PWI Wonderland: Bugs/Problems/ & Likes and Dislikes.

Comments

• greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    heero200 wrote: »
    • Like: Glyphs for lucky coins exchange.
    • Dislike: Removal of neverfall squire badge glyph exchange***
    Can we get the latter here noted as a major dislike, please? The faction bases thing is important, but this is not getting the attention it deserves and I can't help but think the devs wanted this to fly under the radar.

Only one person noted the former as a "like," they didn't post any supporting details as to why, and I can't think of anyone else who likes it. These changes result in F2P players paying for something they used to be able to farm. That is, objectively, a terrible move and it needs to be mitigated.

Noted​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Like: ability to res in FSP, so people can come back fast on bosses. It helped in a JFSP, when 3 people died on Succubus and came back where they died because my mystic used res buffed. Killed the Succubus without spending time holding her.

Dislike: Big ado about this new Adventure Park and all the videos and generation of excitement, then guess what? One day before the expansion we find out its not out for 2 weeks more.

Dislike: No advanced notice about the changes about the faction bases. Oh yeah, one days notice is good enough for PWI, I forgot.

Dislike: 1k loyalty per week average for 4 weeks even after opening the base. Alot of factions are like a family and some of those factions liked having a base, it gave them something to do, base quests, leveling up the base, even base trials and some worked hard to level up their base and were proud of their faction accomplishments. One recommendation is lower the requirement to 500 per week, that is pretty easy to get if you do DFSP as a faction daily.

Dislike: With the base lock down and loyalty requirements, you have now alienated the new players and those less than 100 and RA1. Many lower levels liked helping the faction base by doing base quests.

Potential dislike: From what I heard, CN server is PvP, when are they gonna force all our server to be PvP? CN does not understand the international market are not the same mentality, we have too many countries and too many different opinions. Most of us do not come from a communistic mentality, which tends to be focused on one thought.

Noted​​
    avatarfreeman Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Like: Glyphs for lucky coins exchange.
    Dislike: Removal of neverfall squire badge glyph exchange***
    I like when PWI had quest to get Glyph and also in Primail when we got C-packs and silver coins

Noted​​
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    My faction Leader try to see if we could run it most G-16 ra 2 i was actually surprised took us forever to kill the first guy we all look at each other and straight up tap out.

I went in aps but that boss every time we thought he die he heal also seem like every time i spark he heal same with a genie skill tanging mire he heal like certain things we were doing triggered his heal?

Finally kill him but looking at are charms repair bill time it took crunch some numbers it wasn't a good investment so we could do what open a base and look at stuff we can't have that will reset and close on sunday every week that's just pure you know what.

looks around waiting for stalking troll lol
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Keys got lazy put in so creation stone and mount are one and the same.....
    Creation stone has always been a ? icon in keys and is now displayed as the mount when you win it.....
    I have opened nearly 1k keys and have seen it pop up multiple times as this just nvr the mount as one.....
    tinyurl.com/KeysBugged

Note 17​​
  • zoey4u12
    zoey4u12 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Mystic Skill Gaia's Blessing /white glyphed: not working or skill describtion is totally wrong!!
    Skill describtion says: effect ends after 12 seconds! I was testing with seeker into fights -> skill not worked puri not worked, even not after effect should be done. PVE: skill used on boss, and debuffs runned out just by natural way, after 12 seconds was still debuffed. Debuff runned out after 16 seconds (more because count started with using skill).

Note 18​​
  • silentforcex
    silentforcex Posts: 4 Arc User
    when will the code be sent out for the goldfish mount, wonderland has launched but still no code for it for the people who charged
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    this is just additional update with regards to saving summer lvl 90 daily quest

they replied to my ticket
    -Removed- Not allowed to post tickets to forums.

this is the dig quest that they needed to spawn. since they too lazy to spawn this
    i link the thunderchest
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine/36062

been verified by Lunatize(Twilight Temple) since i asked her to see if the dig location is there.... guess what still not there.
    if they have slightly the intention of fixing this.. please fix it

UPDATE NOV. 6,2017

so it seems i tried a bunch of alts with the previous saving summer quest and other stuff. the quest had been changed to winter stuff. yes its verified that pwi changed it. those with previous old quest can just trash the old quest still have the new set of quest.
    i recommend to remove my issue to the list of stuff but add it into information so people who has it knows what to do next.

Note 2 change in seasonal event​​
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Ah, I took a look at your situation with your quest and I think I can see what the issue is. The daily quest you're referring to is Fall's Fall I assume, based on the pwdatabase link you provided. The daily quest you're doing is a type of seasonal one; it will change usually every large update (like this expansion). In this case the Autumn Harbinger is gone and has been replaced with the Winter Harbinger, which means a new set of quests each day.

