[PSA] Important - Possible Changes And Updates Coming to PWI

Comments

• mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    I've got one MAJOR new suggestion about something that just became a major problem, and the Devs need to know.

The new Faction system is a great idea, it's a mess as it stands now though!

1. No way for those under 100 RB1 to help in faction stuff. Lower levels are ones who needs factions the most to help them learn the game. Especially those new to the game, which we want to attract, right?

2. Locking down old bases, while allowing new ones in right away. This one is just plan unfair especially to smaller factions, that are going to struggle just to meet the point requirement anyway.

It might be a better idea to not lock down bases at all, just make the perks point dependent, without locking them down. It could reset with locking out the whole base.

My ideas for fixes on it. Include some other instances, you wanted a way to utilize unused instances, here's a chance. There's Nirvana, TT, any of the original FB 19's.

Maybe adjust the requirements according to level and number of member in a Faction?

Those are my thoughts for now, with this being so new. Especially want to emphasize, please allow players under RB1 100 a way to help!

This! if you're going to base restrict us; at least add more than 3 instances for the lower lvl'd/geared people. Hell.. even just doing Bh instances insures people do their bh's and it gives points to unlock the base.
  • sassytoo
    sassytoo Posts: 35 Arc User
    I agree with Princessjulie above. Making the perks points dependant without locking out all other bases would work better. That way if the guilds were not interested in the instances/or could not fulfill the requirements, ,it would give them another way to get the perks for their levels.
  • schnubbelpuh
    schnubbelpuh Posts: 34 Arc User
    I've got one MAJOR new suggestion about something that just became a major problem, and the Devs need to know.

The new Faction system is a great idea, it's a mess as it stands now though!

1. No way for those under 100 RB1 to help in faction stuff. Lower levels are ones who needs factions the most to help them learn the game. Especially those new to the game, which we want to attract, right?

2. Locking down old bases, while allowing new ones in right away. This one is just plan unfair especially to smaller factions, that are going to struggle just to meet the point requirement anyway.

It might be a better idea to not lock down bases at all, just make the perks point dependent, without locking them down. It could reset with locking out the whole base.

My ideas for fixes on it. Include some other instances, you wanted a way to utilize unused instances, here's a chance. There's Nirvana, TT, any of the original FB 19's.

Maybe adjust the requirements according to level and number of member in a Faction?

Those are my thoughts for now, with this being so new. Especially want to emphasize, please allow players under RB1 100 a way to help!

Agree.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    FIX THE GAME
  • halbdunkei81
    halbdunkei81 Posts: 6 Arc User
    PWI you guys screwed the pooch with this update. Shutdown faction bases for majority factions and set a point cap and instance set which make it impossible to ever Open the bases. You also took those who have worked for months to get their merit high enough to qualify for items such as base helms and spit in their faces. Thanks for ruining 9-10yrs of hard work. -Pissed Off-
  • danilo#8744
    danilo#8744 Posts: 44 Arc User
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    FIX THE GAME
    They won't, they don't hear us while you all is buying gold and make their wallets happy. Or u acept the game how it was, or leave it...this topic to make sugestion for the devs, dont u noticed yet is totally usless ?
  • gilesfyarl
    gilesfyarl Posts: 2 Arc User
    The new faction system is, echoing previous comments, terrible. There are so many factions who don't have a ton of active players all at the same time. People are in different countries/time zones, not everyone is in high school and on the same schedule. I have a lot of fellow adults with kids, who work, who are valued members of my faction, and I know they can't play every day, or they don't always have time for much more than some dailies. At the very least, they would like to do faction base quests to show they are trying to participate even though they aren't able to be on for hours and hours a day.

Now that the bases are locked out... no one can help our faction. We've been recruiting for a long time, but you get a lot of people who leave to continue their search for their desired type of faction. The lower level characters (who make up a lot of members) have no way to contribute... There should be instances to run for everyone's level ranges. Even for myself, I'm rb2 level 101, full g16, working on refining and getting shards for my equipments and I have never lead a squad through Flowsilver Palace. I've been there a few times but I don't know it that well yet. And the other two instances I've never even been to! How am I supposed to provide faction perks to people when the stakes are set so high that only the biggest factions are able to meet the points required every week. The Loyalty points should merely by an added perk to completing faction goals... not the key to get into your base.

