Reinstalling PWI

mysticblue#1834
mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Well it gets pretty tough reinstalling a game of 13 Gb back and forth if you take frequent leaves from the game.I found a method to do so without having to download it all again(works for me)
Requirements:Need to have a backup of the previous game folder(wherever you had it installed previously)
Steps
1.Copy paste the backup folder to the required location wherever you are willing to re-install your game
2.Login via arc and install PWI in that same location where you have the copy-pasted file(Arc will attempt to redownload the whole game irrespective of your previous game folder being in the same location)
3.There is a file named ArcTemp around the same location where your game folder is located)eg:-If my installation location is E:>PWI then the ArcTemp will show inside the E drive.
4.Incase it doesn't show ArcTemp try unhiding your folders.
5.Sign out of Arc and remove ArcTemp
6.Open Arc launcher again
7.Open Launcher.exe(from your game folder-the actual game launcher)
Once you do all this instead of downloading the game again it should show the play button in your arc launcher!Once you rerun the patcher it should do some minor updates as it usually does.
Above method is advised only if you remove and reinstall PWI often every 5-6 months.(please check if this method does work and inform me! thanks :) )
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    If you know you're coming back later, why uninstall in the first place though?
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Or, just copy the folder and start the game immidiatly. No arc or anything else required to be installed. Just the folder is needed xDDD
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited November 2017
    This can work THO...

From the info you have given I would NOT advise doing this for a number of reasons. Including damage/rewrights to your client files. Launcher.exe should only be used really if you have problems. Also editing ARC files could cause damage.
    Their is info on this in support forums.

I know copying the files and running the patcher with "Startbypatcher" will work However you may need arc downloaded to update.

Thanks.​​
  • strikersden
    strikersden Posts: 3 Arc User
    i cant reinstall my pwi
    avatarfreeman Posts: 29 Arc User
    heero200
    You say don't do this yet the GM told me do this for some fix which did not work...........

heero200
    heero200 🇭elper 🇪xtraordinary 🐲💯 Posts: 4,510 Community Moderator
    November 2017 edited November 2017
    This can work THO...

From the info you have given I would NOT advise doing this for a number of reasons. Including damage/rewrights to your client files. Launcher.exe should only be used really if you have problems. Also editing ARC files could cause damage.
    Their is info on this in support forums.

I know copying the files and running the patcher with "Startbypatcher" will work However you may need arc downloaded to update.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    This is an old topic from 2017 and may be out of date. Also a necro or dead thread.

I am closing please start a new thread so you can get up to date information.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.