Merge all servers

kyoske
kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
Im honestly surprised at how dead TT wc is. is it because of the penalties on teles or is it just that no one plays anymore. so im thinking since there is nothing left to do pve wise to keep players and pvp seems to be a scheduled activity, why not merge all the servers. Those events that people would complain about just increase the amount of times they happen per week. For those pvp elites who would complain about a pve server, all you need to do is make some events especially rw pvp only.( once you're in a participating faction you are switched to pk mode for the hr), no rw rewards if they hide in sz. In my opinion everything would work itself out. OR revitalize pve. I think this game would get a lot more lively if pvp wasnt the only thing to do.

Comments

• nathulos
    nathulos Posts: 10 Arc User
    Let's not and say we did, eh?
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Merge the servers for scheduled PK activities? Why? So we can have TW at 2 AM PST, or 4 AM for our European players, NW at 3 AM? Uhhhhhh... NO. No thank you.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    The next expansion will bring a few people back into the game.

For a game as old as it is, its doing rather well to be fair.

and so sorry i dont agree with a total merge. Server transfer would prob bring a few people back as well as an option before going down to one server. Thats my take on it anyway.​​
  • kyoske
    @Sarrafeline - Sanctuary i did mention having the events more often didnt i. Also @heero200 to what extent will it bring back players and also what part of it will these players stay for, because new players always return for new stuff, then leave within a week or two.
  • heerohex#3018
    @kyoske Players come and go from the game at this age in its life. I hope more people come back than leave but you can never tell.

Like Ive said a number of times a few events are outside of players reach still time wise. Something that did a lot of damage in the past has slowly been fixed / made better. That will be a factor as well as many other things. A lot has changed... better or worse. Ill stand by server transfer and correcting time zones for many will help. Something that may never happen so we have to go with it.

Also we dont have the player base like PWCN so when things like the WC cost where decided I dont think that was fair or correct for our servers. Something I hope will have been looked at.

Time will tell... We will soon find out...

Thanks.​​
  • kyoske
    @heero200 personally i think one of pwi greatest mistake is only catering for pvp, most of the issues with the server merge were related to pvp events, but when last has pwi released anything that caters to just pve. Now people will jump on and mention new instances like UP and DHD and they will also mention neverfall, but lets take a look at the newer instances, the only reason why some people even get to join squads is because they are needed for nuke, otherwise they wouldn't be seen. If you are under nv3 or lets say you're nv3 and everything else about you suck, i would tell you to avoid neverfall. I feel sorry for any upcoming player who has to go through that ts6 cave its annoying as hell. PVE shouldn't be easy but it shouldn't cater towards OP people alone. Now im not saying that the game wont one day die, but in my opinion i think PWI playerbase are the most hopeful set of people i know, because once in a while everyone checks back to see if things have changed.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    actualy id like all servers acessable like there other games i play where if its dead on one sever i can visit another server id also would like to see a pvp server lv 30 above free game of course with option of pk protection states in this state you well never drop anything
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    kyoske wrote: »
    @heero200 personally i think one of pwi greatest mistake is only catering for pvp, most of the issues with the server merge were related to pvp events, but when last has pwi released anything that caters to just pve. Now people will jump on and mention new instances like UP and DHD and they will also mention neverfall, but lets take a look at the newer instances, the only reason why some people even get to join squads is because they are needed for nuke, otherwise they wouldn't be seen. If you are under nv3 or lets say you're nv3 and everything else about you suck, i would tell you to avoid neverfall. I feel sorry for any upcoming player who has to go through that ts6 cave its annoying as hell. PVE shouldn't be easy but it shouldn't cater towards OP people alone. Now im not saying that the game wont one day die, but in my opinion i think PWI playerbase are the most hopeful set of people i know, because once in a while everyone checks back to see if things have changed.