Unfortunately this means you wouldn't be able to complete that quest anymore since the Thunder Chest won't spawn until Fall's Fall returns much later on in the year. You should be able to trash the quest and do the Winter is Coming quests from the Winter Harbinger, though.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    There is no NPC to start faction trials upon entering?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • romandale
    romandale Posts: 1 Arc User
    why does pwi still continue after 24hrs? never had any game take so long to install and update...how much more time of mine is going to be wasted? still downloading
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The Sanguine glyph effect of Cornered Beast is not an error. This was intentional. Are barbs OP now? Yes and No.

Yes, because the skill-set allows for insane advantages vs any other class.

No, because you still need to be somewhat smart/skilled to make it matter.

The only massive negative point about this expansion is that NO ONE COMMUNICATED that faction merit is going to be lost upon this update and that some items you could buy are not available anymore. I am so sorry for the people that have invested months to gain enough merit to get the base helmet. That was a very bad move.

As for the issue with the base lockout: thats no issue. The only worthwhile thing to do now in a base are the new trials, smaller guilds cant do them anyways aka the base being open or not doesnt matter at all in 99% of the cases. The lost merit is 10000x times worse.

Noted​​
  • quofan
    quofan Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    having my base open matters a lot to me being archer, my ammo is in there, also where the hell is Granny Sunn??

Noted​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Lv1 glyphs have orange name again (when they are on the floor as drops) instead of purple.
    Last boss in UP goes briefly into immune when you aggro it. Probably to fix the bug people had where he would stay perma immune.

Note 19​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    For Faction Bases - I sent an email off to CN asking a few questions about the faction base stuff here is what I asked -
    1) If an existing base is locked down and the faction does not complete the 1,000 loyalty points, is it locked forever?
    2) How long will existing bases be locked for?
    3) If a new base is created, does it get locked down?
    4) If a new base is created, do they need to get the 1,000 Loyalty Points per week?
    5) If an existing base hits 1,000 Loyalty one week, then does not the next week, does the base become locked until they achieve 1,000 loyalty points again?

this is what I got in response
    In our new expansion version, the faction Merit has been taken away for good, will not be recovered.

After the release of the Wonderland version, all faction bases will be locked. Factions who had faction base before will need to gain 1000 loyalty points to unlock the base. Factions who had no base can use 30 Perfect Notes/ Loyalty Stone to exchange for Faction Base Contract to open the base, no need for 1000 loyalty points.
    If the faction cannot get 1000 Loyalty Points for the last four consecutive weeks, the base will be temporarily locked. It requires another 1000 Loyalty Points to unlock it during the week.
    The 1000 loyalty points is to judge the activeness of a faction.

So to answer the 5 questions:
    1. Yes, it need 1000 loyalty points to be unlocked, or it will be locked forever.
    2. Forever, if the faction hasn’t gain 1000 loyalty points.
    3. If the new built base hasn’t gain 1000 loyalty points for the last four consecutive weeks, yes, it will be closed on the fifth Monday.
    4. Yes, it need 1000 loyalty points to maintain.
    5. If the faction cannot get 1000 Loyalty Points for the last four consecutive weeks, the base will be temporarily locked.

Maintaining an active faction is key.

I did a follow up to confirm the old merit does not work and is there access to the items that were tied to the old monolith System. They confirmed that those items were available and that the old merit is no longer needed for those items.
    So for availability of the items themselves, they are all still in the Faction base and have been relocated. For the Merit itself being gone, it presents a bigger issue.

Justice Dragon Jade -> Divine Justice Stone = certain materials at Faction Merchant Rabu outside the base and the Faction Merchant Rayu (Faction Exchange option). Justice Dragon Jades are from Chivalry Points, or what was the old Merit System. Right away, you can see the issue of people who've stocked up Merit on the old system and if it carried over 100%. This means that newly created factions and not as active factions would inherently be disadvantaged, compared to the players who farmed their merit over years and those who have stored up merit (this also could explain why existing bases were locked, so that everyone starts on the same page). From a design standpoint, it doesn't make sense to carry over an old currency gained from a different formula onto a newer system with a different gauge on time versus rewards earned.

However from a player's standpoint, it tosses aside alot of the hard work that was built up over time. So the next steps were taking is seeing what can be done without dramatically unbalancing the new system in place. If we can come to an equitable solution then I'll communicate that when it happens.

For Faction Goals Difficulty - These instances are where most of your end game content starts happening. I can suggest them to add goals in a future update that would take into account other instances that would target BH 100 selections, but this won't go into effect ( if at all ) for awhile.

