[Expansion] Scheduled Server Maintenance [ 1/30/2018 - 10 PM PST]

Comments

• kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    Just TurboTaxed from start to finish and the update is still running. 1hr 45mins or so. :s
  • mudvayne8
    mudvayne8 Posts: 10 Arc User
    i cant even get update started
  • mudvayne8
    i can get in arc but then pwi dosent come up to start patch
  • kwyl
    You click play now from arc page and nothing happens?
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    anyone seen a manual patch link?
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • mudvayne8
    kwyl wrote: »
    You click play now from arc page and nothing happens?

• mudvayne8
    nothing
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    wildz2 wrote: »
    Ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Now gonna have to lock my door before someone sees my screen and thinks im a pedophile playing Hello Kitty games with kids online

LMAO I agree..

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User

Now gonna have to lock my door before someone sees my screen and thinks im a pedophile playing Hello Kitty games with kids online

Now I'm scared to even update :D:D:D

• wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    rieihdius wrote: »

Now I'm scared to even update :D:D:D

Dont worry, the game hasnt changed, just need to login really really quick :p
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    npc15 wrote: »
    anyone seen a manual patch link?

They stopped doing this a loooong time ago.​​
  • mysticdarkfairy
    mysticdarkfairy Posts: 11 Arc User
    3 1/2 hours and still updating with 1/4 of update left to go.
  • afkitsune
    afkitsune Posts: 33 Arc User
    Can anyone confirm if maint is over and the game update is live? Ether its taking a long time for my game to update, or the installer broke : O
  • rademastr#3455
    rademastr#3455 Posts: 5 Arc User
    4 hrs and the update is still going on. Halfway done.
    fml
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    In office, we did experience some longer patch-times - everything else during the maintenance went smoothly!

I've heard some reports that some players are getting errors, I'll be checking around to see where players are getting this error.

If you are experiencing an error while you are patching up, please let me know the following -
    What client language (EN, FR, DE)
    What version number you're patching from (if patcher has not changed this number while you were patching)
    Where this error occurs (When patcher skin is updating, during patching, interacting with any particular buttons etc)

As for manual patches - those stopped being distributed a very long time ago.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    according to the patch notes:
    Faction members need to increase their Loyalty Points to 1000 to unlock their Faction Base.
    Loyalty Points reset every week, meaning that they need to do it again the next week. Newly created Faction Bases don't have this restriction.

Why are older factions being penalized like this? I don't get it.​​
    Here we go again....
  • tarrykin
    tarrykin Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    To chime in, been patching for 4 hours or so and finally reached "Sorting Patch Files" approximately 30 minutes ago. Currently 1/4 completed and I'm holding my breath. This is after having to work around my patcher refusing to update to the Wonderland patcher, but I'll take what I can get. Game version at least changed from 1038 to 1060 - so I'm optimistic.

@kalystconquerer#0876 For what it's worth, when I press "Yes" for the first box (New Version Found, update now?) I'm prompted by the Update Settings box. If I press Confirm for the Update Settings box, to get the Wonderland patcher, my patcher will close and not reopen with the new patcher. I don't recall how I managed to start patching with the Neverfall patcher, but if it works...
    Post edited by tarrykin on
  • savla77
    savla77 Posts: 7 Arc User
    For everything I did read so far, I'm so turned down about this new expansion. :/
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Took me 2 hours but I had no issues patching.

This update kinda screws over lower factions who dont have the manpower to run instances to open their bases every week
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    according to the patch notes:
    Faction members need to increase their Loyalty Points to 1000 to unlock their Faction Base.
    Loyalty Points reset every week, meaning that they need to do it again the next week. Newly created Faction Bases don't have this restriction.

Why are older factions being penalized like this? I don't get it.​​

I don't get it either; and especially with the smaller factions. Its only going to hurt us.
  • fateblade
    fateblade Posts: 19 Arc User
    Updating is so long...
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Patcher took approx5 hours, then it crashed, and I had to restart. It has now been 3-4 hours, and the patcher halts at the same spot where it formely crashed. In case it matters: Download speed: 94.94
    Mbps, Upload: 23,53 Mpbs.

Client language: EN

What version number you're patching from: 1055

Where this error occurs: during patching

The bar filling up on the left side is green, slightly turning into yellow.

Edit: Patcher crashed again, seconds after I posted this comment
  • tarrykin
    tarrykin Posts: 12 Arc User
    I appear to have updated (?).. Game Version is listed as 1060 (from 1038), full bars, play button lit up. A wild error box appeared! Depicted below.

Language: EN
    Version you're patching from: 1060.
    When the error occurs: After pressing play.

30hvozp.png

On a whim, going with the classic verification. Might be a dodgy file judging by the box, but hey. Who knows.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Depending on when players start patching, looks like some won't have perfect attendance this year as Absence Notes don't work on previous months and today is the 31st.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Do we get our money back a lot of people that made lv 3 factions are now locked out of there homes these bases cost a lot to make every ones like why even bother with a base it would take 100 members in one day to open the door most factions are like 10-20 active players?

Its like comeing home from vecation and landlord says you need to pay 1000 dollars more every week to get in and only for a limited time ?

but if you buy a new house or apartment we will wave the 1000 dollars more rent fee but you have to start from zero meaning all your equaty just went poof gone.

so is there some kinda refund?
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    zentfamily wrote: »
    Depending on when players start patching, looks like some won't have perfect attendance this year as Absence Notes don't work on previous months and today is the 31st.

And nothing will probably be done to fix it. I've had loggins that didn't stick and missed many days last year and I was told it's nothing our people can do. It's a China issue..
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    Do we get our money back a lot of people that made lv 3 factions are now locked out of there homes these bases cost a lot to make every ones like why even bother with a base it would take 100 members in one day to open the door most factions are like 10-20 active players?

Its like comeing home from vecation and landlord says you need to pay 1000 dollars more every week to get in and only for a limited time ?

but if you buy a new house or apartment we will wave the 1000 dollars more rent fee but you have to start from zero meaning all your equaty just went poof gone.

so is there some kinda refund?

• kwyl
    edited January 2018
    Well I updated smoothly but am quite disappointed with what I've seen so far. Where is the rest of the new fashion? Where are all those new mounts? Where is the loyalty stone? Why didn't anything say that loyalty points could only be earned if you party with faction members? Can I get all my money back I spent to open this base in hopes of getting extra storage when now it looks like I can't earn or buy the loyalty points I need for it? Why did it cost 100M more to establish this base than gamepedia said it required? :'(
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    Well. I am the last remaining member(s) of the faction Devoted from Dreamweaver. And both my archer and BM are on the same account.. this is telling me if I want my arrows I must now move her out.

Thanks, I wanted to keep the memory but, thanks..

I don't know now what I am going to do about catface and it's state...
  • kwyl
    So I just noticed that when I opened my faction base not only did it charge me 100M more than expected but it did not take the 500 ws emblems 500 myst chip or the 2000 subs I, apparently needlessly, spent a fortune on. Did I miss something there?