How is this still a thing!? RIP StarCharts

blazerboy
blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
Okay seriously!? How is this 50 nebula for 20 sale still a thing!? Literally double the price for absolutely no reason out nowhere and Idek anyone who is even serious about S/C I’m surprised they didn’t double aspira lvl3 pearls at this rate what is this? You can watch the Asian servers and it’s pretty common to see they have 9+ charts why is our version letting this older content become more expensive. I know this is another post about this but this is what the 3-4th time you guys did this!? A lot of the community is upset with this and we are continually ignored :/@kalystconquerer#0876
105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
http://mypers.pw/5/#258958

Comments

• orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Because Lothranis forbid you actually play the game for free without relying on cash shopping.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Because Lothranis forbid you actually play the game for free without relying on cash shopping.

And if everybody does, there is no revenue aka there will be no game.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • blazerboy
    edited January 2018
    You literally can see ppl walking around with 4-5 stat starchart with 20.0 with like 2-3 okay stats like wth is this? Lol a lot of ppl are waiting on the actual sale
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    While we at it lets have another key sale next week!

... >.>
  • orangeitis
    saxroll wrote: »

There are other things to buy.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Gold has spiked to a constant 7-8 mil whereas it was 4 mil previously. So, realistically, its four times more expensive to purchase nebula now than previously, not twice as much.
  • blazerboy
    edited January 2018
    @shopcheese the sad thing is we are almost guaranteed one next month when ppl start getting tax returns gg... @happyhail and this point cashing makes no sense without keysale for most csers can coin amounts even keep up with how high gold inflation is? Ik there’s a lot on the market but hardly anyone even sells gold just try to flip their coins through constant keys
  • bestdusk#2943
    bestdusk#2943 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    My starchart is around 18 apt or so, it's a 5 stat i've been waiting so long for the nebula dust orb at 10g for 50 sale but here we are with a worse sale still. I have no idea why Nebula Dust Orbs got taken away from both primal dailies and an increase in sale price.
  • keihan007#7641

And why shouldnt ppl spend on nebula dusts but on other things? For PWE its all the same what we spend our gold for as long as we keep charging.

• tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Its not about making older content harder to get. This is about nebulas being a popular item in the shop and if enough people spend money on a CS item pwi has to look into the price and correct it if needed to ensure maximum profit.

Its not about the 97% of the persons that would buy 50 for 10 and aint buying any longer its about the 3% that spend tens of thousands of dollars on that stuff and still being ok with paying the double for it. The gap between shoppers and small spenders or god beware free players is getting bigger with every update. And people are ok with that, they still keep playing so they dont mind right ?

• orangeitis

And why shouldnt ppl spend on nebula dusts but on other things? For PWE its all the same what we spend our gold for as long as we keep charging.
    I didn't say people shouldn't. But no one's forcing you to buy anything, that's my point. You have other options. Complaining as if you do not is ridiculous.
  • keihan007#7641

I didn't say people shouldn't. But no one's forcing you to buy anything, that's my point. You have other options. Complaining as if you do not is ridiculous.

The issue here is PWE literally doubling price on old content when generally to keep older titles going older content is made easier/cheaper to get.This backwards thinking will kill the game sooner than later. I know plenty of ppl who need better star charts, who would pay the old price but refuse to pay the new doubled prices. Knowing how common that sentiment is I cant see PWE making a bank with this change - its literally lose-lose situation for everybody.

• orangeitis
    edited January 2018
    I didn't say people shouldn't. But no one's forcing you to buy anything, that's my point. You have other options. Complaining as if you do not is ridiculous.[/quote]
    The issue here is PWE literally doubling price on old content when generally to keep older titles going older content is made easier/cheaper to get.This backwards thinking will kill the game sooner than later. I know plenty of ppl who need better star charts, who would pay the old price but refuse to pay the new doubled prices. Knowing how common that sentiment is I cant see PWE making a bank with this change - its literally lose-lose situation for everybody.
    Oh I agree on the entiment. It's just that it's a cash shop, and the cash shop should only be supplimental. What e need is wasys to do the same thing in-game.
    Post edited by orangeitis on
  • keihan007#7641
    teabagg wrote: »

dude they got cash they have tons of cash man they dont need no cashers no more..fyi.

As you are clearly man of great understanding of business, would you mind explaining to us lesser beings why PWE will keep this game open after it stops making money for them?

• shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User

dude they got cash they have tons of cash man they dont need no cashers no more..fyi.

As you are clearly man of great understanding of business, would you mind explaining to us lesser beings why PWE will keep this game open after it stops making money for them?

Well clearly pwi doesn't understand business. Before the 20g per 50 pricing I used to buy 50 to 100g worth every sale, with current pricing I have bought 0 from every sale with increased pricing. So there might be still a few buying at current high prices but most haven't. Which is more money?

• blazerboy
    edited January 2018
    @shimarra not trying to play bigger E-pen contest but I easily would drop 300-500 gold per nebula orb sales due to it being a great longtime investment (op starcharts can get you close to NP stats) since last 3-4 sales I’ve literally spent 0 on it aswell so yea not sure how in the world is this pricing worth it and ok some who spends x2-4x more on these sales than me some of my friends close to 7 astral energy on multi toons I’m close to 6 but because his new pricing forget that. >.< please put it back @kalystconquerer#0876
  • orangeitis
    shimarra wrote: »

Well clearly pwi doesn't understand business. Before the 20g per 50 pricing I used to buy 50 to 100g worth every sale, with current pricing I have bought 0 from every sale with increased pricing. So there might be still a few buying at current high prices but most haven't. Which is more money?
    Considering that they hire business consultants... yeah, I think their understanding of business is sound.

