Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• sgt0331
    sgt0331 Posts: 32 Arc User
    After 9 years I salute you pwi. And another bite the dust. Bye
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I've already had to delete direct links to other games, I dont want to keep a heavy moderating hand.

@ninna321 I've played the game a long time before working here. I used multi clienting to sell herbs to get the materials for R9 and my gears. Ive been there, done that. I know that this is vital to the PWI economy. This is not something that was done lightly, as we knew the impact it was going to have.

@candiiie I was a player when they first introduced Core, thats how old (and much older!) I am. I remember there was Core achievements and you got free stuff from doing all the little quests. So as far as why Core/Arc became a thing, I wouldnt know. There is nothing wrong with the platform itself (like a flaw) so much that users are circumventing the Arc ecosystem in general, and having been doing so for years in PWI.
  • rawrkit
    rawrkit Posts: 28 Arc User
    I've already had to delete direct links to other games, I dont want to keep a heavy moderating hand.

@ninna321 I've played the game a long time before working here. I used multi clienting to sell herbs to get the materials for R9 and my gears. Ive been there, done that. I know that this is vital to the PWI economy. This is not something that was done lightly, as we knew the impact it was going to have.

@candiiie I was a player when they first introduced Core, thats how old (and much older!) I am. I remember there was Core achievements and you got free stuff from doing all the little quests. So as far as why Core/Arc became a thing, I wouldnt know. There is nothing wrong with the platform itself (like a flaw) so much that users are circumventing the Arc ecosystem in general, and having been doing so for years in PWI.

"We don't want to have to quit playing this game... but you guys are making it harder and harder...."
  • sharpestsharpie
    sharpestsharpie Posts: 27 Arc User
    Something that could help alleviate some of the economical hit, is maybe provide dragon oath scrolls for free until the issue with multiclienting has been figured out? this would allow people to still buy/sell items. i would already have a commission shop, but 18 gold/month just to keep the shop up is quite steep for someone who doesnt move a whole lot of items.
  • ninna321
    ninna321 Posts: 19 Arc User

I'm obviously not blaming u Kalysto, u dont make the choices of whats decided, im just voicing my general opinion never have i complained once thn just today about this
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    To lay this rumor to rest- this not, and I repeat NOT, for arena 6v6 abuse
    People might be more sympathetic if you would tell us what this IS to combat, otherwise everyone just starts to draw their own conclusions (like 6v6) and decides for themselves that the additional security measures are unncessary. If you could actually explain to people the severity of whatever abuse was taking place, they might actually then agree that such a drastic measure is necessary. But as long as you don't tell us, everyone is just going to rage endlessly. Thanks.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    6v6 has been abused by so many that stopping it now just turns this into another issue like the **** NP promos again if PWCN and PWI actually communicated properly abuse wouldn’t happen like this. Now you want to make more a power creep? Glad I don’t even try anymore but just log these forums for a laugh
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • lexxfx
    lexxfx Posts: 47 Arc User
    PWI #5 on PWE's game kill list.
  • legendaryaura12
    legendaryaura12 Posts: 15 Arc User
    OK, if i cannot multiclient i might aswell get rdy to quit honestly , Who in their right mind is gonna dedicate their only Toon to a catshop, there will be ZERO catshops up, good bye economy.... ppl cant help themselves, if you really think the pwi base is that helpful u havent watched wc and the ppl spamming for help when they already in a faction.. alot of ppl dont help so they multiclient so they can help themselves with buffs or to sell stuff they gather over time, having this gone for even a day is Rediculous....This problem needs to be adresses ASAP , as in Get to work cause ur about to lose alot of ppl .
  • b1ademastr
    b1ademastr Posts: 12 Arc User
    wow..been a player for 9 years but never had something bothered me about pwi to go complain on the forum.
    But this is just wow. Thanks pwi.
    I have seen players leave pwi with every new update and lack of response or action to fix the problems by devs.
    I dont want to see more leave since new players to the game are already an impossible dream because of gear gap unless they are heavy spenders which no new guy would do on a new game he is trying and looks dead with so less players.

Im okay with the whole arc to launch pwi thing as long as we have the option to disable the defender which is annoying because my public ip is not static and its annoying to save a new computer each time.

Also in the future how about testing it out,
    how arc can allow 2 clients per person and then forcing users to use arc to launch the game ?
    rather than forcing people to do it like this when arc can only allow 1.
    I care about this game but it would be (already is to some extent) un-playable with a low population of players.

So how about not letting more players leave please ?
  • candiiie
    candiiie Posts: 28 Arc User

I can definitely appreciate a PWE Employee who knows the game. But even you have to admit that for the current state and health of the game, this definitely won't help it. I am just hoping that this doesn't backfire to both users and GMs. Or some kind of middle ground will be found because this is a bit insane.