I prefer buying my arrows in my base, and now that's locked out and I have no idea when/if we'll be able to open it up, and/or keep it open. So now I will have to find some other arrows to farm/buy/craft, when all I had to do was base quests for merit, and I could "spend" that merit to purchase them. And in doing said base quests, we got points for our base to donate, and level it up. Sounds pretty reasonable and easy to me! I honestly don't know why this system had to be changed. As of now, all the smaller factions who will struggle to meet the points are no more than a buddy list to talk to your members... and we'll be lucky to meet the point requirements with any repitition given everyone's busy and changing lives.

I'm in no way hating on the big TW factions etc, this new system is just going to be a breeze for them. I like that my faction is a middle of the road group. I don't have the time to commit 12 hours a day to running it. But I do as much as I can. I don't want members to feel that now they'll have to leave to other huge factions to be able to get anything accomplished. I fear this will be the death of many small factions, and that is sad. I really hope the instances will be changed to add in lots of different ones for different levels.
  • greymana42
    greymana42 Posts: 7 Arc User
    I agree this new "base locking" is a very terrible idea. I am a director of a middle of the road smaller faction not loaded with op lvl 100+ rb 1's or 2's, but with a bunch of casual players under that lvl requirement who can't even participate in flowsilver palace never the less be able to kill Nataya Vega or do UP. Who's idea was it to make high level caves the ONLY thing that gives points to unlock this base? That leaves a bunch of my faction members who havent reached that milestone unable to help out. Some lower level caves for points would be nice. Not every faction is a tw faction with hardcore gamers and we are all on different schedules. Long gone are the days that your faction ran ALL your bh's and instances for you. Now a days one puts out a tele looking for a squad. Also doing this every week? Thats not going to be fun and relaxing, but it will become a chore. I will be like a nagging mom telling her faction members to "make their beds, and clean their rooms" BORING... Smaller factions can't compete in this game without a base before the expansion. Base locking is killing alot of little factions that take in newer players. Alot of hard work, energy, time, and money went into creating and leveling up our base just to have it locked out and the punishment is doing the loyalty points thing every week with only a few members being able to do the caves needed. How long until I burn out my high levels doing these caves over and over week after week just to keep a base open? These members will leave pw for other games or just quit. It is not fun anymore it is a job one is not getting paid to do. I can see making us unlock it once, but every week??? I am sorry to say the guy sitting in the corner coming up with the ideas is smoking crack if he thinks this was a good idea.

2. Noone seems to be mentioning this but... Whos brilliant idea was it to take away the option of getting glyph packs using Neverfall Squire badges? Now i need to open packs for lucky coin to get something that was once free?
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    stop buying zen.

until they stop making money, they wont even bother responding to any of these complaints in a meaningful way.
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    People's pack addictions.
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    stop buying zen.

until they stop making money, they wont even bother responding to any of these complaints in a meaningful way.
    If they stop making money, they'll shut PWI down. PWI isn't the main Perfect World server anyway.
  • dagoddominator
    if their bottom line doesnt respond in kind to these sorts of complaint, they wont act.

so either live with it

or stop spending your money on their product that is abusing you.
  • princessjulie
    princessjulie Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    FIX THE GAME
    They won't, they don't hear us while you all is buying gold and make their wallets happy. Or u acept the game how it was, or leave it...this topic to make sugestion for the devs, dont u noticed yet is totally usless ?

She said on page one it takes time to implement. She has to talk with the Developers, iron out how it will be done, if the think it's something they can do, get all the design finished up, and get it into game. A few less steps might be involved in more simple fixes, but they still got to change code.

