Duo w/ friend

So me and my friend have been playing PWI for quite a few years on and off. We recently started getting back into playing it and kind of decided that we should both make new characters that actually synergize with each other. Also we are just getting tired of playing the same class. I am here to ask for classes that can duo with each other in pve mostly.

Comments

• shiroe#6651
    shiroe#6651 Posts: 1 Arc User
    cleric/mystic + most DDs, though for added survivability and do most things by yourself, pick something tanky, barb/BM/seeker/etc

Honestly though most things can work out fairly well, but having a healer speeds things up considerably.
  • blazetear
    blazetear Posts: 2 Arc User
    cleric/mystic + most DDs, though for added survivability and do most things by yourself, pick something tanky, barb/BM/seeker/etc

Honestly though most things can work out fairly well, but having a healer speeds things up considerably.

Any tips on making a healer? I've played Barb and venomancer so it's probably nowhere close to making them.
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    blazetear wrote: »

Any tips on making a healer? I've played Barb and venomancer so it's probably nowhere close to making them.

Look at the friends health bar rather than focus on dealing 9999999 damage to the enemy.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    A healer class and a tank class are usually the ideal duos. This means any combination of Cleric/Mystic and Barbarian/Blademaster/Seeker. You could also try Cleric/Mystic and a damage dealing class, but you may have trouble killing some bosses or clearing some instances due to the lower defences.

Cleric/Mystic and Assassin might not be too bad though, because Assassins have Bloodpaint that heals them and that along with Cleric/Mystic heals may be enough to tank some of the hard-hitting bosses. It also has the perk that Assassins have great damage so you can kill things faster.

A fairly good duo is Mystic & Venomancer because they can heal each other's pets so they can pet-tank a lot of bosses while the Mystic can heal the Venomancer when they can body-tank. That duo can get somewhat boring though if you always resort to pet-tanking things.

Cleric is the traditional healer class, but it can change forms and become a pretty good damage dealer. It also has buffs which can help a lot, especially if you're together with a tank class that can provide buffs, too. Mystic is more of a jack-of-all-trades type of class but it can be a very potent healer. It's a good class if you want something versatile that can still work as a healer when needed. Tank classes are pretty straight-forward. Barbarian is the traditional tank class, but Blademaster and Seeker trade some of their tanking ability for other perks. Damage dealer classes maximise their damage, but there is a wider variety to choose from so it depends on what you find most interesting to play. If you want to check class skills or other information you can visit the PWI gamepedia.

​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I feel like saying mystic with db or sin.
    Mystic can provide debuffs and heals if needed. Later on skill damage buff. Endgame they have also very useful glyphs. And then of course they can deal some damage too.
    Sin and db are some high dps classes in pve.

They are all also wanted in endgame squads and pvp.
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I had the best time in pwi when i was in duo with a BM mate and we tryed to conquer this world. I was the heal he the aoe dd tank. If i could reroll time id go for mystic instead of cleric for the pet and the fact that way too many people picked up clerics and squads are overrun with them.

In these days its nice to have a healer but not really necessary. You can say that the 2 classes of every race synergize well with each other and you cant really do wrong combining them in a duo.

My personal favorites would be Duskblade and Stormbringer or Mystic and Seeker

or try something crazy and combine wizzard with archer and kite your prey like a boss

I'd stay away from Assassins, there are incredible good indeed but they will make the one that isn't playing the sin looking weak and less usefull after a certain progress point.

• werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    I tend to dual log a lot and play two charaters at the same time. Most of the time this duo is my barb and veno.

My other sommon duo is sin and bm as the bm is better are pulling and aoes while sin can sneak off and clear the bosses ahead as well as provide pm.

When my sis still played she wanted to be on cleric and wanted me to be on a barb, this can be good as well.

The only real worry though is later on in game getting into the same squads, idealy for this is bm/veno or barb/cleric.
    I'd stay away from Assassins, there are incredible good indeed but they will make the one that isn't playing the sin looking weak and less usefull after a certain progress point.

^^ This I disagree with, any class if played right can be amazing no matter which one you pick. Sins to begin with are really squishy and they do take a while to get really good, during this time the other player's class may shine. However that tends to be the case with any class, start squishy and over time get better.

Note it is also possible for you both to play sins to farm together xD Who said it had to be different classes, but I would advise once sage sin and maybe the other demon sin, or both demon to get gear and items to upgrade your charater.
  • aprilmar
    aprilmar Posts: 0 Arc User
    Me and my friend is returning to PWI and we want to play together. Since it was a while ago we played we don't know how much have changed in the game and wanted to ask you who play the game currently what kind of combination of two classes that would be awesome to play and also why it would be optimal to the current patch. We're planning on leveling together and eventually get into PvP.

Have a nice day!
  • updownleftrighty
    updownleftrighty Posts: 42 Arc User
    duskblade and bm. neither need a healer with bp and the dusk can bp for both. get a high dd toon and a fairly decent dd toon that can debuff to make both hit harder. any instance you cant duo like that cant be done with 2 people :P and both transition nicely to pvp once your done learning how to play them with pve :)
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    pve:
    depends really...

1.) cheap
    if you wanna spend money or not will make or break what classes u need.
    seeker,bm combo . this combo will ensure that you will get a perma fsj,dh,up
    this is the cheap combo. u will only need +10 weap and be useful anywhere. and ensures that u will kill stuff very fast. this combo also dishes a lot of aoe useful in farming stuff. well lunar and fws.
    sage seeker demon bm
    if both are your toons before? maybe veno.
    i said this as these classes get into squads fairly fast than others.

2.) have money to r9 both?
    you can choose what ever but add 1 debuff + 1 dd. ur r9 +12 so u can join anywhere. congratz pwi is ur oyster.

pvp part.
    if you are the number 1 and chose the cheap...
    well you can do few months and get a 3 hits survival rate against r9 people.
    things u need to do to be a 3 hit survivor?
    will take a lot of time to get decent card sets to get ur spirit to 1.9k spirit. (previously even 9 yrs player still have no set in their bags.. kinda involves luck and what not. this new update .. still not sure how much faster you even get atleast all A set.)
    most g16 nub only has about 1.3k-.1.5k spirit with 4-5 cards equipped.
    also need about to spend about 10,20,30 - about 60 war avatar catalyst to even get all 6 war avatars. cost around 30-50 silver depends really.
    u will have problem with refine .
    getting there is the problem.
    +7 is 149m ++ now

if you are number 2..
    you will have no problem coz pwi is your oyster alright. you can level up fast coz you can spend 100lc to level. will only take a week to level to 105... even day.. still not sure how many days faster but the one i saw he took a week to level rb1 100 pill baby to 105x3 rb2. no problem here pwi is p2win ... ur r9+12? u can kill stuff pretty fast mosly g16 nubs on nw. you can also level you starchart pretty fast coz of spend rewards and astral energy level coz you can buy nebula pretty fast.. with your gears pvp is easy . only thing that can kill you is r9 with higher spirit and g17 5th cast people.

happy playing pwi this is the whole summary for it.