Merge all servers

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    shapoopi wrote: »
    Merge is coming soon or pwi will die...
    for those who says Xnw will not be able to work why you need Xnw when you merge all servers and make 2 or 3 NW in that 1 server with different timing...

Xtw will still work it has nothing to do with servers its faction VS faction

TW will be more fun and will not be limited to 1 or 2 factions on map.

arena will still work
    so everything is fine its just the GM's and those moderators who keep on saying its impossible to do a full merge like they used to say about the last merge.
    merge servers or u dying soon

I dont think its impossible, In fact its mostly possibly how PWI will spend its last few years.

XTW / XNW will not work with out 4 servers. They are hard coded to run with 4 servers. And I see no reason to run XTW / XNW if you only have 1 server. NW and TW will work.

Arena again ive not looked at this before but since its an X Server Event odds are its hard coded.

Lastly. I dont think PWI is in a position to worry about this at the moment. 1 Server will not be the answer also due to different time Zones. You can argue move the events time and ill say you cant its hard coded. 2 Servers EU n US is most likely how we will see our days. PWI is not in a position like many other PWE titles so really I would not worry keep playing and support the game.

#LongLivePWI​​
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    shapoopi wrote: »
    Merge is coming soon or pwi will die...
    for those who says Xnw will not be able to work why you need Xnw when you merge all servers and make 2 or 3 NW in that 1 server with different timing...

Xtw will still work it has nothing to do with servers its faction VS faction

TW will be more fun and will not be limited to 1 or 2 factions on map.

arena will still work
    so everything is fine its just the GM's and those moderators who keep on saying its impossible to do a full merge like they used to say about the last merge.
    merge servers or u dying soon

I dont think its impossible, In fact its mostly possibly how PWI will spend its last few years.

XTW / XNW will not work with out 4 servers. They are hard coded to run with 4 servers. And I see no reason to run XTW / XNW if you only have 1 server. NW and TW will work.

Arena again ive not looked at this before but since its an X Server Event odds are its hard coded.

Lastly. I dont think PWI is in a position to worry about this at the moment. 1 Server will not be the answer also due to different time Zones. You can argue move the events time and ill say you cant its hard coded. 2 Servers EU n US is most likely how we will see our days. PWI is not in a position like many other PWE titles so really I would not worry keep playing and support the game.

#LongLivePWI​​

well if pwi is ok with making it NW and TW i am ok and most of the players who have been asking for merge will be ok with that.
    nothing impossible they used to say merging servers is impossible and the database BS and look where we are now we did merge and everything went smooth.
    arena wont be hard to do since its on a different server so yeah its squad basis not server basis.

if this is not something pwi need to worry about i dont know what else they should be worried about new expansion ? for whom ? they wont find many players to give them new expansion

as the other person said Xnw last night was just a shock, the number of players droped really bad so yeah if those Gm's/Dev dont wake up soon to merge servers i can assure them some will be losing their jobs soon.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    A lot of people go away on vacation or visit family during this time of the year, so seeing lower numbers during cross server Nation Wars is not shocking to me. I expect numbers to drop even more next weekend since it will be Christmas Eve for a lot of players.

Another server merge won't save this game. It will make the game more active for a few months and then it will start declining again. The number of new or returning players won't really increase, but instead a lot of players will quit due to being forced into a different timezone.

This game needs a new engine, better ways for low level players to farm coins, more farm-able options for free-to-play players, making old content easier to obtain, fixing the economy and having version-specific changes instead of getting whatever CN throws at us. However, none of these things will probably happen. I've personally accepted that this is an old, declining game that will come to an end at some point.

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    You cant Base player numbers on XNW numbers for each sever.

Also the time of year and any events going on at this point in time IE people getting ready for the Holidays Shopping ETC.

From my faction for XNW last night I know only 50% of the 50~60 online players went to NW as they have no need to attend or its the wrong time for them to do so. Let alone the people in WC setting up JFSP n DFSP, WS ETC. So XNW numbers are not really a tell tale for server numbers.

