Another "Unique" Mount? Really?

sylenthunder
sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
The Wonderland Goldfish will not be available any other way, so make sure to act quickly!

Why? Just curious.
I mean really, we all know what happens.

Two-Six months after the release it will be handed out for another special purchase award. Two months after that it will be in the boutique.

This happens every single time. Without fail.

Goldmane Lion. Was supposed to be contest reward only. Then it was in spend promos. Then it was in a special limited buy event. Then it was in the boutique.
Ancient Boa, same thing. Except it was originally even harder to get than the Goldmane.
Bulbfish. Contest only reward. Was only supposed to be given out for that contest and then never again. It re-appeared in the special limited buy event with the others, and then two months later was in the boutique.
There were a couple of other mounts that were similar, but i cannot recall which specifically right now.

I mean, it's really hard to support a company that you know is just outright lying to you right from the get go.
I really hope no one falls for this gag.
Seriously.
Just stop it.​​
582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
​​
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Don't forget Dark Abyss. You needed 400 days worth of attendance sheets. A few months after I got one, it appeared as a charge reward.

Yeah, it's coming.
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Nope. It will be unique , they not lieing. PWI has been around for years, since like 2007 or 2008. They doing something right. You just want to search and digg down deep and find a reason to complain about something. also its a mount. Not a +12 g17 weapon. if they did put it in there it would be because they love their players.
  • orangeitis
    edited January 2018
    Nope. It will be unique , they not lieing. PWI has been around for years, since like 2007 or 2008. They doing something right. You just want to search and digg down deep and find a reason to complain about something. also its a mount. Not a +12 g17 weapon. if they did put it in there it would be because they love their players.
    1-They have demonstrated the complete opposite of sticking to their story, as OP and I have pointed out.

2-Why should we care what you think if you're assuming what OP's intentions are, effectively dismissing his/her concerns?
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Might I add that it's not just mounts?
    I know that the giant bunny all class pet was supposed to be a reward for a contest (I think art? I'm not sure), but at one point in time AFTER that, it was given away to everyone (I don't remember if it was in a code, a login reward, or something else).
  • yayoblow#4632
    orangeitis wrote: »
    1-They have demonstrated the complete opposite of sticking to their story, as OP and I have pointed out.

2-Why should we care what you think if you're assuming what OP's intentions are, effectively dismissing his/her concerns?

Because complaining just for the sake of complaining or because you see the majority of players do it is a worthless cause that shouldn't be taken seriously. Think for yourself. Choose to be different we got you and 97% of the players complaining already about the same things. This is a stupid thread. PWI wont break or die off because of a single Mount. So yes dismiss it. For the record, nobody probably cares what you think as well. So there.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    I remember them cleaning up boutique or smth so there was various packs that were going on sale and "will never be sold again!"
    Few months later same packs would go on sale and "never be sold again!"
    Guess what. Some of them still go on sale once in a while.
  • yayoblow#4632
    shopcheese wrote: »
    I remember them cleaning up boutique or smth so there was various packs that were going on sale and "will never be sold again!"

Not pwi fault. You probably just read it wrong. It probably said it wouldn't go on sale again within that month, or within that hour or within that year. point is, they never said it wouldn't be sold again in the remaining history of the game.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    It is a valid observation, though. Players are persuaded to charge and spend gold with the promise of receiving an exclusive mount. However, looking back into PWI's history, most exclusive cosmetic items are eventually added in spend promos, in the boutique or given out through codes to everyone. So this begs the question; why should anyone charge gold for this mount when it's likely to get it later on anyway.

I really hope I'm wrong on this one, but as of now there are far more cases of exclusive items becoming common than them remaining exclusive items. I personally don't care, but there are people that do and might be tempted to charge for this Goldfish mount thinking they'll have something unique.

