How are players getting rich/making money off of keys?

Can someone explain it to me? i have alot of coin tucked away and i want to become one of them. i herd something about gold foil? and i just tried to seek treasures two times and ended up getting worthless lucky coin. is there something im missing? is packs better? also i'd appreciate if we stayed on topic here, this isnt a complain thread. Just a question one. i will be asking other players in game along with the responses (if any) i get here to double and triple check. So thanks in advance everyone.
Tagged:

Comments

• aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    Ultimately it does come down to luck.
    The keys themselves are just pricier packs but the foils are what make them special. Depending how many you can pull doubling your coin becomes something that happens more often than you'd think or maybe was intended. Trying anything two times is unlikely to get you anywhere. I wouldn't suggest investing all your coin into opening keys, banking on getting 'rich' or profiting by it. If you do though, you could end up striking oil so to speak.

In short: foils = profit, the more keys you open the more likely you are to pull them.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    To be completely honest I've won multiple items from keys 2 Crown of madness a Jaden crystal 4 scroll of tome 1 bookless and 50ish matchless wings 2 beads as well.

The way keys work, and packs in the same sense, is simple PWI has a set value for items and putting coin in is a guranteed payout in some sort of item. The issue is this items are not fully worth the value that you lost... Let me provide an example.

Say you are opening keys and are down roughly 600mill the chances of pulling an item worth 600mill is more likely. However this value is a set value by developers so if your down 600mill you can pull a dull dragonic essence (happened 4x to me) that is only worth 200ish mill since the price is less in China. On the sense of keys and packs you will always loose in order to gain and in my honest opinion spending your coin and selling gold and merching is a much better profit than keys or packs are.

Everytime I've won a Crown of madness through keys is after investing 600mill attempting to get a fingerbead (aka 7 opens) missing it and then maybe 20 opens later pulling a crown of madness in the 3rd chest. Since Developers value a Crown of madness at 1bill they think us PWI players are still breaking even. It is all about RNG and honestly not worth it you can make the coin you gain with merching the proper items in all of 2 weeks.
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »
    To be completely honest I've won multiple items from keys 2 Crown of madness a Jaden crystal 4 scroll of tome 1 bookless and 50ish matchless wings 2 beads as well.

The way keys work, and packs in the same sense, is simple PWI has a set value for items and putting coin in is a guranteed payout in some sort of item. The issue is this items are not fully worth the value that you lost... Let me provide an example.

Say you are opening keys and are down roughly 600mill the chances of pulling an item worth 600mill is more likely. However this value is a set value by developers so if your down 600mill you can pull a dull dragonic essence (happened 4x to me) that is only worth 200ish mill since the price is less in China. On the sense of keys and packs you will always loose in order to gain and in my honest opinion spending your coin and selling gold and merching is a much better profit than keys or packs are.

Everytime I've won a Crown of madness through keys is after investing 600mill attempting to get a fingerbead (aka 7 opens) missing it and then maybe 20 opens later pulling a crown of madness in the 3rd chest. Since Developers value a Crown of madness at 1bill they think us PWI players are still breaking even. It is all about RNG and honestly not worth it you can make the coin you gain with merching the proper items in all of 2 weeks.

Thank you for the response. But im going to take merching off the table. Im not going to say why as to avoid the thread going off topic. However i got around 3B saved up and wanted to make it grow and was asking around before i got keys or packs. the 2 here so far says its not worth it and i got some people saying that it is worth it, But didnt give me as much details as here though. I think i understand most of what you are saying, you basically saying that we just break even right? I have a hard time believing that because so many people wouldn't buy keys if they did.
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Not to be mean but the people making lot's of money won't want to share their tactics because it'll just add a new competitor in the marketplace
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • oldrascal
    oldrascal Posts: 21 Arc User
    I understand there is actually an MMO underneath the Vegas Slot Machine y'all have been playing. It might be worth checking out.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Ahh the Golden olden day's, before it morphed into it's choice of what it wanted to be as a adult :)
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    oldrascal wrote: »
    I understand there is actually an MMO underneath the Vegas Slot Machine y'all have been playing. It might be worth checking out.

WHAT??? MADNESS!!!

WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    seriously speaking if you gonna use cash-> keys - there is profit.... .
    if you gonna use coins->keys - slight debatable if you have profit or not...
    its best if you try to use 300 keys....
    and see if you have profit or not... 100 keys is not enough... coz chances are not that good.