War avatar crafting

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10740224-expansion-feature-spotlight-#1

"Crafted War Avatar Cards will yield the same War Avatar Artifacts that were used in crafting.

Ex. If you decompose a Crafted “Kestra” War Avatar Card, you will receive 100 War Avatar Artifacts."

Does this mean that only crafted Kestra would decompose into 100 artifacts or would a non crafted Kestra be decomposed into those too? I think the first is correct, which would be a shame because if the latter would be correct, it would make base activities a lot more appealing as lot of ppl would be able to finish their sets.
BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Probably otherwise ppl would probably get full S cards easily and god forbid them actually less the playfield against NP sins
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Yea I think it have to be a crafted card.
    The Decompose function can now be found under the War Avatar Bag UI!
    Decompose Requirement: S-grade War Avatar
    Decompose Result: War Avatar Artifact
    Decompose Amount: S-grade War Avatar Cards can be decomposed into 1 War Avatar Artifact.
    S-grade War Avatar obtained through Avatar Crafting can be decomposed into War Avatar Artifacts as well!
    The amount of War Avatar Artifacts you get for decomposing is displayed underneath the set bonus section on each card.

Crafted War Avatar Cards will yield the same War Avatar Artifacts that were used in crafting.
    Ex. If you decompose a Crafted “Kestra” War Avatar Card, you will receive 100 War Avatar Artifacts.

It makes sense. You can temporarily get forexample 2x 3S sets without it loosing its artifact value, in case you want to upgrade yourself to eventual NP in the future. But you wont randomly be able to get 2x 3S sets just because you pulled a NP card from the free S chest in kirin town, otherwise I would have a TT99/g16 alt barb that could be full rb1 2x 3S set or I would have a 4S set wizard in morai gear.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    shopcheese wrote: »

It makes sense. You can temporarily get forexample 2x 3S sets without it loosing its artifact value, in case you want to upgrade yourself to eventual NP in the future. But you wont randomly be able to get 2x 3S sets just because you pulled a NP card from the free S chest in kirin town, otherwise I would have a TT99/g16 alt barb that could be full rb1 2x 3S set or I would have a 4S set wizard in morai gear.

Good point, bit annoyed cause this means I cant just finish my NP by decomping some duplicates but least it feels attainable now. Like 1 card isnt that awful to get by reset spam, even if its gonna take ages, I lack 2 but maybe over time I get lucky and pull one from somewhere.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

This was the only part I was worried was a bit unclear.
    When the expansion releases, all S cards will have a section when you hover over them with how much Artifact yield decomposing it will give you.
    Cards crafted using the crafting UI will give the same artifacts in decomposition as you put in.
    So for example, if you craft a card with 10 Artifacts, if you decompose that S card, you'll get 10 Artifacts back. But say, a "pulled" S card (from a Pack or Chest for example) will only yield 1.
    This means that nothing is "lost" when you craft a card, except for the Faction Trial materials you put in (which will be covered in a different blogpost later on)

However, I did notice something interesting - when I leveled up and rebirthed one of the crafted War avatar cards, the artifact output number changed. A RB 2 Althea Card for example, now says it'll give me 103 War Avatar Artifacts when decomposing.
    When checking the Artifact output for my other non crafted cards, a RB 2 Astrid card says an output of 4 War Avatar Artifacts. I doubt people have tons of spare EXP laying around to just decompose RB 1 or 2 cards for additional Artifacts, but that's something to keep in mind.

Also, I know this wasn't asked about, but the current ID for the War Avatar Artifacts you can get in game is the same one used in this system, if anyone had decomposed their S cards and happen to have these items on hand.
  • shopcheese
    edited December 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    Thanks for clarifying this, this was the only part that left me wonder; what would happen to the artifact value when you rebirth the cards. In your case, I'll assume the RB2 Althea was worth 103 artifacts due to 1 being crafted and the last 3 pulled from packs (100+1+1+1). So if you crafted all althea cards that you used for rb2, it should have a artifact value of 400.
    Seems like all EXP would still be lost though when decomposed into artifacts again.

And good to know that they have same ID. I know a few that decomposed S cards due to lack of space in the war avatar bag.
    Its funny as a lot of people assumed these artifacts would be used for the S+ cards in the future, lol!
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    So my understanding of this is that a person with full Nuema portal and 10 spare s cards (not that hard to get with full RB2 Portal) can now increase the set bonus of Nuema Portal by another 50% for 300 days...

Hello Genesisia and goodbye casual players..

Seeing that the game maybe has 3 years left in it at most seems kind of broken ijs...

• sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    This finally is at least an attemped to give people who are missing 1-2 cards a chance to get their NP set ... however its doubtfull that players who quited because you scammed them with stoping the NP promos will come back.

And the number of points for 1 NP card is again rediculus:
    1 S card is worth at least 600m coins ... which makes 1 NP card worth 60.000m coins ... thanks but no thanks.
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »
    So my understanding of this is that a person with full Nuema portal and 10 spare s cards (not that hard to get with full RB2 Portal) can now increase the set bonus of Nuema Portal by another 50% for 300 days...

