Hello PWI players!
The PWI team here would like to take a moment to remind you of how to keep your account safe.
1) Create Strong and Varied Passwords - Keep passwords between all your online accounts varied and different. Having 1-3 universally used passwords you rotate between puts you at a huge risk of losing not just your access to your PW account but could compromise things like the email accounts associated with those passwords. With regards to emails specifically - make sure you are using different passwords for emails you're using here and any other online services you're using.
2) Do not Enter Your Login Credentials on Unofficial Third Party Sites - We include this in our welcome message when you first log into the game. No mater how official the third party site you are visiting looks, do not use the credentials you are longing in with here on sites that aren't trustworthy. This also includes sites such as Gold Selling or Coin Selling sites. There have been various scams over the years (wedding registries, coin and gold farming sites) so please be careful about where you are entering your credentials.
3) Do not Share Your Login Credentials With Anyone - Its easy to just give access to a friend to do dailies, to your in-game spouse to do Marriage Quest, or share a password for a farming character throughout a guild. But understand that, not only is this practice not allowed in our TOS, this can also compromise your security if something goes wrong. Even if you trust the person you are sharing your credentials with, you can't trust what will happen to those credentials in the case of that user getting compromised. Keep yourself protected and don't share your login credentials to anyone.
So what can you do if you're concerned about your accounts' safety?
1) If you haven't already, update your passwords to your PW account as well as your email address.
2) Be sure to update these passwords as frequently as possible.
Thank you for playing PWI and stay safe!