I can agree with you on that cave, but I believe that it was created so that it forced people to tackle it with a full party, if not close to 10. Remember that china's playerbase is much larger than ours, and we're the ones that have a tendency to do things on our own (either because of lack of people doing that particular quest, or because we want to)
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    kyoske wrote: »
    @Sarrafeline - Sanctuary i did mention having the events more often didnt i. Also @heero200 to what extent will it bring back players and also what part of it will these players stay for, because new players always return for new stuff, then leave within a week or two.

Mkay, I'll take off my sarcasm hat here... you want to merge all servers, because of events not having enough people, then make more event times? That just defeats the purpose of merging the servers...
  • kyoske
    edited December 2017
    @Sarrafeline - Sanctuary my post isnt about a lack of players doing events, its about a lack of players overall. We need to be realistic. One server would make things much easier for pwi and the playerbase:
    1. Less servers for the small staff of pwi to deal with.
    2. More players doing instances, squads would be easier to form, we see multiple people talking about how hard it is to make a squad
    3. XNW would just go into regular nw. They just need to increase the rewards.
    4. Double the amount of each event thus catering for people from all servers,
    Servers merged before and everyone complained at first and personally think that happened because it wasnt implemented properly. Pwi just need to look at went wrong last time and address it. If they cant do this, all i think they need to really do is create new PVE based content.
  • xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User
    Wouldn't mind merge xD Tho server change stone or something like that would be nice
    vFDFy6t.gif
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    i am in favor of merging servers if it wont affect my already crappy connection with arc. if it doesnt make me dc then its good. .. @heero200 dude... i dont think a simple expansion will make players wanna go back to this game. every farming instance is nerfed. things that you actually get from nw and xnw are getting more cheaper by the day while the prices of stuff that you actually need is going up.. i can only survive the game by jolly jones... and fws... this one is bit of ...debatable... depends on leaders.. who actually splits evenly and not put an alt toon while doing split. ive done a total of 40 fws now. .. i can say for sure now... people do shady things on fws. most r9 people who leads squad, i saw are the people doing all kinds of shady stuffs in fws. thats kind of sad. really. they supposed to help nub people get better but they are the ones doing all these kinds of things. and when they dont split anything.. they will say.. "sorry tele cost are expensive so no split for you guys".. i blocked those people.
    i suggest a change in warsong.. tradeable molds. and molds that stay permanently even when crafting. ..also tradeable badges this will prevent people from scamming other people and will create market for molds which will in turn people will wanna do fws more.
    nobody wanna do fws anymore cause its tedious and some have shady leads... i dont wanna form fws coz tele are 25k worth. i only earn 2m from jolly. and you want me to spend that 2m on buying tele. nty.
    i suggest making a new instance where people nubs and r9 people can do everyday to farm things. fs was a good one.. but they messed it up.
  • kyoske
    @iamnotnormal someone suggested in a next post and ill suggest the same, i think we need a solo version of UP, FSJ, UCH and DH that way we dont have to worry about unfair people. We should also have unlimited entries per day. I think what pwi needs to do is bring back the time vs money theme that we were once used to. JOJ is not the solution, people do it because they have no choice. The idea of creating multiple toons to do joj takes the joy out of the game. DH would be a great way to make coinage selling level 4 glyphs but soon demand will drop, also one must consider the limited amount of dh squads that are actually formed daily, not to mention many of them wont take anyone under r9. I say merge servers, we did it before, we can do it again.
  • heerohex#3018
    @iamnotnormal Sorry but data and the past updates have shown it does bring players back. Not in any great numbers but that something we will never know.

If it where the case and not only to keep current players interested it would be no point in doing updates new content ETC.

The game at this stage is at a difficult point. Gear Gap is yes a BIG Problem but their are also other issues as others bring up.

I have to stop at that point and dont feel I can comment any further.

