Merge all servers

Comments

• arigatormrroboto
    arigatormrroboto Posts: 15 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Think best is dwindle two server with a one time option of server change stone for free after that 100 USD per change. One US server and one EU server open the account selling npc to our version. China’s game is actually popular with a playerbase that completely dwarfs ours with most playing on their respective times and legal toon selling while our is struggling with ping,timezone issues and banned sold accounts. I don’t think it’s hard to see what should be done

China allows toon selling. Our TOS doesn't. Why? Because we don't actually OWN our accounts. It's a common TOS legal loophole with many many sites. You can't sell what you don't own, right?

The size of China. The size of USA. I'm not surprised. I'd like to see what they're doing with this supposed graphics overhaul for the game and stuff. Make it look more modern and more new players would be interested. Look at the kind of graphics we are competing with here.

@nunator; More than that are running UPD and DHD. We're just filling the squads within our factions instead of getting randoms from World Chat. Join a high-power guild and you'll find runs.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    @nunator; More than that are running UPD and DHD. We're just filling the squads within our factions instead of getting randoms from World Chat. Join a high-power guild and you'll find runs.

Thing is, not everyone likes to join big factions (and mostly, join them just to access UP or DH). I can understand that random parties can be a huge issue a lot of the times, but people that are in small factions )or not in one) shouldn't be penalized because of that.

I think that the big issue here are the keys, the 10 man party requisite (at least in UP), and people not having enough patience to do non-nuke runs so that a g16 toons with decent refines/shards/passives can join.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    happyhail wrote: »
    How about we let all the former Harshlands players who were forced onto a Euro server migrate back to the US? You know, so that events don't take place at 2 in the afternoon when we're all at work. It would be nice to attend an event for the first time in over two years. Id would be nice to have a ping under 450ms again.
    You cant complain about ping because european players have the same ping as you while doing xtw, xnw or arena. And noone cares about it.

2 hours per week for xtw or 166 hours per week for normal play. Yeah. Definitely equal.

lol

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »
    xServer dungeons is badly needed I would personally like to run DUP but, there are legit 1-2 squads on Twilight temple that don't know how to solo it and skulls are running at 500mill+ each...

Fixed typo for you

• iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    @heero200 we form bh everyday... i dont think.. people are coming back.. before the whole fs nerf updates (expansion) u might call it. ..we form squads during reset. and squads get filled up pretty fast. like u just literally just need 1 tele to form. and there are 3 people forming it @ the same time.. now...4 months later when you form @reset. it feels like a ghost town. im pretty sure the silent wc is a sign of players returning. or might as well be just the tele cost are pretty expensive. .. what ever the devs are doing.. they are prolly doing it wrong. idk ..but games should not be silent on any time of the day.
    my only goal is to just make squads get form faster. and just basically stabilize the whole market. THE more players there is the more competitive the price of stuff will be. Everything will be easier with more people around. than a server that feels like there is only 30 people playing.
  • ailiadrake
    sontzu wrote: »
    Too many dailies, too big a gear gap.

Another server merge wouldn't help beyond making it look busy until more people quit.

It is kinda confusing how we are told that we have problems because pwi make the game focussing on the pwcn playerbase,
    and yet pwe is clearly focussed on the heavy cashers.
    Those two conditions are mutually exclusive, so someone is not being completely honest.

I'm a minor league casher, I cash because I don't have time to farm, because I have to work for a living. Frankly I put more in than I can really afford, but even so, there's one radical idea I'd support, to try and re-invigorate the game.

Make r9 easily farmable, and by easily, I really mean EASY.

Easy like a simple questline that takes no more than, say, a month to complete, if you play a couple of hours a day.

Leave the smaller "edges" as cash/pack items like big tome, CoM, NP set, +12, top shards, 15-20AP, fine.

As it is, a new player looks at end game gear and says "5 years of farming, to get gears that'll be out of date by the time I get them? No ty, bye-bye"

And for goodness sakes, levelling nuemas and sky levels? I mean, good grief... the time that takes for players that have a life is just silly.

Gear should never have been a big cash item. Fash, flyers, mounts, by all means, spam those like a Marketing Consultant,
    but making a cash-based gear gap was always going to be ultimately self defeating, since with that business model you have to constantly move the target further away from your entry-level customers.

For all those who will QQ like crazy " I spent good money on my r9 and you want to give it away? " well so did I. But what good will it do you to have your precious r9 if you're on a dead server, with only your own alts to play with?

As I see it, gear gap and the ludicrous amount of dailies required are the 2 reasons why this game is dying.

