getting into base

So how do we get into the base if we can't open it without loyality points how do you earn the loyality points if u you cant get in. there isnt enough points from the fsj's, up and dh even if we had enough ppl to do them.

Comments

• npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    each person that does fsj is 10 points. so a 10 person fac squad is 100 points, a few of those and you hit the faction goal which gives some more points. its actually not to bad to get it open (assuming you have the personnel to run some fsj and upd)
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • jer51
    jer51 Posts: 6 Arc User
    IF YOU HAVE THE TOONS IN YOUR FACTION THAT IS THE POINT
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    It motivates people to actually do things with the faction now. I personally don't think there should be an opening requirement, but still, the requirement is easy to achieve unless you're running a faction just for your alts.
    Even PvE factions can achieve this goal, if they just have 20 ppl doing any kind of high lvl instance daily, in 5 days it'll open, less if they complete factions goals (but that's a bit harder for smaller factions).

Either way, to answer your question, how you get points:
    - You can get points by simply doing runs, FSJ, UPD, DHJ, FSJ being the easiest ofc, that will give the faction 10 points per member once a day when completed.
    - You can complete faction goals (3 FSJ, 2 UPD, 1 DHJ weekly). To complete these factions goals you simply have to run those instances with at least 7 other faction mates (8 people total from the same faction) and that will give you 300 aditional points each, so, technically, if you have 8 people that can run FSJ 3 days in a row you'll get 540 points just there (300 from the faction goal + 8 players giving 10 each x 3 days)

Mr. Justice
  • bee11
    bee11 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Our faction has only two players with R9 gear. We have 80 players, but only a handful would be able to even survive in FSJ let alone finish it, and there is no way we could put 8 people in there every day for a week.

We have a level 30 base, and I was saving up to buy the Base Helm, but maybe that does not matter because I hear from other people that all merit was reduced to 0!! Is that true?

And what about our Soldier's Pay? We cannot spend that either?

This is most likely the final straw for me and all my friends. What is the point of playing a game when you cannot ever achieve your goals because you try to save up for things and then the rewards get taken away?

PWI Please remove this 1000 point restriction to get into OUR bases, or at least reduce it to something reasonable that anyone can do (like 100 points, or better yet give points for all faction Bounty Hunter runs regardless of level).

We paid for the bases, we worked hard for a decade (some of us) to level them up, we advanced the portions of the base needed to give us high quality stuff so we can be a tiny bit stronger, and now we are locked out!? Why? That is so not fair.

All my friends are looking for new games. Please do this soon, or at least say you WILL do it. I love this game and have been playing it since it first started, but this is going to kill it for me and my friends.

RELEASE THE BASES!!

Please!
  • alsdfiu#3037
    alsdfiu#3037 Posts: 6 Arc User
    It doesn't even need to be FSJ. FSD works too.
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    I agree with bee11 ... this needs to be changed so that factions can stay together, and friends can play this game. We don't appreciate being locked out of our bases that we PAID for with not only money, but time as well! Also, we have people in our factions that were in the process of working for the base helms. What's going to happen for them? These folks put in a LOT of time and effort.. for WHAT? Now they can't even get that helm they worked months to get? This is insanity

PWI, make our bases accessible.
    PWI, make our rewards accessible.
    Or.. lose us
  • npc15
    bee11 wrote: »

The NPC is still there so on the assumption you can get your base open you can still spend it as normal

WbG9jxx.png
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • rebecca1973
    BTW.. bumping up other posts just to hide the ones where people are hurt and upset is something that shouldn't be done. Do you not hear our complaints? Or .. do you just not want to hear them?
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    BTW.. bumping up other posts just to hide the ones where people are hurt and upset is something that shouldn't be done. Do you not hear our complaints? Or .. do you just not want to hear them?

Honestly i think the mod which is a good one skims threw the main posts on stand by he actually doing his job i know he nudge me a few times lol its like he mods for pwi but he or she actually plays the game so i actually watch post disappear then after a bit im guessing he reviews it he sets it free.

Plus i also have seen what your saying but not usually mod related
  • bael75
    bael75 Posts: 6 Arc User
    The NPC is still there.... inside the base, where we can't get to. Yes FSD works.... so how do you do FSD before rebirth? They don't give out the pill baby code to EVERY new player, so for some it still takes time to get to lvl 100 rb1. So people who are under that requirement shouldn't be allowed to have a faction base? Look some of us spent a lot of time and a lot of coin to get those faction bases, having them locked until we can meet some arbitrarily assigned quest limit is ludicrous. If you buy a car and the dealer says you can only use company made key that only works for a week, would you be happy about it? Some of us have spent months farming the base helm and to have the contribution just magically disappear is beyond frustrating. Imagine having g17r4 weapon and just before the last UPD run you need PWI suddenly turns all the mats into mats for upgrading to a brand new stage of r9. Look these are things that a LOT of people have worked for, and they are just taken away by PWI. Whats the point of working towards a goal if that goal can just magically disappear with the next update?
  • bee11
    What I read says you only get points if at least 2
    npc15 wrote: »

The NPC is still there so on the assumption you can get your base open you can still spend it as normal

Thanks, but I really don't think we are going to be able to make 1000 points in a week.

