Arc quest trap

srovarie
srovarie Posts: 44 Arc User
One of mine friend just got banned because apparently you can't do arc quest more than 5 accounts. Not like there would be any warning about this anywhere, but according to the GM "they have the right to do stuff like this without warning". Btw. mine friend played more than 3 years and charged a lot too. Now she won't get her accounts back. Nice GM work over there, keep it up.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    It would be nice to get some official confirmation on how many accounts you can do Arc Quests with. I saw another thread asking about it a couple of months ago but I don't think anyone could actually say what the limit was. Unfortunately it is leading to people getting banned because of the lack of information on the limits. Personally I was doing them with 3 accounts but have only redeemed my quest points with one account after hearing others were getting banned.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • danilo#4237
    danilo#4237 Posts: 62 Arc User
    The game is not in good days and if ppl getting banned for try farm (what they give us not option to do it), this game is one more step to die.
    PS: Make sure ur friend got banned because of this, 'cause I had a friend that gor ur rank 9 doing that
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    sontzu wrote: »
    >This<
    Also it STILL isn't included in the TOS page, meaning you have to go hunting to find this information, which I believe makes it grossly unfair to ban anyone for this, since technically speaking it isn't in the TOS.

Read ToS again (1.4 paragraph exactly).

PWI staff can include Rules of Conduct anywhere in the Website arcgames.com.

PWI has many games.

Do you see anything related to these games in the ToS, mentioned by you ?

No, because it is in the sites of the games, like this one: arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    srovarie wrote: »
    One of mine friend just got banned because apparently you can't do arc quest more than 5 accounts. Not like there would be any warning about this anywhere, but according to the GM "they have the right to do stuff like this without warning". Btw. mine friend played more than 3 years and charged a lot too. Now she won't get her accounts back. Nice GM work over there, keep it up.

Honestly I am not surprised. Arc client does have MAC and IP verification after all. So if if your friend loged an insane amount of accounts to "farm gold" from same machine or even same house, of course he/she will get banned. Also as was mentioned before. That 2 clients per player rule is really old, the thing is that in the case of the game, people have to report others to get them banned. On the other hand, I can guess that in arc client is automated (pretty much like arc guard or whatever the name is works )

Well here is a prime example of what I am saying:
    PS: Make sure ur friend got banned because of this, 'cause I had a friend that gor ur rank 9 doing that

Arc quests gives about what? 5 to 10 golds per month at much if person does all the quests on his account

Now considering that r9 cost is about 750 golds on sale you would need to do this for 150 months if 5 golds or 75 months if 10

That is 6 to 12 years per account....
    Now considering 2 acounts still will be 3 to 1 and alf year at least...
    Of course the more accounts the faster will get but lets be honest here, a person that get banned for abusing arc quests is most likely login in like 20 or more accounts, if that is not abuse then I dont know what it is.

Also you mention that:
    Btw. mine friend played more than 3 years and charged a lot too. Now she won't get her accounts back. Nice GM work over there, keep it up.

What I can tell you about this is that charging money will not always save a person from ban.
    There was this rich archer on Archosaur server (Etherblade after merge with HT). This guy was know as one of the bigest spenders on said server, some people said he put 45000 to 65000 USD on this game. That guy also was acused many times of buying accounts and other shady stuff, however he never got banned for all that.
    Not until he aparently decided to annoy Archosaur biggest scammer, thing is that said scammer aparently knew how to get him banned and he was in good terms with the right people(no wonder he scammed alf archo server and never got banned).
    Not going to say names or anything since is against the rules but long history short: One of the bigest archosaur/etherblade server cashers gets banned for killing a catshop (if i am not wrong) and it was reported by the biguest archosaur Scammer who never got banned btw :D
    So nope, money will not always save people on this game.
  • srovarie
    I don't know the exact number of her accs but it's not so insanely high. I am sure it's under 10. And non of mine friends knew about this 2 acc/person law before. Hell, most of them don't even read this forum and that law is in a 8 years old forum post anyway. Last time I checked this forum wasn't a requirement to play the game. Don't speaking about the fact that literally every one of us have more than 2 accs. And some of us playing like this since years. And let alone ban we never even got a single warning. Now this rule is important suddenly. Because the market is so "overflooded" with gold.

I don't think that she should be above the laws just because she charged btw. I think this company should value the paying users and not permabann them without any warning. Your story just shows the very same problem than mines.

I totally wouldn't mind bans like this btw. But somehow like first time - 1 week ban, second time - 1 month ban, third time - permaban. Banning in PWI is hectic like hell.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    And non of mine friends knew about this 2 acc/person law before.
    Hell, most of them don't even read this forum and that law is in a 8 years old forum post anyway

Ignorance of law excuses no one.

That law is 7 years old (that law has been edited in April 2011).

Terms of service (ToS) are even older.

Post edited by magicsabre on
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    Im not in a position to comment on this as such.

However I can see its an important issues that needs to be feedback.

Ill keep this open for the above reason. However...
    If it gets into discussing issues that are not allowed as to Forums RoC T&S then ill have to shut it.

I will state however that excessive use of accounts is monitored.

