Free Rp by login in.

et3rea
et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
What **** is this? are u basically handing out free +3 shards just to play ur game. PWI are you really that ****?

Comments

• jorock457
    jorock457 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    At least make the deity and jades bound, not just the ticket or else we'll have 1000+ deity/josd to flood into the market per server just for people logging all their alts in for a few days. Rip pwi
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Please keep it civil.

It's an interesting promo. If it gets numbers up will be interesting as well. Let's hope it's works OK.
  • jorock457
    jorock457 Posts: 28 Arc User
    It willmost definitely get numbers up. Every player will have at least 5 alts logged in for the next few days. Others will have 10-20 and then we have our special cases who will have 50+ on. The economies of oyr servers will be ruined if the josd/deities are tradeable. Imagine everyone on your server getting at least 4-5 josd. Let alone some people getting 50! These are the 2nd highest tier shard and can be made into the highest and pwi is giving them out for being able to type in your username and password and then going afk for 5-7 days?
  • et3rea
    jorock457 wrote: »
    At least make the deity and jades bound, not just the ticket or else we'll have 1000+ deity/josd to flood into the market per server just for people logging all their alts in for a few days. Rip pwi

You can't make that cause the jades/deities and drakeflame from normal charge promos are always been tradeable and upgradeable, and im assuming the redeem page for charged/login RPs is the same.
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    et3rea wrote: »

You can't make that cause the jades/deities and drakeflame from normal charge promos are always been tradeable and upgradeable, and im assuming the redeem page for charged/login RPs is the same.

if you soooo sure about it being bound !! why the **** u raging at pwi ? just for 1 jade per toon ? in 5 days ? man i am sure the lvl 4 glyphs isnt bound !!
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    doesnt seem to work yet, so whats the fuss about..
  • phixion11
    phixion11 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Wow people cryng over this, First time pwi actually gives something back to the remaining loyal player base thats not a dream chaser pack. +1 Pwi :D
  • et3rea
    shapoopi wrote: »
    et3rea wrote: »

if you soooo sure about it being bound !! why the **** u raging at pwi ? just for 1 jade per toon ? in 5 days ? man i am sure the lvl 4 glyphs isnt bound !!

most of ppl has 50+ lv100 toons.. so make urself ur counts
  • laddy111
    laddy111 Posts: 14 Arc User
    seems like you ppl always have something to QQ about. Calm down buttercup, take a breath. This event wont be here forever, and if you think someone can log 50 alts for 5 days youre stupid lol.
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    wooooot, free josds, come to daddy!!!!
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    pwi gives crappy gifts = QQ
    pwi gives nice gifts = QQ
    pwi = QQ

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The people QQ'ing here are the ones without 50+ lvl 90 alts.

I only have enough 90+ chars to get 7 JoSD from this promo...so I'm hurting too. Some lucky few will instantly get rich off this.

They should have restricted it to a certain Arcane sky level or required a homestead.
  • laddy111
    laddy111 Posts: 14 Arc User
    i only my main char to receive it on and im happy. this is an opportunity not just for ppl with alts but for the little who cant even afford g16 set.
  • yoyohoho
    yoyohoho Posts: 34 Arc User
    been logged in for 7 hours today and still balance is showing "0" so looks like its not even working, so you have nothing to worry about lol
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    yoyohoho wrote: »
    been logged in for 7 hours today and still balance is showing "0" so looks like its not even working, so you have nothing to worry about lol

O dear...

Hides as storm approaches
  • bananabanban
    bananabanban Posts: 18 Arc User
    i just checked for both my main account and shop account, both have now been logged in since server came back online after maint, (approx. 8 hrs now) balance for both is 0
  • phixion11
    phixion11 Posts: 15 Arc User
    event doesnt start until 2pm servertime guys
  • yoyohoho
    yoyohoho Posts: 34 Arc User
    depend which server you are on....

but yes i just noticed while charge rewards have aleady started the actual log-in rewards say

"SPECIAL NOTICE: Starting from 11/22 @ 11:00 AM PDT until 11/30 @ 11:59 PM PDT"

which on dawnglory is server time 8pm (in 35mins)
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Like sure, this is a mistake on PWEs part but you guys have to remember the limitations on having accounts online. I can see 1 comp handling like 10, some do more, some do less. Thats still a stupid amount of jades but ppl creating panic bout ppl with 50+ lvl 90+ are just stupid. They really should of not included shards on this promo when they were doing it for login time too as those are tradeable and ppl will abuse it. But Kalyst wont be in office till Monday(After ppl have redeemed their shards) so this is gonna happen, better get on board with it.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dregenfox
    saxroll wrote: »
    Like sure, this is a mistake on PWEs part but you guys have to remember the limitations on having accounts online. I can see 1 comp handling like 10, some do more, some do less. Thats still a stupid amount of jades but ppl creating panic bout ppl with 50+ lvl 90+ are just stupid. They really should of not included shards on this promo when they were doing it for login time too as those are tradeable and ppl will abuse it. But Kalyst wont be in office till Monday(After ppl have redeemed their shards) so this is gonna happen, better get on board with it.