Im sure your aware of another PWE title shutting its servers next month. PWE actively monitor server / player numbers and from what ive been told and seen. PWI has one of the most active community's compared to a lot of the other games.

XNW and XTW rewards need looking at really. XTW rewards are really bad once you have both the dragons your tokens are not really useful if you dont need charms. Same to an extent with XNW tokens unless you sell them.

Like Ive said Time will tell

#LongLivePWI​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I think if they do a US and a N.A. server it would be nice yes but they would have to try hard to reach out to old players as it stands the EU make up the majority on most servers atleast from what I seen on DA TT and ET I don’t know about tides with that being said they need to just give ppl g17 because there are ppl already abusing the heck out of arena may aswell give it free to give new players a means to catch up similar to how they give some ppl full Jsod Wells ability too. Game has moved to the direction who has the most Alts if u ask me
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    sontzu wrote: »
    *numerous wise words*
    ​​

This ^

and @ailiadrake g16 is fine for pve stuff, but for competitive pvp r9 is pretty much a minimum requirement these days.

For a new player to have a minimum requirement that is so expensive/time consuming to farm must be very discouraging; surely it's better for us to have more people playing, and better for pwi to have more people buying packs to try and put the finishing touches to their gear? (well I say finishing touches, but realistically it's probably 5-10x more expensive than base r9 at least)

I don't think that spending an hour each day, for, let's say, a month or two (maybe even go down to a week or two for a single piece), is expensive or time consuming if the instance/quest/whatever is build for people with g15/g16. People with enough drive will farm it, people with no patience at all will turn to the cash shop to speed things up. PWI would still get its share this way, but at the same time r9 will be accessible to everyone.

And after getting basic r9, they can turn to the packs, like you said.
  • kasumi19
    kasumi19 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Little Confuse is the game dieing of it is Alive an kicking ..Why should i come here Bring hopeful half my Legions to here to play if there few players about as one player stated above there just around 30 players on ...

Another main Problem i am facing right now is trying to Download perfectworld everytime i click on it to download disn't work at all as for sending in a ticket over the Problem no flipping way i waiting for a few weeks for a reply from PWI ...

So i now info all the Legion to go play in china .. An bye the way these player live all over the world but perfer to play on the west servers ...

As fir the Hard core Zenner players who can spend Money an care little about it few years ago i was one who could not pay much online let say i was poor heheheh today i can buy the server ...Last night i was talk into buying bitcoins ..

I look at it in a diff way to most ..If i go to the Movies i pay so why not surport the game the same way ...

At 26 now Maybe i getting to old to play game ..

I will try a little later if i can not download this game i will start downloading Perfectworld in china ...Thay just a few hours behind Osaka ..Japan

Yours Kasumi
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Be cool if we could PK against Dawnglory. Not like they'd ever PK somewhere that's not with 1 foot in safezone. (Nice Silver Pool PK bruhz)
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Be cool if we could PK against Dawnglory. Not like they'd ever PK somewhere that's not with 1 foot in safezone. (Nice Silver Pool PK bruhz)

yea i am willing to see how fast you'll go emo after getting into some vortex cast from a flyer​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »

That's unfair to say tho..because before the Merge...Morai people ALWAYS PvPed at west..which is 12723282437892646723283x times better. HL people have introduced that Silver Pool nonsense..mainly a sin from a certain faction. The closer the SZ, the better (for him!).
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    game wont survive next year. saying otherwise and ignoring xNW numbers is just denial.
    arena dead, xnw dead, xtw relatively dead, tw dead, sins broken, goldprice at 7mil, no decent farming grounds, no challenging content, useless customer support, inactive CM/GMs.

