Knock back arrow glyph

betuarrow
betuarrow Posts: 1 Arc User
What do you guys think about having this skill as a glyph skill? I personally wont even spend the spirit or coin to get it. Buying packs from those 10m and getting all lucky coins would be a better investment at least i get something back.

Seriously i fail to see the point of choosing that skill to be implemented.The skill doesnt work in pvp because it would be a game breaker? Never mind tidal..an archer that can know back an enemy now that would be weird and immensely OP right?...wait...wait..we can already do that with wing burst unless... it doesnt work... which happens surprisingly often ...did that break the game? Archer still bottom of the DD light armor classes and with a huge gap between the first 2 and archers.But hey if it cant be a pvp skill then so be it. Let it remain a pve skill...aint all that pve either...cant knock bosses away...only works on regular mobs and while that might be usefull at early lvls it doesnt help at high lvl and end gear. I can one shoot most mobs so the skill doesnt even get to be on my skill bar...took me ages to upgrade it to sage version as well not because it was expensive ...but it felt useless to do so..i only upgrade it when i got it for free.

If you get to Neverfall lvl you dont really need to push mobs away anymore...and even if you do...truth be told those NF mobs do hit harder ...but if thats the case you'll still have a hard time in there with or without the knock back and the glyphs for it...either way i still dont consider it to be that important for it to be the next glyph skill.
Its contradictory for a skill thats only somewhat useful at early lvls to be the next big end game skill upgrade only accessible at high lvl where it becomes utterly useless.

There are still other archer skills that could use a upgrade...like BOA,STA, take aim, winged shell or how about making Wings of Protection a squad buff thats actually usefull because right now i havent seen anyone complain about not having that buff in any squads i was in...means...useless...people dont care about that skill..its not a must..Elven Alacrity with the verdant glyph could prove to be usefull in some circumstances still wouldnt hurt to have a real squad buff like pretty much every other class in the game because evasion?...dont even get me started there :smile: What do you guys think?

Comments

• bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    Dont bother. I don't know why I did to be honest. A small hopeful part of me really thought that they'd do something interesting with this despite my calculations which basically showed that the damage on it was so variable do to weapon damage range that you could fully charge it on argent and do less damage than by instacasting.
    Alas... as usual I was disappointed by proving this was true in testing.

What a massive let down. There are skills like you mentioned STA, BOA, Take aim, even feather armageddon. I fail to see why other classes are getting boosts out the **** to their already useful skills and we are getting skills that already essentially do nothing useful to be restructured into something even more useless, like the argent glyph on alacrity - which literally makes no sense to me since they're using the same kind of action as some of the CC in UPD and things like that that throw you in the air.

It really has been a bad joke for many years. I really thought with the glyph system they would at least close some of the gap between our class and basically everyone else's. Like when i read the skill description for quickshot i got so excited only to find out that PWI can't Engrish... but seriously... when you buff skills of other classes that are already pretty broken what hope even is there. Unless you're already heavily invested in your archer, which unfortunately is the case for most of us who still continue to play the game, there really isnt much point in wasting your time or money whether its cash or coins.