they wouldnt know that something is up because they see dozens of two instances of same ip and mac address on at the same time ?

You do know that arc logs and verifies ip and mac both ?

i might have to backtrack a little bit, PWE has a pretty good rep of not doing anything right except ensure the marketplace updates patch correctly.
  • darkfightr2
    its better that official solution comew from them thats allowed and approved than ppl trying this and later getting banned for it.
    your solution is what ?
    Hey let us exploit this bug while its there and and stop complaining so they think "hey they are quiet now, maybe they are okay with a single client rule".

No we need to keep hammering till they come up with a solution, they pay their bills and get food on their table from our money after all.
  • mrshodgson
    Yea, lol, don't give them too much credit lol
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I don't know why no one listens to me and why people don't have a clue about law and all, but I gladly repeat myself.

"Forum Rules" have no legal binding. You do not have the slightest right to enforce them. ONLY THE TOS ARE BINDING.

SO as long as it isn't directly prohibited by the TOS, your "WE want you to not multiclient anymore" has 0 impact on anyone and there is no reason to follow this at all. Oh, and if you change the ToS you are also forced to update all affected users about the change and let them accept that new version of the ToS again. If they do not agree and stop using your services due to this, be prepared to refund all spendings from anyone in the past 6 months.

I am quite shocked that no one and PWE seems to have any clue about law at all. You can't just go and throw out something like this when there are people that are heavily paying for the service you provide. Ofc you can, but then, please follow the rules yourself.

As for me personally (and I will be as honest as I can ever be): This game is not worth it playing with just 1 client at a time. Anything you do is extremely unrewarding, even if you do it with, lets say, 10 clients at the same time. Not even with that can I say that most content in this game is worthwhile doing, it just isn't. Sorry.

While this affects me the least out of most people, since my chars are already pretty much done and I barely do anything ingame anymore anyways (due to above reasons), I do have to say that this seems to be like pressing the suicide-button. This changes makes no sense, whatsoever. If you see fraudulent behaviour from certain accounts/people trying to ****/scam then just ban those accounts. True, I can't say that I even know what has happened to cause this in the first place but I can't imagine it's something that horrible to provoke such meassures.

Also, how will you enforce this? Via Arc, sure, that's no problem. However, just the gameclient would have to be specifically modified to not run twice. There are many users not using Arc at all (rightfully so imho), so stopping them from logging seems hard/impossible.
  • misato0
    misato0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    btw i can't login at all, I'm trying to login in 1 client and it's not working.
  • mrshodgson
    edited February 2018
    I had to restart my arc to get the client up and logged in successfully after the servers came back up, i couldn't just go into play and log in like normal. Just putting that out there for the person that can't log in.
  • celokp
    celokp Posts: 27 Arc User
    you cant stop multi client they can do virtual box with diff ip ids why would u attept to do something so stupid any one can google this
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    Tried log in like did always in last 7 years playing pwi. No work. Spent tons of money and time on this game.

What news in Steam and Origin? So long, PWE!
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    exsel123 wrote: »
    1) UNLIMITED MULTI-CLIENTS
    2) REMOVE BINDING ACCOUTS TO ARC.
    P,S. JUST BAN CRYSIS OR INFAMOUS ALTS and ALL who have finish G17 rings, cloaks, helmets, etc. because it was impossible to get. (it is easy to understood who was abusing, ban only them)
    P.P.S, or make how it was before(02.07 update) plus ban all this items that they abused without causing inconvenience to other players.

yeah i guess almost a year of doing arena in 4 squads doesnt make it possible to farm rings and capes, right.
    you sound like you are abusing arc quests, tho, aint i right?

• scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    quick and short, bye pwi.
    At least I was not so stupid and put any cash in this game. My catshop holds all my wealth and I got no access to it anymore, since I got no e-mail for this account anymore.
    At least you should have given a warning before this stupid move.
  • darkfightr2
    exactly so they aint gonna do anything about this info either

besides i added all the info for other players to see and be able to do it anyways, pwi would find out anyways

logged an jolly alt and wc`d and got a wc reply back on how to do it and 3 different ppl pming.

So its not really rocket science to do it or find out how players are doing it.
  • shannahand
    shannahand Posts: 12 Arc User
    I feel like we got trolled! lol, but in all seriousness, if people multi using the end arc trick it still makes you do what they want you to do, and that is log in using arc and verifying through arc defender. That was the point of this patch and I hate to say it but.... mission accomplished for once. I feel like even the devs over reacted in this case and got an entire player base riled up over nothing. for those with the e-mail issues, send a support ticket through an account you have full access to and you can tie your account to a new e-mail if you provide the info that support asks for. Have a great day folks and hope we all had fun getting trolled!
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    I would like to see the ability to run cat shops offline, or vastly reduced price commission shops.

Maybe trade an in game currency for 1 month commission shops, like badges, blood, or crushed emblems from fb99 weekly.
    m5arXCN.png
  • schnubbelpuh
    schnubbelpuh Posts: 34 Arc User
    That's the best PWI decision you've ever made! (Let's say that all spammail should disappear). Now you focus on ONE character. One does not exist alts of alts of alts hindering the NW. Shop or game? Now the auction house is being used again (please lower the prices!) And people may just be forced to play with themselves instead of filling their FSP with 9 Alts.

