A Big very doubt about gears and what worth better

I see Morai up 2 have Slaying level 60
Warsouls attack level 50
G16 attack lvl 40
I saw a rank 9 weap attack lvl 59

So...for PVE I think morai up is much better since u have more damage AGAINS MOBS.
What do u think about ?

Comments

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    you might want to check the other stats too, because nowadays slaying/attack levels aren't everything even for pve.

g16 is easy to get
    morai is easy, just take some time and some more money (from what I've seen from the npc)
    warsoul... it's good, but you need a lot of mats for it (and buying it, lots of money)
    rank9... well, it's rank9. it's expensive as hell, especially right now, but not necessary for pve. You can get it if you want the extra power, though.

You might want to check out homestead weapons, too. First stage is really easy to get. Second takes some time by farming up (or buying the mats), but it's doable and offer better stats. Third stage and onward, again, not really necessary for pve.

All these weapons will be very good if you refine them to 8/10.

(as for gear, g16 if you want pve. Don't bother with morai. Never saw someone bother with it. Go r9 only if you want to be competitive and go into nuke parties)

But this is my opinion, and others might disagree. Hope this help a bit in deciding
  • nociro
    nociro Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    If you cant afford r9 weapon then yea slaying level isnt bad choice at all. Warsoul weapon is too expensive from what you get.
    I have a +70 slaying weapon which is the best slaying weapon available.

Slaying weapon become stronger when its combined with attack levels, so getting g16 armor bonus set would be prefered with the weapon.

However the base damage on slaying weapon is low. So if you are a healer and are healing, your slaying and attack level dont matter, just the base dmg.

Most people that cant afford r9 sticks with the g16 weapon (40 attk level) which have a high base damage as well and is fairly easy to get.
    I have actually never compared it to the slaying weapon damage to the g16 weapon but I can do some tests later since i have all weapons anyway (except warsoul)
  • danilo#8744
    danilo#8744 Posts: 44 Arc User
    ty all
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    My friend started with Morai,

He is now using G16 gears.

Warsoul is expensive and only the weapon, The above is a set which im sure is better with the added bonus.. May be?

R9 is not all its cut out to be in PvE.

Also Ill say R8 is not 2 bad for cost wise if your intending on going R9.

But yes Morai or G16 gears will get you.​​
  • danilo#8744
    heero200 wrote: »
    My friend started with Morai,
    But yes Morai or G16 gears will get you.​​

That is it. The doubt. Since morai is more cheap then g16 and im not going for pvp untill somehow get rank 9 ( if I do). If g16 has not a big difference on pve, I can save money for obrs is so much expansive and use it on morai gears.

But if de difference with pshyc and hp and damage for pve stuffs is big, then do not worth get a morai to +10 or even +12 :D
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    I am a big fan of the morai weapons. Those 60 slaying levels will easily outdamage 40 attack levels in pve. I have a +3 morai that outdamage my +8 g16. With the morai being more defensive with the adds. Since the recent update, they are actually easier to get. 300 influence and 1.7mil.

Upgrading of course is far more time consuming, as you need to run QSM 100 times to upgrade and reroll.

I do suggest getting them, even if just for HFT, or to have something different. Those dual swords with spinners on the end are still my favorite.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    It's rather pleasant to see love for sumthing other then OP gear's imo :)
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
  • danilo#8744
    Thx all, my decision is try with morai for now x)
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Hooray for Morai :)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    Glad we could help out.

Lets us know how it works out.​​
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    also you can use the character simulator and see the stat difference. but I only see r9
    1st,2nd, and 4th cast in there. the 3rd cast is missing.
    i can't go r9 realistically so i went. g16. not yet complete though.. almost max passives
    twilight sky x.
    i can survive pretty much everywhere but .. i saw the that the damage i deal with people and bosses , boru and xipher is a bit small. i only have g16 dag+5. i can solo sot culti boss but will take 2 hrs to clear and finish it.
    i can survive with low refined r9 people maybe 3-4 hits.
    but with r9+12 people . basically anybody who has gof, blaze g17 weap can 1 shot me.
    i have 14.5k hp +barb sage buffs 18.7k ph
    i have 115 atk levels and 29 def levels. missing the +20 atk levels coz i dont have the la robe.
    i personally wont go with morai coz. morai will prolly deal much damage if its +12 but i dont think i wanna +12 a morai.
    i rather go ws weapon
    my atklevels will reach prolly around 155-160 atk levels which will make everything a little better in damage dealing
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    ^ sounds like you're into PvPing. Morai gear is out of the question for PvP anyway.