Do you know if the Merit is gone? Because if it is, then there's no point to even bother trying to get in. :'(
  • bee11
    It doesn't even need to be FSJ. FSD works too.

So does FSP Normal (not Deicide or Judgement) but that does not help unless we can get 100 faction runs in a week. That's an average of more than 14 people per day for a week getting through FSP with at least one other faction member in the same squad. That's not going to happen.
  • ravenyoss123
    ravenyoss123 Posts: 29 Arc User
    its not even a whole week. if someone isnt in the base on wed at like reset it will reset earlier it says. how can someone be in there if u cant get in. just because we arent echo shouldnt mean we cant get in our base. the faction im in as been around for longer than i have been playing. how can we even recruit if we have to say sorry we cant even get in our base. we have alot of memebers but they are not all on at the same time to do faction fsj and up. i admit there are to many factions out there but who gets to decide which ones close shop. bases cost alot of money and this is one of the worst things they have done in awhile.
  • halbdunkei81
    halbdunkei81 Posts: 6 Arc User
    PWI you guys screwed the pooch with this update. Shutdown faction bases for majority factions and set a point cap and instance set which make it impossible to ever Open the bases. You also took those who have worked for months to get their merit high enough to qualify for items such as base helms and spit in their faces. Thanks for ruining 9-10yrs of hard work. -Pissed Off-
  • rebecca1973
    You know what else is pretty messed up? We should be able to complain about the other things that are broken, but instead, we are being forced to complain about losing hundreds of hours of work that we put into our faction's bases. I'd like to say that binding the cogs and the cube necks is a DIRTY thing to do, but I can't. I am being forced to put all my efforts into trying to get PWI to understand that they are ruining all the factions on EVERY server with this new base system.

I should be able to enjoy the things that ARE good about the update, but I can't do that when I can't even get in a base to see what is good in the first place. PWI screwed the pooch on this one (pardon my language, but I'm MAD)!!
  • kirstiein
    kirstiein Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I agree with most of the posts here. I also want to add that not all factions can do those instances as alot of their members havent rebirthed yet. This is completely unfair to lower level and newer factions. Locking people out of thier base that they worked their butt off for is unacceptable. This is not going to create togetherness like pwi/pwcn claim it is going to cause factions to fracture and break up, it will also cause an extreme bias to new and lower lvl players, as they wont be able to join a faction because they cant do these instances. Alts which make pwi more money, because you gotta spend the money to get those chars set up, will cease. In the end this is actually going to cause pwi to lose money.

Why not instead of locking us out, how about just giving extra rewards if you do these instances with your faction?
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    i would like to see the base (re)opening requirements removed. I built my faction years ago, as well as the base. Even though the faction is currently only used to house alts and is populated by 18 members - I feel it is extremely unfair that all the hard work we put into creating the base years ago is now ENTIRELY negated by the expansion. For smaller and/or growing factions - the ability to re-open the base is mathematically impossible at this point. I could dual client FSD once a day to get 20 loyalty points. If i do this 7 days a week, I can only earn 140 loyalty points falling way short of the 1000 points requirement to reopen it. And this apparently must be done on a weekly basis. If the requirements for reopening the base aren't lifted - I want a full refund of all base establishment funds because my base is now defunct. I can't get in there to purchase apoth or base buffs (if those are even still a possibility to obtain in the base). There were only 2 factions on tideswell im aware of that were able to open their base back up on day 1. of course a few more will follow, however there are many many factions that will never be able to reopen and gain access to their bases ever again unless this stupid 1000 loyalty points thing is done away with. Im all for keeping the rest of it as is - the new faction skills aren't game breaking themselves. But keeping people out of a base that they worked so hard in game for, or put real life money into.. is really **** up.
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    The sad thing is I was super excited to see the base and how things changed with the update but they played a very sneaky and incredibly stupid move and didn't even post about the restriction in the spotlight. So many of us were blindsided by it. But now with how this is going, I doubt if i'll ever be able to open my factions base again.
  • npc15
    Do you know if the Merit is gone? Because if it is, then there's no point to even bother trying to get in. :'(

It's been replaced by the new chivalry/ loyalty points as far as I can tell
    WbG9jxx.png
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User

We paid for the bases, we worked hard for a decade (some of us) to level them up, we advanced the portions of the base needed to give us high quality stuff so we can be a tiny bit stronger, and now we are locked out!? Why? That is so not fair.

PWI is around a decade old.... bases? Nope.
    When you exaggerate to this extreme it makes it hard to feel sympathy or relate.