Tideswell
    SereneAurora-100 1RB Sage Venomancer
    EirianHikari-102 1RB Sage Cleric
    Benjamina-101 Sage Psychic
    LadyKitsune 100 Venomancer

Kindness should be like a water balloon, go throw it at someone!!!! :)
  • laiwaisan
    I think LIFT THE BASE LOCK SHOULD BE MOVED UP TO #1 on that list to Cn devs
  • dagoddominator
    She said on page one it takes time to implement. She has to talk with the Developers, iron out how it will be done, if the think it's something they can do, get all the design finished up, and get it into game. A few less steps might be involved in more simple fixes, but they still got to change code.

she doesnt really talk to the devs with any authority though. and the management of this business, let alone this product is not going to respond to all the complaints as long as the same amount of money is coming in.

if they are making the same amount of money then all these complaints amount to nothing, because they dont reflect the metric they use to measure success.

the only products PWE has that perform well, they purchased as already developed properties. their business practices have always been abusive of their customers and insensitive to the concepts that define online gaming.

stop playing. stop spending. stop being a customer of their products, that is the only thing that will ever force a change in their practices, but unfortunately these problems dont inconvenience cash shoppers enough to turn them off so a boycott of the cash shop is likely NEVER going to happen.

but if even %20 of the remaining FTP players and those who spend less than $100 a month were to stop logging in and stop spending money, it would reflect in the metrics.

we are all worried about the community and our continued enjoyment. they are only concerned with their continued ability to squeeze money out of the playerbase in exchange for some intangible bits and bytes.

attack their reputation and ability to attract new customers to their varied products. if their practices are communicated to mmo players in general then their products will likely not be given a chance.

at this point a private server is more reliable and more reasonable than this PoS version.

• princessjulie
    I disagree, she has said that Developers are happy to make content for us, if they saw a need for it, I think they would change it. Whether or not they do will remain to be seen. Why does everyone assume the only thing they care is money? I have played some true money hungry games, and I don't see PWI there yet. If you play one that really is, trust me, you will know for sure. What I see here was an idea to give higher levels something to do (which they always complain about), and an failure in regards to the lower levels, which still to be able to do stuff. This is much more of an issue with the base unlike an instance, but everyone uses it at all levels. Becuase many factions still recruit lower levels, they NEED to have a way to help, otherwise it just tears apart the community as a whole, because new and lower players could get frustrated at not being able to help. I hope they notice then and change or modify it to help.
    Tideswell

• danilo#8744
    danilo#8744 Posts: 44 Arc User
    FIX THE GAME

PWI used be a good game, since the new things implemented pwi becomes a bad game, not because the all the system, I like it, but they dont hear the players, take all our farm out. Since they asked here in foruns about restrict or take off the fcc and majority choose restrict and they tooked off. After made a stone for insta lvl 100+. After some time they bring it back, why do u think they will hear you ? Sadly they forced me let this server behind
  • laiwaisan
    I disagree, she has said that Developers are happy to make content for us, if they saw a need for it, I think they would change it. Whether or not they do will remain to be seen. Why does everyone assume the only thing they care is money? I have played some true money hungry games, and I don't see PWI there yet. If you play one that really is, trust me, you will know for sure. What I see here was an idea to give higher levels something to do (which they always complain about), and an failure in regards to the lower levels, which still to be able to do stuff. This is much more of an issue with the base unlike an instance, but everyone uses it at all levels. Becuase many factions still recruit lower levels, they NEED to have a way to help, otherwise it just tears apart the community as a whole, because new and lower players could get frustrated at not being able to help. I hope they notice then and change or modify it to help.
    Well i think there's a real need for it right now if i was pwi i would do an emergency fly over to Cn with Kayla a Lawyer and a translator and a programer and a bean counter that can tell them both how much they stand to lose people only understand $ i think this warrants such an action.

Basically Pwi your building is on fire do you let it burn or let it go down and hope the insurance of chapter 5 will cover you which won't because you saw the problem knew the end result and continue to let it burn.

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User

Honestly I don't think they care too much about this version anymore. Yes, just as you said someone from the company said they love to do content for our version, but thats what they have to say, they will be really dumb, if the say the opposite.

Now I am sorry to re-quote this segment of your text but I feel that I need to reply this specifically:
    Why does everyone assume the only thing they care is money? I have played some true money hungry games, and I don't see PWI there yet. If you play one that really is, trust me, you will know for sure.