Okay, I'll get annoyed about that too sometimes (because of the shop or the possibility to rezzie yourself at times) but I think that's just right. BTW - now the old cube system opens again with unbound wheels xD
  • ebisama
    ebisama Posts: 29 Arc User
    I just wish they would disable arc defender so i can log in all my accounts. Many of us didnt even enabled it and arc forced it to be active locking alot accounts out from playing
  • katie9o
    katie9o Posts: 2 Arc User
    greymana42 wrote: »
    What abt the ppl who created their acct over 6 years ago and their once valid e-mail acct was closed due to yahoo's inept ability to keep peoples personal information safe? My e-mail acct was one of them that got perma closed due to multiple data breaches. I used to use dbl client to bypass defender because there is no valid e-mail attached to it to send a code to. Yes no jones blessings but at least i could play my 2nd acct. How are u going to handle ppl in my situation? How can we change e-mail addresses to reclaim our vaild accounts?

I would like an answer regarding this post aswell. It's obvious that this will be the new system and we gotta find a way to work with the system instead of against it.
    It would have been nice to have a form of warning about this maintenance, instead of the message of an emergency maintenance appearing while people are sleeping, and waking up to not being able to log your 8 year old bank account.

• katie9o
    katie9o Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    People that tend to disconnect alot are screwed. You will have to close current game and restart a new game everytime you disconnect.

Disconnect seem to automatically re-log your account, though exit character menu makes you unable to log back to the game unless you restart a new game.
    Post edited by katie9o on
  • xxkreatorxx
    xxkreatorxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    Interesting point.... though you realize this is also forwarded towards more people cashshopping at least they hope. not 5 catshops = more commision shops so they hope thus more income. so called free to play games are based upon people cashshopping and thus they will do anything to improve that at the cost of people farming and multiclienting for multi catshops. if those leave who cares they werent the cashshoppers anyways.
    alexcion wrote: »
    terrabyte wrote: »
    I mean this isn't brain science or rocket surgery, wtf is PWI thinking?

They're not.. and they haven't been for quite some time. The company has slowly been killing this game for the last 5 years (or so). You've allowed such inflation and have disabled almost every form of legitimate farming available. You took away DQ value because of "abuse".. You gave us points, which shut us up for a while. Then guess what? Points went away... then the value of other drops.. Couple that with the gold inflation there is absolutely no way to farm anything at any reasonable rate. This is no longer a pay to win game... it is a pay to play.. You have to pay to be here - you can't farm it. Then, one of the FEW things we really could farm.. mirages - in the last update you took those out of (I believe) 3 instances. Because they weren't already high enough per piece and the bounty hunter rewards lowered... Now, sale after sale on packs and charge rewards and back-to-back bull.. These items are only worth a fraction of what they were worth - population has decreased... item availability has increased.. no new players to gear, etc... I can't sell half the stuff I have unless I want to cut my own throat on the deal so someone else can wait 6 months for the price to rebound.. if it does..

*slow clap*

You guys are finally finishing it off.

I should've cut my losses years ago... "Suspicious activity".. The only suspicious activity here is that of a company so detached from their customer base that they can't see they are pushing away their business...

Why don't you just punish those you are so worried are doing.. well.. whatever it is you THINK they're doing... Oh wait... Do they even actually exist?

I don't know if I can stay around to watch this one... The market is too big.. I don't care how much money I have invested - even the newest car at one point becomes something you need to take to the junk yard and drop off.

• zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    That's the best PWI decision you've ever made! (Let's say that all spammail should disappear). Now you focus on ONE character. One does not exist alts of alts of alts hindering the NW. Shop or game? Now the auction house is being used again (please lower the prices!) And people may just be forced to play with themselves instead of filling their FSP with 9 Alts.

Okay, I'll get annoyed about that too sometimes (because of the shop or the possibility to rezzie yourself at times) but I think that's just right. BTW - now the old cube system opens again with unbound wheels xD

That would be awesome if PWI done it years ago, when this game still could be appealing to new people. Honestly, how many new faces you see ingame? How many beside that same old players in new toons or returned players?

Who, at finish, is playerbase of PWI? Who still dare in start a new toon in PWI beside those ones with a relative knowedge of game engine and all endless chain to endgame?

And look how this playerbase is happy with, even with people playing with alts army, is sometimes hard to find a key class to run some instances, or how some factions fill rooms with alts to reach some goals or even play in secondary battles in events like xTW.

Kalist argue this news is about account security more than multiclient. Good point! But make things still more complicated than just warning and ban those compromised accounts is really necessary? Even want people use one second software was no necessary previously is nonsense. This Arc software is more a source of problems than a protection.

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I do understand their motivation and concern about safety. Hope no one counts my thread as QQ. I was just stating facts in hopes that someone learns from this/Can prevent alot of trouble.

They did what they had to do. We still dont know what has happened to cause such drastic meassures but @kalystconquerer#0876 said that they will figure this out for us and I believe that she will.

So guys, be patient, it just happened. You can still log your legit accounts so keep calm and don't bomb her with your QQ or things will just take even longer. Thanks.
  • sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    As you can see by all these comments, you will lose an insane amound of player if you don't change the system.
    Please for once in your life listen to the player base. YOU need them too. Suggestions as you asked for:

1) Allow the use of 4 clients - this also avoids 6v6 arena abuse and most likely whatever weird "suspicious issue you have"
    2) RESET the arc DEFENDER: the first week arc went online, you were allowed to turn of the arc defender for the PC and IP you first logged in the account. You must do this in order to avoid losing all these players that did not use arc before and dont have the required informaion to write a ticket.
    Post edited by sawyers on