It can be remedied, it just requires the senior management to care enough to make the hard decisions.

NootNoot!

I agree with your idea, but only in part.
    Yes to farmable r9 mats, but it shouldn't be THAT easy.

Considering that r9 is the best gear in the game, it should be a challenge where you put time and effort in it (with the option of speeding it up through cash shop). Not to the point of spending a year or more on it, but also not where you do something for a month and you have your r9.

Maybe a way inbetween?

But the problem here is the management/devs/whoever takes this kind of decision. I'm pretty sure hell will freeze over a couple of times before they even consider this kind of idea.
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    @sontzu i agree too with the farming aspect of it i also agree with @ailiadrake that it shouldnt be easy. I personally believe we need to revisit the time vs money concepts. i wouldnt mind farming 1pc or r9 gear per month or 2months if it was possible. The problem is pwi has completely nerf farming and they keep adding coin sinks too. I think @nunuator once said to add an npc we could sell our mats too, i support that idea. I would still support the idea of a solo version of UP, FSJ and DH make it hard but not impossible for any decent nv3. At the moment farming in pwi isnt so reliable.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @arigatormrroboto the reason the game is active in china is due to the legal toon selling toons don’t just quit and disappear they circulate and aren’t banned out of the blue. But why do Chinese own their accounts and we don’t? That’s a weak arguement as to why they can sell toons and we can’t X.X it’s not population the game actually gets attention and care while this version Pwi has become the red headed neglected stepchild imo
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ailiadrake
    Here's another idea regarding the dailies for vitae.

Why not add it to BH rewards too?
    And I don't mean a 100 vitae pill, but something that will makes people think "this is enough for today. I can jump the dailies and do something else"
  • happyhail
    Coin needs to be pulled out of the market in massive quantities, not added. Any NPC that is added would need to either a) pay in gold and not coin or b) exchange coin for valuable / useful items at a useful/reasonable/appropriate rate.

As for the argument of "I paid for [insert item here] why do you get it for free / cheaper?" A) Because that's how games work over time. Things have to get cheaper as more and more content is added or it becomes an impossible hurdle to overcome (ie: what has happened now) and B) Don't forget about those of us who basically farmed our MOG from DQ points.
  • mrfrans#1017
    mrfrans#1017 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    First is time zone. Someone will gather a group of 16 PM, and someone will not be able to gather a group at 3am. Secondly, we will lose many server-to-server events. It is not interesting((( But online of course falls markedly. Can be to introduce additional parties? Marathons? More PVP content? To do interviews of players lacking game? And based on that to think what to do next. And since I have a lot of time played on the Chinese servers and Russian. There is not have live pvp, namely to remove the switch mode PC. Will batches, there will be battles in every corner of the world. I think it's interesting. Please PC mode and remove the toggle button.
  • ailiadrake
    @aliadrake and @kyoske

R9 is the best gear in the game? Hmmm... let's look at that.
    Get full r9 and refine it all to +7. Add grade 10 gems. Go NW, xNW, TW, xTW, JDH, DUP, TNF, Coliseum.
    Are you OP and conquering all? No, you are a 1-shot to almost everyone you meet.

R9 is only a part of the picture; it's worthless on its own, only becoming competitive once you get it to 3rd cast, 4th for wep if you're p-atk.
    Ok, so now you have full r9r3 with r4 wep, and woohoo, you farmed +10 refines and level 12 gems. Are you now OP? Nope.Now you are 1-shot to maybe half the people you meet.

Why?

Because oooops, you don't have maxed nuemas, sky level, primal passives. On top of that, you don't have a good tome or neck or cape or helm yet. Oh, and where is your starchart? What about a card set?

Feel free to insert reasonable farming timeframes in between my arbitrary gear levels here.

Ok, now you have full r9r3-4, you got lucky, bought 3 packs; 1 gave you CoM, the second SoT, the third WoA, wow you're gonna be so OP now.
    Oh noes, you still get 1-shot so damn much, wth?!?

Ah, forgot starchart, ok. Get starchart to 15AP with 8 stats, 6 of them useful ones. By now maybe you got a card set? Is it NP?
    LOL no way. How good is you luck? Aba set? Morai? Oooh, maybe even Warsong! Now you will destroy all before you.
    Errrrrr, nope.

OMG! How am I still not OP? I spent soooo much time farming this ****!!!

Well, you forgot the people with 20AP 10 stat charts, ra/b NP sets, g17 purge/untarget weps, g17 coliseum ring, NW r9 ring and belt upgrades, 4 sockets on each accessory with top shards, NW upgraded g16 neck, I mean I could go on, but surely you're getting my point by now?

