[Expansion] Scheduled Server Maintenance [ 1/30/2018 - 10 PM PST]

13»

Comments

• classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Update on my patcing problems: I managed to patch on my 3rd attempt. Took approx 10 hours all in all. On my 3rd attempt i chose patch server En patch 2, otherwise it was the same settings.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    I asked this on my other account but it seemed to be muted so pasting here again on main:

ill we lose the factionbase Armory after this update? Because I've been saving up Merit for a looooooooooooong time now to buy the helmet egg-4.gif

@kalystconquerer#0876

What happens with the Alchemy Labs and the Armory in the faction base?

- Will I still be able to get faction buffs / pots after update?
    - Will we still be able to get faction Armor such as Golden Blase Helm?
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    People said Merit reset in base. I don't know for sure myself as I am still waiting on patch. 3 hours now..
  • kinghtshadow
    kinghtshadow Posts: 2 Arc User
    last night 01/30/2017 at 10pm +pr- a few seconds. we all got the srver shut down message. durring nation war no less. as far as i know no one got thier Nation war tokens. still why did it have to happen then?
  • emanuelly#5715
    emanuelly#5715 Posts: 31 Arc User
    NPC Missing. It's not possible to make the quest "A Missing Girl".

0JvEGXp.jpg
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    i would still like it if anyone could show me what the cloud fox male fash looks like :)
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    That fashion is shown in the cash shop update news post. @kalystconquerer#0876 please address my concerns aired in a post earlier in this thread.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I asked this on my other account but it seemed to be muted so pasting here again on main:

ill we lose the factionbase Armory after this update? Because I've been saving up Merit for a looooooooooooong time now to buy the helmet egg-4.gif

@kalystconquerer#0876

What happens with the Alchemy Labs and the Armory in the faction base?

- Will I still be able to get faction buffs / pots after update?
    - Will we still be able to get faction Armor such as Golden Blase Helm?

All merits got wiped out, I haven't managed to get inside the new base yet but by the looks of it, the whole base system has been restructured. BQ has been removed, merits have been replaced by loyalty and chivalry points (?), and the armory/alchemy stuff was replaced with something called Talents (unlocking more talents offers you the possibility to buy more faction goodies, but I am unsure what kind of goodies we're speaking of). It's still very confusing but give it a few days until people properly explore it and things should clear up
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    kwyl wrote: »
    Well I updated smoothly but am quite disappointed with what I've seen so far. Where is the rest of the new fashion? Where are all those new mounts? Where is the loyalty stone? Why didn't anything say that loyalty points could only be earned if you party with faction members? Can I get all my money back I spent to open this base in hopes of getting extra storage when now it looks like I can't earn or buy the loyalty points I need for it? Why did it cost 100M more to establish this base than gamepedia said it required? :'(

Gamepedia's page on the Faction Base is not up to date with the expansion, that's why it says a different amount. We don't really get given this kind of information prior to updates happening so it's up to the volunteers there to update things when they find out. Unfortunately I have not been able to update any pages so far because I spent about 16 hours patching (no joke, gotta love my bad internet haha)
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • klayukyneko
    klayukyneko Posts: 21 Arc User
    this patched crashed 2 times, im trying to update so many times n im waiting 5 hours for this update and this is very slow, the bar don't move!!
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    kwyl wrote: »
    Well I updated smoothly but am quite disappointed with what I've seen so far. Where is the rest of the new fashion? Where are all those new mounts? Where is the loyalty stone? Why didn't anything say that loyalty points could only be earned if you party with faction members? Can I get all my money back I spent to open this base in hopes of getting extra storage when now it looks like I can't earn or buy the loyalty points I need for it? Why did it cost 100M more to establish this base than gamepedia said it required? :'(

Gamepedia's page on the Faction Base is not up to date with the expansion, that's why it says a different amount. We don't really get given this kind of information prior to updates happening so it's up to the volunteers there to update things when they find out. Unfortunately I have not been able to update any pages so far because I spent about 16 hours patching (no joke, gotta love my bad internet haha)

Well, fyi i was charged 30 notes and no mats to establish my useless base. Now I have 500 ws medals or whatever they were and 2k subs to sell. I wouldn't be so upset if the loyalty stone was a cs item similar to sky pills like i thought it was gonna be. Thanks for your reply.
  • obielle
    I have updated the wiki page to reflect the new cost for establishing the faction base so it doesn't include the materials anymore. Thanks for letting us know it changed.

I haven't gotten access to my base yet so it'll be a while before I can update the rest.

• lambo51
    lambo51 Posts: 8 Arc User
    hello, i can't update, in any post i can find the update pack for download?
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    annoying glitch: my chat does not scroll down automatically anymore / keeps getting stuck
  • hmmmmom
    hmmmmom Posts: 5 Arc User
    Patch notes now LIVE

Click Me!

OP has also been updated with the link!

*NEW* Know Issues section has been included below patchnotes. Unless otherwise stated, all listed known issues should be corrected in the next content update we receive!

