Cross Server Faction Battle - Dragon Wilds discussion

so, interesting but a couple of questions:

is there an objective?
is there a maximum player cap for each side?
is there any reward?​​

Comments

• npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Seems to be the same as the current same server ones which no one does (at least no one on Ti does, and from what I've seen when i occasionally log other servers it never happpens there either). Based on that it seems to just be 2 hours of overworld pk and the fac with the most kills wins I think? Also doesn't seem to be any rewards so it would not surprise me if a few factions do it once or twice just for ego reasons, but after that it dies and no one does it again. For no rewards people aren't gonna want the charm and apo waste
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    if there are no rewards i agree that this thing won't even get started to begin with.... nobody will do this lol​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I personally find this quite interesting since as of now we can only PvP other factions/servers in events with specific objectives. Nothing wrong with that, but being able to just have regular open world PvP against other servers would have its charm. Although I personally wish we could get a cross-server event where people can team up with players from different servers, but have some kind of reward system so people won't abandon it like they did with the randomised matchmaking in the arena. Also, honestly I believe PWE could organise seasons for this cross-server PvP feature, but I'm not sure if it's something they can handle considering they have trouble handling the PvP events we already have (probably a lack of manpower or just CN things).

With that said, here are some problems I can see with this (I'll call this feature xPvP or xPK):
    1. Player limit? If there is no player limit then factions that happen to get more participants in that particular time frame will win. Say what you want, but competitive factions will not self-impose limits for the sake of fair PvP.
    2. Egos and Trash talking. All competitive factions have people with egos or people that trash talk. Some are louder than others. Losing factions will hesitate to do xPK again. All factions have players that lose morale after loses. Factions do bounce back and make come backs, but xPK might die before that happens.
    3. Cost and lack of rewards. There is a reason big competitive factions don't just randomly bring 120 people in open world PK sessions. You don't see 100vs100 open world PvP in PWI. Many players don't want to PK if there are no rewards to be won. Well, at least it doesn't seem like you can drop items so GS won't be needed?

The bottom line is, this will be yet another PvP feature that won't be very successful because of our small playerbase and our community's mentality. I hope I'm wrong on this one, but we'll have to see it how things go. I'd like to try xPK at least once against every major faction just for the experience.
    ​​
  • tabaloul
    any word from kalyst?
    pls put a reward to this so it won't be a forgotten thing among many others​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    If you loose the item after the battle is declined then It wont be used.​​
  • tabaloul
    heero200 wrote: »
    If you loose the item after the battle is declined then It wont be used.

O.o

i really don't get thing sometimes with PWE really.... first it was sylenthunder now it's you... i mean what is the criteria even?​​
  • heerohex#3018
    tabaloul wrote: »

O.o

i really don't get thing sometimes with PWE really.... first it was sylenthunder now it's you... i mean what is the criteria even?​​

LOL.

Fair point. I was just pointing out no one is gonna buy a gold item that you can loose if a faction simply says "no" n you loose the item. Just to confirm I don't know the price.

Your right tho let's see how this plays.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul wrote: »

O.o

i really don't get thing sometimes with PWE really.... first it was sylenthunder now it's you... i mean what is the criteria even?

LOL.

Fair point. I was just pointing out no one is gonna buy a gold item that you can loose if a faction simply says "no" n you loose the item. Just to confirm I don't know the price.

Your right tho let's see how this plays.

xD
    @kalystconquerer#0876 pls tell us there is a reward \ set up a reward for this else it's gonna be a waste of time for you guys to even develop this new thing of the game​​
  • tabaloul
    btw @heero200 why did u move this to arigora section it has nothing to do with it and it's a dead forum section ffs... too much free time eh?
    move it back to general discussion....​​
  • heerohex#3018
    @tabaloul Sadly not me.

I do not interfere with decisions other MoDs make as a rule.

Thanks.​​
  • tabaloul
    this has nothing to do with arigora wtf who moved this to another section now nobody is discussing a main part of the new update.... jesus is it so hard​​
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    not sure on the move, but technically speaking Arigora is the PvP sub-forum. It seems to fit to me
    I did notice a forum section poof recently though, so maybe we need to re-think the layout again.​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Ow damn, I never noticed we had a PvP sub forum called Arigora. I saw the name and just assumed it was for people to share tips on farming money in PWI using alts n such.
  • tabaloul
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Ow damn, I never noticed we had a PvP sub forum called Arigora. I saw the name and just assumed it was for people to share tips on farming money in PWI using alts n such.

how much would it cost me to run 50 clientless bots to farm arigora like the pros on TT do?​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Yeah, with the new expansion they consolidated some of the forums and re-named it to fit with the expansion. It's just the PvP section we had before. I added a section for TW-type stuff so it's a little more clear.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!