R9 gears are a very small first step. They used to be the OP endgame pwn-all gears, but power-creep has done for them what it did for NV, r8, and tt99 before them.

Woah woah, calm down. Gee... no need to get your cookies burned up!

I was talking about gear, and gear alone. Of course you're still oneshot even with r9.3 if you don't have all that other stuff added.

Still, you can't deny that r9 is still the best compared to the other gear. Making it farmable as easy as you want would just make it... hmmm... how to say... "not as special"? I'm not sure how to say it here. It'd feel like no real achievement.

So, yes to farmable. No to being it THAT easy.

It'd have to be something someone puts some effort into it, rather than being "another daily you do with half a thought" (but at the same time, not as stupidly hard, repetitive and tiring as that littlefoot daily event).

Considering we're talking about r9 here, there should be a balance between easily obtainable and challenging for those who really want it.

• cucujanu
    cucujanu Posts: 34 Arc User
    even tho I agree about R9 being farmable, its never gonna happen.
    Its still one of the biggest cashcow for pwi. Just look at all the people going nuts when there is chips and mogs on sale.
  • happyhail
    I just wanted to make the point that "giving" people R9 with an easily do-able quest wouldn't flood the server with OP toons.

There are so many other things needed, imo all it would do is make competitiveness slightly more attainable for new players.

Elite gears would still be as far away as the moon, but it would make it so that being able to do high level pvp is a possibility without throwing $2-3k at the game or spending 5+ years farming it.

They still would need to spend either cash or lots of time farming to reach elite levels, but at least it would only be millions of miles away instead of light-years :/

Agreed. PWI would also make money to compensate for any 'losses' by generating profit in other ways. Once existing characters obtain r9, they will then invest money for the other parts of the equation. This is even more likely from existing players who already feel the sunk costs of this game and haven't left yet. If they geared one character with all the accouterments, they're likely to do so for an alt as well, especially if it can pass the first barrier for entry. Lower-geared characters that have somehow persisted using G16 and other gear for all these years are likely to make the jump as well. It looks like a threat to their bottom line, so it will likely never happen, but its a trade-off for longevity and alternative earnings.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    in an era where bitcoins reach 300bil$ marketcap, pwi refuse to make his pixels get sold for real money.
    says enough about how good the manager is doing in here​​
  • kyoske
    @sontzu you know i always had a problem with people who complain about spirit and sky levels. You see im a time vs money type of guy, but not everything has to be bought. You made reference to people who get gear but still die, because they lack everything else, im now going to ask, what about those people who have done pve to the point where they have maxed everything if not most, did so much fsp that they manage to get a A card set and no not abbadon, but morai set, completed their passives, meridian, nuema and did enough pve to have most of the neverfall skills. Basically im saying what about people like me.
    Truth be told i don't consider myself lazy, i just need some direction, if i know how to get somewhere im going to get there. When the new sky levels came out i was one of the first to hit TS10, which maybe because i had those vitae pills and the buffs saved up, but i still worked hard everyday to keep up spirit wise. Truth be told ignoring the whole r9 thing. I just believe that f2p persons like me need more pve farming content, or as i suggested a solo and worthwhile version of all instances.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I agree with sontzu!!. Could bring back player's, motivate other's who are hanging on barely , Help farming for End game items , put more people in the mix, and still The most expensive aspect's are still ahead of them. Could be a great way to get the heart of the game Pumping again. Ya got to see that alot of people r just plain Farmed out, and can tolerate only so much....
  • kyoske
    @sontzu if you read though my post you would see where i was more pushing for more pve content or new ways to farm. this is my current setup https://mypers.pw/13/#696067 personally i think as a f2p player ive done okay, but no where near good enough, im not really asking for freebies, but a way to get there.
  • cashoper#6962
    cashoper#6962 Posts: 13 Arc User
    merge all server or making all server pvp is a good idea. i see no people playing on other server. this game is dying. gear gap is too much. no chance for a new player to play the game. i only see old people in the game, others quit too because they are bored. but i see, thousand of alt botting player loggin in and out the jolly old jones. wtf.
  • kasumi19
    kasumi19 Posts: 17 Arc User
    I am from War of the Immortal now we need to fine a new game to play as we been info sadly we are closing the server down ...So many will exit to china Server to play the game or Private servers that live in the stoneage ...I have a faction many asking where I be playing ..I play Percentworld in Maysia When it first came out with many English players around the world when PWI open up only a few came over ..An then Battle of the inmortal was new an then we made up our mind to play on PWI ...