Now you've revitalized old systems like factions and its base, people are actually interested into playing together once again. But again, without being able to multiclient, it is hard to build an economy as well as a gameplay experience for everyone. So here's hoping there will be a way to alleviate those things.
    giphy.gif
  • kaitbear
    kaitbear Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hello PWI players!

Due to the most recent update, the ability to multi-clienting will be impacted. While we work towards fixing this in the future, you may discuss this recent change here.

All forum rules still apply. Any duplicate threads about this issue will be merged into this one.

We thank you for your understanding while we work to get multi-clienting back.

Regards,

The PWI Crew

the game is being killed by these random changes my friends list got smaller cause half of it quit already -,- please stop killing the game!
  • kaitbear
    rawrkit wrote: »
    wadzio wrote: »
    Anyone can suggest a new nice game to play?

Chris Roberts is making a nice one... unfortunately it won't be out for a decade or two longer.... RO died pretty quickly after it came out, it was fun to fight stuff but you couldn't get so powerful you could do it all like PWI had....

I donno man.... MMO wise the pickings are getting kinda slim for new ones that will last.... I don't understand why older ones like PWI are so hellbent on destroying themselves with updates like these..... Ones that have worked for over a decade and then they impliment some bs that changes how a good chunk of people play and directly impact the ones that spend the most money...

PREACH ON BROTHER LOL so true
  • kaitbear
    ninna321 wrote: »
    I have no words for this, of all the things that have been done
    you've officially signed the games death sentence

this game cannot run on only cashopping! we are in need of multi clienting from the way ur making it sound
    seems this wont even be available to us for several months...

Learn your own game and how the game is played before shutting down ur business

Ur basically are making ur player base boycot cashopping activities and spam tickets, congrats id say

I AGREE!!!! they are shooting them selfs in the mother ship
  • kaitbear
    i would advise to fix this quite quickly or this game really will die...and this better not be the 6 month in the works fix, If the game dies i would like a very good refund of all the money I have put into the game for the past 6 months. I would hope you guys can understand where we come from as this is a pay to win game and can be very expensive and so many people putting so much money into this game. You will have such a very hard time continuing forward if this isnt fixed rather quickly. As well I understand the need for the protection of us but at the same time such a change that will affect multiple customers so drasticly so quickly is not a very wise decision for a game that doesnt have much of a population to begin with. I am despratley hoping you guys learn from this issue moving forward and make a little better planning as far as your customer basis and protection.

AGREE SO TRUE!!!
  • b1ademastr

So "This is not something that was done lightly, as we knew the impact it was going to have."

You knew the impact and just didnt care ?
    Was the reason really big enough to justify some really good people leaving the game ?
    Can you gurantee the number of players who join after this "much required action" will be equal in number to replace the number of players who leave due to this ?

also thinking from a capitalist working in pwi`s point of view, will the new players who join the game attracted by this "much required update" be as big spenders as the old ones that leave who spent thousands on gears and continued to do so ?
  • kaitbear
    thewacko wrote: »
    and can anyone say another nail in the coffin...​​

THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN!! hands you shovel LMAO!
  • sombre0verseau
    sombre0verseau Posts: 6 Arc User
    This is an extremely concerning issue, I have a small faction and have been even having a hard time opening it back up without multi-clienting after this update. I work 12hr night shifts and being able to leave my catshop up and my main char in ror to at least get some exp during the time I'm away, is extremely helpful. It also allows for easier check in's (and considering that my rewards from doing a non-perfect full year of check in's on 2 toons are completely gone, title included) this feels like another huge shaft and a middle finger to the face.

I understand that it is for suspicious activity but you were saying it was arc related activity not in-game related so how does restricting our reach help to investigate these suspiciouns that PWI is looking into? Additionally I'd like to ask what these suspicions are based on, since you previously stated that it was no related to the 6v6 arena business.
  • lunar9
    lunar9 Posts: 4 Arc User
    It would seem that a clear explanation of the problem would help settle the player base. Honesty and clarity are wonderful attributes.

Anything that is happening must be able to be shared. It can't be a breach of business confidentiality as too much has been said already.

Until then the conjecture and distrust will continue. The old hurts with badly managed previous issues will continue to resurface and we lose more good people.

In itself its a great game. Listening to the senoiur players and working towards sustainable solutions would help us keep something so many of us enjoy....alive.

• shannahand
    shannahand Posts: 12 Arc User
    There is really NOTHING that can be said to resolve this, this was it, I am a 8 year player myself who will now only log my main toon to do dailies and the occasional TW. No more gearing new players, no more building new players, no more....anything... 80% of your player base will NOT be logging in after this update. Enjoy your self inflicted wound PWE...UNLESS...the plan was to kill this game all along. If that is not the goal, you fooled the hell out of me and about 80% of your player base!
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    So.. they make it so smaller factions have to log alts to run fsd to open their bases. Now we can't even do that! HOW THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO OPEN OUR BASES AND KEEP THEM OPEN? Oh yea.. I forgot.. PWI doesn't give a c r a p. GG PWI.
  • b1ademastr
    edited February 2018
    So.. they make it so smaller factions have to log alts to run fsd to open their bases. Now we can't even do that! HOW THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO OPEN OUR BASES AND KEEP THEM OPEN? Oh yea.. I forgot.. PWI doesn't give a ****. GG PWI.