Thanks.​​
  • srovarie
    edited January 2018
    magicsabre wrote: »
    Ignorance of law excuses no one.

That law is 7 years old (that law has been edited in April 2011).

Terms of service (ToS) are even older.

This law is not in the ToS. Most laws can be easily found, not like this one.

They own our tools, they can do everything. Yes, we know. Thanks for saying the obvious.
    They could do differently though. Like they could write something this important into the Notice at the character choosing window. Or not banning years+ accounts like nothing. This is all I ask.

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

If it gets into discussing issues that are not allowed as to Forums RoC T&S then ill have to shut it.

Thanks.​​

I gotta ask. When does excessive happens? I mean, 10? 20?

I remember a post about being allowed 2 accounts live at the same time, but nothing about how many you can own.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    If your doing something above and beyond to attain a multi reward of a gift...like obviously exploiting.. yeah you know what your doing. And that being said, so be the luck of gotta exploit this, that, whatever I can find and exploit it cuz yeah, I got no morales .. just gotta find a exploit and be awesome/ Another reason MMO's been taking a hit the last decade..the number of exploiting troll's is pretty sad lol. Me personally I would love for the exploiting troll's to see bad luck more often then not.. Go Go Protectors of true gaming. Oh and yeah, A small percentage might of been napping in the think tank and legit made a mistake!!, But I assure you, its not a large percentage.
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    DELETE!
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    there are people grinding other aspects of the games with 50 accounts and they get away with it, and that guy got banned for arc quests on 5 accs?
    lmfao​​
  • wettstyle
    lol, umm Arc is pretty much there Police force, regarding ip's ect.. mess with the grey, black and gold and well, your more likely to be given a ticket:). And yup there probally is peeps running around in mucho accounts, bet there bypassing arc.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    I am not a expert in this ( never did any arc quests), but you link the ToS of Pwi. In my opinion Pwi and Arc are 2 different things.
    What if I have 2 pwi accounts and 6 accounts more to play their other **** games? I could do Arc quest on all of them, no?
  • wettstyle
    good point scruncy, guess it's up to the gm's to look at log's and make a decision...Heck you could make some accounts as you say as camo.. DL a few games .. make a char or two.. and let it be. Why I say it's a call for a Gm to make based upon The evidence, history and more.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    heero200 wrote: »

Thanks.​​

I gotta ask. When does excessive happens? I mean, 10? 20?

I remember a post about being allowed 2 accounts live at the same time, but nothing about how many you can own.

There was something about legacy accounts somewhere in the old forum. It said something like an old player could have more than 2 accounts if those accounts were created long time ago, but still said player could not log more than 2 at same time. Reality is however that pwi players create a lot of accounts and exploit pretty much everything they can.

The difference however is that when it is something related exclusively to pwi, they skip arc, so it is more something on the server the person play to track those people, and considering that gms don't seem to monitor that too much, almost the only way to get a ban for that is by geting reported.
    Arc on the other hand probably have the IP and MAC verification enabled by default. So if some person login 20 accounts from same pc, it is most likely that it will trigger an alert of some sort, alert that probably a gm will see and then verify, So most likely GM will say something like: "this dude is doing arc quest on 20 accounts and transfering X virtual currency to X game on those 20 acc... BAN Time :D "

Of course it could even be more simple than that and just be a bot that auto ban if person logs more than a certain number of accounts from same pc.
    scruncy wrote: »
    I am not a expert in this ( never did any arc quests), but you link the ToS of Pwi. In my opinion Pwi and Arc are 2 different things.
    What if I have 2 pwi accounts and 6 accounts more to play their other **** games? I could do Arc quest on all of them, no?

Well the OP said on his/her post that the limit for arc is 5 accounts actually, I am not sure if that is true and from where did they got that info.
    Now I have to admit that what you are saying make some sence, this due the fact that some people may argue that they created and account for pwi, but before that they had another for some other game like star conflict or elsword (as example)

Problem with this is that I don't know how they handle older accounts from non PWE games. do they link those to one existent arc account? do they transform in to a new one?

Now aside from that being ok or not. I don't think it is matter of how many accounts you created in total during years, In fact in a long period a person could have docens of accounts and they probably would not be able to notice anything if that person dont use most of them, this due the fact that many accounts could have been created on different computers with different ISP, thus different MAC and IP.
    The main problem is if those accounts login almost simultaneously from same machine with same IP and same MAC and do nothing more than stay loged a few minutes to complete the arc quests, it is pretty obvious the porpuse of said accounts, even worse if all the points from those accounts go to one game, that is even more ovious then.
  • conradvanlier
    conradvanlier Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Hello and a good evening , i got the question if there is something get change about the Arc Quests because players on the X-Box ( i wrote ) can still use that Arc Quests. I hope that people that play's on the PC also getting that quest back and arch getting fixed it for the players they used the PC for playing the game's :'(:'( . TY very much
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    Arc quests have been disabled for the moment on pc as they work on an upgrade. They will be back according to PWE at some point I expect them to be disabled on other platforms but that's a guess.

Sorry not on pc so can link.

I'll also need to close this thread as the dates have worn out.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.