I am impressed. The new faction trials are AWESOME!

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
SO we (Crisis) just finished the faction trials (yesterday evening, lol) and I gotta say...Thank you PWE.

Not only are some of the Trials fun and require coordination and teamwork, the rewards are pretty nice too. Now you can farm Astrospira level 2 as a faction (12? for yourself and 120 for the faction bank if you do all trials per week) for the new players so they can catch up quicker (without living in heavenfall temple and still get rekt by luck). You also get some G17 mats, some Chart Exp, some Avatar Exp and some A/S-Packs as well.

Let's also not forget the new mats to craft S-Cards. However, I was a bit disappointed by the quantity of the items you get. I got 7 of one type of those items after 10 trials.

Also, the server-first title looks neat (or will when fixed) and the title for completing all trials is a nice boost in stats (20 att, 30 def (both types each ofc)).

So thanks again and we will be looking forward to doing more trials!!!

PS. Once mastered I don't think all 10 Trials will take more than 1,5 - 2 hours in total.

Comments

• rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    What would really be awesome is if factions could DO them. My faction can't even get in the gd base yet... STILL
  • jsxshadow
    Mhm, that's weird tho, if you complete all the faction goals (3x 8+ fac mates jfsp, JDH and UDP) alone you should be able to get the base to open up, that is, if it was open to begin with. iirc you cannot set/activate faction goals without the base...so it seems you are bound to run the instances until you got enough ressources to open the base. However, I do not remember if thats the case or if some goals are there from scratch.

You also get loyalties from doing trials, feed the base pet and such...so it should not be hard for any mid-scale faction to keep the base going once it's opened.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Well we had an issue, which persisted for over 20 hours where we met all the requirements to do trials, we just did not have option to start them. Then again what to expect from a game, which is coded by incompetent monkeys. I am not completely sure what we did to fix it though but oh meh, should be able to actually start trials today and hopefully its gonna be a decent ride.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • christer
    christer Posts: 60 Arc User
    If I may ask, how many faction members did the trials, at the same time or did you have different time zones they went in as squads?
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    We were able to finish all 10 trials with around 40 members present. So even smaller factions shud be able to do them if they all come together at some point in the weekend or something.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    I enjoyed them. It was a lot of fun with everybody.
  • jsxshadow
    saxroll wrote: »
    Well we had an issue, which persisted for over 20 hours where we met all the requirements to do trials, we just did not have option to start them. Then again what to expect from a game, which is coded by incompetent monkeys. I am not completely sure what we did to fix it though but oh meh, should be able to actually start trials today and hopefully its gonna be a decent ride.

We only managed to start them after the reset from monday to sunday, since that's when the trials are supposed to reset iirc. After the update til Sunday it wasn't possible for anyone. Is that the issue you are talking about or something else?
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    I have got to say I throughly enjoyed the new trials and we managed to complete it with 40ish people as well roughly 50-60 came for trial 10.

I have got to say after running it on a Monday night it was kind of weird but, I guess that’s what you get for trying to complete it first.
    After that initial rush to try and get that title I think we’ll be able to better organize and actually set up times to do trials properly.

Some were interesting some had mechanics you made no use of such as tanks in a trail where not once are you prompted to get in said tank.

I have got to say I wish the prizes for the faction could be distributed after the end of each trial with a system that a player could opt in and out of for prizes they don’t need or want. However giving a single mount for clearing trial 10 to an entire faction is going to cause some issues at best.

• keihan007#7641
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    saxroll wrote: »

We only managed to start them after the reset from monday to sunday, since that's when the trials are supposed to reset iirc. After the update til Sunday it wasn't possible for anyone. Is that the issue you are talking about or something else?

We could not start the trials till after Echo had finished theirs as we did try to talk to them to see if we missed something It turned out our base was just legit glitched and after talking with ppl a bit more what we did was we took everybody out of base for 15mins to reset the place like we would reset any instance to fix it. I dont know why our base glitched though but thats how we fixed it but obviously that was hardly the first thing we tried meaning the faction is pretty frustrated at trials before doing any of them, lol.

• ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The trials really were fun! It was refreshing to have an actual challenge for once. Granted with a large number some trials were really easy. But some of the others were really well done. While it was chaos to learn I had so much fun, haven't had that much fun in pwi in a very long time!

hOXoIHk.png

Also cannot wait for this title to be fixed, please dont add that ugly white boarder around the titles, the red one for obtaining all 10 titles is great but that white outline kills it... not quite sure why you do that. Might be hard to see but id rather be hard to see then completely ugly :pensive:

TWCpMBe.png

wIUie73.png

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    even when you act like its not about you - another show-off thread from Joe *claps hands*

what about the 66% of your guild that didnt participate in your selfish attempt to get a useless title?

• wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    This game would not WOULD NOT even be here, if not for ummm NORMAL people. What built the popularity of this game>?. A abundance of Normal folk thats what. It built the foundation for the longevity of its life. Normal folks, yup the peeps that are being driven out like there cancer or something...everyone can come up with there own words to describe this.
  • chipboy
    chipboy Posts: 56 Arc User
    If people in your faction weren't at the 10th Trial did they still get the server first title?
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    chipboy wrote: »
    If people in your faction weren't at the 10th Trial did they still get the server first title?

No.. which is a little weird cuz technically only 100 ppl can be in a trial at a time, and it would be impossible to get 200 ppl together. So we've been ticketing 1.) cuz the title is horrendously broken and 2) the whole faction should get it since its a faction title.. So waiting to hear back from them on what thats going to be like.

V1FFNm4.png
  • chipboy
    edited February 2018
    yeah those were the 2 things I'd be saying as well, hopefully they can fix that for you guys
    Do you have to be there for all 10 Trials to get the server first or just the 10th trial?
    Post edited by chipboy on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I wonder if ppl will still be excited about it in 2-3 months
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    The title name in the UI is probably more of a UI issue we can address with them without needing a huge update to fix (hopefully). The title not showing up for some users who obtained it was just passed to me today when I had stepped out of the office before coming back for maintenance. I'm forwarding this now to the devs to see how they can resolve it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

For the reset of trials and people being locked out - this was a noted issue when I drafted the patchnotes for the forums
    KNOWN ISSUES

[...]

Faction Base
    • Faction Base should only reset once a week aat 0:00 every Monday.
    • At 24:00 Tuesday, all players in the Faction Base will be forcibly teleported out.
    • At 24:00 Tuesday, if there are no players in the Faction Base, the Faction Base Trials will reset on Wednesday at 0:00
    [/list]

Did the "not being able to enter" occur sometime between Sunday and Tuesday?
    Because this will not be fixed until the next update, players can run trials theoretically twice a week, if they so choose to.

If Loyalty/Chivalry gain is not consistent with the in-game messaging please let me know so I can check this again with our team.
    xe47rkewhd56.png
  • andadina1
    andadina1 Posts: 41 Arc User
    The title name in the UI is probably more of a UI issue we can address with them without needing a huge update to fix (hopefully). The title not showing up for some users who obtained it was just passed to me today when I had stepped out of the office before coming back for maintenance. I'm forwarding this now to the devs to see how they can resolve it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

For the reset of trials and people being locked out - this was a noted issue when I drafted the patchnotes for the forums
    KNOWN ISSUES

[...]

Faction Base
    • At 24:00 Tuesday, all players in the Faction Base will be forcibly teleported out.
    • At 24:00 Tuesday, if there are no players in the Faction Base, the Faction Base Trials will reset on Wednesday at 0:00
    [/list]

Because this will not be fixed until the next update, players can run trials theoretically twice a week, if they so choose to.

If Loyalty/Chivalry gain is not consistent with the in-game messaging please let me know so I can check this again with our team.
    xe47rkewhd56.png

as the picture says if you do jfsp for example you should get 20 chivalry 10 mushi and 10 belle. but players get just 10 per run
  • chipboy
    edited February 2018
    andadina1 wrote: »

KNOWN ISSUES

[...]