Its already sad that you have to do it...
    They just want ppl to gear up alts/themselves with the credit cards and do fsd and high level instances for that.

if they really cared then this feature (which is quite good, making players work together for thier own base) could be implemented on small level too but they just dont care.

Like a bunch of 60`s form same guild do bh51, they get points to open the base too.

"But no, only high levels can contribute to their bases now, small levels are meaningless for us and anything less than a fsd wont help you anymore so charge and get in on the new extremely hard instances if you want a base !!!"

This should be implied on low levels too, they are a part of the faction and should be able to contribute to the base even if they cant or dont like fsd etc.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    As implode said earlier in this thread, without giving us specifics, people will draw their own conclusions, and they won't be happy ones. Gotta be honest, this line here kinda speaks to my own personal worst-case-scenario, which is that I'm sure some of your higher-ups would love to crack down on non-Arc use.

And y'know what... if that's what it is? I'd prefer they give you the authorization to just tell us that. You'll lose people, no doubt... but I think we all know that ship's already sailed. So if your higher-ups care at all about getting anyone back, now is the time for the full story.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • mintcocoa
    mintcocoa Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm not certain what PWI is thinking...

So, theres a problem with ARC.
    Now, everyone must log into PWI through ARC.

All I can say is, someone is not telling us the whole truth. I think they have decided this is what they want to do and will come up with any excuse at this point for force us all to comply with what they want.

I don't have a problem with ARC. I log in that way everyday.

What concerns me is the way they make these decisions.. first make guild base access difficult or non-exsistent to players that bought and paid for it. Now force them to play through ARC when many clearly do not want to. It's like the community is being punished for caring about this MMO. If we don't care.. it won't bother us so much. If we don't care.. why log on?
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    By the way, someone told me Cat Shops are leaving also, Is this true? If so...just like people not using AH to buy and sell gold, and sale it themselves, why not do same with items also. Take charge of this situation and buy and sale to each other via world chat.."WTB" and "WTS" then do trade for transaction. Good luck all, this could be it for me also. So many things taken away from us to make coins. It is just not fun anymore to me. This game has lost the ability to make it fun. The Wonderland is not adult like fun and just a diversion for now. The fact the game has been strongly pushing multiple sales on us like crazy makes sense. To obtain as much money from us as possible before all this is dumped on us and we leave. So sad, and honesty I play to get away from real life money problems and worries, to relax and have fun. It has changed now game just like real life problems. And I know, I have played PWI and my toon that I love since this 2010. Good Luck All!!
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Ya know. You multi client people are amazing.

I mean if you have a alt on a legitimate account you use just for your catshop just install a virtual machine like VMware and install PWI on it. Then log into your catshop there.

Sure it's going to cost some processing in a couple of CPU cores and some hard drive space but it will work. I think.

(Virtualbox will not work)
  • only1wish
    only1wish Posts: 37 Arc User
    Others have said it, i'll say it too - be honest. Tell us what is happening!

Nothing can top the news that people cant log an alt even for buffs if they need to. No pv, no help for bh, no catshopping... ok, i am going to live without all of those. But why?

After all the mess ups, a little honesty to show us why your decision was the correct one, could save at least a portion of the people who're about to leave now, because they're really fed up with all the bs throughout the years and now they're just done with the game....

Whatever your goal is, explain us why you had to do an emergency maintaince? Why not a normal one? What's the rush?

• rawrkit
    rawrkit Posts: 28 Arc User
    So I was trying to read through the FW Forums and see if there was any explination there either... But it seems your players over there are saying essentially the same thing... You're(PWE) going to willingly kill both games because "security concerns" but with no actual show of what these concerns are.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Remove 6v6 and punish those with final cape/ring (was impossible to achieve at this point without abuse). Better than disrupt all players.

Even a top 3v3 squad was a cash player with his alt..

[/quote]
    And I was a part of that player ecosystem of using a second client. I run a second client to sell items.You're preaching to the choir with regards to the impact that we're painfully aware of.

Then you became a GM and forgot about the player point of view and player opinions.

If the issue is so severe, why haven't you said what it is? Seems you're just trying all these random fixes and maints to fix an issue you know is there but not exactly what it is.

#kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • evilhearted22
    evilhearted22 Posts: 14 Arc User
    How is being evasive helping anything? PWE is fueling conspiracy theories by refusing to communicate honestly with the player base. Expecting people to play 20 questions of "is it this?" "no" "Is it that?" makes things worse. Even if it's the usual callous IDGAF attitude from PWE, consider people don't want to hand over money to a company that vaguely says "security concerns" and won't clarify...
    Characters:
    JustAllEvils, Dawnglory veno