Last night downloaded Jade that game so sucks an forsaken as well ...

As we been info we going to be back dated to sept 1th in Arc credit that's kool for zenner a lot ...Like myself it be harder for these who are not ...I had a faction Largest on WOI now we need to fine a new game to play an likely be here

Or else I end up in china with everyone else .PWI Never surported the game Last GM exit in mid 2014 when PWI starting to Lie to everyone about a update that never happen ...

SO I WISH TO KNOW HOW MANY PLAYERS L ARE LEFT ON PERFECTWORLD TODAY PLEASE >>>I BE DOWNLOADING PW TOMORROW NIGHT ..we been exchanging email address now so the Legion end up on another game from start off ...5 legions

A lot of Players around 10 percent are hard core zenners

Yours KASUMI
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    kasumi19 wrote: »
    I am from War of the Immortal now we need to fine a new game to play as we been info sadly we are closing the server down ...So many will exit to china Server to play the game or Private servers that live in the stoneage ...I have a faction many asking where I be playing ..I play Percentworld in Maysia When it first came out with many English players around the world when PWI open up only a few came over ..An then Battle of the inmortal was new an then we made up our mind to play on PWI ...

Last night downloaded Jade that game so sucks an forsaken as well ...

As we been info we going to be back dated to sept 1th in Arc credit that's kool for zenner a lot ...Like myself it be harder for these who are not ...I had a faction Largest on WOI now we need to fine a new game to play an likely be here

Or else I end up in china with everyone else .PWI Never surported the game Last GM exit in mid 2014 when PWI starting to Lie to everyone about a update that never happen ...

SO I WISH TO KNOW HOW MANY PLAYERS L ARE LEFT ON PERFECTWORLD TODAY PLEASE >>>I BE DOWNLOADING PW TOMORROW NIGHT ..we been exchanging email address now so the Legion end up on another game from start off ...5 legions

A lot of Players around 10 percent are hard core zenners

Yours KASUMI

Thats impossible question to answer as they dont give public numbers of their active playerbase out. But I`d say there might be up to 1k unique players logging each day on each server - I know lot of ppl will consider my estimation likely too optimistic, which it might be. But PWI is one of the more popular PWE titles so there is that and I cant see this one closing in the next 2 years.

BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • kasumi19
    kasumi19 Posts: 17 Arc User
    SAXROLL Wot server are u playing on may i ask ..........An the video show many players i see playing the game it a good sign the game still alive ..So gimmie the server u on an i post it up in the Faction Message .....
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    Merge is coming soon or pwi will die...
    for those who says Xnw will not be able to work why you need Xnw when you merge all servers and make 2 or 3 NW in that 1 server with different timing...

Xtw will still work it has nothing to do with servers its faction VS faction

TW will be more fun and will not be limited to 1 or 2 factions on map.

arena will still work
    so everything is fine its just the GM's and those moderators who keep on saying its impossible to do a full merge like they used to say about the last merge.
    merge servers or u dying soon
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    If they merge servers the game probably will stabilize in terms of price but I would only be curious how will we do with all that coin on one server.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ailiadrake
    I just wanted to make the point that "giving" people R9 with an easily do-able quest wouldn't flood the server with OP toons.

There are so many other things needed, imo all it would do is make competitiveness slightly more attainable for new players.

Elite gears would still be as far away as the moon, but it would make it so that being able to do high level pvp is a possibility without throwing $2-3k at the game or spending 5+ years farming it.

They still would need to spend either cash or lots of time farming to reach elite levels, but at least it would only be millions of miles away instead of light-years :/

Well, ok, I can see why you said that, and I agree it should be something doable.
    But at the same time it should have a minor challenge that even a newly equipped g15/g16 could do in a hour each day. Maybe an instance like lunar with a quest rater than crappy drops?

Well, whatever it is, I think that the mats should be character bound. Can't have an already r9 toon go farm for a pill baby.
  • eranp
    eranp Posts: 10 Arc User
    I think everyone waiting for it.

Personally, i'm endgears on dawnglory. I log only for xtw / xnw. There is no more challenge since one years+

My FL begins to empty, even the big factions become inactive :/

Yesterday in xnw we did see that the player population is seriously starting to fall…

The players who keep playing wonders why pwi let the game die like that. Without be bad, next expension will not change anything, there is nothing extraordinary that will happen.

Timezone isn't a big problem, xtw / xnw working good.

So… @kalystconquerer#0876 can we hope a merge ?
This discussion has been closed.