Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• bagles2
    bagles2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    if this is about "suspicious activity on arc" wouldn't the solution be to just shut down arc? nobody wants that bloatware trash. omg did i just solve all the problems here?!

because i guarantee you i'd rather quit this game than play via arc. i played using the startbypatcher command as did all my friends before they all quit. help the game by just removing arc or ruin the game by forcing it on anyone dumb enough to take it.
  • shannahand
    shannahand Posts: 12 Arc User
    only1wish wrote: »
    Others have said it, i'll say it too - be honest. Tell us what is happening!

Nothing can top the news that people cant log an alt even for buffs if they need to. No pv, no help for bh, no catshopping... ok, i am going to live without all of those. But why?

After all the mess ups, a little honesty to show us why your decision was the correct one, could save at least a portion of the people who're about to leave now, because they're really fed up with all the bs throughout the years and now they're just done with the game....

Whatever your goal is, explain us why you had to do an emergency maintaince? Why not a normal one? What's the rush?

The problem is, people will not like the REAL reason. If they thought we would accept it, it would have already been shared with us. I see another swamp that needs draining.....
  • lucasgreencorn
    lucasgreencorn Posts: 4 Arc User
    So As a player from Beta Arch Server, late 2007. I have spent much $ here and many more spend more then me I might have spent 2-3k witch is alot to some and few too others. I used wisely as i could. Now the point of all this is. Some people do this to more then one account and would make teams of their own because if pwi taught us anything is not all people can be reliable. So we cover our backs and do it our self, since many spent alot of money on more then one class to complete the end game goal, taking away multi client feature is almost like saying here we are taking away all your seats in your car just yours will be left and your family will have to suffer once at a time. Thats what your doing to the pwi right now, all those accounts who spent alot of money, yep goodbye that slows down their coin and it's already really bad making money in game if you dont spent for Gold. If you wanna put a stop to abusers and keep a happy medium, put a cap of 4 cilents or 5 max and have your Game Tech deal with tracking that exact number. I have seen the impacts of people leaving game hence the merge of LC and Sanc, you do this and it will be all 4 servers or more into 1-2 . You kill the game by limiting people. The Internet was ment for breaking limits not making them. Don't go back into stone ages. pwi i love you but this is not how i play, one char, no merchant, no help, no bp . .. no xXUmekoXx . TW Server -
  • shannahand
    shannahand Posts: 12 Arc User
    rawrkit wrote: »
    So I was trying to read through the FW Forums and see if there was any explination there either... But it seems your players over there are saying essentially the same thing... You're(PWE) going to willingly kill both games because "security concerns" but with no actual show of what these concerns are.

Have you ever read "rules for radicals" Two of the top rules are being exercised by PWE ( does not surprise me being a Chinese game and all) 1) When asked a tough question deflect and distract to another topic. 2) NEVER GIVE UP THE CON!

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Its sounds a lot like their potato code got compromised and somebody figured out a way to access other ppls accounts. Short of this being some mass phishing incident, which I doubt or they wouldnt be doing anything but reminding players, they are likely underplaying how dangerous this is for account safety. Cause they claim their DB was not compromised and if thats true, pretty sure only way there would be suspicious activity is if somebody bypassed the login somehow with access to any(?) account they desire. Yes, sounds like doomsday talk but whenever have you seen PWE lift a finger over anything that wasnt actually massive issue?

As for other games to play, the single player RPG from PS and older nintendo hand consoles has pretty amazing MMORPG. Main problem with it is you cant run it on a toaster like you could do with PWI. Its bit older title but its one of the more popular MMORPGs currently and has plans for more expansions to come, next one likely being ~year from now. So now would be perfect time to start playing as there is almost overwhelming amount of content to get trough, specially if you are into crafting and stuff too. Well, its subscription based but if you cant dish that 15 bucks/month, I dunno wtf you are playing PWI for where costs are so much worse if you didnt start playing on the last decade pretty much.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • joven81
    joven81 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well, I just lost two accounts with no warning, possibly more. I don't have those emails anymore. Thanks PWI! No more cash for you, Ever!
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Enough of this BS...its time for someone to tell us why the game is being slowly chipped away at and destroyed! Before we have to use our cash/ money in mall. Come on tell us CN who ever you are?
    BTW people they do not have to give us back a single penny in this game. And they can close done this game and owe us nothing. Think its in the game guidelines when you sign up to play.
  • celokp
    celokp Posts: 27 Arc User
    LaiWaiSan was right there trying to claim chapter 11 and run with the money
  • aneles
    aneles Posts: 6 Arc User
    Wellp, I was hoping that somehow, maybe, the game might finally take a good turn, making people work more together as well... man.... even ppl who hardly even played anymore, started to be more active with all the new content!
    And now you do this...
    Congratulations PWI, you have reached the morons lvl 9000.
    If all the **** you have done in the past (and let's face it, there was a lot) didn't kill this game, this will most definitely do.

