The Northern Wastes?...

I searched back through the news feed, and i couldn't find any mention of the northern wastes. i know they still have a week or so of teasers to release, but i'm pretty sure everyone was expecting the northern wastes to be the next release. Did they just put the other 3 NW countries on the map at the same time to mess with us, or are we actually going to see one in the "Wonderland" expansion? Please tell me the new map for the expansion isn't just a theme park... Just sayin, if it is, there are going to be a lot of rage quitters in the near future...
RoumenOfIsya lvl 101/101/102 RB2 HA Wizard

Comments

• inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Why expect the Northern Wastes to be added this expansion, when there has been no clues to this being the case?

And why would anyone rage quit because it isn't added lol.

• Well they aded the other NW Nations to teh main map, just like teh western steppes. Clue 1 And I had allot of people who play the chinese version somehow tell me, and soooo many others, that's how they were releasing them, over the next 4 years. Those people were right about everything that was coming out in NF, so I figured believing them kinda made sence.

And realistically, how is adding 1 instance and some skill updates an expansion? It's closer to an update. What was the last "expansion" PW released that wasn't eitehr a new race, or a whole new map?

And i'm not the only one who was lookin forward to the northern wastes, trust me, i know allot of people ingame right now goin "seriously, an amuzement park?....."
    RoumenOfIsya lvl 101/101/102 RB2 HA Wizard
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    We still have a few locked areas in the Western Steppes, so I believe we won’t be visiting the other three empires until we are done with the Light Empire first. The same update structure was used with the Primal World.

They might surprise us and have us visit the other empires sooner, but based on previous patterns I find this unlikely. The Western Steppes are bigger than the Primal World, so we might get a new area per expansion whereas Primal World updates were released in content updates.

Assuming we get a new area per year, it will take us 4 years to unlock the entirety of the Western Steppes. At best we might get 2 new areas per year, which will put us at 2 years until the Western Steppes are finished.

However, the developers might choose to add smaller projects inbetween like PWI Wonderland so I think they will follow the “one new area per year” structure. Though if they want to introduce another major feature in the future (like skill Glyphs) visiting a new empire would make more sense.

I really want to visit the Flame Empire (Astrid is my favourite Empress), but I don’t think it will happen anytime soon.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Personally, I see no reason why they couldn't do a "reveal new nation every two expansions" model. That pads out the planned content over a longer period of time, while leaving room for them to try new things in-between. Makes sense from a development perspective, at least.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server