Here are some examples:
    1. The Black Raptor was originally given out to players who invited friends to play PWI. It was later sold in the Boutique.
    2. The Dark Abyss was originally only obtainable by acquiring and exchanging 400 Attendance Sheets. It was later added to charge rewards.
    3. The Golden Steed was originally only obtainable by acquiring and exchanging a high amount of DQ points. It was later added to spend promos.
    4. The Goldmane Lion and the Bulbfish, as mentioned by sylenthunder, were originally unique contest rewards. They were later sold in the Boutique.
    5. The Giant Bunny was originally a unique contest reward for an Easter event. It was later given out to everyone through codes/log-in promos.
    6. The Eternal Love fashion was originally only obtainable by reaching 100,000 points in the Chapel. It was given out through a code to everyone during a game anniversary.
    7. The Silver Mane and Violet Lightning were originally only obtainable through Dragon Quests. They were later sold in the Boutique.
    8. The Goldfish fashion set was originally given out as an anniversary reward to players that had been playing PWI since the beginning. It was given out every year for a while afterwards and later added in the Event Boutique.
    9. All those old anniversary mounts given out to players that had been playing PWI for x amount of years were eventually given out to all players during one anniversary.
    10. Diamond Ring was originally obtainable through reaching a certain point milestone in the Chapel or the Phoenix Wedding. It was later added in a spend promo.
    11. The Steampunk fashion was originally given out as a contest reward or some other exclusive event (I forgot which one it was) and was later added to the Boutique.

Cases where exclusive items remained exclusive:
    3. Wedding fashion obtainable by reaching 100,000 points in the Phoenix Wedding.
    4. Faction Base fashion sets.
    5. Dye-able Celestial fashion from an (anniversary?) log-in event.
    6. Sage and Demon fashion from the Celestial Tiger event.
    7. The Dragons' Conquest mounts.

I'd mention the Chipmunk pet from the Christmas event and the Arigora Colosseum fashion, but these are new so we've yet to see if they'll remain unique in the future. I also didn't mention fashion sets that came from packs but were later sold in the Boutique. I'm personally glad (easier-to-obtain fashion for me!) but I'm not sure how others felt paying a lot of coins for rare fashion packs and then seeing the fashion in the Boutique the following week.
    ​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • ohnohz
    ohnohz Posts: 30 Arc User
    How sad would it be to limit a mount to just a few people who was around at that time and charged ? Of course it should become available to people who join later after a decent ammount of time has passed like a year. That being said i agree that pwi uses the word never too lightly. Wasnt there some packs they promoted with LAST TIME IN BOUTIQUE AND GONE FOREVER. And on players choice they magically was back :)

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    shopcheese wrote: »

Not pwi fault. You probably just read it wrong. It probably said it wouldn't go on sale again within that month, or within that hour or within that year. point is, they never said it wouldn't be sold again in the remaining history of the game.

Since its very long time ago, it was hard to find the news posts about it, but I remember my friends bday was near the first last-sale so I was able to find that.
    This is what it said at end (for the items under last-sale only):

/!\ It is your very last chance to find these items in the PWI Boutique, so make sure to stock up before saying goodbye.
    Im sure one of the other sales also said something like "never again" but I couldnt find the 2nd times they were on last-sale, its like 2-3 years ago afterall & theres a lot of posts.

Sure, they didnt say "in the remaining history of the game"... buuut...

I would say the The Wonderland Goldfish will not be available any other way, so make sure to act quickly! has just as much value as the other statement. Exactly - nothing.
  • catgirldesu
    edited January 2018
    ohnohz wrote: »
    How sad would it be to limit a mount to just a few people who was around at that time and charged ? Of course it should become available to people who join later after a decent ammount of time has passed like a year. That being said i agree that pwi uses the word never too lightly. Wasnt there some packs they promoted with LAST TIME IN BOUTIQUE AND GONE FOREVER. And on players choice they magically was back :)
    I don't support one way or another, it's just that they throw "exclusive items" and "these items will never be available again" around a lot when, in many cases, is not true at all.