go all in on your coins, merchants! make your last year a fun one.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    @jsxshadow this is completely unfair to keep pointing fingers. As it stands the server is currently mostly former Morai. Do you know why pvp at silverpool is a thing? Newsflash MOST OF THE SERVER AFK THERE. If the majority of ppl agreed just afk at west or the west wall up there then it will be easy to get west pk going. The majority left afking at sp are ex Morai ppl yet still blame former HL ppl? Seriously? Go afk at West.... The servers been merged for what 2yrs and its mostly Morai and it’s still old HL fault for what the server is allowing to happen? No it’s completely fair what @dingo488 said the sever as a whole chose to allow this not forme anything. HL May have started it but 2yrs later former Morai and HL is keeping that stupid pvp area alive -_-
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • winterchill#8418
    winterchill#8418 Posts: 10 Arc User
    @Heero200 Lets be honest, people leave coz noone wants to play with this lags, even people count exceed over 20, it starts to lag like hell in mass pvp. What PWCN says about that, im just curious. Do they play to do something about it, besides adding more useless content, that doesnt help performance?
  • heerohex#3018
    edited December 2017
    rennexe wrote: »
    @Heero200 Lets be honest, people leave coz noone wants to play with this lags, even people count exceed over 20, it starts to lag like hell in mass pvp. What PWCN says about that, im just curious. Do they play to do something about it, besides adding more useless content, that doesnt help performance?

People come and go from MMOs for many reasons. Lag Is choosing the right server. I know many players are in a position where they are on a wrong server for Times / Locations and thats down to MANY reasons.
    The reason PWI and PWE struggles with this is because PWCN our Base for the game does not suffer the same time zone problems. Is not an issue their so does not get the attention needed for our version.

The plan was to upgrade the old outdated Game Engine which would resolve a few issues. However we dont have any info on this in any way and im not really able to speculate like I was before. We seen videos/interviews that suggests its a real thing but NOT a yes or no from any official source.

Ill do what I can from this angle to support the game, Just keep in mind my limitations please.

I know its nothing of great value, But it is something that has been noted as an issue. When that happens things do get looked at.

If their is anything I can help with you can tag me in and ill pick up on it. Tho I cant reply straight away ill do my best with my limitations to answer.

Thanks.

Heero.​​
  • winterchill#8418
    winterchill#8418 Posts: 10 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    rennexe wrote: »

People come and go from MMOs for many reasons. Lag Is choosing the right server. I know many players are in a position where they are on a wrong server for Times / Locations and thats down to MANY reasons.
    The reason PWI and PWE struggles with this is because PWCN our Base for the game does not suffer the same time zone problems. Is not an issue their so does not get the attention needed for our version.

The plan was to upgrade the old outdated Game Engine which would resolve a few issues. However we dont have any info on this in any way and im not really able to speculate like I was before. We seen videos/interviews that suggests its a real thing but NOT a yes or no from any official source.

Ill do what I can from this angle to support the game, Just keep in mind my limitations please.

I know its nothing of great value, But it is something that has been noted as an issue. When that happens things do get looked at.

If their is anything I can help with you can tag me in and ill pick up on it. Tho I cant reply straight away ill do my best with my limitations to answer.

Thanks.

Heero.​​

Cheers, i hope they come up with some sort of solution before this game becomes a ghost town or PvP/PK events will be completely empty, just because noone wants to play with such incredible lags.

• cashoper#6962
    cashoper#6962 Posts: 13 Arc User
    this game is dying :( im sad, i invest time and effort in my main :(
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    This game has been dieing since 2009.

Kinda like Obamacare.
  • tabaloul
    game needs 2 major things, to be recoded to support multithreading, and allow buying and selling of items\characters for real money
    china already has the second one.... change this 2 things and pwi will come back strong​​
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    kyoske wrote: »
    @heero200 personally i think one of pwi greatest mistake is only catering for pvp, most of the issues with the server merge were related to pvp events, but when last has pwi released anything that caters to just pve. Now people will jump on and mention new instances like UP and DHD and they will also mention neverfall, but lets take a look at the newer instances, the only reason why some people even get to join squads is because they are needed for nuke, otherwise they wouldn't be seen. If you are under nv3 or lets say you're nv3 and everything else about you suck, i would tell you to avoid neverfall. I feel sorry for any upcoming player who has to go through that ts6 cave its annoying as hell. PVE shouldn't be easy but it shouldn't cater towards OP people alone. Now im not saying that the game wont one day die, but in my opinion i think PWI playerbase are the most hopeful set of people i know, because once in a while everyone checks back to see if things have changed.