This is so disappointing, since I really enjoyed this game...
  • wrechid
    wrechid Posts: 2 Arc User
    I quit playing this public server 2 years ago, but I love looking at these rants...

My famous qoute for the day,

"Once you play private servers, you'll nvr come back to public..."
  • lucasgreencorn
    lucasgreencorn Posts: 4 Arc User
    i played swordsman private server 2008
  • rawrkit
    rawrkit Posts: 28 Arc User
    Lol sums up PWI and FW right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

Tried so hard... got so far.....
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Well I been playing on and off, but now no multi client? the fk rip my shop, rip my runs! bye pwi for most of us?
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • b1ademastr
    b1ademastr Posts: 12 Arc User
    mintcocoa wrote: »
    I'm not certain what PWI is thinking...

So, theres a problem with ARC.
    Now, everyone must log into PWI through ARC.

All I can say is, someone is not telling us the whole truth. I think they have decided this is what they want to do and will come up with any excuse at this point for force us all to comply with what they want.

I don't have a problem with ARC. I log in that way everyday.

What concerns me is the way they make these decisions.. first make guild base access difficult or non-exsistent to players that bought and paid for it. Now force them to play through ARC when many clearly do not want to. It's like the community is being punished for caring about this MMO. If we don't care.. it won't bother us so much. If we don't care.. why log on?

Its like google starts forcing ppl to log into their google gmail, youtube drive account from a unified dashboard citing better security and features and you can say bye to all google apps etc if you dont.
    you can no longer go directly to youtube and log in or gmail and log in.

Go through a google dashboard and then pass a security check and then be forwarded to them, amazing stuff xD
  • joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    An almost senior player speaking here: this is NO longer the game I love! :/ Sorry but I noticed with this last update right away how long it takes just to switch characters, the login screen is way too busy and PWI killed decomposing OHT gear! Why? It was a part of the economy since who knows when. Just look at my forum avatar, it's an old SS from before NW.

@kalystconquerer#0876 , like it has been said, you're not being clear about the suspicious activity and from what I can gather, it has to do with Arc and what, people are bypassing it? What is the big deal that you(I mean PWI), have to shoot yourself in the foot and stop multi-clienting totally? LOL I'm pretty much at endgame anyhow, not in the sense of gear, but yeah, my nuema ia almost maxxed, RB2, blah blah blah. I'm not logging to do dailies and bh's and caves for 2-3 hours or even 4 hours a day. That time is past. I still have one or two things left I want done(WS wep, whatever), but of course I want to get another character up there in gear, culti and it's hard to that without multi-clienting(I can solo SoT and have my 2nd toon in tow).

I don't care for this last update especially, and the one before, meh. I'm glad I could get the Neverfall culti done and nice skill upgrades and all glyphed, but the general content is lacking, all geared towards power creep, just getting a bit more OP than the next guy. Maybe I'll take a break and just log Jolly toons for the next 6 months, I don't care. I have spent some money on this game, but it was what I WANTED to spend it on, not what everyone else is doing(my gear is all farmed).

When the DQ system was taken away and drops no longer had value was the beginning of the end. I mean, you can't even load up a plain old image from your computer on to this forum in this Arc format. As far as Arc is concerned, it's a way to police and keep tabs on what we do here in PWI, if I'm wrong, sue me, but I don't think so.

Any normal MMO has some kind of drop/make coin from drop system, i.e. dq items, gear, pots, whatever. I'm starting to go on a rant so I'll rap it up with this: players(long-time, loyal) have made suggestions, revamp Nirvana, bring back coin valued items(I know JOJ was put in place to offset this but come on, even gear and pots with no coin value?), etc. Maybe it's time to listen PWI. :open_mouth:

One of my ideas would be to make OHT more viable and have special/rare gear that could be farmed(or mats to make those rare gears and sets) in OHT. Have certain dailies every day, but the mobs needed or that dropped said mats would change. A way to break from the cookie cutter endgame gear. Not everyone wants to get R9 and PVP everyday, LOL. Another thing would be to expand the normal questlist in the worldmap, bring more content besides instances to upper level players(100+). With that said, good luck with the Non-multi-clienting, you're going to need it PWI. o/
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I'm going to be monitoring the progress of the maintenance now and then checking when the fix goes live. I'll come back tomorrow to address any replies I missed during this time and then (plus, I'll have to be on tomorrow anyways to run Scholarly Challenge). As always, be sure to be respectful of each other and keep the criticisms constructive and meaningful. We'll be collecting all this feedback and seeing what actionables are available for us to take, not just for now but in the future.