I personally only care about fashion and I'm very happy when unobtainable fashion I want becomes obtainable. However, I can also understand how some people might feel when they think they bought or worked hard for something unique and exclusive, and later it's given out to everyone through a code or something.

​​
  • yayoblow#4632
    ohnohz wrote: »
    I don't support one way or another, it's just that they throw "exclusive items" and "these items will never be available again" around a lot when, in many cases, is not true at all.

I personally only care about fashion and I'm very happy when unobtainable fashion I want becomes obtainable. However, I can also understand how some people might feel when they think they bought or worked hard for something unique and exclusive, and later it's given out to everyone through a code or something.

​​

In that theoretical situation, keep in mind its a large portion of users who probably dont use the forums but still play the game. they would theoretically send tickets to pwi staff about the fashion/mount in question, if they get enough tickets then they know from that by itself that it is a Hot or most requested item. They put it in the shop or make it available some other way because they want to keep their players happy.and lets say 5 people on the server actually do have the rare fash/mount, a large percentage of happy people is better for business than just 5 players. Doesn't make them the bad guy or dishonest like alot of people may think. They said that mount would be exclusive and wont be available, well maybe they meant for this year or this month. The person typing are human, they make mistakes they could have easily left something out of those previous post for those past items and this one too for that matter. They dont have as much free time as us.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    It's a reskinned fish mount, don't think I am going to get upset when it is released another way later.
  • orangeitis
    Because complaining just for the sake of complaining or because you see the majority of players do it is a worthless cause that shouldn't be taken seriously. Think for yourself. Choose to be different we got you and 97% of the players complaining already about the same things. This is a stupid thread. PWI wont break or die off because of a single Mount. So yes dismiss it. For the record, nobody probably cares what you think as well. So there.
    Think for yourself? Well that's kinda what we're doing here. How do you know that anyone here is complaining for the sake of complaining? At the very least, we could be letting off some steam. At the most, we could be warning everyone not to trust these so-called "exclusive items" because of the precedent that predicts that they will not remain so. Of course PWI won't "break or die off" any time soon, let alone just for this, but that's not our concern.

Stupid thread? Nah.

Also, if you don't care, why would you even look at the thread at all? <3
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    So basically if ya want if before others do... there is your incentive. Charge for it and have a mount before some others do.
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    It's like a Mercedes-Benz. Super expensive to get them when they're brand new, but after a few years, dirt cheap.

Though, unlike a Mercedes-Benz, it doesn't require constant money dumped into it for maintenance before you get bored of it and sell it for a huge loss.

Imagine if every 20 minutes, your mount demanded 20 silver to keep moving. o.x
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Its because they see it as an opportunity knowing people will look at it and think *Oh there's a Unique mount i'm going to buy it* and then in a few months time for people who couldn't get it, put it up for sale knowing people will spend more to get one.
    It's a well known recurring theme with PWI and Unique mounts, flyers etc.

Everything in the new expansion being previewed is PvP and cash based, as it has been for a while. I find it extremely hard to view PWI now as anything but a cash based PvP mmo where if you don't spend to get geared up, you can't fully experience the game.

Yes, PvP does need more options for those that enjoy it. On Et server for example, there is no regular PvP and even TW has been dead for a long time apart from a few odd weeks here and there. For those who pay to play, they need more PvP options so I see the expansion being good for them. On Et, that's like 10% of the player base. Might even be less than that as a faction formed between the 2 strongest factions last TW season to focus on xTW yet, even with 130+ members, cant put 60 into 1 xTW fight.

PvE on the other hand is being completely ignored and has been imo since they removed DQ points and introduced that stupid bot system. DH has recently been changed and made 100x easier. PvE now has no challenges as get a squad of 5/6 decent geared people and DH, UP etc can be completed in 30mins easily. The Judgement mode for DH no one really does as the rewards aren't hugely different from Deicide mode. Deicide UP gets completed in around 20mins with a 10 person squad who know what their doing, so again, its simple to do and removes any challenges as the bosses can be spark killed. For players who don't want to pay thousands of dollars to compete/win in PvP, there is no reason to play this game.