I do believe you that there could be some games more money hungry than this, but saying that this game is not that much money hungry...
    I can say it's the opposite, from my point of view this is one of the most money hungry mmos out there. You just need to see some of the news blogs or even some of the old thread on this forum: people usually talking about spending between 500 to 5000 USD$ like nothing, heck they even give titles to big spenders. And in the past the NP card promos was something common. I know people that spend 3000 to 7000 monthly, and they barelly play, they just open packs all day. Now, I am not going to question those people, because is their money and they are free to use as they wish. But still, that does not change the fact that they are being drained from all their money by PWE.

Just to give you some few examples: One of the most hated mmos from another publisher copied pretty much all the pay to win elements from this game. When the western version of that game was launched, our PWI already had packs, r9 and all the elements that are considered pay to win, at that time however and to be completly fair with pwe/pwcn, it was still posible to progress to end game as ftp player on PWI. The advantage for the cashers was more about to speed things up.

Other example will be another developer/publisher that is the creator of the loot boxes (packs on pwi). While that company is indeed pay to win and money hungry, from all the games that I played from them, never did I find a game with a "pack based in game economy" like PWI works now. And keep in mind that a key/pack based economy is extremely destructive for the game, so in short: they don't care about destroying their own game as long as they can profit as much as possible from the pack/key openers before they shot down.
    I know that I sound really negative on this post, but to be honest I am surprised that some people do not realize how greedy this developer and publisher are.

I guess that for the only people that this game can be considered really fair nowadays is for a completly casual players that does pretty much nothing on game aside from a few quest now and then, chat with their friends, etc. After all login is still free. But if the person is really thinking into progress in game, especially the pvp part of it, they will either charge large amounts of money or live for the game.

Well i think there's a real need for it right now if i was pwi i would do an emergency fly over to Cn with Kayla a Lawyer and a translator and a programer and a bean counter that can tell them both how much they stand to lose people only understand $ i think this warrants such an action.

Basically Pwi your building is on fire do you let it burn or let it go down and hope the insurance of chapter 5 will cover you which won't because you saw the problem knew the end result and continue to let it burn.

Not Sure if you are being serious on this one but while I do agree with you and the people that are mad at the PWE / PWCN for this **** up, I think it is unlikely that they will do much about it. The last time that I saw them really worried about something was during that whole rollback and 10* orb fiasco, and that was years ago. By the look of their current reaction, which is none so far. I can guess they either dont care about this game anymore, or that they are so freaked out atm that they can't give an honest answer on this forum. Also by looking at some of their other games forum, you can see a lot of people mad about the problems and usually when they reply is weeks or even months after the problem. PW is indeed a popular game, but in China not too much here. Don't get me wrong on this, I am not saying that they are not going to do anything about this problem, but I don't see them fixing this fast, since most likely is hardcoded on the last patch. And even if they decided to revert something or do some modifications, by the time they do the damage was already done.

• wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Would of been a simple thing to do, Open up Faction bases for the first week, then implement the lock down so each faction had a week to prepare, see the new features ect ect...walla:)
  • lightpheonixx
    lightpheonixx Posts: 19 Arc User
    I didnt know where to put this since people made lots of post of base not well but have others noticed that without a base guild wont be able to do Resourse War unless you on the map and pretty sure people do RW for ink blood, nuemas and other stuff. So the base will need fixing soon
  • n3w1ds
    n3w1ds Posts: 11 Arc User
    n3w3r1ds wrote: »
    Why do you want to get rid of JoJ! Boohoo, someone is making money and it is not me. How unfair.
    NEWS FLASH : THIS ENTIRE GAME IS UNFAIR AND UNBALANCED.
    Grow up and get over your selfishness. Removing JoJ would be no more fair than nerfing R9 gears to make the game more fair on PvP'ers without the funds or ability to get higher equipment.
    Like I said, this game is full of self centered and selfish people. Over the past several years it has become less and less enjoyable and harder to find good friends.
    It used to be one of the greatest MMO available, but now it isn't even B class.
    It is a sad end to what was once a great MMO.

