Base requirements = coin sink on Gear Repair?

laiwaisan
laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
So do i have this correct but not only did Pwi charge us rent to get into the faction base we bought but today we did some runs with players i think 6 on mushi obviously the ops tank and the weaker ones try to survive so im guessing 6 runs = 1mill? what are you guys going for repair bills trying to open your base and do you think this is another way for pwi to relieve you of coin so you have to buy cs coin and hope someone buys it.

I notice pwi has bound more things that players usually sale to one another for coin and i also notice its not random its completely targeted.

If pwi put as much energy as they do in researching how to stop people from farming and selling anything in this game maybe they would of known that locking people out of there base would make them lose revenue take that to your I.T. department and bean counters.

Also I have another question with no one able to farm or get ingame coin to buy from cs shoppers who want or need in game gold for things how does that work.

Example joe bloe sales P stones. He use to farm makes a salary of 20 mill a week. I am a cs shopper that spends money in cash shop to get joes coin so i can get something that isn't in the Pwi boutique and i want to get warsoul weapon.

Pwi cuts joes income by now salesings farmd p stones to now be available by pwi npc?

Now joes out of the job right and i have one less source to get ingame coin ?

So am i missing something here?

I dont think its rocket science i almost feel like its run by a russian mob because these are same old school tactics they use.

Unfortunately these old russian tactics don't work on games because we are on pc's dont have to deal with you in real life and we can just move on to the next best thing.

it's not rocket science you kill enough coin sources the only thing to buy is stuff in your shop but i can't get what i want from other players because its either bound or there's literally no coin ?

can someone explain to me how that works or keeps you in business?

Comments

• quinnie
    quinnie Posts: 46 Arc User
    they have been doing that already for years... like DQ items, pots, gear drops etc its all worth nothing to the npc nowadays.
    in a certain way the auto-cult system plays a big part in it but China played a bigger role they had alot of illegal botters making tons of money from dq items while our version only had a couple. so as a counter attack they reduced the items to 1 coin value, originally only the low items had that but then they started to push it on more and more. they raised the coin rewards on quests and lowerd/removed costs on skills up to lvl 10 to help new players due insufficient coins. you can still make money in certain ways if you know how but when you look it from the view point of a player thats totally new to pwi the making money bit s**ks. mayby they should just disable the auto-cult thing and increase the amount of coins dropped by mobs by a factor of 10~50. and or increase the prices back on item/gear drops from mobs. it might make ppl grind on mobs again for coins on all maps like in the past.
    Etherblade
    HaarKoning
    MrLens
    MrGiggleShyts
  • bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    If the farmers are unable to make coins like they have been, the value of coins increases. This means over time, one Gold will buy fewer and fewer coins. Currently, the price of coins is way too low (>6m coins = 1g on TT) and people are not using the Auction House to trade coins, but as the price drops, the 4m coins cap on gold will seem reasonable again. This is obviously the goal.

Of course with this increase in the value if coins means that everything with a fixed coin cost technically costs more (a form of inflation) so teleports, gear repairs, skill books, etc. etc. ... anything with a fixed coin cost actually costs more ... either more farm / merch time or more Zen / gold. That is, there is more intrinsic value in a coin than there was before the changes.

Of course, you can go too far with this. If ALL coin farmers just stop farming coins, then players buying coins will see the value of their $$$ dropping too far. If 1 gold only buys 2m coins next month when it was pulling in >6m last month, players will (likely) feel they are not getting enough bang for their buck and back off on spending. This will again deflate the value of coins, making 1 gold worth more coins again, but it also means it will affect the actual bottom line for PWI. It is this secondary deflation that they have to be careful to avoid if they are indeed trying to maximize profits.

Personally I think it is a dangerous game, but I presume they know what they are doing. It is either the move of some marketing / economic genius, or it is a Hail Mary pass, trying to score that last little bit of value to save this game before it goes under.

Time will tell.

Cheers!
  • jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    bosk wrote: »
    If 1 gold only buys 2m coins next month when it was pulling in >6m last month, players will (likely) feel they are not getting enough bang for their buck and back off on spending.

Time will tell.

Cheers!

worst of that if they'll quit. no more casher = no more good business.., no good business = game closed for good... 2 servers in asia just closed.. whos country next??? :D

ApgZVnA.jpg
  • bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    Yeah, that is the extreme case of course, but it certainly could happen. For any MMO it is important to keep a balance of farmers, merchants, casual cash shoppers and serious cash shoppers. You ignore any one group at your game's overall peril.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    bosk wrote: »
    If the farmers are unable to make coins like they have been, the value of coins increases. This means over time, one Gold will buy fewer and fewer coins. Currently, the price of coins is way too low (>6m coins = 1g on TT) and people are not using the Auction House to trade coins, but as the price drops, the 4m coins cap on gold will seem reasonable again. This is obviously the goal.

Of course with this increase in the value if coins means that everything with a fixed coin cost technically costs more (a form of inflation) so teleports, gear repairs, skill books, etc. etc. ... anything with a fixed coin cost actually costs more ... either more farm / merch time or more Zen / gold. That is, there is more intrinsic value in a coin than there was before the changes.

Of course, you can go too far with this. If ALL coin farmers just stop farming coins, then players buying coins will see the value of their $$$ dropping too far. If 1 gold only buys 2m coins next month when it was pulling in >6m last month, players will (likely) feel they are not getting enough bang for their buck and back off on spending. This will again deflate the value of coins, making 1 gold worth more coins again, but it also means it will affect the actual bottom line for PWI. It is this secondary deflation that they have to be careful to avoid if they are indeed trying to maximize profits.

Personally I think it is a dangerous game, but I presume they know what they are doing. It is either the move of some marketing / economic genius, or it is a Hail Mary pass, trying to score that last little bit of value to save this game before it goes under.

Time will tell.

Cheers!

Wow that actually cleared it all up ty i understood that perfectly awesome