I know I've gone off topic a bit but the term Unique, has no meaning in PWI. Unique instances that only certain people could complete? Lets make it easier for everyone. Unique flyer that can only be gotten from packs? Lets put it in the boutique for everyone. New Mount that you can only get from event or promo? Lets put it in the boutique so everyone can get..

#kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • catgirldesu
    @valdisman Well, we'll be getting a Faction Base revamp/overhaul and new Faction Trials if that counts. I'm not sure how challenging the trials are though. I expect them to be more challenging than the old ones at the very least, since monsters and bosses will likely be scaled in difficulty to account for the passives, spirit etc. stuff we got over the years.
    ​​
  • lottie#8801
    lottie#8801 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    It's like a Mercedes-Benz. Super expensive to get them when they're brand new, but after a few years, dirt cheap.

Though, unlike a Mercedes-Benz, it doesn't require constant money dumped into it for maintenance before you get bored of it and sell it for a huge loss.

Imagine if every 20 minutes, your mount demanded 20 silver to keep moving. o.x

I don't think it's a mistake and I agree with sarrafeline on this, except the Merc or any other car does demand constant money dumped into it (think petrol, insurance, maintenance, tax) and you do sell it at a loss as all cars depreciate over time due to mileage and wear and tear.

I just think that PWI means it when they say, it's a unique mount - at this point in time. The people who can afford and want it - get it. The people who can't, admire it and create enough attention and demand for it so that in future, if it proves to be really popular and in high demand, PWI might decide to offer it to the masses and more people get to have it then. Then at that point in time, it will no longer be as unique anymore. Simple.

It truly would be a waste if designers spent hours to design a new thing, and then it just being used by a handful - forever. That to me, doesn't make much sense. Just think about it: if you were one of the people who never got a chance to get a cool mount like the Winterlord Steed, just cause GMs decided to drop it during some unique event you weren't even online for, and stuck to their guns saying 'no it's a unique reward and since only Person X picked it, he/she is the only one that will get to have it forever' - how would you feel?

I think this method allows those who can afford it, to get it first, and then this creates interest and awareness for the item so they can introduce them later to the masses to get later on, if it proves to be popular.

Besides, I really don't think the focus should be on the 'unique' mount for this pre-purchase promo. It doesn't look that great. We already have 2 other kinds of fish which look similar. I think the thing that was really worth getting the package was the S Chest - and as always - only if we could afford it. :p

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    @valdisman Well, we'll be getting a Faction Base revamp/overhaul and new Faction Trials if that counts. I'm not sure how challenging the trials are though. I expect them to be more challenging than the old ones at the very least, since monsters and bosses will likely be scaled in difficulty to account for the passives, spirit etc. stuff we got over the years.
    ​​

Yeah but the base trials rewards are focused on boosting already end game players who have Nuema avatar set. From what I seen on so far, there isn't any real worth for people with anything less that that, unless you can apply a set bonus to A card sets too. I think they should also focus on revamping drop rates from packs, make more end game gears available for those who don't have it and can't afford to spend the thousands of dollars to get it, instead of creating even bigger gaps between end games and the rest by adding even more PvP events that people won't be able to compete in. the more people who can participate, the better.

I did a test the past weekend. I bought 2000 Sochi packs trying for a CoM or just to get items to go towards improving my gear and out of the 500+ dollars spent (I think that's what it exchanges too) I made around 600m after selling everything. That can't even buy 6 atk or def levels on ET server. So going on that basis, if you wanted to go full +3 def or attack levels (not including the money needed to buy refines) look how much a new player will need to spend in order for people to compete. I know pack rate is different for everyone but over the years I've spent more money than people can imagine on packs and never gotten a single item worth more in value over 150m. That was when I got a Script of Fate around 5 years ago. I've just been lucky in being able to farm coin for my gears before they almost completely removed PvE coin gain.
    I just think that PWI means it when they say, it's a unique mount - at this point in time. The people who can afford and want it - get it. The people who can't, admire it and create enough attention and demand for it so that in future, if it proves to be really popular and in high demand, PWI might decide to offer it to the masses and more people get to have it then. Then at that point in time, it will no longer be as unique anymore. Simple.