You just have to be online to get the points - one client set at lowest resolution + lowest graphics settings takes up only like 50-100 MB of ram...considering you can get $10 worth of gold per day per client just for logging in, it's actually almost 10x more economical to upgrade your RAM so you can run more clients than it is to actaully charge zen.

It's not even hard to have that many 90+ chars either due to how many free war front/pills were given out.

Not sure PWI actually thought this through, but then again when was the last time they actually thought something through, good or bad?
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2017
    dregenfox wrote: »

You just have to be online to get the points - one client set at lowest resolution + lowest graphics settings takes up only like 50-100 MB of ram...considering you can get $10 worth of gold per day per client just for logging in, it's actually almost 10x more economical to upgrade your RAM so you can run more clients than it is to actaully charge zen.

It's not even hard to have that many 90+ chars either due to how many free war front/pills were given out.

Not sure PWI actually thought this through, but then again when was the last time they actually thought something through, good or bad?

I am not doing this on some crapton of alts so I havent had the need to turn everything down but a friend is, with everything set down with toons sitting in nowhere to minimize resources spent. He is still using bit over 800mb ram/client. Even if you were running 16GB ram, which I think is the norm for gaming comps, and you werent doing anything else on the comp with everything set down, we are talking bout 19 clients max. If you want to not kill your comp and do something else on it at the same time, RAM cap is 10-15 clients for average gaming comps I`d say. Lot of ppl are running this game with far less though.

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    inb4 event not working
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Please don’t fix it please don’t allow this insane promo to work
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dregenfox
    saxroll wrote: »

I am not doing this on some crapton of alts so I havent had the need to turn everything down but a friend is, with everything set down with toons sitting in nowhere to minimize resources spent. He is still using bit over 800mb ram/client. Even if you were running 16GB ram, which I think is the norm for gaming comps, and you werent doing anything else on the comp with everything set down, we are talking bout 19 clients max. If you want to not kill your comp and do something else on it at the same time, RAM cap is 10-15 clients for average gaming comps I`d say. Lot of ppl are running this game with far less though.

I actually double-checked and none of the clients are using more than 400 MB/ram.

Currently have 6 clients open and they're using ~1.8 GB total. I have 16GB memory so there's still easily space for 18+ more if I was willing to have that many windows open.

My main client that runs at a larger window size + higher graphics is using ~1200...your friend is probably missing a few settings.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    I tested this with 2 acc. and it does not work so far. Catshop is a lvl 102. On main acc i loged my alt stormbringer and that one is 2rb lvl 102... So most likely is a broken event as usual :D

Still is not like I need anything from that event anyway so for me is kind of irrelevant :D
  • mavisv
    mavisv Posts: 1 Arc User
    it is not broken @kalystconquerer#0876 explained this on forum

*Because this is a script that is being run, you will not see points accumulating in "real time". It is set up to disburse at a certain time every day.
    *Like regular login rewards and script limitations, you will need to log in and out for it to track points properly.
    *To my knowledge, you do NOT need to log in and out every hour for it to track, but continuous day over day (read 24+ hours) might not catch properly. So please keep this in mind!
    *Points are tracking starting TODAY, but disbursement of points might take a few hours or a day to be granted. If you do not see points accumulating for you after 2-3 days, please contact Support so that we have that information on hand to award you points appropriately!​​
  • keihan007#7641
    I actually double-checked and none of the clients are using more than 400 MB/ram.

Currently have 6 clients open and they're using ~1.8 GB total. I have 16GB memory so there's still easily space for 18+ more if I was willing to have that many windows open.

My main client that runs at a larger window size + higher graphics is using ~1200...your friend is probably missing a few settings.

We did do some testing, he got it to as low as to 650mb, thats with everything you suggested and more. He did admit though that he could prolly get it lower than that by modifying files. With the amount of things he tried to lower resources used, I`d say 400mb/client just isnt possible w/o modifying files. Unless you want to list everything you are doing to reduce the ram required for us to test for ourselves?

• dregenfox
    edited November 2017
    https://i.imgur.com/SklHVQw.jpg

That shows current ram usage for some of the clients, they seem to vary anywhere from 50 to 400. The one at the top is obviously an open window at >1080p resolution so its consuming the 600-800 that your friend is getting, but there's no reason to keep the window open or have it at such high resolutions.

Does your friend have a video card or is he using shared/integrated VRAM?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    really wondering what made them think this was a good idea onset how revelations or black desert online doing
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Let's say some dude logged 50 alright supply and demand would counteract each other and magic they now worth 75-100mill like what's happened with drakeflame stones
    They used to be 100+ now they barely breaking 25-35