If they lose money from this, they'll lower the price. If they gain money from this. all the complaining in this thread will be useless.

...it's useless anyway though. There is no precedent for a minimalistic amount of complaints like this actually getting anything done.
  • shimarra
    edited January 2018

Considering that they hire business consultants... yeah, I think their understanding of business is sound.

If they lose money from this, they'll lower the price. If they gain money from this. all the complaining in this thread will be useless.

...it's useless anyway though. There is no precedent for a minimalistic amount of complaints like this actually getting anything done.

That is a false equivalence and so what? Businesses don't always make sound decisions. A lot tend to over value their product and end up flat busted because of it. You have no point. Also a bit of QQ over key sales did change that back.
  • orangeitis
    That is a false equivalence and so what? Businesses don't always make sound decisions. A lot tend to over value their product and end up flat busted because of it. You have no point. Also a bit of QQ over key sales did change that back.
    What is a false equivalence? I didn't compare anything.

Yes, I do have a point. I'm saying that this complaining will not change anything. Prices do sometimes change back, as you pointed out. But it's usually not because of complaints unless the amount of complains is large enough. If the price doesn't work, expect it to change back because PWE examined the data, rather than because they seen people complaining about needing to give them money equivalent to their intended price for things.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Nah. You're assuming that they pull data at all or actually care. How many 180 gold S-chests or 450 gold Twilight Pills do you think they sold? Now, how many would they be projected to sell if the price was reasonable? There's clearly very little analysis that goes on with pricing. As far as I can tell, it's arbitrary and based on China for all the sense it makes.
  • orangeitis
    edited January 2018
    happyhail wrote: »
    Nah. You're assuming that they pull data at all or actually care. How many 180 gold S-chests or 450 gold Twilight Pills do you think they sold? Now, how many would they be projected to sell if the price was reasonable? There's clearly very little analysis that goes on with pricing. As far as I can tell, it's arbitrary and based on China for all the sense it makes.
    Oh they data pull, but if it is indeed as dumb of a move as some people in this thread claim, it is most likely that the 'they' is China. After all, PWE must price things according to China's guidelines.
  • blazerboy
    @happyhail I think kaly once said they price based on china currency conversion to USD doesn’t really explain why everything for us is 5x more expensive. Perhaps @asterelle can shed more light on that perspective
  • shimarra

Yes, I do have a point. I'm saying that this complaining will not change anything. Prices do sometimes change back, as you pointed out. But it's usually not because of complaints unless the amount of complains is large enough. If the price doesn't work, expect it to change back because PWE examined the data, rather than because they seen people complaining about needing to give them money equivalent to their intended price for things.

Hiring consultants =/= sound business practice.

• orangeitis

Hiring consultants =/= sound business practice.
    You're right. The consultants have to have the proper credentials. who's to say on this forum if they do or not?
  • keihan007#7641
    You're right. The consultants have to have the proper credentials. who's to say on this forum if they do or not?

You completely missed the point, even the worlds leading experts in marketing could make idiotic mistakes, less likely than the rest of us but not impossible. And the marketing strategy for this game has been idiotic - its crazy we survived this long when company has only ever been interested in short term profits.

• orangeitis

You completely missed the point, even the worlds leading experts in marketing could make idiotic mistakes, less likely than the rest of us but not impossible. And the marketing strategy for this game has been idiotic - its crazy we survived this long when company has only ever been interested in short term profits.
    No, I didn't miss the point. Yes, even the proest of professionals can make mistakes. That's completely irrelevant to MY point. and you've just pointed out my point in your own post: The company has survived for as long as it did. Usually, when companies survive, they're usually doing something right. Since Prfect World has survived for so long, maybe their staff and consultants actually do know what they're doing.

Or this world is operating under a completely different set of rules than I can recognize. I don't know.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Where is the money?. New investments, new development* other titles ect... they most likely made there money long long ago in the prime of Pw's life cycle. Reason it's still around.. humm, it has it's companies name, probally gives it more legs then it otherwise would. I see all that money flowing in...bug fixes every week, patches that do more then a line of text fix, ya get the drift if you watch it all. Oh, and I forgot..few years ago they went with regional expansions, Base income guarantee, put some upkeep issues onto localized regional partner's laps... and more:D
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    funny they say no revenue... when every other day there is a spend reward and people actually buy gold... i think its time to get more content in the game rather than content in your pockets pwi...
  • orangeitis
    wettstyle wrote: »
    Where is the money?. New investments, new development* other titles ect... they most likely made there money long long ago in the prime of Pw's life cycle. Reason it's still around.. humm, it has it's companies name, probally gives it more legs then it otherwise would. I see all that money flowing in...bug fixes every week, patches that do more then a line of text fix, ya get the drift if you watch it all. Oh, and I forgot..few years ago they went with regional expansions, Base income guarantee, put some upkeep issues onto localized regional partner's laps... and more:D
    Yeah, bug fixes every week on a game(any game) that's ported over from China will not be happening, save for text-based bugs or bugs that happen with version-exclusive content. I'm sure PWCN gets bug fixes every week, but every update we get are bundles containing all updates China got in the past 6ish months. Weekly updates are expecting too much considering that.