Of the topics of interest I'd like to collect information on will be the following -
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options
    2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

* Please note on Arc Platform Improvements these will mostly be things like - making items/packs/content to give for being in the Arc ecosystem and seeing what sorts of features are in CN's platform. I am aware there are very extensive programs and scripts that will most likely NOT be in Arc, which includes things like the "Perfect Helper".

This is a very harrowing and difficult situation for everyone involved and I hope we can not only come to a speedy resolution, but turn the overall Arc experience into something positive for users going forward.
  • b1ademastr
    b1ademastr Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    And I was a part of that player ecosystem of using a second client. I run a second client to sell items.You're preaching to the choir with regards to the impact that we're painfully aware of. CN was also worried greatly about the impact since they had this feature built into their platform already (multi clienting).

The type of activity we noticed was enough to put this measure in place, so this should key you in on how serious this was.

Its not your fault either, its just that there are so many frustated players and no one to hear their voices or give appropiate response.
    You may not have the authority on decisions but atleast you are kind and pretty much the only staff member that responds anymore.(/?)

So they take it out on you even though you didnt do it or had the power to change that decision. You are just being butchered here like bad news bearer.

It would be nice if you could tell other staff members to be active here aswell and tell us more about stuff and answer questions and take suggestions as well as point out which ones cant be implemented and why not.

It would just be nice to have more ppl we all support and provide salary to with our money, to talk to us ?
    Is that too much to ask ?
    Just be active and interact with ppl who play your game and be more clear about game ?

I see that the devs and moderators are much more active on other games like neverwinter and all, look at your twitch stream. How much pwi gets streamed compared to other games.

if its really that hard, just hire ppl interested in pwi to begin with, rather than forcing the ones that like neverwinter and such to pay some attention here too.
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    Ya know, when a game has such a low player base like this. You have to treat it like the wild west. You have to ignore some rules of the TOS. Multi-window was one of those rules.

Reason for this is people filled the markets void where others stopped. One merchant quit. Someone else who was merchanting picks up that quit players demand. This was key for the economy due to how garbage the community size is.

This is also key for people completing some of their dailies. I have had to log into alts to bring on FSJ's because I have spent over an hour searching and failed to find a key class for a successful nuke run. This makes it tougher for the general base to accomplish a basic daily.

The main reason PWI still has an income is mainly gearing alts. This change gets rid of any alt progression with the aid of a main. Believe me you need that aid these days given the ridiculous grind you now need to commit to just for this poorly designed boundry level system.

They said they wouldnt change the Auction house price for gold due to fears of making the economy unstable. Well this will destroy all cat shops. Bravo PWI. You **** your playerbase.

• libby#2497
    libby#2497 Posts: 2 Arc User
    It just feels like PWI is taking away every bit of way we got for making money or farming. Even pack openers cannot find enough avenues now to sell all their stuff easily. Maybe no one will open packs as much because we cannot sell it faster enough cos.. we dont even have enough space to sell all our items.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    After what I been seeing during the last years I have to say I am happy that I stoped playing this game daily.
    Is a shame for the people that still was aiming for something on PWI, but now we can see that every action the company takes is more self-destructive than the previous one. The sad thing about all this is that they seem to care little to nothing about their games nowadays, even when they shot down a game, part of their announcement message is a copy-paste from the previous shoted down title.

I am not even gonna ask what the true reasons are, since either I gonna get an evasive reply (politician style), a lie, or not reply at all.

• dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    I'm going to be monitoring the progress of the maintenance now and then checking when the fix goes live. I'll come back tomorrow to address any replies I missed during this time and then (plus, I'll have to be on tomorrow anyways to run Scholarly Challenge). As always, be sure to be respectful of each other and keep the criticisms constructive and meaningful. We'll be collecting all this feedback and seeing what actionables are available for us to take, not just for now but in the future.

Of the topics of interest I'd like to collect information on will be the following -

* Please note on Arc Platform Improvements these will mostly be things like - making items/packs/content to give for being in the Arc ecosystem and seeing what sorts of features are in CN's platform. I am aware there are very extensive programs and scripts that will most likely NOT be in Arc, which includes things like the "Perfect Helper".

This is a very harrowing and difficult situation for everyone involved and I hope we can not only come to a speedy resolution, but turn the overall Arc experience into something positive for users going forward.

you dont even NEED player input for this. this is just distraction because they wont even consider what is suggested here because it will make too much sense.