I used to solo DDH and JDH dice and it would keep me busy for a good 2 hours if I had a bad board. When they removed that they killed PvE for me as everything now is just 5/6 people and within 20mins any instance is done and nuked. There is no real PvE farm or challenge. DUP gets nuked. QSM gets nuked.

Yes it saves a lot of time and makes mat gain quicker but for what reason. Look at the G17 weapons for example. You can just cash charge onto alts and level the homestead and youll save on hundreds of instance runs to get the G17 mats. Even though you cant buy the mats directly, you can get them in spend promos etc and with the ability to buy high homestead on many alts and get many Sigils everyday, there seems to be no real farming element to it other than the skulls.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    But to be able to compete in pvp ya cant be anything but all jacked in!. And there is no fun pve for advanced tier players. Seem's to be a problem here. How to have a game that has a game for like 3 tiers of gameplay. Beginner, average and advanced. All 3 Tiers should have Pvp events, ect..
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    wettstyle wrote: »
    But to be able to compete in pvp ya cant be anything but all jacked in!. And there is no fun pve for advanced tier players. Seem's to be a problem here. How to have a game that has a game for like 3 tiers of gameplay. Beginner, average and advanced. All 3 Tiers should have Pvp events, ect..

You'd be surprised, but there are some people out there that are advanced and still find pve fun (and don't like pvp)
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I think a lot of people are feeling it's time to move on, I haven't really logged in since setting up my virtual reality game room. IDK yet if that will get old (though funny thing is that the entire room is probably cheaper than playing PWI at endgame pvp levels for most people).

Playing a game like PWI nowadays feels so dated...it's nice to work for something for a long time and see the payoff, but PWI operates in a way where the things you work towards aren't reliable...so most people's massive investments in time/money are completely wasted.

Would I still be here if they had kept their NP charge promos and consistent sale prices and were able to maintain a stable server? If they could manage their gold prices and sale items at a basic high school level? Probably, but we can't expect PWI to suddenly change how they operate after years of doing the same old thing. PWI will do what it wants, and whoever remains captive to them prefer the shoddy, "hardcore 1999" service that way and don't want to change anyway, so in the end it's still all good.

I don't expect PWI to die anytime soon still. People will come back, endgamers will continue to spend, servers will continue to lag/go down, and PWI will find new ways to **** their loyal customers, for at least the 4-5 years, maybe even longer.
  • tabaloul
    PWI title needs to be sold to a firm that actually can take care of it, game still has a lot of potential but it's so neglected by the current firm managing it (PWE) it's unbelieveable​​
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    Make it look more modern and more new players would be interested.
    Graphics are not everything. New, from-scratch players have such an immense catch-up to do to the current top or even sub-top, that it's not even funny. You'd need to drop in excess of $1000 in the game to even get to that level. Not to mention spend probably a full year on farming xp and vit...

As for the XNW attendance. Dawnglory XNW and XTW times -suck- for people who have lives. It falls at just past 8PM. On a XMas or NY eve that means the bulk of the playerbase isn't going to attend. Dawnglory XTW times also conflict with regular TW so... we're at a disadvantage there too.

PWI is a great game concept wise. Some balancing issues (sin and dusk broken in smallscale pvp), but the pay-to-win levels have gone completely berserk. I could not recommend this game to new players who are interested in pvp.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Honestly, The game just need's to give more Event's like Tw ect, access to the average players. Where is the fun, where is the motivation for competing guild's to extend there hands out to the average char? When those player's are just cannon fodder! Same elite player's getting all the rewards, farming 10 to 1 ratio in Bh's with Nuke squads, further extending the gap in game every day. Could be to late to corral the madness, and it might not be to late, depends on the God's!. The golden carrot of End game or get out to get people to pay cash, has depleted the server's big time. The farm for 3 year's to compete and still be a non factor is taking it's toll. Ya have to give those on there way to end game some fun, competition with other's in there tier, or well look around and see the consequences.

This discussion has been closed.