Faction Squad Buffs - The rift (layoffs) happened during the time period that this was being checked. What was written was word for word from the CN Patchnotes provided to me. EXP/Spirit/Vitae buff for those who still need the EXP and Vitae gain isn't horrible and is a boost from the baseline (bonuses), but is not an accurate descriptor of what would constitute a "power buff" if we're taking it in the vein of actual stat boosts. Any changes to squad make up like this in the future will be investigated to get more detailed explanations on what they mean.

For any major reworks of existing systems or instances I'll be more vigilant in asking for specifics, but keep in mind I'm not going to ask a million and one questions for each person's specific experiences. The approach going forward on my end will be to assume anything that says "overhaul, rework, fundamental changes" will mean to not expect any items, special currency, mechanics or otherwise to be carried over.

Say for example, if Twilight Temple or Nirvana Palace would be overhauled, I would not assume Ultimate Substances would work in opening it, or that boss mechanics in Nirvana would be the same unless it was explicitly noted otherwise. This is not saying that these instances will be changed fundamentally 100%, but in case they change older parts of the game in the future, I'll be keeping that in mind.
  • laiwaisan
    edited February 2018
    Damn i love you but im have to find another game sorry hun hugs maybe once or twice a month ill visit just to see how friends are and in game see how they doing in real life pwi just became an over priced instant messenger with sims but ty for your honesty and ty for not giving us false hope.

i was actually getting physically ill not knowing this lifts a huge burden on me ty like i said from time to time ill log on hopefully people will still exist here.

Plus i like reading the forum with a cup of coffee anyways ty for being truthful hugs we always saw you as one of us and not one of them and that's why i spent money CAUSE I KNEW SOMEONE WAS OUT THERE TRYING TO MAKE THINGS BETTER PWI NEEDS MORE OF YOU AND LESS OF CN
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    1. Yes, it need 1000 loyalty points to be unlocked, or it will be locked forever.
    3. If the new built base hasn’t gain 1000 loyalty points for the last four consecutive weeks, yes, it will be closed on the fifth Monday.
    5. If the faction cannot get 1000 Loyalty Points for the last four consecutive weeks, the base will be temporarily locked.

This is about as far from an acceptable response as it's possible to be. It is virtually impossible for most people to "maintain an active faction" at the levels required, and unless I'm really misreading here, the devs' answers just make it worse by confirming everyone's worst fears about the system.

This is basically the equivalent to requiring 200 mirages to open Warsong, or slapping a Lunar-style opening fee on FSP, UP and DH. For everyone but the most powerful of factions, they are walling off content. And I don't think that was their intention, because they seem to think we have the playerbase to achieve this goal consistently, but we do not, and we haven't for years.

I'm so sorry, because I know you've been given a hell of a **** to polish with this one, but the base issue cannot be smoothed over like this. Tell the devs in no uncertain terms that the loyalty point requirement must be severely reduced if not eliminated entirely for our version, or this might just be the one that sinks PWI's remaining player base once and for all.

And even after that, we are not going to allow the glyph farming issue to slip under the radar. We're still waiting on F2P farming methods. But the base is a more immediate issue.
    Etherblade server
  • laiwaisan

You... you do know that this is about as far from an acceptable response as it's possible to be, right? It is virtually impossible for most people to "maintain an active faction" at the levels required, and unless I'm really misreading here, the devs' answers just make it worse by confirming everyone's worst fears about the system.

This is basically the equivalent to requiring 200 mirages to open Warsong, or slapping a Lunar-style opening fee on FSP, UP and DH. For everyone but the most powerful of factions, they are walling off content. And I don't think that was their intention, because they seem to think we have the playerbase to achieve this goal consistently, but we do not, and we haven't for years.

I'm so sorry, because I know you've been given a hell of a **** to polish with this one, but the base issue cannot be smoothed over like this. Tell the devs in no uncertain terms that the loyalty point requirement must be severely reduced if not eliminated entirely for our version, or this might just be the one that sinks PWI's remaining player base once and for all.

And even after that, we are not going to allow the glyph farming issue to slip under the radar. We're still waiting on F2P farming methods. But the base is a more immediate issue.