1) multi-clienting should have never been a thing, save for having a shop account. current (as has been for quite a few years) limit is 2. it makes no sense to increase the limit to 6 unless PWE is going to officially take the stance that they support ppl solo'ing instances without having to involve another player. this is RATHER illogical for an MMO. the RULE as read off by CM after CM has been 2 clients logged in at any one time, one playing the game, and one as shop or some other task. why increase that limit if it will continue to destabilize the game. most of the people causing all the disruptive economic and hacker-y like situations at the ones running like 10+ clients from the same system.

2) ARC platform improvements: make it work. make sure the functionality is present AND TESTED EXHAUSTIVELY prior to implementing any change in user experience.

3*BONUS*) stop treating this playerbase like ****. that would go a looooooong way. 9 or so years now and its been deflect deflect deflect, smoking CMs like cheap cigarettes, encounter a problem, solve it by creating 2 new problems and half solving the first.

at some point you hit rock bottom.

• darkfightr2
    darkfightr2 Posts: 16 Arc User
    libby#2497 wrote: »
    It just feels like PWI is taking away every bit of way we got for making money or farming. Even pack openers cannot find enough avenues now to sell all their stuff easily. Maybe no one will open packs as much because we cannot sell it faster enough cos.. we dont even have enough space to sell all our items.

cant even transfer items from inv to an alt anymore either, wow pwi did really think this through. Have to mail it or have a really really really trushworthy friend to do it for you. Gl mailing dozens of items all the time D:

Well what do I know about programming but maybe the devs could like maybe figure out running 2 clients on arc and then force it on us rather than forcing now when it can run only 1 and then "promise" (not even promise, "will think of something about it") that in the future arc will allow 2 clients or more.

• lunar9
    lunar9 Posts: 4 Arc User
    so do we get up for xTW or not? ooo.oooo
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    actually Kaly did say they where looking at a way for arc to handle two clients at the same time.. maybe tommorow? lol kidding. But that would help a few people out for sure.
  • dynadad
    dynadad Posts: 8 Arc User
    The one common factor I see in most for the PWI **** jobs, is a serious lack of attention to how the changes made or expansions built, will affect the players and the game. You spend some much time putting out fires that should have never been started. I understand this is not mainly centered around the 6v6 snafu, but even that....what did you think people would happen with an event planned so poorly and without insight of any kind as to how the event could be manipulated. You are in dire need of consultants and or beta testers to produce a better product. Stop being reactive to the **** ups and start being proactive in preventing them. Bring back multi clienting or me and my family will find another game to play...and not one of yours.
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    suggested options for multi-client numbers : 4 ... if we are allowed 2 each, those that are married may at least be able to play with their spouse and run cat shops for each if needed. (damned be the kids or younger folks in the family)

suggested way to improve ARC: make it not lag ppl the hell out when they use it with PWI. How are you going to do that? I don't know.. that's not my job.

Oh.. one more thing.. let us have a friggin faction bases back without having to log in our alts and have them on follow in Flowsilver Palace.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    somebody bring back that old "soon" meme. this is the perfect opportunity for it.
  • clerical#1095
    clerical#1095 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I love alts.
    I love making new classes and learning them.
    I love gearing up alts to a decent level.
    I love logging all my alts at once and doing dailies or trying to solo instances.

Everything I loved about this game is dead now without my cute little alt army.
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    Easy answer: 3 accounts
    Complex answer: 2 simple accounts with no/nearby no amount of cash in wallet
    plus 8 accounts if these accounts owning a specific charged amount for PWI

So people who also paying for this game getting more options.

Security
    Main improvement which should going on are the security options.
    This is why I am already using arc since it was available.
    I highly expect that you will be up-to-date for all these security matters.

Friend/Family Option
    Implement a friend/family option for sharing account with different security levels in ARC by combining such ARC accounts.
    Your game content and player base community is not designed for single player mode anymore.
    In addition, also allow to combine the own accounts (as mentioned under topic 1) for having a full picture of these accounts).

Arc-Quest
    Remove this option. It is just annoying with all these messages and rarely involving PWI features.
    and dont bring to much things into arc client. It just will give attackers more options to find exploits.

So, I just woke up and normally playing PWI in the morning on weekends - during week its even hard to logon due to work.
    Sad to see that you still working on emergency part on this issue because its existing for years now. For me, this hasnt an emergency character anymore and I am sorry to see how rude some people act in this forum ...
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    saxroll wrote: »
    I am curious, are you guys intentionally trying to find ways to drive ppl away and in process kill rest of the playerbase left?

that was my first thought when i got msged this morning - and i predicted the game would not survive 2018, here we go.
    was a good run guys, but seems like we will finally be free.

so what is that serious issue and why cant you name it?
    why dont you just disable arc quests, if you are suddenly so annoyed by the "money" they generate?