Why are you such a troll? Every post you've made is negative, like of your entire 11 post history (yes I checked). If you hate the game so much, no one is forcing you to stay. JOJ needs to be removed, or have a rework, there are too many bots taking advantage of it. Personally, I prefer a rework, because we still need a way to make coin, but let's do it in a way the bots can't easily take advantage of. That would help the economy a lot, just by cutting off botted coin.

I am the troll?
    What, who just decided to trawl through someones past posts. In an effort to expose them.
    You need to take a good hard look at yourself missy.
    Thats the pot calling the kettle black,
    I am only reading this forum alone and I can see that you have attacked every person with a differring opinion to you, even making sure to quote them.
    You really are a hypocrite. LMAO
  • princessjulie
    edited February 2018
    I've been playing 8 and a half years, I don't do PvP, but I've never felt I had to cash shop to compete in PvE. I've done just fine on my characters. If people choose to spend money, that says more about the player then PWI, of course their going to put up sales and try to have people buy, they have to make money or we have no game.
    Tideswell

• sweetling1990x
    sweetling1990x Posts: 3 Arc User
    I really do wish it was easier for players under 100 to help with faction stuff right now. Makes anyone lower feel useless :(

btw im always looking to make friends, just not good at it in game for some reason lol :D
  • laiwaisan
    Yeah pwi made new players feel useless which itself in another bad thing you should ever make people feel worthless because they cant do outrageous instances starting out that's kinda messed up
  • ferigal#2267
    ferigal#2267 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    laughable.. thats tha best thay can come up with, looks more like how to kill tha game real fast race...evan those who might like tha game thay see this and dont evan bother after ..way to make ppl lose hope on game gratz o/ go go
  • ferigal#2267
    ferigal#2267 Posts: 3 Arc User
    tha need for money is understandable ,nothing wrong with that we all do spend some,some more -some less..some dont..but how is that smart to ruin tha moths of work /time ppl invested in base quests etc.. just not logical in any way..
    Hard to understand ...honetly i have a mostly non tw faction with ppl who like tha game each other and use to have fun,than this? please .. frankly last year showed a lot of good from pwi with lot of nice helpfull codes ..etc wich help a lot of low lvl ppl;
    i myself try to help ppl who are new or are low lvl it is fun.. if possible lets try to keep it that way thank you..good luck for a fix honeslty it be worth it ty..
  • nameless123456
    nameless123456 Posts: 1 Arc User
    why did the servers change?? I start in 2009 on sanctuary, all good and active, lots of european people. I quit in 2013 and came back end 2017. but its no more fun.. no one is online at the times I play! I dont want to start all over on another server..
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    When you start playing PWI, all content is not unlocked. You level up, do fb19, progress more, do fb29, progress more, and so forth and so on. As you get stronger more possibilities are open to you. You can start taking on some world bosses, doing some events that have level caps.

Ofc things like Nation war, and TW are level/gear capped by players themselves. More powerful players prevent lesser geared players from competing. There is a scale, and as you get further in the progression you do harder content.

This is why i think people are overblowing this faction base thing. Most players who have invested some time in the game should be able to do FSJ. 4 players doing fsj for a month will unlock your base. This is theoretically quite possible by individuals, much less a faction.

All content need not be accessible to all players. Nor should PWI listen to this low level hysteria! Do you know sometimes the public opinion on a subject can be wrong? Give the topic time to marinate and see how real world results are.

When i first started playing PWI, different dungeons would give you a dominance blessing (+10 attack, +10 defense) when you entered. China phased this out of the game, and it came to our version. There is a bit of mass hysteria on the forums, so Jones and O'Malley blessings were implemented. For the small price of whoring yourself out on facebook you could get this SUPER strong item, best in gear slot.

So look ahead, we have individual players that can solo what is meant for a squad to do. This is in part to the blessings which are inherently imbalanced, and not taken into consideration by the Chinese balance team for PvP or PvE content.

Go rest your eye on a russian server, where they don't have rank 9 (or jones), they run around with g15 nirvana, and rank 8 recast and do the exact same content our players do. They do it with improved teamwork and its cool to see.
    m5arXCN.png