BM End Game Help needed

jehu50
jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
Hi All, I have put 4 sockets on my neck and belt. Unbuffed I am 35900Hp St651 Vit 129 DEx 229 full r9 and full josd (attk level 139 def 108) and spirit 1604 (I do not have a set of A's and am just level 7 for neuma and need to max 2 more cards but they are not spirit cards), I am 105 105 104 so 20 more points to come there.

Advice on what to fill the 8 sockets would be appreciated. Do I use battlement +2 def levels or try to increase spirit or even use vit?

Comments

• iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    raise your spirit. coz op people have 2k :( 1m 1 hit by 2k spirit people. im 1.467k spirt
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    In my experience BMs run into a very unique problem in mass PvP, especially when it comes to end-game gear.
    Perfect World's mass PvP is so ridiculously overloaded with crowd control that to be efficient you are forced to make an effort to avoid getting hit from too many different sources, purely to not be locked the entire time and unable to do anything. While making this effort to avoid Crowd Control you are automatically also avoiding damage.

I personally think for a BM it's completely pointless to go past a certain level of ''tankiness'', because only when you are permanently on the edge of dying (but not actually dying) you are using that ''tankiness'' (What I mean with that is that if you aren't on the edge of dying then being less tanky in that exact scenario would lead to the exact same outcome). If you are forcing that scenario to happen as a full JOSD endgame BM you're basically afk. You won't stun anyone, you won't generate any chi for other skills, because you are allowing so many people to freely hit you and thus CC you. It's definitely the easy way to play BM, but it's not an efficient way of playing BM.

Seeing you're already JOSD I dont think you'll ever need those defense levels so would suggest you take spirit shards. 1600 Spirit is quite low for PvP so that definitely needs some work, though you will ofcourse obtain this from other sources down the road as well. I still think that in the long run (when all your gear reaches the same quality as your armor) you will benefit more from the spirit than you would from extra defense level, but it's close enough that you could go either way.

Its important to keep in mind there's also the potential that this might change down the road, purify proc (or tidal proc) are already obtainable for BMs which might put them in a state where they can tank a ton of damage and still be efficient. It definitely requires a 5th (possibly 4th) cast weapon though, any less than that (3rd cast) and you're just outplaying yourself into being even more useless... a comedic scenario I sometimes run into with 1 or 2 BMs on my own server.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Let’s not take advice from a deity bm such as @dingo488 wolo wolo wolo xD. All jokes aside I’m curious if purify spell is good on bm I’ve seen the tidal proc it’s okay on bm but I’m really curious how do ppl feel about purify spell having bms run all over to Africa and the main debuff that will only work will be paralyze which isn’t even effective if you can’t properly debuff. Bm has the def and hp pool to make it more efficient compared to arcane classes so it’s interesting the idea but then agian idk if the puri spell on g17 has the 30 sec CD if it doesn’t and I know the tidal/focus mind do is definitely do the puri spell
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    A tanky BM with both the purify spell and either untargetable or immunity procs would be a beast... hard to kill, impossible to lock. It's what I hope to eventually go for myself, tho in the short term, purge fists are my main G17 effort. (What, you thought sins have the 5-APS-purge monopoly? Nein mein herr!)

I agree with the above on the spirit shards. Since spirit affects both offense and defense it benefits you overall. A BM that ain't totally OP is there to stun and debuff - and survive as long as possible when the enemy team finally has had enough of half their party seeing birdies for 6 seconds every 15 seconds... Might just be me, but BMs seem to be focused even more then clerics. I get spanked hard in TWs :smiley:
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    would a devil sharded +12 full axe rank 9 devil sharded weapon with 2k spirit and up to date cards and such be OP?
  • dingo488
    edited December 2017
    would a devil sharded +12 full axe rank 9 devil sharded weapon with 2k spirit and up to date cards and such be OP?

I don't think that you'll ever be ''OP'' with 2k spirit. You might be fine if you're on Dawnglory because for whatever reason they all have terrible Star Charts, but on other servers 2k is nowhere near OP. There's people with 2.5k+ spirit everywhere and as a Devil Stone BM you'll be far too squishy against them.

When I say that there's currently no point in being overly tanky, you still need to reach a certain threshold where you are actually tanky, devil with 2k spirit is definitely not that.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Lmfao @dingo488 because having x2 spirit on a starchart is ever smart which is what literally what most of the servers do lol this statement I’m dying right now. Get a 9+ S/C with x2 phy atk 2x phy penetration on fates and maybe not go for it on a bm not sure why you want damage on a bm maybe do that on a sin. Click cursed jail watch how you own literally 90% of ur enemies with the exception of full Jsod/tank built bms barbs seekers if you have purge daggers you probably will though unless they NP too everything else false like a sack of potatoes
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »

I don't think that you'll ever be ''OP'' with 2k spirit. You might be fine if you're on Dawnglory because for whatever reason they all have terrible Star Charts, but on other servers 2k is nowhere near OP. There's people with 2.5k+ spirit everywhere and as a Devil Stone BM you'll be far too squishy against them.

When I say that there's currently no point in being overly tanky, you still need to reach a certain threshold where you are actually tanky, devil with 2k spirit is definitely not that.

ok but its not like your going to sit there and let them attack you, a devil stone could deal alot of damage for the little time it is alive. for a bm with 800+ str that is, not one of the fist build. i saw on the gear estimate site that he could have around 42 crit rate. that plus GOF could cut though arcane and light like butter, amusing the spirit was equal. These are all my assumptions though, its no proof to it.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I've left this in general as long as I can.

Moved to BM section of forums. A redirect link is in place.

Thanks.
  • dingo488
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Lmfao @dingo488 because having x2 spirit on a starchart is ever smart which is what literally what most of the servers do lol this statement I’m dying right now. Get a 9+ S/C with x2 phy atk 2x phy penetration on fates and maybe not go for it on a bm not sure why you want damage on a bm maybe do that on a sin. Click cursed jail watch how you own literally 90% of ur enemies with the exception of full Jsod/tank built bms barbs seekers if you have purge daggers you probably will though unless they NP too everything else false like a sack of potatoes

And then complain that Echo has NP Sins that are 1shotting half your faction while your own NP Sins are pretty much nonfactors. There's a reason Crisis is losing so hard... It's because instead of just doing the math they say ''they tested it on a friend and spirit wasn't good.''