The problem is, PWI sell things as exclusive and unique when in reality, they know it isn't. This is the only game I know of where there isn't truly unique items that can only be gained one way for certain moments and if you don't get it then its tough luck. Apart from a few titles, there is no real player individuality in this sense of having discontinued and tradable items of value to show off. The pickaxe for example is available now only by trading someone who has it but it has no value and no use. You can't show it off visibly in appearance except only linking it in chat. Why would you want a discontinued unique item that you can only link in chat?

I have a unique rare item you cant get anymore!
    'Oh cool let me see it!!'
    [Pickaxe]

#kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    G17 final cast ring and cape should be a reward for hard work yet ppl abuse a flaw in their system at this point game is played for nostalgia because the company legit don’t give a damn. Even 3v3 are becoming stale because ppl rather farm army of 6v6 vs actually working towards it and if they stop it now those who did it first have a massive edge at this point we have to just accept this game has poor maintenance without a care in the world. Just because this game has been about since 2008 to me doesn’t say their doing it right it only means we are gluttons for punishment xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • thage
    thage Posts: 17 Arc User
    I remember back when the homestead expansion launched and the pre-order bonus was the Wukong cloud mount. My boyfriend at the time and myself both bought the 200$ pack for this "only available for pre-ordering" mount. Within six months it was able to be gotten by a spend promotion effectively ruining the "pre-order only" statement. I surprised people still fall for this scammy companies words. They always lie to people in order to get us to toss our wallets at the game. This isn't new either they have done this type of thing for nearly 8 years. Honestly it's no wonder why most servers are dead filled with afk catshops. This company hasn't had any new ACTUAL content released since the reaper race came out, every single "new" thing added to the game is just another form of lazy daily quests.

PWI was my first MMO I ever got hardcore into as an adult but now seeing how far this game has fallen it's pretty dead to me now. There are so many other BETTER games to play, I have no idea how this game is still running and why anyone gives this company money. Obviously they're just taking advantage of long time players that don't want to lose out on all the money they have spent in the game. My ex BF merchanted, spent on sales and worked really hard to get his R9x3, he even got it while my characters are still in G16 junk and I've played since the game launched here. Within two-three months of getting his R9x3 he stopped playing/logging in cause he saw what a boring scam this game has become. At least he realized it before spending 5k on the game like most others have over the years.

My advice is count your losses and stop giving this company/game your time and money. It's on life support at this point and it's only going to go ever more downhill. Look at the news page for proof it's 99.9% all cash shop stuff/spend rewards/charge rewards. They don't care about this game at all they just want to line their pockets with your hard earned money laughing at the people dumb enough to still support this company.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    to be frank, who cares about mounts anymore? There are dozen's of mounts in this game, so who would be dumb enough to actually pay real money for this fugly mount?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I have ignored sales for literally 2 months now this is not ganna change it
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    The new exclusive fashion from colosseum season 1 looks so nice and yay its exclusive. Its so exclusive that you can loot it out of a pack thats not yet released for our version. :D

• deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    Will stick to my snowsprint cat mount , as it stands it's a unique mount compared to each one in the game , in terms of effects.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • ardyen
    ardyen Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well they had deleted the news post for a bit. I see they brought it back though.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10768654-wonderland-pre-purchase-reward

Still has the same blatant lie in it.​​
    There was once a signature...
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    @sylenthunder since you are a mod here. i will do a short and informative statement...
    'THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS UNIQUE MOUNT' on any online game. play other games and see if there is one..
    there so many things you could post that actually matters like current gold-coin ratio and etc.
    you are a mod i wont say anything more.
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    90% of the mounts and fashion are freakin' ugly anyway. Why can't they make a plain t-shirt for us guys without garbage on it?