Hello Genesisia and goodbye casual players..

Seeing that the game maybe has 3 years left in it at most seems kind of broken ijs...

5%, not 50%
  • shopcheese
    @bboycraze 5% stacked up to 10 times = 50%

yea i wish that wasnt a thing... sigh...
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @sawyers No one who participated in these promos were left cardless cards in any instance of the promos being ran, and anyone who missed cards (due to datapull inconsistencies or database issues) were properly awarded their items. There was no scam there. Of course, what grew out of it in its wake was never tell users about any promos in the future, cyclical, purposed or otherwise. It's an adopted stance that I'm not comfortable with, but I understand now why my predecessors did.
    That's all I'll say on this matter.

General Thread :
    This system seems to focus more towards a group effort in creating cards based on what I've experienced so far, and from looking at the patchnotes CN has given us.

When I had asked them about trying to bring the War avatar Roulette system here, the gold prices would have been skewed improperly and we would have to removed the Treasure Boxes from the cash shop in light of it (a version specific item made for us). After a few months of silence on the subject, when this system had come about, they said we could use this instead of the War Avatar Roulette system. So its unclear if this was in response to a strange condition we have here (or potentially in other versions) or if this was just something a long time coming. I never asked any clarification on that point.
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    -"Stacking effect: Attributes continue to be buffed by a flat 5%, but the duration increases, up to 300 days. Cannot stack past the 300 day duration and this duration stacks in 30 days increments."

From my understanding its just 5%, only the duration goes up
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Oh, yes I forgot to address that point specifically - the 5% is flat, duration time is the only thing that stacking really changes. This was not initially made clear in the patchnotes CN gave us so I wanted to add a few extra lines to clarify what stacking the buff does.
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    @bboycraze 5% stacked up to 10 times = 50%

yea i wish that wasnt a thing... sigh...

No, only the duration stacks, the post is clear.
  • nagatoyahiko
    nagatoyahiko Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    tiger-13.giftiger-14.gif can the devs make a change for Nuema card exchange , what if we get at least 10 Artifacts for a NP card that was on chest or S Pack ? (thats the 10% of crafted NP card) that would be nice for some ppl tiger-17.giftiger-40.gif​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876” Great so NP sins will 1 shot more thing gg

Please explain why must we pay 100 S cards for a NP card? Is that even fair when china to roll S packs it’s like 4x cheaper than ours so shouldn’t ours be more like 25 S cards? But then agian CN devs will use the currency excuse agian right? So make ours 4x more expensive yet we have to adhere to the same rules? So it’s harder for us to get good refines, starcharts, cards virtually everything money wise but let’s not give us not version specific content that puts us on more even ground? You say china is willing to do that yet we keep getting the exact same updates for a version that completely dwarfs our own and the only thing we have over them is rank 9 being cheaper but NP is easier there.

Between the NP promos which broke the meta, the terrible free gems that flooded the game via alt bot armies of older players I really question why do PWI even pretends to care about the longevity of this game *facepalm*
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 #0876
    I get for 1 S card 10xWar Avatar Artifact
    for NP card 100x War Avatar Artifact
    for NP rb2 400x War Avatar Artifact
    or 1S card=1xWar Avatar Artifact
    and when I have 1 War Avatar Artifact in a time bank I'm losing her or can I turn her back to S cart?
  • shopcheese
    So thats what a flat means. As someone that doesnt have english as their main language, some details will be lost.

• miruna555
    miruna555 Posts: 6 Arc User
    All i get from this system is that it benefits the handful of op people per server and gives nothing to anyone else, just widening the gap further.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    miruna555 wrote: »
    All i get from this system is that it benefits the handful of op people per server and gives nothing to anyone else, just widening the gap further.

Seems like the opposite for me, with this system, 98 S cards would be a 100% chance to get something equivalent to NP stat wise (with a very high likely hood of surpassing it) due to the cost of 3 and 4 card set (and their 2 card set compliments) cards. If anything this should close the gap since it heavily reduces the randomness of S packs to anyone who's able to start pouring coin and/or money into S packs.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    good luck getting 98 S cards. i have nuema portal first reborn set and 26 spare S cards in my bag.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    This won't change much for the average player, but anyone that opened or will open a lot of S packs will compete with Nuema Portal people. You can combine three-piece S sets and rebirth them. Full RB1, and especially RB2, of those sets can totally compete with Nuema Portal because as far as I've seen most Nuema Portal players are half or full RB1. Also, don't forget some players have better Star Charts than others which can tip the scale in favor of the non Nuema Portal S card set player in terms of overall power.