Faction Base
    [/list]

xe47rkewhd56.png

as the picture says if you do jfsp for example you should get 20 chivalry 10 mushi and 10 belle. but players get just 10 per run

You can only get 10 chivalry per day not per run so you can get a max of 70 chivalry per week
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    im curious if its just really 1 day trial.

this is included in patch notes..
    "Each level can be completed once per week". You can not open two levels at the same time. To enter Level 10, you have to complete all 9 levels before it first.

so this is not correct since people already completed the whole thing...
    another one to remove in patchnotes......
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    I think you might be reading it wrong - it means that the 1st trial can only be completed once per week, the 2nd trial can only be completed once per week, etc. Not that you can only do 1 trial per week.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2018

KNOWN ISSUES

[...]

Faction Base
    [/list]

xe47rkewhd56.png

did anyone point out yet that any faction that completed trials it's thanks to a bug for which u can still open and complete all the trials without have the loyalty score for it?

that said, can you repeat trials more than once a week or are they once a week? or is this bugged aswell​​
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User

KNOWN ISSUES

[...]

Faction Base
    [/list]

xe47rkewhd56.png

Had no problems at all after reset starting the trials. Everything had reset, we farmed the 10 chivalry needed and then started the trials without a hitch.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    It's not a bug unless you mean to say you could open something like trial 1 with less than 100 Loyalty Points, if that's the case ignore the rest of this. Loyalty Points are not something that is spent or consumed, it's a pre-requisite to be able to start the trials. If they were meant to be spent, that'd be...pretty inconvenient for even the top factions on all servers, because that means you'd need to earn 20850 Loyalty Points total. I don't think any faction in their right mind would bother with that much effort.

To answer your second question, it's intended that you can only complete each trial once per week (from what I read on a news post), so you can only complete trial 1 once in a week, trial 2 once in a week, and so on. However there is a bug that Kalyst already mentioned where trials reset in the middle of the week or something so technically you could run 2 sets in a week if you're fast enough.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • valdisman

KNOWN ISSUES

[...]

Faction Base
    [/list]

xe47rkewhd56.png

Had no problems on Et with entering and starting trials after the faction base reset. Got people their 10 chivalry req, went in and was able to start the first trial.

Personally didn't think it could be completed though due to the amount of loyalty points needed is 20850 total?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • valdisman

KNOWN ISSUES

[...]

Faction Base
    [/list]

xe47rkewhd56.png

Had no problems on Et with entering and starting trials after the faction base reset. Got people their 10 chivalry req, went in and was able to start the first trial.

Personally didn't think it could be completed though due to the amount of loyalty points needed is 20850 total?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I don't think Loyalty Points are meant to be consumed because 20850 Loyalty Points per week is impossible to achieve even if you have 200 active players that gather all possible Chivalry Points and complete all the possible weekly goals. The max number of points I calculated was around 15000, with maybe 17000 if you add in the additional weekly goals.

I was under the impression that Available Loyalty Points/Funds don't accumulate but reset weekly so if, let's say, you got 6000 points in week 1 and 3000 points in week 2, then week 3 will have 3000 points not 9000. If the points/funds do accumulate, then consuming points/funds for trials seems more reasonable but 20850 still seems like too much. I don't think the Chinese players would be okay with that even if they are hardcore farmers.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    edited February 2018
    even when you act like its not about you - another show-off thread from Joe *claps hands*

what about the 66% of your guild that didnt participate in your selfish attempt to get a useless title?

Lol, always those side-stabs vs me.

Ok:

1. I didn't start the trials and only by chance noticed that they were doing it.
    2. I wasnt even at home and afk'ed through most of the later trials and only participated in the first via TeamViewer (btw, FTW!).
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    dingo488 wrote: »
    We were able to finish all 10 trials with around 40 members present. So even smaller factions shud be able to do them if they all come together at some point in the weekend or something.

40??? Yea.. my faction is not a small faction, but we had 6 people on today. We managed to run a "faction" fsd today, but that was only because a couple ppl put alts in the faction so we would get our stupid 10 points in HOPES to open the faction base sometime this century.

40 would mean that ALL our active players would have to log on at the same time (which NEVER happens, because the game is INTERNATIONAL, and some of our players are dead asleep when others are awake and playing)

• keihan007#7641
    This game is not active enough for these kind of trials. The large factions, 1-2 per server, can do them, the rest not so much. They are some of the best content I`ve seen in this game though but sadly our playerbase isnt really made for them any longer. All in all I did enjoy my time after we got enough ppl to effectively do them but it does require that ~40 ppl to actually finish them imo.