I still can NOT get the update complete!!! This is ridiculous!!! I have sent you msgs and I have asked if there is a patch I can download and manual install.

• obielle
    They haven't had manual patches in several years, and there is no manual patch available for this expansion unfortunately. :/

• kittythecat2013
    kittythecat2013 Posts: 55 Arc User
    I miss the old manual patches.
    This patcher is ridiculously slow even with my 10mbps internet the patcher wont reach 1mbps.
    So many file servers out there that can deliver files to mass amount of clients at high speed and we stuck with this.
    Specially frustrating when you lose the update at 80 ish % and has to start over.
  • halbdunkei81
    halbdunkei81 Posts: 6 Arc User
    PWI you guys screwed the pooch with this update. Shutdown faction bases for majority factions and set a point cap and instance set which make it impossible to ever Open the bases. You also took those who have worked for months to get their merit high enough to qualify for items such as base helms and spit in their faces. Thanks for ruining 9-10yrs of hard work. -Pissed Off-
  • kittythecat2013
    I know many people in old factions who were there only because of the base level and points they had as group of friends from glory times.
    Now those factions hold no value and people will be forced to leave for any faction with more people and level the bases all over again.
    Total disregard to the time players spent working on their bases.
    There was so much effort enforcing players to do their base quests.
    People were kicked for that.
    And PWI just dele it.
    Feels like a Pirate Server.
  • klayukyneko
    hoshichan wrote: »
    annoying glitch: my chat does not scroll down automatically anymore / keeps getting stuck

same here don't move only stucked :/ im really tired of wait
  • klayukyneko
    I miss the old manual patches.
    This patcher is ridiculously slow even with my 10mbps internet the patcher wont reach 1mbps.
    So many file servers out there that can deliver files to mass amount of clients at high speed and we stuck with this.
    Specially frustrating when you lose the update at 80 ish % and has to start over.

i feel the same all time, it stucked at green bar n start over, i never has this problem to update, for example neverfall runs very fast
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    So after 6 hours + is this update happening or not???? I don't have a bar or anything to show how far along it is. I hate to go off and leave it running, but guess I'll have to.

btw what this does to the smaller factions is disgusting. And thanks for taking away the making of Perfect Stones, not as bad as devaluing DQ drops, but still...

Before DQ value was taken away I used to drop a bit of cash into the game off and on because there was a real chance to make headway. That was fun, put in the work, and see progress. Now +12 orbs are 2 billion coins - and you've let the gold exchange prices run wild. You've made it impossible for new players, and taken away incentives for players that have been around a long time. Congratulations.

I still say things might be different if GM's actually played the game from level 1 to see what real players are up against instead of wearing OP gear and doing nothing.

About all that's left is to find another game, or ride this one off the cliff. It shouldn't take much longer at this rate.
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    wait till people find out what happened to babarian skills - the rage incoming <3
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    hell, i came back just to play with my girlfriend a year or so ago after being on and off for a year, but have played since CB. Might be time to play other games more often, the xbox is collecting dust.
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    15 hours into update and counting, with broadband. Could someone give us some practical answers as to what's going on and what to do about it?
  • tarrykin
    tarrykin Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    15 hours into update and counting, with broadband. Could someone give us some practical answers as to what's going on and what to do about it?
    ^This. Turns out my update went all sorts of horribly wrong, and I've had to start again. I am now stuck at Sorting Patch Files, 1/3 completed, and have been this way for at least 6 hours. I glanced at my patcher to see it at 50% completed for sorting before it fell back to 1/3 the next time I checked.

I dare not close it in case I fall back into the hole of being indefinitely stuck. Heck, I'm fearful of it may be the fact that I am stuck using the Neverfall patcher skin and have been trying to "forcibly" bring in the Wonderland patcher skin. Sounds ridiculous, but with PWI anything is apparently possible.

@kalystconquerer#0876 Please, if you can give us any reasonable/practical information, it would be appreciated. A dear friend of mine has been updating for over 24 hours and it still has not completed. That is utterly ridiculous. No previous expansion has taken this long or caused so many problems (to my knowledge/experience). At this point, I'm doubting if the expansion was "clean" as far as bugs/issues/complications go when it was given to us.

• kittythecat2013
    Update just completed right now.
    Restarted from scratch day 1around 04 am and and now is day 3 16:35 pm
    So it took approximately 36 hours even tho my internet is 10mbps and works fine on 1080p videos on youtube etc
    I wish I could make a torrent of the game folder or something for others who haven't started the update for some reason.
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Update just completed right now.
    Restarted from scratch day 1around 04 am and and now is day 3 16:35 pm
    So it took approximately 36 hours even tho my internet is 10mbps and works fine on 1080p videos on youtube etc
    I wish I could make a torrent of the game folder or something for others who haven't started the update for some reason.

damn, my net is the same but it only took about 4 or 5 hours to finish for me. 36 hours is crazy