​​
  • keihan007#7641
    edited December 2017
    This won't change much for the average player, but anyone that opened or will open a lot of S packs will compete with Nuema Portal people. You can combine three-piece S sets and rebirth them. Full RB1, and especially RB2, of those sets can totally compete with Nuema Portal because as far as I've seen most Nuema Portal players are half or full RB1. Also, don't forget some players have better Star Charts than others which can tip the scale in favor of the non Nuema Portal S card set player in terms of overall power.

​​

Its 60 Artifacts for double RA1 3S card sets, which is pretty damn effective in terms of stats. NP will still be better at same RAs but its not what you should be comparing, its the WS/Morai sets RA2 what you should be comparing to, which is what most ppl would roll w/o said option.

I would need bout 70k xp to get that set combo(Assuming I dont have any cards atm), which is years of farming JFSP by resetting RA1 S cards. But I expect if I get continue playing this game for another year I might have it by using whats given to us to make artifacts. I mean, I got bout 10 non NP S cards in my bag, I would imagine I got some of the set card(s) already but at worst case scenario I`m gonna need like 50 more artifacts.

• gundameister00
    gundameister00 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Post edited by gundameister00 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will change the world..........
  • gundameister00
    gundameister00 Posts: 63 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »

Its 60 Artifacts for double RA1 3S card sets, which is pretty damn effective in terms of stats. NP will still be better at same RAs but its not what you should be comparing, its the WS/Morai sets RA2 what you should be comparing to, which is what most ppl would roll w/o said option.

I would need bout 70k xp to get that set combo(Assuming I dont have any cards atm), which is years of farming JFSP by resetting RA1 S cards. But I expect if I get continue playing this game for another year I might have it by using whats given to us to make artifacts. I mean, I got bout 10 non NP S cards in my bag, I would imagine I got some of the set card(s) already but at worst case scenario I`m gonna need like 50 more artifacts.

I just made some maths and the cheapest and most viable option its to get 24 S cards so you can get 3 Sets of 2 Cards RB2 this is almost the same as NP set Not RB

3 Sets of 2 card each RB2 > 2 Sets of 3 Cards RB1
    3 Sets of 2 card each RB2 > 1 Sets of 4 Cards NON RB
    3 Sets of 2 card each RB2 < just a bit below of NP set NON RB​​
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will change the world..........
  • keihan007#7641

I just made some maths and the cheapest and most viable option its to get 24 S cards so you can get 3 Sets of 2 Cards RB2 this is almost the same as NP set Not RB

3 Sets of 2 card each RB2 > 2 Sets of 3 Cards RB1
    3 Sets of 2 card each RB2 > 1 Sets of 4 Cards NON RB
    3 Sets of 2 card each RB2 < just a bit below of NP set NON RB​​

Interesting, I`ll look into it definitely, the double RA1 3S set was one of the more effective paths according to a friend. I dont think they did the comparison with this crafting in mind though so RA2 something ditnt really cross their mind.

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User

ooo that's neat, the only real difference is 150 less base magic attack, but still for that cost that's even better than i thought.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • keihan007#7641
    I think I misunderstood something bout resetting the cards - I confused the resetting into giving artifacts, which at closer look doesnt seem true. So we were then wondering if resetting card would make the new cards into crafted card and thus has a purpose but that doesnt seem to be the case either. We are kinda at loss of what is the purpose of resetting war avatar is cause there really seems to be none and I dont understand why they would add useless function into it. Any ideas on anybody?

• littlezoe77
    littlezoe77 Posts: 3 Arc User
    This function is useful saxroll. At least for me. I have some reborn S-Cards on old way. If I want to change them into new prefered card because I dont use it anymore I am able to get out the old 2 or 4 cards from this reborn card. This means instead of 1 card I already owning 2 or 4 cards.

It seems, they did everything that you still keeping the worth of the old s-cards by using them as input for other sets.

Now I am just asking myself, which packs are now most useful to get on cheapest way more randomized S-cards for trading.
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    I think I misunderstood something bout resetting the cards - I confused the resetting into giving artifacts, which at closer look doesnt seem true. So we were then wondering if resetting card would make the new cards into crafted card and thus has a purpose but that doesnt seem to be the case either. We are kinda at loss of what is the purpose of resetting war avatar is cause there really seems to be none and I dont understand why they would add useless function into it. Any ideas on anybody?

My guess is that decomposing an RA1 S card will only yield one artifact or (maybe its not even possible to decomp an RA card), thus needing to reset it into 2 non-ra cards to decomp it into 2 artifacts.

Reset Result: Rebirth I War Avatar Cards decompose into 2 War Avatars without Reawakening.

• zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    The theoretical Strength of 3x 2-S-Sets on 2nd RB to NP non-RB is true. However, if you don't already have these cards you still need to invest 10 random S-Cards for each of the S-Cards and if you start from scratch, getting a 4-piece set or 2x 3-S-Sets is way, way better. Random S-Cards, no set, is already nearly as strong as non rb CF-Set.

All in all, it's pretty damn useless imho and expensive as hell. S-Cards are not easily available to this day. Can help some get smaller sets...be real endgame use...welp. Nope.