Chill its not her fault she actually does stuff if it was any other pwi person they just wouldn't bother to show up and milk us for everything we got and not care yes we all upset yes this sucks but lashing out at the one person thats on your side won't change anything we're screwed and that's bottom line, at least some one had the balls to tell us no one else in the office grew a pair and if she had been in charge she had roll back this patch and waited to cn came up with a fair fix
  • greenfire312
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    Chill its not her fault she actually does stuff if it was any other pwi person they just wouldn't bother to show up and milk us for everything we got and not care yes we all upset yes this sucks but lashing out at the one person thats on your side won't change anything we're screwed and that's bottom line, at least some one had the balls to tell us no one else in the office grew a pair and if she had been in charge she had roll back this patch and waited to cn came up with a fair fix
    Absolutely Kalyst does stuff and goes to bat for us. As I said, she's in the position of having to spin something that's objectively terrible, and I hope to god they're paying her enough for that. All I'm saying is that the devs don't seem to understand the scale of the problem, and that's going to result in PWI bleeding active players far more quickly than things like glyph farming (which IMO is the more important issue, long-term).

So it damn near breaks my heart to see our CM have to condense the devs' abysmal response to her loyalty points questions into "maintaining an active faction is key." We all know that. At present, a lot of us find that impossible. Ultimately, we can't accept that answer. But sadly, as it's been for PWI's entire run, we have no one else we can respond to but the CM.
    Etherblade server
  • drak
    drak Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Adding a new one without re-hashing all prior.

Dislike lack of description for two Exp Spirit Vitae buffs:
    1. - Acquired with faction squad
    2. - Acquired at Campfire in base. The Vitae portion appears to give a 5% Vitae buff. The buff appears to be the same animation as using an Ancient Gift, but buff rate is far lower without any description (that I can find).

Noted​​
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    drak wrote: »
    Adding a new one without re-hashing all prior.

Dislike lack of description for two Exp Spirit Vitae buffs:
    1. - Acquired with faction squad
    2. - Acquired at Campfire in base. The Vitae portion appears to give a 5% Vitae buff. The buff appears to be the same animation as using an Ancient Gift, but buff rate is far lower without any description (that I can find).
    1. The faction squad buff from my knowledge is a 20% increase in EXP and Spirit, and a 10% increase in Vitae.
    2. The Campfire buff (and other buffs from Faction Talents) can be seen from the Spirit Tree's Soul in the Faction Base. You're right that the campfire includes a 5% Vitae buff.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • baysidebutterfly
    baysidebutterfly Posts: 25 Arc User
    My Base is locked I really dont care about some tree I can't utilize
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    I just did an FSD and right after Mushi was defeated one of the sins in squad fell through the floor to the grass ground outside the instance. I wasn't able to get a screenshot.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Ten-Dimensional Server First title is glitched. It doesnt appear correctly

Note 20​​
  • ferigal#2267
    ferigal#2267 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Its very sad this whole thing happening to an otherwise good game,but after few years of playing pwi at this point have to say gave up on this .Gona spend that money i woulda spent on pwi, now on a diffrent game ..farr from pw .Realy hope for rest of you ppl that it gets better ( highly unlikely) good luck ppl cya around o/
  • bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    I posted to another thread my dislikes of this update, but I will add here again my disappointment with the locked bases and faction attack by the devs. From their response, it looks like they are trying to deliberately focus this game only on end game players and pressuring players into fewer and fewer factions.

Basically, from their perspective, a player does not count unless they are able to enter Flowsilver Palace. Anyone who is unable to do so needs no support or attention.

"Maintaining an active faction is key."

Key to what? What if your faction has 20 active players but all of them are between level 20 and 80? What if we have a faction with 7 players with modest G16 gear, but that's it? Is that not active enough? Because neither of these factions could get 1000 points in a week.

Even 200 active mid-level (unable to enter FSP) players in a faction could not open the base.

The loss of merit is heartbreaking. We had multiple players with over 1 million merit and all of it disappearing was very disheartening.

These changes are such a kick in the teeth to anyone who is not max level and in strong gear. It is also not all that pleasant for those of us who are maxed out with levels and gear who like to help our faction mates but now we cannot even open our base.

Losing the faction contribution is also nasty for those players who were saving up or spending contribution regularly for things like the helm or arrows.

Maintaining an active faction, with this change, is now a catch-22. You need high level players in your faction to open your base, but how are you going to get high level players in your faction without a base?

Please ask them again to reduce the faction base requirement (points) to something much more reasonable, such as 0 or 10 or even 100 (worst case). Perhaps base the number of points required on the highest level players in the faction (if there are any that qualify to enter FSP, let the number of points be 10 per qualifying player). If no one can get into FSP then set the entry point to 0.

Even better would be to allow the base points to be collected by anyone in the faction doing a Bounty Hunter Quest (available at level 40) which would at least allow everyone in the faction to contribute to the points.

Thank-you for everything you do. I am still hopeful that something will be done about this, even if Merit is lost forever.

Cheers!
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    weird that none pointed out the trials bug yet egg-11.gif
    and for once TT didn't exploit it egg-2.gif​​