I agree smaller factions kind of got screwed here but please don't lie about your struggles. Some people don't want to be in a huge guild that pvps xtws etc..​​
    Here we go again....
  • bael75
    bael75 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yea, hey Chay just think, only the top 5 factions on our server will be able to get into the fac base to find out. Yes that does include Tempest. You have seen the TW map, how many factions are not on that list, and how many are likely to die because of this? If the top 5 are the only factions left, who is going to teach people how to run these instance? Sorry bro I was in Tempest and couldn't beg for enough people to make a training squad. Seriously can you get tempest to make a squad to help with someones FSD culti for Mushi? The factions that can unlock their base usually aren't the ones teaching people or helping with these types of culti, just my two cents.
  • bee11

PWI is around a decade old.... bases? Nope.
    When you exaggerate to this extreme it makes it hard to feel sympathy or relate.

I agree smaller factions kind of got screwed here but please don't lie about your struggles. Some people don't want to be in a huge guild that pvps xtws etc..​​

What extreme? 8 years vs. 10? All I remember is that we struggled for many many years to get the base up to level 30 and all that work is now gone ... which is the greater outrage? Not remembering the exact date we started building our base or having years and years of effort by dozens, if not 100's, of players (1000's if we consider all the bases on all the servers) and the 100's of billions of coins and $100's to $1000's of money taken away from us in a single instant?

I thought I was being rather balanced with my concern, but if you think about it on a macro level this change is monumental. The cost to base building players could easily represent TRILLIONS of coins (as I recall it is 100's of millions of coins to build a base, and it costs 10's of millions to build up each level of the monoliths, meaning a base built from scratch to max could cost billions of coins for a single faction). And how many factions, considering all servers, are now out in the cold? Ten? A Hundred? A Thousand?

But even without considering that, this change happened while MANY people were working towards getting their Base Helm. I am one of those people, and I had more than enough merit but I had not yet saved up the 500 million coins I needed to buy it. Oops, I mean 490 million coins, don't want to exaggerate my struggles.

PWI: This really is a sucky thing you did. Please undo it, or at least create a way for us to get what we had back.

Please!
  • billadama
    billadama Posts: 7 Arc User
    This seems such a backward step. PWI seems to have shot themselves in the foot with this terrible update. Updates are suppose to add content and progress the game but all we have are broken quests (Where is Granny? Gen Summer/Littlefoot quest seem broken too) and people's time and money being stolen from them with the base quest lock out.

tbf i've yet to see any benefit this update has at all.
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    it appears they want to add another coin sink to the game. Sorry PWE it wont work if people cant get into base :)
    My clan which my gf leads has a handful of 100+ all on at different times so cant do a full guild jfsp squad. As I see it the current coin sinks we have are TW bidding, old bases, homesteads(major one), and this super ineffective new base :) If there is anything critical in this update the new bases would be a critical MISS!!!
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    i think there would be a serious number of players that's gonna leave the game if this continue....... i wont add anything on this. since they pretty much said everything in here.
  • rebecca1973
    Another thing... we can't even get in the base to finish our TW season. Base buffs for TW? NOPE! Pots for TW? NOPE! Sure, we're not destined to win the TW season this season, however, at least we had a chance to get a little further on the map.. now our members are going to suffer during TW because of this as well?

I even slept.. usually things are better after a good sleep... this just gets worse and worse for us.

PWI, please remove the base closures and let us get into our bases again. (OR, at least please make the goals attainable!)

• cornvibrator#3296
    cornvibrator#3296 Posts: 1 New User
    Yesterday was a test. We tried. We gave it a shot. We did good! (But not good enough)

The faction that I am the leader of on the Tideswell server was one of the oldest on the Dreamweaver server. We are strong - we are proud - but now we are broken. As of yesterday, we have three lands on the TW map, but also as of yesterday, we can't even get in our faction base to get pots and buffs for TW (that will most likely end up in a gank this weekend).

We can't even begin to reimburse our players for the many hours/days/weeks/months that they spent leveling our base all the way to the top!

Luckily, we have found out from a bigger faction, that base helms still exist, and the price is cut nearly in half.. but that's really no consolation for the members that we have that were farming that helm under the impression that they needed so much merit.. now they have to start over from scratch! (And that's only if we can get the base opened again... which, at 100-150 points per day, its going to take longer than a week to open - in which case, the points will reset and we will never get that done!)

Right now I am heartbroken that PWI has so little faith in its customers that they would ruin something we held so dear. We had pride and hope in our factions -- our families... and now our pride is lowered, hope is dwindling, and our faith in PWI as a company is at stake.

PWI needs to fix this issue.
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    Just an added note -- unless they've changed the arrows that drop or you can make (dragontenna ones, for example), you need base arrows for G17 bows. I know people who have gotten the G17 bow (1st cast only) for their sins or newly minted archers as an alternative or an interim step to the G16 or R999 weapons. These bows require base arrows to use since no other arrows currently work on G17 bows. Just saying....
  • spasticattack1
    spasticattack1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    PWI stands to lose a lot of people over this. How can they justify this? Did you know if you go make a NEW faction base TODAY, it will cost you 12 mil coin for a lvl 3 base? Um.. all these faction owners spent LOTS more than that on their existing factions, and now PWI is going to give them away for free?? What's more.. a lvl 3 meant that you had a base. Now, you have a base, but just can't get in it?? What in the WORLD was PWI thinking? Maybe someone's smoking some of that funky stuff