I alwayas wanted know how much players still playing

Hi guys, I always wanted know how much players is playing this game atm

Comments

• deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    edited November 2017
    I will give you a hint ;) , it's over a 5 digit number . Also as playing the game myself I would say it's still pretty active even with all the changes.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    deceitsoul wrote: »
    I will give you a hint ;) , it's over a 5 digit number . Also as playing the game myself I would say it's still pretty active even with all the changes.

Is that a fact or a guess?

My guess is around 8k players, where around only 1k of those are active pretty much everyday and the rest are casuals. This is ofc counting all the servers we have.
    So, again, just a guess, but i guess on 8k players from which 1k are active and a lil bit of infinite alts xD.

Mr. Justice
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    are we counting a player and all their alts as 1 or all of them as separate?
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    About 30k players in Dawnglory for last 1.5-2 years.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    No one here will give you a correct number on this.
    I doubt PWE will even have a correct number on this as well, mainly because of the catshop and alt account.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• xxwratxx
    xxwratxx Posts: 6 Arc User
    lmfao 30k players, then you do nws and its 30 players per nation​​
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    xxwratxx wrote: »
    lmfao 30k players, then you do nws and its 30 players per nation​​

Tho, NW is pretty damn useless these days.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Look at the top guild rankings based on previous XTW winners. Out of the top 5 largest guilds across every server, I doubt that any single one can consistently get 100+ actives on a weekly basis. Go to the next 5-15 and the numbers drop quite sharply from there.

I understand that not everyone participates in this type of event, but its the best gauge you're going to get. As such, I doubt that there are even 2,000 players left combined.
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    We know that the playerbase is potentially huge, since we had a celebration for I believe 3 million accounts around 2014 If my memory serves me well. Surely there will be many many less actively playing now days, but I would say over every server that although maybe not concurrent, it would be close to 6 figures active accounts if not slightly less. Of course half of this is probably alts or catshops but still it's an active account.

At least that's what I think. Could be talking **** xD
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Hi guys, I always wanted know how much players is playing this game atm

I would dare to say to say that if we take in to account just the number of real players (no alts, catshop, jolly bots, jolly alts, etc, etc...) Probably the real number is way smaller than what some people may think. I could guess that is actually a 4 digit number instead of 5.
    An easy way to get an stimate is by looking at XNW, you can take the total number of players and double it or even triple it, since there will be a lot of people that will not attend because they don't like it or don't have time among other reasons. Even so, a large number of the active player base go to said event, so you can look at those numbers and get an idea.

However Just as @dblazen1 said, no one here can give you an accurate number, so at least in my case this just speculation.

In the case of PWE, their number will be even less accurate regardless of them having the data, The reason for this is that most likely PWE just use the raw number of accounts loged in and not the what those accounts are, in other words they will not distinguish between one of those russian bots, a real player and a catshop.

If we add that this is a business for them and low number of players is not good for their business, they would never admit such thing unless they decide to shot down or something.

I guess on the good side of things we can say that while is true that the player base remaining is low, on that low playerbase there is a lot of loyal veteran players, and among those there is a good number of whales, this mean that as long as those people keep charging, this game will remain alive since will be still profitable for the company.

We know that the playerbase is potentially huge, since we had a celebration for I believe 3 million accounts around 2014 If my memory serves me well. Surely there will be many many less actively playing now days, but I would say over every server that although maybe not concurrent, it would be close to 6 figures active accounts if not slightly less. Of course half of this is probably alts or catshops but still it's an active account.

At least that's what I think. Could be talking **** xD

Indeed at some point it was really big, I remember those number, I even thought at some points it was 10 mill. The real number was actually 2 mill.
    Source: https://www.engadget.com/2014/09/09/perfect-world-international-boasts-2m-active-accounts-gives-gif/

Still that is not realistic nowadays and just as I said before it most likely that they just put all actives acc. without distinction between alts and real players.

Also again I higly doubt that it is a 5 or 6 digit number, even less per server.
    If we look at Etherblade server as example. The number of active factions now is really small, and when I say active number I am not only talking about TW factions, I am actually talking about TW + PVE ones. Even worse if we keep in mind that Many of your average strong TW faction person have several alts on other factions, that reduce the numbers even more.

Of course people may say that there are factionless players, or some that are on dead factions. and while that is true, the thing is that most of those are extremely casual or semi retired (My case) or plain and simple they are alts as well.

That is why I believe that a close number would a 4 digits one, being something like 1000 to 1500 on the less populated servers and maybe a bit more than 2000 on the bigger ones. When I say 4 digit number I mean an stimated number of real players using their main account regardless of them being PVP or PVE ones.

Because if we take into account the russian bots, normal jolly alts, bh alts, FSP alts, house alts, pill alts for code abuse/login abuse, catshops, etc...
    Whell in that case we could be talking about a 6 digit number or even 7 digits one, but those are not real players :D
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Would be interesting to get numbers, but this is something I dont ever think we will get.

In all fairness its more down to interest.

I will say tho the its over a 5 Digit number is a good and fair point. It gives you a figure if not an open one but some idea of it.

Thanks.​​
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    Every XNW only 250 ppl/ per nation. So altogether 1000 players. Some of them are farming with alts, so reduce it by 200. Thats 800 active players. On my server Twilight Temple, only like 80 active PKers, rest are PvE blue names..........
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    @thetruesinsz as it relates to TT, if you really think about it, how many of those pve blue names are mains. Tbh when you look around on TT the only active people left on game are the pvp people and the few who are trying to reach the pvp stage.
  • katikilo
    katikilo Posts: 13 Arc User
    I have never been in XNW, I am not PvP player, and I am not trying to reach PvP stage... so according to the prior 2 posts I guess that I don't exist?
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    IT WAS TOUCH AND GO AFTER THE NEW CONTENT UPDATE srry caps lock and im to lazzy to go back lol.

I literaly had imposiable time keeping up with gear repaire bill and doing anything in neverfall killed my hp charm and on top of that they nerfed Bh1 for there 1 mill cards i literaly almost quite but i found a way to make just enough coin to keep going threw fc FF runs people pay 1 mill for a big room which as a sin is easy so id repaire my gear if i needeed and hp charm id do like 6 -7 runs kinda anoying i have to take 2 hours out of my day i think.

its mainly cause the shock boss takes for ever to spawn the game is still playable before i use to just do a few bh1s on snake get my 1 mill cards fix my gear and ready to go now it almost feels like a second job trying to keep up.

if it wasnt for kay throwing out a useful code and sometimes hp related gifts id prob wouldnt play every day i prob play twice a week to be honest.

• iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    i dont think we reached 1k..coz if we did. we wont have trouble forming squads. if we are really around 1k.
    nw stats - 30-50 per nation. twilight temple. well .. 30 feels like 5 people in nw