Thanks.​​
  • cashoper#6962
    cashoper#6962 Posts: 13 Arc User
    the only active server is etherblade. also game become boring after they remove a PVP server.
  • laiwaisan
    i'm on ether blade I did notice that depends on time of day.I live on west coast so after work it's active on days i have off in morning kinda dead but i notice some time around i think my 11pm there's faction members just log in on which they tell me its around there 4-5 pm so it might be your servers not dead just people don't know or smart enough to play on the right server lol.

a simple fix be different channels there's a few games i play that lets you switch to a more active channel ie server and some choose less people for less lag then there's pvp. Of course this affects cash shops but wouldn't affect commission shops or Auction hall which is active and same on all servers but personal cat shops probably be affected.

Of course the people that QQ merge all servers i found are the people that have often pick the wrong server I myself have done this on other games cause i was to lazy to research which severs and my work schedule lol i often just pick the top server and hear crickets just to find out its mainly china and that side of the world that play on that server lol.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    How about we let all the former Harshlands players who were forced onto a Euro server migrate back to the US? You know, so that events don't take place at 2 in the afternoon when we're all at work. It would be nice to attend an event for the first time in over two years. Id would be nice to have a ping under 450ms again.
  • sacaroan
    sacaroan Posts: 3 Arc User
    Actually, we got a lot of ideas. And a lot of them seem good, might be good at a point... The problem seems... How to connect these? And sry, I am not the one payed for that! So this is the the point for devs, they have to give us a point.
  • kyoske
    @laiwaisan well sir im not on the wrong server, i started on sanctuary and lucky for me LC was merged into us, so timing isnt a issue. My main concern is population and server merge or simply revitalizing pve are the two ways i think pwi could address this.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    I am leaning at a server merge... But not to 1 server, not yet, not yet..4 server's to 2. The Really big issue that will effect people is....... what to do with Europe server. Probally would be easier for PWE for all to be in one Region One license ect ect ect, so if they are approaching the necessity of scaling down, only they know what that fine line is. No matter what happen's in the future, some people will be bummed out, can't change that fact. Hopefully They choose wisely, for the better of the Longevity of the game, and not for who bark's the loudest ect.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    All that needs to happen is being able to schedule 1v1s with other players via xServer... Spamming 3v3 for a specific player is painful.
  • cashoper#6962
    cashoper#6962 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Make all server PVP every monday & thursdays would be good, and make the game active. PVE is so boring.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    TBH I would love to see xServer dungeons and xServer shops...
    It would help to control the flow of surplus coin into game if all servers are to fight over x prices...

xServer dungeons is badly needed I would personally like to run DUP but, there are legit 1-2 squads running it max on Twilight temple and skulls are running at 500mill+ each...

So add xServer dungeons and xServer shops and alot of the player base would be more willing to play.
  • laiwaisan
    I don't have any issues i got lucky got the etherblade merge and gout the double account perk so i have every class on one account sweet
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    >There are still people crying about MUH PVP SERVERS in current year
    Oh man, if only there was this button people can use to go into pvp mode. If only we had that option, and if only everyone who cries about MUH PVP would use it and then never touch it again.
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to have that option?

Wait, what's that Jerry? We have that option? And people don't use it? OHMAHGAH!

On a more serious note;
    PvP in this game has always been a boring shitfest anyway. Because you "must" follow the moral code of MUH HONOURABLE PVP NO RPK PLS.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    happyhail wrote: »
    How about we let all the former Harshlands players who were forced onto a Euro server migrate back to the US? You know, so that events don't take place at 2 in the afternoon when we're all at work. It would be nice to attend an event for the first time in over two years. Id would be nice to have a ping under 450ms again.
    You cant complain about ping because european players have the same ping as you while doing xtw, xnw or arena. And noone cares about it.

• wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Kewl then about if knowone cares in Europe about there ping .. Cuz makes it easier to Merge all the server's to The U.S East and West..If it where only true!.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Think best is dwindle two server with a one time option of server change stone for free after that 100 USD per change. One US server and one EU server open the account selling npc to our version. China’s game is actually popular with a playerbase that completely dwarfs ours with most playing on their respective times and legal toon selling while our is struggling with ping,timezone issues and banned sold accounts. I don’t think it’s hard to see what should be done
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
This discussion has been closed.